Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let’s humanise Mayor Pete

OK, we know he’s a Rhodes Scholar and a Vet. Intelligent. Articulate. Wonderful.

BORING!

Does anyone have fun facts/trivia about him? I want to know about Pete the everyday man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2019 1:58 PM

Sometimes, he eats his fries with mayo instead of ketchup.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Someone described him a CIA spook undercover as an insurance agent. Does that help?

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Lots of famous people come from Indiana, including iconic gays Cole Porter and James Dean!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2019 12:58 PM

Drinking from the Kennedy mug is so corny.

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2019 1:18 PM

He plays Risk on his phone to unwind. He also plays Risk with Chasten who wins most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2019 1:19 PM

Anybody still pining for Jack votes via Ouija board.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2019 1:19 PM

"Humanise"? You want to know in England? Canada?

Let me be the first: cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2019 1:19 PM

He recites Taylor Swift lyrics during debate prep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2019 1:20 PM

He's the mayor of a shithole in the Midwest that most people here would rather slit their own throats than live in.

Human enough?

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2019 1:50 PM

He's the male Hillary. If he is the nominee it will not go well.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2019 2:10 PM

R7: you left out Australia, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Kenya, Hong Kong etc etc...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2019 2:12 PM

This:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2019 3:14 PM

[quote]Here is the story again of how I met Mayor Pete: happy to share if it convinces people to support to his campaign:

[quote]The first time I met Mayor Pete I was working in the ER, very shortly after finishing my residency and moving back to South Bend. I was caring for a little Somali boy who had nearly to hanged himself. We had no Arabic translator immediately available that could help me talk with his mother, and we were working on getting one of the phone translation services when a young man in a suit showed up and just started translating. I assumed the hospital had found and sent down an official translator because translators at the hospital where I did my residency training always wore suits. The boy was gravely ill, and I did not bother to ask who the new translator was, but he spent about an hour with the mother and I, just helping me talk with her about his treatment and his prognosis. Then he followed her and her son up to the ICU when the boy was admitted. During the whole event he never mentioned who he was or said anything to take the focus away from caring for this little boy and his family.

[quote]About an hour later he came down from the ICU and shook my hand before he left. I asked him how long he had been a translator with the hospital, and he very casually replied, “I don’t work for the hospital, I’m Mayor Pete.” He shook my hand and left without another word He had come and done what he needed to do and was on his way either home or back to work.

[quote]I learned later that he had simply heard over the police scanner that we needed an Arabic translator at the hospital for this tragic situation and just wanted to help. In addition to studying at Harvard, being a Rhodes scholar, working as a McKenzie consultant, he speaks fluent Arabic and worked for Navy intelligence in the Middle East. He is a pretty amazing guy, has done incredible work here in South Bend, and will do great things for the country I hope.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2019 3:26 PM

He's got a Homer-esque muzzle, which us fine, but he needs to release some shirtless pix so we can see the merch.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2019 3:28 PM

Top or bottom??

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2019 3:29 PM

Side.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2019 3:34 PM

So big and brave, he came to save a village from distress,

He saved the ship from crashing when he heard the SOS,

He faced a team of villains and he fought them with success,

He's great, he's great, a chum, a pal, a mate!

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2019 3:37 PM

Anybody who thinks Pete Buttigieg is boring is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2019 3:41 PM

Only boring people are bored.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2019 3:42 PM

Please give us a boring President.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote] Please give us a boring President.

Unfortunately, an electric drill is ineligible for the job since it is not human.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2019 3:43 PM

Mayor Pete's favorite coin is the nickel

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2019 3:46 PM

[quote] Mayor Pete's favorite coin is the nickel

I thought his favorite currency was the three-dollar bill!

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2019 3:50 PM

He's doesn't whine that people don't take him seriously because he "too handsome."

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2019 4:05 PM

I've never heard Chasten complain that his cock was too big to fit in his asshole.

by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2019 4:06 PM

What a bullshit thread. The man plays the piano, and has disabled rescue dogs.

You are trying to humanise a kind man?

What bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2019 4:08 PM

He's the gay Mister Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2019 4:12 PM

[quote] You are trying to humanise a kind man?

Humanise? You aren't even American, troll, so why should you care?

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2019 4:13 PM

That "CIA spook undercover as an insurance salesman" description is *perfect*.

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2019 4:16 PM

r28, Boris, you should be able to read my IP address and see I am an American.

r26, a not so kind Las Vegan, ya cunt.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2019 4:16 PM

They don't show IP addresses on DL, R30, you homophobic xenophobic shill.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2019 4:17 PM

[quote]you homophobic xenophobic shill.

Nothing I post is self loathing of xenophobic.

I thought you had some magic way to document me as not American.

Gad, you are an AMAZING cunt.

You need to work on humanizing YOU, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2019 4:28 PM

Keep flapping your lip, homophobe. I'll keep ignoring you while you keep enabling gay erasure with your hate speech.

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2019 4:29 PM

r33, et al, you need therapy. You are ill.

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2019 4:33 PM

Shut your anti-GAY face, you self-loathing sellout.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2019 4:37 PM

I knew you fucking Bernie Bros were homophobes in addition to being misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2019 4:37 PM

Just for that, I want Pete for DICTATOR OF THE FUCKING WORLD.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2019 4:40 PM

The entire world wants, needs, and deserves a dictator, and who is more qualified to tell others what to do than a gay man? No one!

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2019 4:41 PM

Pete is a good man, a gay man, who needs to be supported.

He does not need to be humanized.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2019 4:48 PM

When Pete is President, R39 will be one of the first to go to military prison for crimes against homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2019 4:49 PM

he's fugly and unlikable with an equally hideous wife.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2019 4:50 PM

Refer to gay men with male pronouns, R41, or you're a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2019 4:51 PM

I cannot [italic]wait[/italic] for the moving 60 Minutes interview.

I [italic]was[/italic] that little cookie baking hand stand by your man power bottom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2019 4:56 PM

Chasten has to remind him to unload the dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2019 4:57 PM

R23 is Wendy Williams.

... or La Senatrice

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2019 5:00 PM

He always remembers to wash his sex toys after every usage.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2019 5:00 PM

He's pretty human already, but I'm a polyglot musician just like him so maybe I immediately relate more easily

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2019 5:01 PM

Gay white men really are more progressive than everybody else put together, so the Presidency is our birthright.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2019 5:03 PM

Has a three part plan for the Island of Misfit toys.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2019 5:04 PM

[quote] Has a three part plan for the Island of Misfit toys.

Not good enough. Santa is a zionist tool.

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote]@PeteButtigieg did more than just call me when my young 11 year cousin was shot and killed, campaign workers across the country helped pay for the funeral. Policies are fine but this country needs a compassionate and empathetic president. Proud to be on #TeamPete

That incident was truly awful, by the way. He was playing outside his house and a stray bullet killed him. 😕

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2019 7:12 PM

See? Pete is NOT a racist, and anyone who accuses him of being one is a racist, a homophobe, a misandrist, and since he was in the Armed Forces, then it also makes you a fucking traitor.

If you hate Pete, then you hate America. And if you hate America, then you can fucking LEAVE!

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2019 7:15 PM

He has plenty of endearing and wholesome flaws, but they aren't degenerate enough for some people to relate to...

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2019 8:10 PM

You mean like Joe Biden's creepiness towards teenage girls or his condescending adulation of that godawful minstrel show on NBC?

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]If you hate Pete, then you hate America. And if you hate America, then you can fucking LEAVE!

Yeah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2019 8:23 PM

Peter, as I called him when we dated, loved to play Scrabble while sipping hot cocoa from his ND mug while wrapped in an oversized turtleneck sweater.

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2019 8:37 PM

Mr. Buttigieg and his band performed a free concert with a full setlist just for one boy dying of leukemia.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2019 8:46 PM

His man-cave is a space under the piano with his dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2019 9:02 PM

I don't like that fat, one eyed dog.

by Anonymousreply 59November 27, 2019 9:03 PM

The dogs are well-behaved and only poop outside.

by Anonymousreply 60November 27, 2019 9:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 27, 2019 9:08 PM

This pile on of Pete by the African American community and now the Latinos is so sickening when you think all it does is help Trump.

Next time you want to complain about racial profiling, police violence against your community etc, dont come crying to the rest of us for sympathy.

Kind of reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2019 9:09 PM

Agreed, R62. I used to support them wholeheartedly. I watched their movies and TV shows, listened to their music, welcomed them into my house, and did my best not to be a jerk to them, but still that's not enough. Nothing is ever good enough.

There's a reason Jews and Asians are the most successful minority groups in this country.

by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2019 9:12 PM

R61: He won't win any prizes.

And that can only mean one thing.

by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2019 9:15 PM

[quote] There's a reason Jews and Asians are the most successful minority groups in this country.

Jews are pretty far down the list of most successful right now. Indians are #1. Asians #2. Jews are like #8. They need to get their shit together. lol

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2019 9:15 PM

Your uncited antisemitic hate speech disproves nothing, R65.

by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2019 9:16 PM

India only recently decriminalized gay sex while their former British colonizers legalized it more than 50 years ago.

Advantage: whitey

by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2019 9:17 PM

[quote] This pile on of Pete by the African American community and now the Latinos is so sickening when you think all it does is help Trump.

I’m telling you, the far left will be the death of us all. Gay white males are even more evil than Reoublicans to them. They purposely wrote our white gays from Stonewall. Jews are another group that’s evil. You have to be self-loathing and apologize to get in with this group and the 2020 candidates with the exception of Biden, Amy and Pete keep sucking up to them.

by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2019 9:18 PM

Barry O never had any executive experience when he became President. But not being gay or Jewish was good enough to anoint him the Black Messiah.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2019 9:18 PM

I can't help think that he's an overachiever as an attempt to counteract feelings of inadequacy because he's gay. I also think there's a manipulative, ruthless arrogance and superiority beneath the surface that drives him that we're yet to see.

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2019 9:18 PM

[quote] Your uncited antisemitic hate speech disproves nothing, [R65].

Thank you for outing yourself as an idiot who doesn’t understand a joke. I’m a Jew, moron.

by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2019 9:20 PM

Except that gays actually ARE superior. To paraphrase the least sexy male cast member of [italic]Silver Spoons[/italic] in one of his more famous TV commercials, he EARNED it!

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2019 9:20 PM

This thread is really going well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2019 9:22 PM

All right Pete, extend your arm; extend your middle finger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2019 9:22 PM

Richest ethnic groups in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2019 9:22 PM

And he knows the Indiana geography rule:

South Bend is north, North Vernon is south, and French Lick is nothing like what it sounds.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2019 9:53 PM

[quote]French Lick is nothing like what it sounds.

Aww, I was hoping it was some kind of sex act.

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2019 9:58 PM

He's losing his hair up front. That means high testosterone, and that means top.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2019 10:22 PM

[Quote] He's the gay Mister Rogers.

Sounds good to me!

by Anonymousreply 79November 28, 2019 4:16 AM

Thank you R56, Mz. Diane Keaton

by Anonymousreply 80November 28, 2019 4:44 AM

Super-adorable factoid: He's wholly, adorably unqualified!

by Anonymousreply 81November 28, 2019 4:50 AM

He clutches five different opened bottles of poppers in his hand and breathes them deeply through his nose while he's getting DP'd by BBC.

by Anonymousreply 82November 28, 2019 5:10 AM

His favorite bar snack is the Scotch egg, a fried ball of meat with an egg in the middle. He used the snack to test his compatibility with Chasten during their first date.

by Anonymousreply 83November 28, 2019 5:14 AM

When he is feeling adventurous he orders strawberry instead of his favorite vanilla ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 84November 28, 2019 5:23 AM

Just like I thought, we hardly know anything. He needs to be more relatable. Dogs and piano playing aren’t enough. What does he have in common with the common man? Politics aren’t everything. He will come off either weird or elitist without the trivial parts to fill in the picture.

And to be fair, all the candidates are guilty of this. We want more. Do they give less to avoid you not liking them for a minor matter?

by Anonymousreply 85November 28, 2019 6:00 AM

Super-adorable factoid: He's wholly, adorably more experienced than Trump was!

by Anonymousreply 86November 28, 2019 7:09 AM

Pete is a good guy. You may not agree with all his policies, in fact, no one will agree with everything a president says or does. But it's the maturity, empathy and ability to listen to other's that is needed in this country right now. Sadly, we currently do not have a President for all Americans. Any one of the Dems would make a better president than the Orange Traitor.

by Anonymousreply 87November 28, 2019 5:19 PM

Pete was humanized when he wished upon a star and the Blue Fairy turned him into a real boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 28, 2019 7:21 PM

Pete was humanized when he wished upon a star and the Blue Fairy turned him into a real Navy intelligence officer.

by Anonymousreply 89November 28, 2019 7:26 PM

The downside to increased tolerance of queer liberation is that the moderates benefit from the work of the radicals enough to drag their cowardly, conformist asses of the closet themselves.

It almost makes me want to fire up the homophobes so they can shove them back in.

Sorry...................

Not Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 90November 28, 2019 7:30 PM

In increasingly Comfortable with him. He’s the Most promising moderate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 28, 2019 7:33 PM

Yeah, lord knows that the baby boomers have always been marginalized in American politics.

Thank heavens we finally have a candidate sticking up for THEIR interests.

Or wait... haven't they actually had a death-grip on American politics for decades and aren't they, as a group, responsible for putting the final nail in the coffin of the biosphere?

GTFO with that "retirement guy", "gray new deal" garbage.

by Anonymousreply 92November 28, 2019 8:04 PM

Did Pete have a boyfriend before Chasten? Or did he marry the first man he dated?

by Anonymousreply 93November 28, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote]the moderates benefit from the work of the radicals

yes, in all things. Twas ever thus, from women's tights to gays to climate. It's how change becomes normal life.

by Anonymousreply 94November 28, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]Did Pete have a boyfriend before Chasten? Or did he marry the first man he dated?

marry the first man he dated? <---This.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2019 1:31 AM

Read his book sometime, and you'll come away seeing that the only people he has any regard for are other straight or "straight acting" white males.

by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2019 2:35 AM

Strange that none of Pete or Chasten's exes have come forward.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2019 2:44 AM

Pete is a good midwestern boy who goes hunting with his husband's father during the holidays to you know.. try to alleviate any lingering tension there. How much more human do you want?

by Anonymousreply 98November 29, 2019 2:58 AM

I thought Chasten’s fam was homophobic r98?

by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2019 2:59 AM

R99 actually I think Chasten's brother is the asshole bigot. It seems like the parents are at least accepting now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 29, 2019 3:11 AM

I'm sending them these for Xmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 29, 2019 3:33 AM

Lol, as if you’d care about him being gay if your son suddenly became first gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 102November 29, 2019 5:59 AM

[quote]Strange that none of Pete or Chasten's exes have come forward.

To say what? Gay man in blow job shock?

Usually exes have an axe to grind or are attached to something seedy or embarrassing to allege, like a love child and dildo up the ass at a strip club, It's entirely possible they live normal, unremarkable lives. Not even queen is a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 103November 29, 2019 11:28 AM

He prefers Rite One to Rite Two but goes to the 11:30 to please Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2019 11:42 AM

He’s half Maltese!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2019 12:05 PM

r99 Chasten's parents are super supportive now. It's Chasten's brothers - Rhyan and Dustin, both born-again Christians - who have become estranged from Chasten's parents because of their homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2019 3:41 PM

[quote]A year ago today, my daughter got to meet Mayor Pete Buttigieg. A piece of her art was chosen to be displayed at city hall and she was invited to the unveiling. As Mayor Pete approached us, my daughter’s shyness took over and the first photo is how she greeted him. Arms crossed, frowning and silent. I was so embarrassed and panicked! But Pete, instead of taking a quick photo and moving along, sat down with her, crossed his arms and frowned (2nd photo). My daughter couldn’t hide her smile after that. Mayor Pete saw the opportunity and chatted with her quietly. I have no idea what he said to her, but she dropped her arms and was smiling ear to ear as if she and the mayor were old pals.

[quote]I was so relieved and impressed that our Mayor was so kind and compassionate. He recognized her feelings and took the time to make sure she felt comfortable and special that day. I never expected that from a politician or any adult really. Most people just smile and move past the shy kid. There were no cameras, no news outlets, just kids, parents and Pete. Since that day she talks about Mayor Pete as if they’re old buddies who share a secret and I am so grateful to him for that.

[quote]Whether you’re right, left or center doesn’t matter. The kindness he showed my daughter that day is an example of the type of person he is and that transcends politics. Now he’s running for president and my daughter thinks he should win because he’s nice. If only it were that simple, kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 29, 2019 3:42 PM

[quote] I have no idea what he said to her, but she dropped her arms and was smiling ear to ear as if she and the mayor were old pals.

“I have a 10 inch penis.”

by Anonymousreply 108November 29, 2019 4:20 PM

"An old silent pond... A frog jumps into the pond, splash! Silence again."

by Anonymousreply 109November 29, 2019 4:29 PM

What are his favorite foods? Games? Music? TV shows?

by Anonymousreply 110November 29, 2019 7:49 PM

Chasten said something about a "wrapped pig" the other day. Is that a thing or have I dreamt it?

Here's more about the TV shows he watches, or at least was watching back in October. He doesn't play Dungeons & Dragons, but plays board games like RIsk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 29, 2019 7:55 PM

And here's an article about his musical taste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 29, 2019 7:55 PM

*tastes

by Anonymousreply 113November 29, 2019 7:56 PM

Chasten has a brother named Dustin? That’s a white trash name.

Not that Chasten is any better. Sounds like the parents wanted a “classy” name.

by Anonymousreply 114November 29, 2019 7:58 PM

OP is Poo Shoes for sure. Too many tell-tale signs of the poo smeared all over this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 29, 2019 8:00 PM

r114 So what do you think about "Rhyan", the third brother? Classier or trashier than Chasten and Dustin?

by Anonymousreply 116November 29, 2019 8:01 PM

It does seem like he married the first man he dated:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 29, 2019 8:04 PM

R116. Forget the other brother. Still sounds like parents were trying to sound sophisticated by using a different spelling.

Dustin is just a pure trash name.

by Anonymousreply 118November 29, 2019 8:06 PM

Well Chasten isn't exactly from Burke's Peerage, is it?

by Anonymousreply 119November 29, 2019 8:16 PM

If Pete married the first guy he ever dated, Chasten must have quite the hole.

by Anonymousreply 120November 29, 2019 8:18 PM

He's just a one-and-done kind of guy, like myself.

by Anonymousreply 121November 29, 2019 8:21 PM

[quote]Get you a president who holds babies and lights up! Oh, and this is the #SouthBend baby who was born an hour after @PeteButtigieg married her parents.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 29, 2019 11:27 PM

Chasten has tattoos and showed calf and tricep on his online dating profile?!?!?!?!

Don't try to fool me no more, Pete! I know what that means! Chasten Glezman... Chasten Nasty!! You didn't go on Hinge to just hold hands, you and him...

by Anonymousreply 123November 30, 2019 4:02 AM

I predict Chasten's brothers will be special guests for RT's live coverage of Pete's Inauguration Day.

by Anonymousreply 124November 30, 2019 4:21 AM

Hemorrhoids!!!

by Anonymousreply 125November 30, 2019 4:27 AM

What R70 and R81 said. Can't anyone see Pete Buttigieg doesn't have compassion for the American people and our Constitution?

by Anonymousreply 126November 30, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]Pete Buttigieg doesn't have compassion for the American people and our Constitution?

You mean on the scale of Trump?

Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 127November 30, 2019 6:51 AM

"Compassion for the Constitution"? The fuck does that even mean? 🥴

by Anonymousreply 128November 30, 2019 10:15 AM

R128, every President-Elect must take an oath, which is in the U.S. Constitution. I've posted it previously in The DL. I don't believe for a second that Pete Buttigieg intends to take that oath with honesty and to abide by it as required by law. All one needs to do is go to YouTube and view all his media interviews & campaign speeches to see the man's not genuine and has no gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 129November 30, 2019 10:22 AM

r129 Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life. Yes, he's faking it all and will turn into a horrible, horrible dictator. 😅

by Anonymousreply 130November 30, 2019 10:30 AM

R130, I didn't say that and your 2nd statement is about a ridiculous statement as I've heard in my life, which proves you don't know much about politics.

by Anonymousreply 131November 30, 2019 10:32 AM

You're paranoid. Gurl, bye.

by Anonymousreply 132November 30, 2019 10:34 AM

SMH. Ditzy queens. That one ^ was probably born after 1994 or is on some type of substance since it's MY problem AFTER the thread about Mayor Pete being a LIAR has already been posted here!

by Anonymousreply 133November 30, 2019 10:40 AM

He’s a conservative with a race problem. No thank you. We deserve so much better.

by Anonymousreply 134November 30, 2019 10:44 AM

If he's a conservative, then Obama and Hillary were fascist right-wingers. Good luck selling that position to the vast majority of the Dem electorate that is actually sane. 😂

by Anonymousreply 135November 30, 2019 10:57 AM

R135, anyone with political savvy can deduce Mayor Pete's position. He's not a true Democrat. Take for example his admiration for Mark Zuckerberg and his adherence to the unacceptable sociopolitical philosophy known as The Third Way.

by Anonymousreply 136November 30, 2019 12:56 PM

I like him the way that he is.

by Anonymousreply 137November 30, 2019 2:09 PM

[quote] Chasten has a brother named Dustin? That’s a white trash name.

Well, I hate you back, you little shit!

by Anonymousreply 138November 30, 2019 2:09 PM

r70, nails it.

by Anonymousreply 139November 30, 2019 2:30 PM

Yesterday on Twitter this was floating around.

The person that originally found the quotes deleted them all from her twitter once people started attacking her and locked her twitter.

The person that originally wrote all of this locked their twitter.

From someone who has known Pete since he was a kid.

(His first tweet about him is back in 2013 and these tweets are from 2016)

There were many more (As of yesterday) but people didn't manage to snag them before the tweets were deleted/accounts locked.

Basically he paints him like that "kid" from The Politician and at one point he also said Pete has no "moral compass."

He could just be bitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 30, 2019 2:53 PM

Oh, if it's on Twitter, then it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 141November 30, 2019 3:17 PM

R141, oh after entire threads based on twitter, people making public statements on twitter and the fact that not a single one of you talking about him back in 2013 but somehow this guy was ... yeah I believe he knows him but I don't necessarily believe what he's saying.

by Anonymousreply 142November 30, 2019 6:00 PM

I heard he was really smart-- obviously as a dumb homo I must either fawn or be jealous if such an A-Gay.

by Anonymousreply 143December 1, 2019 2:48 AM

*could become President.

by Anonymousreply 144December 1, 2019 2:49 AM

He's the smartest guy in a room full of dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 145December 1, 2019 2:49 AM

r143, those are false equivalencies.

Keep up with the smart gays.

by Anonymousreply 146December 1, 2019 7:18 AM

I have it on good authority that he hangs his toilet paper so that it rolls under, like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 1, 2019 10:10 AM

R147, LOL, I hate that, but I must admit that it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 148December 1, 2019 10:20 AM

He has a thick schlong

by Anonymousreply 149December 1, 2019 10:28 AM

R149, so what? I don't care if my POTUS doesn't have a schlong as long as he or she is qualified, obeys the law and supports/upholds the Constitution. I LOVE a thick dick as much as any bi or gay man, but too many of us are overly obsessed with dick!

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2019 10:45 AM

[quote]but too many of us are overly obsessed with dick!

You're right; the hole is way more important. So with that in mind, does he have a coin slot, or what?

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2019 11:28 AM

R151 thanks for making me laugh!

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2019 11:41 AM

R18 - Truth!

by Anonymousreply 153December 1, 2019 11:46 AM

You know the most humanising thing about him? He can play three different instruments, but he can't sing for shit! I don't know why I found that so satisfying when I first heard it.

by Anonymousreply 154December 1, 2019 11:53 AM

R147 - No. Just no. Nope. I said NO! 🚫 That is disturbing to learn about Mayor Pete.

But I agree with R148. It doesn’t matter. What’s important is that he wipes well.

by Anonymousreply 155December 1, 2019 11:53 AM

R155 what's disturbing about learning Pete hangs his TP the "wrong way"? Doesn't matter if his butt is dirty. He's not qualified to be POTUS. That's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 156December 1, 2019 12:04 PM

But does he drain his pasta?

by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2019 12:07 PM

[quote]Doesn't matter if his butt is dirty.

That might not be quite as true as you think.

by Anonymousreply 158December 1, 2019 12:07 PM

R158, with respectful sarcasm, might J. Edgar's ghost black Pete if he has a dirty brown hole? You know even many women have brown holes. Boutiques are popular in the USA to get holes bleached tan or pink.

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2019 12:21 PM

^blackmail, sorry

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2019 12:21 PM

R156 - You figure it out caveman.

But what is certainly more disturbing, is your twisting of toilet paper etiquette, into a dig about Pete’s qualifications.

Go fuck yourself Mary, and wipe yourself away.

by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2019 12:34 PM

I love this thread. It is evident we have made him and accepted him as one of our our own. Whether that humanizes him is debatable.

by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2019 12:43 PM

“Humanise?” Ok guv, pip pip! Eh what?

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2019 12:51 PM

I think anyone with Peter and Butt in his name should get whatever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2019 2:12 PM

R164 you have a point, but NOT POTUS. Not just No! but HELL NO!

by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2019 2:18 PM

Not even the PTA, R165?

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2019 2:24 PM

he seems pretty human to me

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2019 2:24 PM

R165 - State your reasons. You cannot just drop a bomb, and think you’ve made your point.

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2019 2:56 PM

He cried when kids flushed his eraser down the toilet in 4th grade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2019 2:59 PM

r169 That person is an awful and bitter former classmate. She bitched on Twitter back in 2013 that she can't believe someone with a "butt" in his name is now her mayor. Some bullies never grow up.

But more awful than her are the Bernie Bros who are using her words as evidence that their initial perception of Pete was correct. Because his former tormentor said he cried and was an overachiever back in 4th grade. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2019 3:25 PM

Fun fact: Pete is never going to be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2019 3:28 PM

I have come to adore Mayor Pete; he's centered and articulate and warm, much like Bill Clinton was. It won't happen this year, I guess (though he's the only Democrat candidate I would vote for) but I could so see him winning in 2024. When there will be a cultural shift again.

by Anonymousreply 172December 1, 2019 3:29 PM

r171 Thank you for your input, Kassandra, but we'll have to see your track record with prophecies first. 💅

by Anonymousreply 173December 1, 2019 3:30 PM

R169, the asshole is her Shes pushing 40 yet writes like she's still in high school.

by Anonymousreply 174December 1, 2019 3:31 PM

R166 I've stated many times in this forum and others that Mayor Pete needs to be in private industry. After watching his campaign speeches & media appearances on YT, I'll never accept that he truly has compassion for the American people, U.S. society and will support and defend the U.S. Constitution. I wish I had his C.V.

by Anonymousreply 175December 1, 2019 3:33 PM

r175 Have you served or been elected to public office, after leaving a better-paying job at a consulting firm? Because as of this moment, he seems to have more compassion for the American people than you do.

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2019 3:35 PM

And what's with this "defend the US constitution" crap? We have the courts to do that and they've been defending it just fine up to this point. Unless you're implying that because of Trump, all future presidents - Dem or Republican - will now assail it?

by Anonymousreply 177December 1, 2019 3:37 PM

I think he's making a mistake humanizing. It was better when he seemed nice, bland and intelligent and let people project on him what they need to. A bit like the British Monarchy - well, the Queen anyway. He put it out there so I am just going to go with it: I find the passage about him and Chasten that gets posted here flat out creepy. It was all so rushed. His experience with living life seems so limited. Which is find. But what does it say about your personality? I'd like to be wrong. Has anybody read the whole book? The other thing I don't like is they seem starstruck. It's off brand. I think he's super smart and logical and has a clear, moderate view that would be successful in the eyes of a majority in the country. But increasingly I think the humanizing campaign is a problem. Which sounds crazy but that's my reaction to what's going on. He's a cold, calculating, uptight guy... that's ok... but don't try to play against type.

by Anonymousreply 178December 1, 2019 3:40 PM

[quote]His experience with living life seems so limited.

His experience with living GAY life as you understand it seems limited. Some of us are just not into playing around but are one-and-done. I don't understand how this is so offensive to some. It's as if we're threatening your entire belief system of what a gay man's life should look like. You do you and let the rest of us do the same.

[quote]He's a cold, calculating, uptight guy... that's ok... but don't try to play against type.

That's your perception; I don't get that from him [italic]at all.[/italic] Cold people don't tend to pet dogs whenever they see them, and he has a long history of randomly doing that. Not to mention adopting shelter dogs, as opposed to shopping purebreds like some other candidates...

by Anonymousreply 179December 1, 2019 3:48 PM

I find this desire for the president to be super warm and compassionate rather baffling and, quite frankly, infantile. The president is there to represent the American people on the global stage and enact the party platform he ran on. That's literally it. If you want to be comforted, get yourself a romantic partner and/or some friends, go to church, call your parents...

Is FDR remembered for being compassionate, or for getting shit done?

by Anonymousreply 180December 1, 2019 4:00 PM

Mayor Pete pets dogs! Now THAT'S what I'm looking for in a President. All of Pete's Patrick Bateman-esque vibes just melt away!

Did Mayor Pete even see combat overseas? Did he have to kill anyone? If he did, that'd probably be the most interesting thing about him, and thus he'd gain some of my respect.

by Anonymousreply 181December 1, 2019 4:03 PM

R173 You mean the one where I'm always right and no one believes me?

by Anonymousreply 182December 1, 2019 4:04 PM

Woah, woah, woah R179... dial it down. Are you confident or did my comment puncture a fantasy?

I'm far closer to you on the scale of gay experience than the other end but as I said, from what little I've read, his gay experience seems rushed and that seems odd to me, yes. It would if he was straight. Sorry to disturb.

by Anonymousreply 183December 1, 2019 4:20 PM

An even more fun fact: If you gave R171 an enema, you could bury him, her, it, in a matchbox.

by Anonymousreply 184December 1, 2019 6:10 PM

R184 Grease fire, party of one?

by Anonymousreply 185December 1, 2019 6:20 PM

Same scenario now applies to R181 as it does to R171:

R181 - “ Did Mayor Pete even see combat overseas? Did he have to kill anyone? If he did, that'd probably be the most interesting thing about him, and thus he'd gain some of my respect.”

Are you completely oblivious to his YouTube and media coverage on his service in Afghanistan?

And, AND, tell us; you really equate his killing of someone as a criteria for earning your respect? You are some fucking piece of work. Die now, please.

If you gave R181 an enema, you could bury him, her, it, in a matchbox.

by Anonymousreply 186December 1, 2019 6:22 PM

R186 Geezus, snowflake, leave some oxygen in the room for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 187December 1, 2019 6:25 PM

R171 aka R185 - Please don’t cry for me. Instead, re-read my post every waking moment of your misinformed, low information life.

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2019 6:30 PM

Well smell R187, the oxygen monitor.

You must be a joy to live with. Just skip over my post Mary. Not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2019 6:33 PM

He's already the most relatable of all the candidates.

by Anonymousreply 190December 1, 2019 6:33 PM

R188 Are you gonna cry now? You gonna cry?

R189 Not to worry dear fragile one - blocking you now.

by Anonymousreply 191December 1, 2019 6:35 PM

Chill your tits girls. This is just for fun to pass some time. Not a serious discussion.

by Anonymousreply 192December 1, 2019 6:51 PM

Based on the histrionics, apparently Pete is the new Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 1, 2019 7:18 PM

R193 To the extent that he won't win either, yes.

by Anonymousreply 194December 1, 2019 7:34 PM

R177, obviously you're not familiar with the U.S. Constitution and the requirements for being President of the USA. Before every President-Elect is sworn into office by the Chief Justice of the USA, he or she must take the following oath:

"I do solemnly swear that I shall faithfully execute the office of President of the United States and that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

R176, I intended to seek and serve in public office. I also intended to work for government. My university minor was Political Science. I wore out a new pair of Bass Weejuns doing volunteer work for social causes, about which I've only talked in detail confidentially. I was broadcast on television news without my permission for those and political causes, which caused to be outed on my corporate job.

by Anonymousreply 195December 1, 2019 7:43 PM

Actually R194 I more meant his gallant defenders.

by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2019 8:11 PM

makes you think

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 1, 2019 8:34 PM

He is a boring man. There's nothing wrong with that, but he's not qualified for the White House.

by Anonymousreply 198December 1, 2019 9:05 PM

Also, he's short. And yes, that matters, do the research.

by Anonymousreply 199December 1, 2019 9:10 PM

R199 a former friend complained to me about a man he claimed had a Napoleon complex. Never heard that so I researched it and Napoleon Bonaparte. Morphology was part of my former career. Turns out Napoleon was of average height for his day; he was not short! I have a thing for tall men. Turns out one of the hottest fucks I've had was with a short, very thin man. My life changed for the better when I decided I had to open and broaden my mind. (No jokes, please).

R195/R198

by Anonymousreply 200December 1, 2019 9:50 PM

R198, he's actually very interesting. But I can see how stupid people would think he's boring.

by Anonymousreply 201December 1, 2019 10:25 PM

R201 I'm not interested if he's boring. My only interest is if he's qualified for the Oval Office, which he's not. No doubt about that. A mayor for an awful midwest town (and I know South Bend personally) is not qualified to be President. Please don't mention other candidates, as that's not a valid argument.

by Anonymousreply 202December 1, 2019 10:59 PM

WTF r147? Now I can't vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 203December 1, 2019 11:07 PM

Half of Pete's Christmas lights didn't work when he took them out of their boxes this year, even after he was so careful packing them up last year.

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2019 11:08 PM

He personally has the least amount of money of all the candidates. I think he's worth 100K. IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 205December 2, 2019 12:10 AM

Really? What’s so interesting about him?

by Anonymousreply 206December 2, 2019 12:41 AM

I find Pete interesting that he comes across as so ordinary despite having an extraordinary resume.

by Anonymousreply 207December 2, 2019 12:47 AM

You know who else takes an oath to defend the constitution? Those in the military, so Pete has already taken an oath to defend the constitution and has actually done so, by serving in the military.

by Anonymousreply 208December 2, 2019 1:23 AM

R208, that's specious/doesn't apply. Military men in combat don't make great Presidents. That has nothing to do with my opinion. I've seen his campaign speeches/media appearances. He's not the real deal and he's not a real Democrat. The only way I'll vote for him is if he's the Dem nominee, which probably won't happen. He'll never get 270 electoral votes. Americans won't vote for him. I know my state won't.

by Anonymousreply 209December 2, 2019 1:34 AM

Instead of humanizing him, let's elect him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 2, 2019 2:01 AM

I don't believe for one minute that Donald Trump can't spell hamburger.

by Anonymousreply 211December 2, 2019 3:05 AM

Zuckerberg's Trojan Horse

by Anonymousreply 212December 2, 2019 3:07 AM

R271, “hamberder.”

I can’t imagine anybody with Trump’s ego pretending he can’t spell, can you? It could be the dementia kicking in. Maybe he’s forgetting how to spell.

by Anonymousreply 213December 2, 2019 3:13 AM

What’s so extraordinary about his resume?

Please don’t say he’s a vet and a scholar. Lots of people are very smart and lots of people have served our country. Language and piano are just extracurricular padding.

by Anonymousreply 214December 2, 2019 3:15 AM

Sorry, that was for R211. ^^

“Hamberder” isn’t the only really weird spelling he’s done over the few months either. How he does that with spell check I don’t know, so maybe he doesn’t use it.

by Anonymousreply 215December 2, 2019 3:15 AM

R214, when he was elected in South Bend the city just had no money. There was a large number of vacant houses that had been abandoned for decades, and they were completely falling apart. He campaigned on the idea of tearing them down or having the owners repair them, and he did meet his goal.

I think the real remarkable thing about him was that residents had been leaving SB for years, to get out of there and get a decent job somewhere else because there was just nothing there. People were leaving there right out of high school or college and never coming back. That has to be decades of brain drain.

He had left and he came back. He didn’t have to do that. He got away.

There was such inertia there. The whole situation was looked upon as intractable and unfixable. He didn’t let people’s resignation stop him from looking for solutions. He was dealing with a lot of unmotivated people and investors from out of town, that were just letting their investments fall to pieces. They didn’t live there so they didn’t care about neighborhood blight.

There’s a couple things there that impress me: one, that he was actually able to make some change in a place mired in despair. That he was able to raise the money to do that. That town has been going downhill since 1963. They needed someone to come in there with ambition and get the ball rolling. He did that. Of course he couldn’t fix every single problem there. No one else even tried.

Trump is leaving a big mess behind. We need someone that can come up with solutions on a shoestring. That’s why Bernie and Warren don’t impress me. Anyone can fix problems by throwing tons of money at them. Anyone. But in real life, they’re not getting it through Congress. A guy that can solve problems on a shoestring actually has some hope of making meaningful change.

by Anonymousreply 216December 2, 2019 3:27 AM

The idiot who said "he's not a real Democrat" likely supports a non-Democrat in the race, Comrade Sanders. Fuck you and every single Bernie Bro out there. You are the reason I will never vote for Sanders even if he's on the general election ticket. I don't feel that way about anyone else but Tulsi (the other non-Democrat).

Pete is to the left of Obama, Hillary and many others. He's always been a Dem. Sanders is a socialist and should probably start his own Workers of America party.

by Anonymousreply 217December 2, 2019 3:32 AM

If you stans have to spam and humanize your candidate means that he's just not a good candidate. People that really look into this race past the manufacturing consent of the media and the cheer leading on this forum know that Pete is not a good candidate. There are better choices.

by Anonymousreply 218December 2, 2019 3:48 AM

R217, as with most people, you don't know the definition of "socialist" and "socialism". No, I do not support Senator Sanders for POTUS because he's not presidential material. You're just an ass who doesn't want to pay taxes like 99% of Americans. Oh,, I was an Economics major and a university professor's assistant in Economics. One of the first things you must do is research the definitions of "balance of payments" and "progressive taxation". Even my father, who was a miser and hated taxation, understood that he and everyone had to pay their fair share for our country to survive and prosper.

R216, you wrote an excellent essay. I know South Bend personally. The problem with Mayor Pete is that he believes in The Third Way. Nobody sells souls to artificially rejuvenate anything.

R195

by Anonymousreply 219December 2, 2019 4:31 AM

Why you work so hard r218?

by Anonymousreply 220December 2, 2019 4:57 AM

Pete is not boring, he is humble and an introvert. If you want to see someone out of their lane trying to mug for attention, all you have to do is watch Corey Booker.

by Anonymousreply 221December 2, 2019 4:59 AM

Eight years as VP will set him up nicely for a run in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 222December 2, 2019 1:15 PM

R222 Don't patronize him bitch. I'll cut you.

by Anonymousreply 223December 3, 2019 10:46 PM

I think he should be the VP candidate. Yep.

by Anonymousreply 224December 4, 2019 12:09 AM

President Pete could offer Kamala a job in his secretarial pool.

Would show he cares deeply for the Blacks,

by Anonymousreply 225December 4, 2019 9:33 AM

Pete owes the hetero oppressor class nothing.

by Anonymousreply 226December 4, 2019 10:48 AM

Human? He's a humorless arrogant asshole about to end his presidential run. Sketchy as hell and a bit unstable. Even the gays don't want him anymore. Bye Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 7, 2019 8:09 PM

r227 is the one person who uses DL's search function!

How triggered must you be to post this clearly cherrypicked clip with no context on every thread containing "Pete?"

by Anonymousreply 228December 7, 2019 8:12 PM

Pete who?

by Anonymousreply 229December 7, 2019 8:15 PM

Piano, guitar, double bass, and... harmonica.

Human enough?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 7, 2019 8:24 PM

Let's humanize Nixon and Joe McCarthy, too, while we're at it.

by Anonymousreply 231December 7, 2019 8:24 PM

Helen Reddy actually surprised me by saying that time would reveal information that vindicated Richard Nixon. This was in her autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 232December 7, 2019 8:29 PM

[quote] Sanders is a socialist and should probably start his own Workers of America party.

They used to call FDR a Socialist, too, and I believe Truman and Dean Acheson were called Commie sympathizers. The question is, what kind of Democrat are you, and what kind is Pete? Every civilized nation on earth has some kind of single-payer health care, millions in the USA have no health care, thousands are living in their cars and in tent cities, many corporations including Amazon pay zero federal taxes, six corporations own all the news and entertainment outlets, union busting is rampant, but hey that's not the concern of the Democratic party, right? Well, it's not the concern of the Republican party. So whose concern is it? It's certainly not Pete's concern and that's why I'm voting for Bernie Sanders. Among many other good reasons. Not an Indiana mayor who was elected with less than 9,000 votes.

by Anonymousreply 233December 7, 2019 8:33 PM

Bravo R233. Me too.

by Anonymousreply 234December 7, 2019 8:36 PM

“Everybody does it” is no defense of anything, R233. There is not a single crouton of truth to that word salad of yours and not a single thing there that was not put there by mass media brainwashing.

by Anonymousreply 235December 7, 2019 8:37 PM

This stuff drives me crazy....WHY CAN'T HE BE MORE, YOU KNOW, NORMAL??? Because he's incredibly smart, you idiots. And we certainly don't want another smart man in the White House, do we? Not when we can have four more years of a deranged imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 236December 7, 2019 9:03 PM

A vote for any candidate other than Pete Buttigieg is a vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 237December 7, 2019 10:56 PM

^ Insane maniac. And a terrible liar.

by Anonymousreply 238December 7, 2019 11:08 PM

R236, WE’RE TRYING TO GET THE DAMN MAN ELECTED. IT’S BAD ENOUGH HE’S GAY. THE ELITIST BULLSHIT IS ALIENATING AND WON’T FLY WITH MIDDLE AMERICA. THEY ARE DISTRUSTFUL.

HE. NEEDS. RELATABLITY.

by Anonymousreply 239December 8, 2019 2:03 AM

What elitist bullshit you unhinged idiot? He's the poorest candidate. Elizabeth Warren is a fucking Harvard professor schoolmarm who made lots of money (which of course she refuses to disclose the tax returns) from her time as a corporate attorney representing the likes of McKinsey.

by Anonymousreply 240December 8, 2019 2:48 AM

If Pete is an elitist, then I'm the Queen of Sheba.

by Anonymousreply 241December 8, 2019 3:19 AM

R1, eating french fries with mayo is common in much of Europe. R233, I was in a thread here about politics and many users commented that FDR was a socialist. He most certainly was not. Most people don't know the definition of socialist or socialism. Senator Bernie Sanders, who identified in the Senate as an Independent, is not a socialist.

FDR and his wife were from privileged families and lived privileged lives. They spent more on entertainment and sundries yearly than the Trumans' annual income. FDR was not a socialist. He buttered the bread on both sides, more heavily on the "other side". He laid the foundations for The Pentagon and CIA. Under FDR, the DoD was known as the War Department. Would people tolerate that today?

Most people don't true history because American schools don't teach it. I'm not alleging that they're dishonest. Primary and secondary schools are underfunded and just spend a few minutes on major dates and events; that's all. My university concentrations were Economics, Political Science and History. I was a university professor's assistant in Economics. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but merely show I'm qualified to comment on topics discussed in this thread and others similar. Have a great Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 242December 8, 2019 4:14 AM

Oh, puuuuhleeze don’t give me that poorest candidate bullshit. Poorest by choice. Could have made a bundle if he continued down other avenues. Also went to Harvard.

He’s also only 37. They’re decades ahead of him as far as acquiring money goes.

by Anonymousreply 243December 8, 2019 5:34 AM

[quote]Could have made a bundle if he continued down a path of graft and corruption like all the others.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 244December 8, 2019 5:35 AM

R243, Pete is not poor. R244, I've already posted on this forum that comparing him to other candidates is specious. He may be "only" 37, but he looks awful. I won't reveal my age, but he looks as old or older than me. That says something about a person besides genetics. What's he going to look like in the future under the high stress of American politics and can his body handle them? The bottom line is he's not qualified to be POTUS. Since this is basically a gay site, it has an unhealthy obsession with Pete Buttigieg.

by Anonymousreply 245December 8, 2019 5:43 AM

He saved the life of an ostrich once. Don't ask about the details.

by Anonymousreply 246December 8, 2019 5:44 AM

He's mildly relatable but needs to drop all the church talk. He takes God's name in vain by constantly invoking God for his own gain. He's cute enough, though, as Alfred E Newman.

by Anonymousreply 247December 8, 2019 5:48 AM

R246, I have the utmost compassion for animals and would love the opportunity to save an ostrich. I'm first to exclaim that, a university education, a corporate career and being born in the USA don't make me qualified to be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 248December 8, 2019 5:48 AM

So does every candidate who projects their political beliefs onto Jesus in order to justify taking more and more of your money and/or civil liberties.

by Anonymousreply 249December 8, 2019 5:53 AM

r245 best chance for the gay choice. Perfect tooo. gay, white, masc, and military. Only thing missing is his muscles and shirtless IG photos showing ass & biceps !

by Anonymousreply 250December 8, 2019 6:12 AM

Masc? He's no Liberace, but he's not exactly Mr. T either.

by Anonymousreply 251December 8, 2019 6:15 AM

R250, Pete is not masculine. So what he may be the best chance for the gay choice? Have you heard of something called altruism? The Democratic candidate has to be the best chance for Americans and the U.S. Constitution, not the best chance for the gay choice!

by Anonymousreply 252December 8, 2019 6:27 AM

Exactly, R244. Apparently being an elitist now means not going down a corporate path for very long even though you're capable. Not chasing money is elitist. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 253December 8, 2019 6:34 AM

[quote]Oh, puuuuhleeze don’t give me that poorest candidate bullshit.

Yes, we don't want to cloud your mind with facts.

by Anonymousreply 254December 8, 2019 6:35 AM

R253, R254 I'm only interested in facts and I'm attacked and crucified regularly. I was warned to expect that. I'm still here while those around me are alcohol abusers, prescription drug and illicit drug abusers. In the White House we have a criminal again when another criminal resigned in 1974 and escaped prosecution when a man who was never elected VP took over and pardoned him. American corporations are free to violate our privacy and our rights. Americans are more self-centered than they've ever been, while alcohol and illicit drug abuse are at a record high. I don't touch either. And I'm called crazy? Keep dreaming and making excuses! And no, I do not support Senator Bernie Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 255December 8, 2019 7:05 AM

Well, he may not actually be an elitist, but IMHO his optics suggest that to the lower middle class. I mean, he has to appeal to the Walmart mafia.

Military service is barely enough. He had a fricking Chasten party in NYC last year, hope he celebrates somewhere low key this year.

by Anonymousreply 256December 8, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] I mean, he has to appeal to the Walmart mafia

He’ll make them an offer they can’t refuse, then mark it down by 50%.

by Anonymousreply 257December 8, 2019 3:16 PM

I like the guy.

by Anonymousreply 258December 8, 2019 3:23 PM

I hate the guy. Smug conservative, loves Chick Fil A and the Salvation Army. No, thank you. We deserve a lot better

by Anonymousreply 259December 9, 2019 2:19 PM

He kind of looks like Brandon Tartikoff.

by Anonymousreply 260December 10, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote]I'm only interested in facts

And yet, somehow, you don't actually post any. Funny how that works.

by Anonymousreply 261December 10, 2019 2:33 AM

He loves Chick-Fil-A. He's an iconoclast!

by Anonymousreply 262December 10, 2019 2:38 AM

He played Theseus, Duke of Athens once. Never read/saw A Midsummer Night's Dream myself, though I'm sure that means something to the countless theatre queens here.

by Anonymousreply 263December 10, 2019 7:48 PM

Bish finally loses it, snaps at reporters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 10, 2019 8:01 PM

He didn't snap, he gave a shorter answer after getting asked the same question over and over again at the same press gaggle. Of course, only this answer is getting played now. And honestly, good for him. Love seeing Big Dick Energy from him now and then.

by Anonymousreply 265December 10, 2019 8:04 PM

r265 source?

by Anonymousreply 266December 10, 2019 8:11 PM

R265, I was just on another thread about Big Dick Face. There's no such thing. Also no such thing as Big Dick Energy.

by Anonymousreply 267December 10, 2019 8:17 PM

I wonder if Pete gives good blowjobs?

by Anonymousreply 268December 10, 2019 8:21 PM

R268, I don't care and don't want to know.

by Anonymousreply 269December 10, 2019 8:26 PM

So good he could inflate a whole car tire with them, R268.

by Anonymousreply 270December 10, 2019 8:26 PM

He is very thoughtful and articulate therefore he is capable of empathy, growth and of communicating with others. He appeals to men and women. He may not be the candidate this time but his learning arc will get him there and the country will be better for it. I find him a breath of fresh air. We do not need a polarizing extremist choice but rather a candidate that all Americans can support. Go Pete!

by Anonymousreply 271December 10, 2019 8:39 PM

[quote]Piano, guitar, double bass, and... harmonica.

Also the didgeridoo, although I don't think that's been captured on camera or film yet. He taught himself circular breathing just for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 12, 2019 1:05 PM

[quote] Bravo [R233]. Me too.

Thanks. Alright, brother!

by Anonymousreply 273December 14, 2019 8:07 PM

Lol at the Sandernista bumping this thread after Corbyn's wipeout. Good for you for keeping the dream alive! I would just gently remind you that this thread isn't about Bernie, though you lot do seem to enjoy turning every thread into a thread about him.

by Anonymousreply 274December 14, 2019 9:27 PM

[quote]Not an Indiana mayor who was elected with less than 9,000 votes.

He got more votes during his run for state treasurer as a complete unknown in 2010 (bad year for Dems) in a RED state than Bernie won in his last two senate elections in Vermont. Perspective is a nice thing to have.

by Anonymousreply 275December 14, 2019 9:32 PM

At least he’s not fat, then everybody here would hate him.

by Anonymousreply 276December 14, 2019 9:36 PM

No r10, he’s the female Hillary! little boy Pete will not be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 277December 14, 2019 9:38 PM

[quote] Lol at the Sandernista bumping this thread after Corbyn's wipeout. Good for you for keeping the dream alive! I would just gently remind you that this thread isn't about Bernie, though you lot do seem to enjoy turning every thread into a thread about him.

What post are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 278December 15, 2019 3:08 AM

Of the four most famous Chrises, he'd fuck Chris Pratt.

Human enough yet?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279December 21, 2019 3:43 AM

Isn’t Chris Pratt too tall?

by Anonymousreply 280December 22, 2019 1:51 AM

There's no such thing as too tall to take a dick up your ass.

by Anonymousreply 281December 22, 2019 2:21 AM

Field of Dreams star, Kevin Costner, to formally endorse Pete Buttigieg in Iowa, the setting for the movie.

[quote] The "Field of Dreams" star will appear alongside the Democratic South Bend, Indiana mayor on Sunday, Dec. 22.

[quote] The actor will introduce and endorse Buttigieg before the candidate's town hall at Indianola High School at 12:30 p.m.

[quote]It's not the Academy Award-winning actor's first time speaking about politics. In 2008, Costner supported Barack Obama and has criticized President Donald Trump in recent interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 22, 2019 2:40 AM

He's been in more caves that Fred Flintstone.

by Anonymousreply 283December 22, 2019 1:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!