Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madonna Won, Right?

Here she is, almost 40 years into her recording career, and Madonna is still capturing attention and headlines.

Her critically acclaimed MADAME X album beat Bruce Springsteen in the USA for #1 album in their debut week, and Madonna won with PHYSICAL SALES, not streaming.

None of her contemporaries (those living or dead) still command the world's attention like Madonna.

Here at the DL, Madonna threads are ever-present. There are always a few threads receiving notice every day, with more created spotlighting some new aspect of Madonna's fame (or infamy).

None of the current artists will have a career as white-hot as Madonna's. Madonna's wannabes in 1985 stuck with her and she gained new followers decade after decade after decade.

Madonna wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2021 1:35 AM

Yes, she’s won,

But she’s also an awful person.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2019 4:16 PM

R1, no one said anything about her personality.

But Madonna survived and beat them all. She's the winner.

But I would like to hear form Madonna's stan who can site all of Madonna's charitable acts and how she saved The Gays in the Nineties, and she saved him personally.

That could add a Human Touch to her cold victories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2019 4:24 PM

Madame X is an unmitigated failure, OP. But yes, overall Madonna won. Now she can sit atop her empire of money and fame. Alone. Basically hated by everyone she once cared about (as far as she's able to care).

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2019 4:25 PM

Isn't that what she wanted?

I guess she wanted to be respected as an actress and as a director - neither of which will ever happen.

So she sits on her throne atop her hundreds of millions, alone.

But she won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2019 4:29 PM

How's the 'tour' going? She still playing high schools? Will she take it worldwide next- or will it die in Brooklyn?

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2019 4:37 PM

But she won for notoriety, not artistry. So it's kind of like winning Publisher's Clearing House, instead of the Nobel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2019 4:38 PM

The reason I started this thread was because on another of one of the many Madonna threads on DL, one poster said that for a brief while Cyndi Lauper was equal to Maddona.

That is laughable!

I was there all along. Cyndi had one true album of hits and then two more in 1986, and then her career was over. Even at her height in 1984-1985, Madonna was making the world go wild with "Borderline", "Crazy For You", "Into The Groove", "Material Girl", and more. Cyndi was flash in the pan who was known for her attempts at being "quirky" with her wrestling ties and choice of outfits.

Madonna changed and evolved constantly, while continuing to control the world with her every move.

This video is from 1995, when Madonna had scored with her acclaimed 'Bedtime Stories' album, still moving forward with her career and trying new things.

What was Cyndi doing in 1995? Peddling her awful remake of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" on a "Greatest Hits" album which had already been released in Europe in 1994 (to little notice).

Madonna wins every time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2019 4:39 PM

"Even at her height" meaning at Cyndi's career height, Madonna was still there and winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2019 4:40 PM

People have been writing Madonna off since her music career began. A "flash in the pan" they said. After the "Sex" book, people said she destroyed her career. Well into her 40s, people were calling her washed up and irrelevant. Now in her 60s, people are telling her to hang it up and retire. Yet despite all the naysayers she keeps going. People keep writing her off, but obviously she is still in their consciousness because they can't stop talking about her. Celebrities who are washed up and irrelevant are simply forgotten, which obviously isn't the case with Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2019 4:40 PM

Madonna beat Springsteen because she bundled copies of her CD with album tickets

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2019 4:42 PM

In the Summer of 1985, at Cyndi's height, she became known for the most horrid moment of "We Are The World."

Meanwhile, Madonna was winning over millions of hew fans with her Live Aid performance.

Madonna won and still wins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2019 4:43 PM

Cyndi wins alone by having sung the theme from [italic]Pee-Wee's Playhouse[/italic] while Vadge was struggling to convey actual human emotion in [italic]Shanghai Surprise[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2019 4:44 PM

This alone is better than ANYTHING that gap-toothed ho bag has ever sang EVER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2019 4:45 PM

Cyndi's been involved in her charity that helps gay teens. She's a better person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2019 4:49 PM

Madge could never have pulled off anything like [italic]Kinky Boots[/italic]. It was no [italic]Gypsy[/italic] but it was more than she could pull out of her overfucked ass.

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2019 4:51 PM

[quote]Well into her 40s, people were calling her washed up and irrelevant. Now in her 60s, people are telling her to hang it up and retire. Yet despite all the naysayers she keeps going.

Yep... at this rate, all the way to Branson with the rest of the stubborn embalmed.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2019 4:52 PM

Olivia Newton-John would have made a better Evita.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2019 4:55 PM

What could have been…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2019 4:56 PM

Eva is a belter's role. Which admittedly Madonna has more experience than most, it's confined to unbuckling belts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2019 5:00 PM

Even Erin Gray is a better actress if she could sell American luxury cars in a recession with a clear conscience.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2019 5:02 PM

She's certainly won at something - she's had a career that soared about as high as it's possible to go, despite expectations and lack of raw talent, for far longer than most of her contemporaries, and made a fortune in the process.

Which makes what she's turned into sadder, quite frankly.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2019 5:06 PM

Money buys publicity, albums sales and reviews. She didn’t win shit. She bought it

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2019 5:06 PM

Madonna won more Razzies than Cyndi and earned every single one.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2019 5:07 PM

Madonna helps the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2019 5:09 PM

Feh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 5:12 PM

Yep, she won all right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2019 5:16 PM

There is nothing more pathetic than an elderly fanboi.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2019 5:18 PM

Except anyone still spelling the word "boy" with an I. Send that shit back to the 1990s along with Friends, Power Rangers, and pedo-enabling boy bands.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2019 5:20 PM

She did win but I don't think she will ever be happy on a personal level--her face makes that clear. I wonder what would have happened if the Madonna of Ray of Light was genuine and continued to make serious music while maintaining a healthy family life. But people in hell also want water, so...

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2019 5:35 PM

Madame X looks constipated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2019 5:39 PM

Yet another #1 Dance song for Madonna!

Still winning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2019 7:04 PM

How many crowds ever demanded a refund from Cyndi because she was FOUR FUCKING HOURS late getting on fucking stage?

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2019 7:11 PM

The Brady Kids actually did less damage to "American Pie" than she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2019 7:12 PM

She certainly made a little go a very long way.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2019 7:16 PM

Smoke-and-mirrors, and now that the smoke is clearing, we are finally seeing what a sham she was, is, and always will be.

The only good thing she ever did for gays is disprove the stereotype that all gay men have good taste.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2019 7:45 PM

When [italic]As The World Turns[/italic] added a gay couple, Cyndi was there and Madge was nowheresville.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2019 7:46 PM

If they gave awards for Cognitive Dissonance, then she would win and so would her increasingly pathetic, desperate, and dwindling fan base:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2019 8:04 PM

R33: I never knew. And now I can never not know.

Damn you to HELL!

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2019 8:09 PM

[quote]Damn you to HELL!

Sorry, no can do. I actually went to Heaven. God decided the Variety Hour was punishment enough.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2019 8:14 PM

Cher won.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2019 8:16 PM

[quote] Cher won.

Except G actually gave an Oscar-worthy performance.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2019 8:22 PM

GAGA!

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2019 8:25 PM

[quote] GAGA!

That was not what I meant when I sang "all we hear is Radio Gaga."

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2019 8:46 PM

Winning BIGLY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2019 8:47 PM

She still won!

And to even mention the lowly Gaga, the Trump of Pop, in a Madonna thread is laughable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2019 9:41 PM

I heard she won an Alfred E. Neuman lookalike contest in 1965, and she didn't even enter!

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2019 9:59 PM

R35 Sounds like a Little Monster. Gaga fans are hell bent on destroying Madonna's legacy.

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2019 10:08 PM

She won but because of her narcissism and hunger for more, it’s never enough. She’s always competing with whoever is the best at the moment and whoever is on top which is not her because she’s old and the kids don’t care about her. So she did not win because she never found contentment or satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2019 10:16 PM

But she WON.

No one can ever take away her accomplishments or surpass her career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2019 10:32 PM

Cyndi had a number #1 song first, was nominated for 5 Grammys (winning one) from her debut album, was actually asked to partake in We Are The World, had a song featured in a Kodak ad, is 3/4 of the way to EGOT and is an inspiration for psoriasis survivors.

Oh, and R11, We Are The World was released in late winter, so I don't know where your summer of shame for Cyndi ties in.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2019 10:35 PM

GAGA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2019 10:39 PM

That's right. Lauper had that execrable and long-forgotten "Goonies 'R Good Enough" dreck in Summer 1985 while Madonna had the still-classic "Into The Groove" and "Dress You Up."

Madonna won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2019 11:12 PM

Madame X is a Winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2019 11:13 PM

Who the fuck thinks of "Dress You Up" as a classic?

by Anonymousreply 54November 28, 2019 1:56 AM

GAGA!

by Anonymousreply 55November 28, 2019 6:05 AM

[quote]Who the fuck thinks of "Dress You Up" as a classic?

Gap, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 28, 2019 1:48 PM

I bet she goes to her shows and sees all her fans from back in the day who are now old like her and feels like shit coz you know Madonna hates age and would do anything to have all the kiddies love her. No wonder she can barely make it to her shows she’s always late coz she doesn’t want to see all her old fans. If she could replace them with Taylor Swift fans she would be ecstatic. I think the last time she felt like she was really winning professionally was the blond ambition tour era in the early 90s and personally was when she married Guy and moved to England and had Rocco in the early 00s. She’s still successful but she knows people aren’t checking for her like they used to. It’s like a hot girl after the looks have faded think Denise Richards now and Denise Richards when she was a Bond girl. That’s Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 57November 28, 2019 2:58 PM

Madonna has faded far less than Denise Richards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 28, 2019 3:09 PM

r58 you missed my point, I was comparing Madonna’s career to a hot girl’s looks eg Denise Richards. It’s like you see Denise on the housewives now and she’s attractive, but she’s not hot like when she was a Bond girl or when she was cast on Friends as Ross’ cousin who Chandler, Phoebe and even Ross wanted to sleep with. The worst part for Madonna is that she could always rely on controversy to feel “alive” or “seen” or relevant. Now nothing is shocking anymore even that video of hers for God control was not impactful.

by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2019 3:25 PM

Madonna seems so empty and dead behind the eyes. What's the point of being successful if you're too miserable to enjoy it? That doesn't seem like winning to me.

by Anonymousreply 60November 28, 2019 7:53 PM

I'm sure her $$$ would make anyone happy.

by Anonymousreply 61November 28, 2019 8:01 PM

[quote] Madonna has faded far less than Denise Richards.

Except Denise Richards was actually funny in [italic]Drop Dead Gorgeous[/italic] where she had to play a phony bitch. In Madge's case, she doesn't have to play one.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2019 1:08 AM

Yeah, Madonna seems so unhappy. All that money and all those children and she seems so unfulfilled. To fuck up her face like she did, there are some deep-rooted insecurities and issues.

by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2019 1:15 AM

R63 Just what I was going to say. And now she’s not even winning career wise anymore with pisspoor album and ticket sales. It must be driving her insane that now not only is her personal life a mess, but so is her career.

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2019 1:26 AM

Prediction: For an encore, Madonna will make a sequel to the Sex book. It's contents? Her getting fisted with many, many dollar bills. "Ahhhh, look how rich I am, bwhahahahahhah".

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2019 1:33 AM

How is winning, when your starting to look like Joan Rivers?

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2019 1:56 AM

In a thread someone posted a few days ago of Madonna with Kim Kardashian, she looks like a bloated Joan Crawford in Johnny Guitar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2019 2:05 AM

Rick Astley has more relevance in 2019 than Madge. I didn't think that would ever happen, either.

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2019 2:09 AM

Not so sure, how many people who know her love her? Can't keep a man, her son hates her, her daughter is afraid of her. How many friends and acquaintances stick around?

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2019 2:24 AM

Her first husband dumped her for the girl from [italic]Forrest Gump[/italic]. That says it all.

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2019 2:25 AM

I don't understand why huge singers like Madonna don't start branching out into acting and producing once they hit a certain age. Madonna could have easily secured a TV series in the past decade which would have ushered in a whole new era for her. Because let's face it, her music career is over. Now it feels like it's too late for her to do anything outside of music.

Gaga was super smart to start an acting career in her early 30s when she can still play leading parts. I feel like her career will have a lot more longevity than Madonna's because of this. Streisand and Midler are further examples of singers who have managed to have long, prestigious careers because of singing and acting.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2019 2:39 AM

At least Bette Midler tries to mask her internalized bitterness with some genuinely funny jokes.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2019 2:40 AM

R71, you're joking right? You realize that Madonna has tried to act for than 3 decades and failed at it almost constantly?

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2019 2:43 AM

No mention of her awesome directing career? I hear Spielberg is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2019 2:44 AM

So has Jennifer Aniston, but she can't sing either, R73.

by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Poor thing thought she'd be as relevant as she was in 1990 for the rest of her life. She should've seen the WRIting on the wahaul in 2003 when American Life tanked.

by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2019 2:47 AM

Pop music was already on a downward spiral by then, and now it is in its death throes. Music technology has never been better but musical and lyrical composition have never been more puerile. And Madonna was there for every second of that. She's an enabler.

by Anonymousreply 77November 29, 2019 2:51 AM

R73, Gaga isn't a good actress, but she's developing a nice acting career for herself in spit of it. Cher isn't a great actress, either, but she won an Oscar and had a successful career in Hollywood.

I think the main problem for Madonna is that she isn't charismatic onscreen in the same way that Streisand, Midler, Gaga and Cher are. She's also struggles with displaying sympathy onscreen, which is crucial for becoming a big actress. The audience has to root for you.

by Anonymousreply 78November 29, 2019 2:56 AM

[quote]The audience has to root for you.

That's why I didn't want that Zbornak bitch on [italic]Jeopardy![/italic] Mr. Trebek is sick enough as it is.

by Anonymousreply 79November 29, 2019 2:58 AM

Gaga will not have a 40 career.

It’s laughable to even suggest that.

by Anonymousreply 80November 29, 2019 4:14 AM

40 year career.

by Anonymousreply 81November 29, 2019 4:15 AM

If you mean 40 weeks, R80, it's already exceeded that if you still know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2019 4:16 AM

Madonna didn't "win." Madonna is just desperate. And she's been selling her tits and ass for 40 years? I don't consider being a whore for 40 years an achievement.

by Anonymousreply 83November 29, 2019 4:17 AM

She should be called "Slut"!

by Anonymousreply 84November 29, 2019 4:18 AM

She certainly won against Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, Regina, Kylie Minogue et al.

by Anonymousreply 85November 29, 2019 9:43 AM

Yes, OP, she's the Mae West of our time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 29, 2019 10:34 AM

R85 Kylie Minogue at least seems personally fulfilled. Kylie doesn’t have that maddening drive and ambition that Madonna has to make it and continue to be seen but she’s done pretty well for herself in spite of getting cancer at the height of her career. And while I’m a fan of both their catalogues, old and new, Kylie over the last few years has given me more (not counting her last country record that I didn’t listen to).

by Anonymousreply 87November 29, 2019 2:56 PM

Kylie Minogue has definitely won over Madonna in terms of continuing her career in her 50s. Yeah, Madonna's catalogue overall is superior to Kylie's, but as both women enter their 50s and 60s respectively, Kylie has shown much more maturity and a continuing ability to connect to her fans and the public, whereas Madonna has become a complete freak show and people no longer connect to her or think she's cool. Even her own fans - lifelong fans, I might add, too - are jumping ship. Look at Madonnanation. Half the posts are critical of her. People are tired of her bullshit.

Kylie appreciates her fans and isn't resorting to butchering her face and posting bizarre Thanksgiving messages on her social media. Kylie's recent performance of her hit Slow on the Graham Norton Show just proves that she still can deliver.

by Anonymousreply 88November 29, 2019 3:02 PM

R88 yes Madonna’s catalogue is superior to Kylie’s in artistic value, integrity and introspection and, social and political messaging. But in terms of entertainment value (listenability, enjoyment) I find them pretty equal. I like and listen to their music pretty equally and I’m not talking about charts here because Kylie didn’t break America. However the same ambition and drive that created Madonna is now destroying her. She doesn’t have perspective of where she’s at in her career or how to pivot. She’s identified age as the biggest enemy to her career and relevance - and it probably is but she can’t fight age. None of us can! No amount of surgeries or mouth grills will make her appear to be a peer of Ariana or Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 89November 29, 2019 3:30 PM

R87, HOW is Kylie personally fulfilled when she was engaged to a gay man?

She's much more pathetic than Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 90November 29, 2019 3:44 PM

Guess I should've clarified, she won over Kylie in the 80s. In the USA.

by Anonymousreply 91November 29, 2019 3:48 PM

R90 which gay man was she engaged to? She’s in a relationship presently when was the last time Madonna was in one..let me guess the boyfriend who fucked her trainer..a tidbit she felt the need to reveal to us on her tour. Madonna hasn’t been seen with a man in ages not even her young fuckboys.

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2019 3:50 PM

[quote] Madonna could have easily secured a TV series in the past decade which would have ushered in a whole new era for her.

Yeah, she can co-star with Alyssa Milano in an incredibly unfunny sitcom called [italic]Who's The Bitch?[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2019 4:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2019 5:35 PM

Remember this mix from 1985?

"MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!

MADONNA!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2019 6:34 PM

No honey, I won ...... Much love !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2019 8:39 PM

Madonna mostly is being ridiculed these days. She has trouble selling out the small venues she is playing. As many predicted, once her "sexuality' no longer attracts, her career would be over and it is. No way to hide her lack of talent behind her pushed up tits. Still, it's impressive that someone has come so far with so little talent.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2019 8:55 PM

R97, she stopped attracting people with her sexuality in the early 90s. Her career went on despite that. It's time she realized that this time is different and the show won't go on--she's done. She should have retired at least 7 years ago, if not after COADF in 2005.

by Anonymousreply 98November 29, 2019 9:12 PM

MADAME X is one of her most critically-acclaimed albums, so there was no reason for her to retire "at least 7 years ago."

It's also a Number One album in PHYSICAL SALES with three #1 Dance singles so far.

"Crave" is a Top Ten Adult Radio hit, her first in a decade.

MADAME X's songs have huge streaming numbers as well. This album has gained her many new fans in South America and around the world.

Just because you want her singing "Holiday" IN ITS ORIGINAL FORMAT does not mean Madonna should have reduced herself to being a novelty oldies act for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2019 9:55 PM

R99, who cares if it was number one in physical sales? Unless you are Adele, people aren't buying physical copies in large amounts anymore. In terms of streaming, you are making things up--it was/is a huge failure. Same as Janet's recent album. Her song Medellin only has 40ish million views. God control has 7 million views. These are embarrassing numbers.

by Anonymousreply 100November 29, 2019 10:19 PM

Are you crazy? This article is from 3 months ago and MADAME X had already surpassed 100 million streams.

Millions more streams in the last three months!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 29, 2019 10:49 PM

R101, those aren't really impressive numbers. If this was 8 years ago or so when streaming was starting to take off, those would be impressive. But considering this was a recently album, those numbers aren't strong.

by Anonymousreply 102November 29, 2019 11:17 PM

Holy SHIT! Another thread so the Deranged Madonna haters can vent their mental illness for all to see. Yes, keep repeating she's over and all the other extremely funny, in the way the mentally ill are, lies and you *might* believe them (you don't though- her success sends you over the cliff every time and I LOVE it).

Madonna didn't, and actively repelled, the mentally fragile and weak. You haters have plenty of divas for that. Madonna attracted the strong and resilient.

by Anonymousreply 103November 29, 2019 11:24 PM

^^^wow.

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2019 11:26 PM

I wouldn't say no to 1% of her fortune.

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2019 11:36 PM

Madame X won!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 30, 2019 4:17 PM

Many beloved artists weren’t even famous in their time, so winning really has nothing to do with your artistry in the grand scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2019 4:54 PM

Gaga and Taylor Swift are flopping. Neither will ever have a 40 year career like Madonna.

Madonna won!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 13, 2020 2:03 PM

Yep. She’s a winner.

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2020 1:33 AM

Her well rested face. She actually looks beautiful here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2020 2:51 AM

Cher won.

Game, set and match.

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2020 3:09 AM

She's repulsive and always has been and I bet the kids hate her and are only sticking around for the money.

by Anonymousreply 112March 14, 2020 3:22 AM

Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 14, 2020 3:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114March 14, 2020 3:42 AM

I have to admire her tenacity and longevity but oh my god I hate to hear that woman sing.

by Anonymousreply 115March 14, 2020 3:57 AM

"Here she is, almost 40 years into her recording career, and Madonna is still capturing attention and headlines."

She's still "capturing attention and headlines" because she has a pathological need for attention and will anything to get it. I don't think that constitutes "winning."

by Anonymousreply 116March 14, 2020 4:02 AM

Just in the past two days, two different threads about Madonna were started to healthy response. The subject of Madonna has even taken over the "What makes an artist" thread.

Madonna's still winning in 2021!

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2021 12:47 PM

Ok, is Madame X somewhat of a hit or not?

by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]Madonna won with PHYSICAL SALES, not streaming.

Unfortunately, that is not the metric you want to "win" these days.

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2021 1:12 PM

If anyone else had a Number One hit with physical sales, it would be a "legitimate" hit. But Madonna's haters change the rules when MADONNA hits Number One with physical sales.

R119 then tries to say physical sales don't count, but if someone said MADAME X was #1 in streaming, he would say streaming doesn't count.

With deranged Madonna haters, they constantly move the goalposts in order to slam her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2021 1:14 PM

If she made a single dollar off of Madame x then she has won.

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2021 1:18 PM

She's 60 and still gets fucked by big 20-something dicks.

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote]Her critically acclaimed MADAME X album

Fans are so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 123March 1, 2021 2:47 PM

OP is so PRESSED

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote] Madonna's still winning in 2021!

Attention does not always equal "winning" or success.

by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2021 2:49 PM

I honestly don't get people who are such obsessive fans of pop singers -- unless they are in their teens.

Being a gushing fan when you are an adult suggests mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2021 3:01 PM

Madonna is Life

by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2021 10:53 PM

Some boys kiss me...

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2021 1:13 AM

some boys drug me

by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2021 1:15 AM

Love her or hate, we simply cannot ignore her

by Anonymousreply 130June 12, 2021 5:06 AM

Still winning!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2021 1:45 PM

Experience has made me rich

And now they're after me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2021 1:49 PM

"Here at the DL, Madonna threads are ever-present." Because they're all posted by you, asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2021 1:52 PM

I don't know if she won. She made a lot of money. She endured. She won't go away, apparently. That could be a definition of winning. If one person's definition is enough for you.

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2021 1:55 PM

R133 is triggered!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 29, 2021 1:57 PM

Madonna won. I agree. Also: I’m middle age so I care about retirement more. Still - how fun to see her fun bags at this late a date. Next tits pic at 72!

by Anonymousreply 136June 29, 2021 2:05 PM

Happy Fourth

by Anonymousreply 137July 4, 2021 11:46 PM

Madonna won Life

by Anonymousreply 138July 5, 2021 12:19 AM

She won, OP lost. Again.

by Anonymousreply 139July 5, 2021 1:10 AM

Girls, girls! You’re both overrated.

by Anonymousreply 140July 5, 2021 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!