Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHEW, HUNTYS! Prince Andrew Is Being WIPED Off Of The Map!

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 9, 2019 11:33 AM

Dang! Those royals really eat their own.l

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2019 1:26 PM

The link is just a picture.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Richly deserved. Bye, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2019 1:28 PM

wonder if he will off himself....or.....get epsteined

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2019 1:32 PM

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2019 1:55 PM

So does this means BRF acknowledged that he’s guilty?

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2019 2:02 PM

He would never acknowledge guilt. But he is going into royal hiding until he can be rehabilitated.

Expect to see him officially only when someone dies.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2019 2:05 PM

MMPH... Betty, has thrown him and his belongings onto the streets. "This place ain't big enough for the both of us," she tells him...

Prince Charles has banished him forever. He told him that he can never come back...

Sponsors and other organizations are dropping him left and right...

Even Prince William has told him; "I never really liked you much myself."

What is a 59 year old, white single male, supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2019 2:08 PM

Stink link.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2019 2:16 PM

Prince Andrew’s ‘Entire Public Existence Has Been Wiped Out,’ Says Royal Historian Robert Lacey--The embattled royal's departure from official life has been swift and "ruthless," Lacey tells PEOPLE

The fallout from Prince Andrew’s disastrous interview about his friendship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has seen his official royal role collapse to almost nothing in 10 days.

Just days after Andrew, 59, announced he was “stepping away” from public duties for the “foreseeable future” on Nov. 20, it now seems only a matter of time before it is confirmed that he will not continue with anything official ever. “His entire public existence has been wiped out by his own behavior,” royal historian Robert Lacey, author of The Crown: The Official Companion Vol. II, says in this week’s issue of PEOPLE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2019 2:31 PM

Damn. His mommy canceled his birthday party. He’s in BIG trouble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2019 2:38 PM

I'm up on Epstein but don't know much about the Royals. Are we to believe that they were unaware of Prince Andrew's tastes and proclivities? Wasn't it pretty much public knowledge? Did Fergie know? Da Queen? Who killed Epstein? Andrew looks very much like a degenerate. Is his banishment just PR for the Royals or is there some actual shock and outrage about it???

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2019 2:52 PM

This is how the Windsors always behave when their backs are to the wall: with cold ruthlessness. Whether it's changing their family name, banishing an abdicated king, or letting their cousins be butchered in a Russian basement, preserving The Firm is always priority number 1. It's not just the previous generations, either. They were relentless about sinking Diana and Fergie in the 90s. Only Diana's death saved her sainthood. Otherwise, today she wouldn't be much better off than her ex-sister-in-law.

The Sussexes really should take note. The Palace has a lot of patience, but once it's gone, you're toast.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2019 3:04 PM

What exactly did Andrew do? I've been in trial for ten days and missed out. I'm too lazy to try to search it on Google. Condensed version, please.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2019 3:08 PM

He wore a clip on bowtie Rose.

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2019 3:15 PM

Wow. Is he going to get shunted off to the colonies or to France like the Nazi King?

His interview was awful. I don’t cringe easily, but MY GOD, what a debacle. The fact that CHARLES has the moral high ground is an indication of how fucked Andrew will be.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2019 3:53 PM

I rather suspect that the birthday party canceled itself.

When 200 of the people who were invited suddenly send their regrets, it’s more face saving to just call the whole thing off.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2019 4:03 PM

Piers on Good Morning Britain asks if he should be stripped of his title....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2019 4:07 PM

He's still worth tens of millions of pounds, so it's not like he's going to become poor. From what I've read about the guy he has always set great store in his Royal position and has abused it, and those around him, his whole life. If I didn't know better I'd think he was raised by Princess Margaret. She was also someone who thought everyone around her should genuflect at the very mention of her name.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2019 4:10 PM

Haha, OP's post got munged. I'm sure it would have been full of witticisms such as "hunty" so society as a whole has lost! 😥

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2019 4:14 PM

Is it too late for a 60-year-old chubby chub to go into pr0n? A royal pr0n would be phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2019 4:26 PM

What KIND of mother is she to abandon her child during its time of distress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2019 4:33 PM

Is Tiffany of trump still available...I meant single?

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2019 4:40 PM

And, what shall become of our precious Bea and our beautiful Eugenie? What shall happen to them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]This is how the Windsors always behave when their backs are to the wall: with cold ruthlessness. Whether it's changing their family name, banishing an abdicated king, or letting their cousins be butchered in a Russian basement

Wow... that last one was below the belt, don't you think? Was that really necessary?

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2019 5:09 PM

It’s true: Nicholas (whose wife was Queen Victoria’s granddaughter) asked for asylum after stepping down, and was refused.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2019 5:23 PM

his hole is said to be an std ridden mess of puss.....

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2019 5:25 PM

Indeed, R26. Nicky and Georgie were close friends who bore a striking resemblance to each other, but when it came down to saving his cousin by risking his throne or playing safe and letting the chips fall, the King didn't hesitate.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2019 6:12 PM

I wonder if there were whispers about his attraction of teens and this finally came out to confirm...

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote]Nicky and Georgie were close friends who bore a striking resemblance to each other, but when it came down to saving his cousin by risking his throne or playing safe and letting the chips fall, the King didn't hesitate.

♫And rich relations

May give you

A crust of bread and such

Tell you to help yourself

But don't take too much

Mama may have

And your papa may have

But God bless' the child

That's got his own♫

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2019 7:13 PM

[quote]I wonder if there were whispers about his attraction of teens and this finally came out to confirm...

Of course not. How is Andrew's attractions that much different than many of the DL'ers here who lust after the teenage boys? You want YOUTH! You want ENERGY! You want FRESHNESS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2019 7:19 PM

R25 - "This is how the Windsors always behave when their backs are to the wall: with cold ruthlessness. Whether it's changing their family name, banishing an abdicated king, or letting their cousins be butchered in a Russian basement."y

Or throwing out a petulant princess with NPD who washed the family's dirty linen in public and blamed it all on someone else, forgetting the marriage she wrecked, her manipulations of the press, and screaming at her new husband 24/7 for not making her feel like a Barbara Cartland heroine . . .

The "abdicated King" was a fascist sympathiser who sent back sensitive state papers stained with rings from the bottom of cocktail glasses, whose wife lifted him from his then-lover when said lover was away . . .

They know what they're doing. Survival of the institution is the first order of business, and that rests on the good will of the People.

Andrew deserves to be thrown out; he thought the family name would protect him forever. Ditto Harry and Meghan.

Prairie justice, as the Cousins call it, has a time and place.

If there ever were one, it was with the petuland Edward VIII who abidcated to marry a twice-divorced brittle social climber, and with Prince Andrew, who has gotten away for years with being an arrogant, stupid, feckless, amoral prick.

The Romanovs are a longer story, but in that matter, you forget that the British government had a hand in it. The royals are not free to act on their own in geopolitical issues.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2019 7:21 PM

^Tea, darling. Tea. Have a cup of tea and calm your nerves.

There will always be the "haves" and the "nave nots." We have and you have not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2019 7:30 PM

^* What is a "nave" not?

Very truly yrs. R32

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2019 7:47 PM

Don't "darling" me, Wallis.

Where are those bloody emeralds?

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2019 7:48 PM

When is he expected to have a car accident?

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2019 8:32 PM

Trump is more welcome than Andy is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2019 8:40 PM

The Andrew debacle presents the BRF with an interseting dilemma: let us say that the Quen and Charles go for the jugular with Andrew and force him to surrender his place in the line of succession (but not his daughters' places, of course). Then Harry up and announces that he and Meghan are blowing this clambake, and to show how Woke they are, are also renouncing their titles and Harry's place in the line of succession for him and his descendants.

Those 3 empty places (Andrew, Harry, and Archie) suddenly bump Bea and Eugenie up to 6th and 7th - close enough to be considered to fill the gap left by the Sussexes - if it weren't for the fact that they owe their new positions in part to their father's sins.

I would bet anything this possibility has been bandied about behind closed doors at Clarence and Buck Houses.

by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2019 9:01 PM

^*interesting, and

Queen and Charles

by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2019 9:02 PM

NO BIRTHDAY PARTY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2019 9:07 PM

R38, per article sounds like you are quite correct. Some snippets:

"Over the weekend, it emerged that Prince William had also reportedly been part of the top-level discussions in Andrew stepping down."

“William is becoming more and more involved in decisions about the institution [monarchy], and he’s not a huge fan of his uncle Andrew.”

"Charles, who is said to have advised his mother last week that Andrew had to step down from official duties to protect the monarchy, has reportedly long wanted a streamlined royal family..."

"Vanity Fair has been told that Eugenie is concerned that the negative coverage surrounding her father might impact her own work. She has reportedly postponed a podcast with her charity..."

"Vanity Fair also revealed last week that Princess Beatrice’s wedding plans are now up in the air as a result of the scandal."

"While it seems Charles has a strategy for Andrew, it is not known how his vision for a streamlined monarchy will work."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 26, 2019 9:13 PM

Well, at least he's getting his comeuppance while he's alive. Some perverts (like Jimmy Savile, a British "national treasure") aren't exposed for what they are until they're safely six feet under.

by Anonymousreply 42November 26, 2019 9:15 PM

Damn you'd think he was a child molester or something.

by Anonymousreply 43November 26, 2019 9:17 PM

Beatrice!!

by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2019 9:42 PM

It's got to sting that Harry was part of none of the conversations. It underscores his irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2019 10:04 PM

R45 - Hence the Sussexes whinging that "no one checked in on us during this crisis".

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2019 10:09 PM

Maybe.

Apparently they are taking a "leave of absence" to spend the holidays with Meghan's family. Considering our own threads here on toxic families/holidays, sounds like they couldn't have planned a better year to get the hell out of town!

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2019 10:16 PM

Interesting that Meghan Derangement Syndrome always finds a way to assert itself.

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2019 10:18 PM

I'd agree with you that that might be all there is to it if it hadn't been for their bizarre behaviour throughout the year, dropping the lawsuit bomb whilst on tour, and the documentary bomb whilst Kate and William were on tour, followed by several not terribly tactful stories leaked by Meghan's camp. I think they're out of town for the hols. because the rift in the family is so deep now, no one wants to be in the same room with them.

My guess is, this is the last Christmas with the Queen the Sussexes will have to worry about. They're probably measuring the drapes of a house in Malibu now.

Even if HM is raptured, they still have to cope with King Charles and the new, and extremely hostile and suddenly much richer William, Prince of Wales.

If they're smart, they'll leave.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2019 10:41 PM

William always comes in at the last minute to talk About how he helped make a decision. He tried this same fake announcement when Harry and Meghan moved form KP. BP has to correct the record and state that only the Queen and Prince of Wales are making those types of decisions.

William is a such a messy petty man. Dark days when he’s leading the country. At least Charles as some sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2019 10:54 PM

The trolls who hate Markle are still here trying to excuse Pedrew, Duke of Depravity.

by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2019 10:57 PM

"It's got to sting that Harry was part of none of the conversations. It underscores his irrelevance. "

Yeah, well, if Harry had bothered to keep a tight relationship with William, or if he'd ever succeeded in convincing anyone that his IQ approached 3 digits, he might have been part of the discussion instead of being the recipient of an object lesson.

Really, he couldn't do better than to take a trip to the states to quietly celebrate Thanksgiving with his American wife, as long as he avoids her paternal relatives. Get the hell out of Dodge, Princey boy.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2019 10:57 PM

'William is a such a messy petty man. Dark days when he’s leading the country. '

William strikes me as mean and bad tempered. You can see that he's jealous of Harry marrying while she was still in love, whereas Bill waited around for ten years hoping to meet someone he'd feel passionately about. He saw he was losing all his hair in his mid 20s, panicked and married his childhood sweetheart. who he'd stopped being in love with when he was about 21.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2019 10:59 PM

R50 - Hi, Kaiser! How's it going over there at CB?

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2019 11:01 PM

Does he get to keep the BP appointment servsnts or no? That’s a true test of the family’s feelings in my view. The Queen and Charles can’t legally strip him of his 100 year leases palace, but they can remove the staff and servants.

by Anonymousreply 55November 26, 2019 11:05 PM

I am so ready for Charles reign. I’ve warmed to the guy.

by Anonymousreply 56November 26, 2019 11:07 PM

Why not bump Eug and Bea up to 6th and 7th if Andrew bolts and Harry also bolts, taking his son with him? It's not like the Middle Ages where a spot of plague could wipe out 3 or 4 heirs at one go. Barring a truly bizarre series of events, the crown will still go from Charles, to William, to George. Bea and Eug will literally be seat fillers cutting some ribbons, nothing else. May as well let them do it, as they really seem to want to.

by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2019 11:25 PM

Naw, they they will have to pay them and their commoner and or Astro-trash husbands. Best to leave that branch of the family in obscurity until Christmas, a wedding or a funeral. Their father really screwed them over.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2019 11:30 PM

- 'Hi, Kaiser! How's it going over there at CB?'

R54 is that crazy bitch who's obsessed with the Celebitchy site and mentions it in every single poster. She is fixated on one of the moderators called Kaiser. Definitely a love match.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2019 11:40 PM

He didn't do anything that Slick Willy Clinton wouldn't do.

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2019 11:45 PM

Except Bill Clinton busted his ass to pull himself up out of poverty. Excelled in school, ran a state and then the largest economy for 8 years, ushering in the Internet age. So yeah, Bill deserved a hundred more blow jobs than he received. Andrew hasn’t done jack shit.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2019 11:49 PM

Bea and Eug might be in a good position to up their standing in the royal family, if either one had any brains, ambition, popular appeal, or work ethic.

I do feel kind of sorry for them as they've been tainted by their father's idiocy through no fault of their own, but the fact is that they seem to be utterly useless and fit for nothing but being spoiled housewives.

by Anonymousreply 62November 27, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote]Does he get to keep the BP appointment servsnts or no?

And, this is what I would like to know too. Whoever will be there now to shine his shoes? Draw his bath water and make sure that it is at the appropriate temperature? Who will fetch and pour his alcoholic beverages? Who will make his bed and make those midnight run to buy the ice cream delicacies?

by Anonymousreply 63November 27, 2019 12:05 AM

'Bea and Eug might be in a good position to up their standing in the royal family, if either one had any brains, ambition, popular appeal, or work ethic.'

Nope, they are pariahs too, tainted by this silver haired old bitch. He looks 73, not 59.

by Anonymousreply 64November 27, 2019 12:06 AM

'Except Bill Clinton busted his ass to pull himself up out of poverty. Excelled in school, ran a state and then the largest economy for 8 years, ushering in the Internet age. So yeah, Bill deserved a hundred more blow jobs than he received. Andrew hasn’t done jack shit.'

Yep. Clinton did more work in a week than the Duke of Depravity did in three years.

by Anonymousreply 65November 27, 2019 12:07 AM

This whole thing is utterly fascinating. Can't wait for The Crown Season 9.

by Anonymousreply 66November 27, 2019 12:26 AM

Harry shall always be my favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 27, 2019 12:45 AM

I LOVE HIM!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 27, 2019 12:45 AM

This thread has clearly attracted the low-iq crazies. Please stay here and don't pollute the other threads.

by Anonymousreply 69November 27, 2019 12:50 AM

[quote] MMPH... Betty, has thrown him and his belongings onto the streets.

No she hasn't. She was very happy to be seen horseback riding with Andrew two days ago in Windsor

by Anonymousreply 70November 27, 2019 12:52 AM

R57 Charles has reportedly long wanted a streamlined royal family following in the steps of the newly downsized Swedish monarchy. That means Bea and Eug aren't welcome on the balcony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 27, 2019 1:02 AM

Harry doesn't seem particularly well-endowed does he? Not at all like we've seen from Alpha Dick William.

by Anonymousreply 72November 27, 2019 1:08 AM

He needs to be forced to give up Royal Lodge on the Windsor estate since he's no longer "official". He doesn't deserve to have that residence at the bargain rent he's paying. He has a 75 year lease on the property, but if he gives up the lease he'll recoup £7 million of the money he (or more likely his mother) spent on upgrades to the house. He's paying roughly £250 a week in rent for Royal Lodge. He should move somewhere not connected to the Royal Family at all. He's rich enough to be able to afford to live anywhere, and his mother would probably buy him a home somewhere. He also owns a £13 million chalet in Switzerland. He should just move way out into the country and become a country squire tinkering around in his garden, never to be seen or discussed publicly again.

by Anonymousreply 73November 27, 2019 1:22 AM

Ironically, Eugenie is the co-founder of The Anti-Slavery Collective. People called her a hypocrite on her Instagram page because her father raped a sex slave. Having sex with a sex slave is considered as rape in many countries like Sweden. Underage prostitution is considered as human trafficking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 27, 2019 1:23 AM

^^^Jeffrey Epstein was charged with sex trafficking because he pimped out underage girls.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2019 1:31 AM

R68 The most obscene thing about that photo is the $5,000 a night suite that the casino comped Harry and his dumbass friends.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2019 1:37 AM

Why does poo shoes always stink up the royal threads?

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2019 1:41 AM

[quote] wonder if he will off himself....or.....get epsteined

Now THAT would create some Diana-level drama.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2019 1:45 AM

[quote] I am so ready for Charles reign.

Charming.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2019 1:47 AM

The Monarchy died years ago when the tables turned between it and the people. For centuries the people kissed the Monarchy's ass, and now the Monarchy kisses the people's ass. What good is that? Why have a Monarchy at all? What a cluster fuck.

by Anonymousreply 80November 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Harry, a royal British Prince, grandson to the Queen of England, with his bare ass hanging out. He certainly deserves the title of Dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 81November 27, 2019 2:27 AM

Why was thread started today when there are already two active threads about Andrew that aren't even halfway full? wtf, this is why the WM comes in and deletes shit, people. Come on get your act together.

by Anonymousreply 82November 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Please, r81....THEY’RE ALL DIMWITS! Have you ever seen Monty Python’s skit, Upper Class Twit of the Year?? That’s all of them!! And Andrew is Nigel!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 27, 2019 2:48 AM

Her Royal Pooness has been all over these threads, as expected because she has an antenna for pedo stuff.

by Anonymousreply 84November 27, 2019 3:03 AM

I thought he was hot when he was in his 20s-30s. If he had let me take care of him back then, he wouldn't be in this mess.

by Anonymousreply 85November 27, 2019 3:08 AM

I hope Harry and Meghan are taking note.

by Anonymousreply 86November 27, 2019 3:13 AM

I'm reading a book of interviews with Hitler's household staff - apparently Hitler was very fond of David and Wallis and they visited him at the Berghoff on more than one occasion. Pretty sure the Royal Family made a good call here and it wasn't just ruthless.

by Anonymousreply 87November 27, 2019 3:14 AM

Yup, I'd have done him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 27, 2019 3:16 AM

Andrew looks like the kind of guy who would have tonsil breath and no one would be brave enough to tell him.

by Anonymousreply 89November 27, 2019 3:19 AM

He looks like the kind of guy who would have tonsil breath on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 90November 27, 2019 3:20 AM

So Epstein had cameras everywhere filming his guests so when do we see the Prince Andrew porn, the Bill Clinton porn, the Donald Trump porn, the Charlie Rose porn and for those with more interesting tastes the Stephen Hawking porn? And god knows how many others. All with girls young enough to be their grandchildren. And can you imagine how nasty some of this has to be? Our president literally being pissed on by little girls can only be a prelude.

And the Queen and Charles knew about this for at least 15 to 20 years. Why is Andrew at this point the sacrificial lamb? The complexity of it all is mind bending.

by Anonymousreply 91November 27, 2019 3:21 AM

And to see Giuffre in front of Epstein's townhouse crying and saying it should be burned down is quite something.

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2019 3:35 AM

R91 He recently lied about not having sex with a sex slave on national television. If the Queen or Charles supports him at this point, there might be a backlash from the general public that could lead to the downfall of the royal family. Eugenie, a supporter of anti-slavery, is already receiving a lot of backlash for not denouncing her father.

by Anonymousreply 93November 27, 2019 3:39 AM

"Ironically, Eugenie is the co-founder of The Anti-Slavery Collective. People called her a hypocrite on her Instagram page because her father raped a sex slave. "

I seriously doubt he told her about his love of jailbait poontang!

So she's blameless in this, but if she wants anyone to take her anti-slavery activism seriously, she's got to address it somehow. Not necessarily cut him off or openly railing against him in public, but changing her emphasis to helping the victims of underage trafficking. She comes from the class of people who know how to do indirect criticism sting, after all.

by Anonymousreply 94November 27, 2019 3:55 AM

Where can we watch Andrew’s interview?

by Anonymousreply 95November 27, 2019 3:56 AM

R95, here you are:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 27, 2019 4:02 AM

R96 🤗

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2019 4:04 AM

I wonder if Maxwell has managed to go into hiding for good or if she was knocked off like Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 98November 27, 2019 4:09 AM

Bea is 31 and considering the circles she's in and the gossip that's been going around for years she's as much in the know and as much as a phony as the rest of the RF.

Her interest in any cause goes only so far as the publicity it gets her and the justification it affords her being on the dole.

by Anonymousreply 99November 27, 2019 4:21 AM

R94 She's already bringing attention to the victims of underage trafficking. That's already part of her activism. People are still disgusted by her association with her father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 27, 2019 4:30 AM

Everyone acts so outraged, as if all of this scandal has just recentl come to light. I am re-watching The Windsors, and everything about Andrew is presented right there - the grifting, the shady associates, his taste for young girls, his coarseness and sleaziness.

by Anonymousreply 101November 27, 2019 5:33 AM

I love the way the entire Andrew brood is portrayed on The Windsors. It’s exactly how I imagine them in real life, only more racist and meaner.

by Anonymousreply 102November 27, 2019 5:51 AM

He wasn't known as "Randy Andy" in his younger years for nothing. The Queen was very wrong in not clamping down on him hard back then. He's been soiling the reputation of the Royal Family for decades, unchallenged. Between the Diana death debacle and Andrew's current situation the Queen has been shown to be just as, if not more so, clueless at dealing with family problems as many of her mere commoner subjects.

by Anonymousreply 103November 27, 2019 11:03 AM

I suspect part of the rfit between William and Harry stems from the fact that William is unable to control Harry. I believe he blames this on Meghan and therein lies the hate. I truly believe that Harry considered he and William (and Kate) a team which was never really true when one is a member of a monarchy. I imagine his shock when he realized that in the end he was only in a slightly better position then B & E.

by Anonymousreply 104November 27, 2019 11:05 AM

If that's the case, then he really isn't very bright. He grew up in that family and is in his mid-thirties. How could he not know how the royal family works.

by Anonymousreply 105November 27, 2019 11:13 AM

I only hired him because he's your friend. I hardly know him.

by Anonymousreply 106November 27, 2019 11:18 AM

All this was coming to light from 2002 and a reporter at abc wanted to do a major piece a few years back on this but it was squashed. So even Disney was protecting this man. So that Mike Iger one of the most important CEO's in the country was involved. There wasn't enough proof! People are put through the grinding machine for much less.

I just don't know why Charles, Philip and the Queen let it get to this point. Andrew should have been threatened by them with doing all they are doing now back then way before Epstein was convicted let alone before he made that visit after it. What was going on with them? What was going on with the Queen? She knows everything.

by Anonymousreply 107November 27, 2019 11:39 AM

R91 did anyone really expect him to admit to having sex with sexually trafficked young girls? I seriously doubt it. But what sunk him was saying he did not regret his relationship with Epstein because of all the networking it afforded him. Like as a Prince of the BRF he needed Epstein?! And not showing any concern for the victims. Guiffre pretty much said that in the 'lovemaking' he used her as a piece of meat.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2019 11:49 AM

r107 the Queen doesn't give a damn about sex traffickers when it involves her children. She has nothing but a complicated history hidden behind a smile and the UK's PR machines. She's only one person removed from a damn Nazis or Nazi sympathizers. She allowed her husband to cheat on her and as the Queen she had a lot more say in that marriage than the average woman in the 50s and 60s. She and family knew that her children, like Charles, were cheating on their spouses and instead of forbidding those actions she wanted the spouse to just get over it. Those sort of green lights, coupled with boredom and money lead wayward people towards extreme pleasure outlets like underage girls or boys.

One of her best friends was that witch Princess Margaret. The Queen Mother was another piece of work, that needed to brush her teeth. The Queen thought these woman were simply great confidants. As Charles and Andrew or William and Harry have shown, you don't have to get along with your siblings.

The Queen surrounds herself with terrible people that let race and class excuse their actions. She shouldn't be the head of any church based on her actions. She saves her self by keeping her mouth shut in public. Not surprised that she enabled Andrew. Riding a horse with him a day after the Pull back announcement showed her true colors.

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2019 11:57 AM

From Wikipedia concerning Cyrus Vance's involvement as Manhattan District Attorney:

Vance was sworn into office as the Manhattan District Attorney on January 1, 2010. Within a few months, he established or consolidated numerous new bureaus and units in an effort to modernize the District Attorney's Office. Vance's administration established a Conviction Integrity Program,[27] Crime Strategies Unit,[28] Cybercrime and Identity Theft Bureau,[29] Forensic Sciences/ Cold Case Unit,[30] Hate Crimes Unit,[31] Public Integrity Unit,[32] Special Victims Bureau,[33] and Vehicular Crimes Unit.[34][35]

Notable cases[edit] In 2011, a New York prosecutor from Vance's office argued on behalf of billionaire and sex offender Jefferey Epstein, to New York Supreme Court Judge Ruth Pickholtz, asking for Epstein's sex offender status to be reduced. The reasoning was that Epstein had not been indicted and his underage victims had failed to cooperate in the case. The judge, however, denied the petition, and expressed bewilderment that a New York prosecutor would make such a request on behalf of a serial sex offender accused of molesting multiple girls: "I have to tell you, I’m a little overwhelmed because I have never seen a prosecutor’s office do anything like this. I have done so many [sex offender registration hearings] much less troubling than this one where the [prosecutor] would never make a downward argument like this,"[36]. Jennifer Gaffney, then deputy chief of Cyrus Vance Jr.’s sex-crimes unit, stated at the hearing that, “There is only an indictment for one victim. If an offender is not indicted for an offense, it is strong evidence that the offense did not occur.”[37]. Pickholz rejected Gaffney’s arguments and gave Epstein the highest sex-offender status – Level 3. While Vance denies having been aware of the hearing until years later, some law enforcement sources find it unlikely that he was clueless that his office was handling a sex-offender case involving a Manhattan mogul with close ties to Democrats[38]. In 2019, Epstein was arrested and charged with sex trafficking

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2019 12:00 PM

r76 people like Harry and his friends easily spend more than $5000 on gambling alone in a single night. Simply the PR alone is worth the free room. Remember, Kate and the crotch fruit weren't factors at this time, so this was the 3rd in line to THE throne.

Once word spread that Prince Harry was staying at the property it gave it a bit of cache. If they could get his entourage to hangout at their club for at least an hour, which they would have offered, it would bring in well over $5000. Trust me, that was a great business decisions. Vegas gives out free rooms all the time. If you do a moderate amount of gambling you can rack up enough points for a room rather quickly, depending on the property.

When I saw those pictures all I thought was lucky woman. His popularity shot up even higher after these pictures came out. Better a nude party animal than another Nazi costume. I would have let him fuck me that night.

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2019 12:04 PM

R76 - Oh, come now, you must remember that "the grass is always greener" moan his wife made about how people don't understand how awful their lives are.

What's a $5,000/night casino suite comp when you can't do what you wanna do when you wanna do it, and the press attacks your wife's million dollar wardrobe even though she ain't never gonna be Queen - or a this rate, ever be in the same room with the Queen again . . .

After all, if it isn't about endless privilege and total deference, what't the point of it all?

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2019 12:08 PM

r112 let's not go down the Meghan and Harry route. We know many people hate that couple. We have a child molester and friend to a sex traffickers as the title of this thread. Let's keep this Andrew focused.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2019 12:18 PM

Princess Margaret was known to be outrageously cruel and nasty to people she felt beneath her like those without royal blood by such thing as using their hands as ashtrays.

It is said the Queen tolerated such behavior because it made her look like the good cop.

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2019 12:31 PM

The catch with having a family business is that when an employee becomes a problem, you can’t fire them because they are family.

by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2019 1:07 PM

Yet, Andrew was just fired r115. King Edward VIII was also fired. The Firm can fire people from their ribbon cutting and hand voguing career as a royal.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2019 1:11 PM

I don't think the Queen tolerated Margaret's behaviour because it made her look like the good cop - their divergent characters were evident early on. After the Abdication in 1936, when it became clear what lay ahead for the only 10-year-old Elizabeth, courtiers were heard to murmur, "What a good job that Elizabeth is the elder . . ." The Queen is famous for being averse to confrontation, and for pulling rank on her relatives re the personal lives. Margaret's father spoilt her outrageously because she was the Spare and he could, and it is likely the same thing happened with Charles and Harry - and with the Queen and Andrew.

Just as the Queen never got over the idea that the opposition to Margaret marrying Townsend may have spoilt her sister's chance of real happiness, HM was also loathe to make a point of her doubts about Diana (which HM was shrewd enough to spot), about Fergie, and then about Meghan. Whatever doubts she may have had about Kate were swiftly dispelled as Kate made it clear she was dutiful and knew what her role was, wasn't going to pull a Diana and try to outshine her husband, and performed her duties flawlessly, as well as demonstrating that her priority was to be a supportive wife and good mother.

The Queen was the "good cop" from the time she was ten years old. I don't think Margaret's nastiness was apparent until after Townsend, when she got much worse. Up until then she was seen as "spirited and playful".

And she did suffer from the loss of her father. The Queen already had Philip and two children. Margaret was left bereft except for Townsend, who knew how to handle her. She got that hard edge after the Townsend debacle.

People also forget that Townsend was equerry to King George VI and was well versed in the ways of the BRF. Armstrong-Jones was an outside and an opportunist. Townsend was by far the better fit.

It could all have gone very differently.

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2019 1:33 PM

^* outsider

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2019 1:34 PM

R114, the story I always remember about Margaret that illustrated what a thoroughly cruel person she was was when she met a handicapped man. She witheringly asked, "What is it like to look in the mirror every day and see that's what you look like?" She was an awful, awful woman.

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2019 1:40 PM

Considering Elizabeth's and Margaret's grandmother (Mary) was a renowned thief who thought it perfectly appropriate to take anything she wanted that she saw in a shop, or even someone's private home (without asking or being given permission I might add), it's amazing the Queen Mother and her 2 daughters turned out as well as they did.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2019 2:07 PM

The Queen Mother was a bitch, that raised one slightly decent child and another scoundrel

r117, Harry was no more spoiled than William. William's boring exterior just makes it easier to cover his skeletons. Both boys were given a lot of freedom following their mother's death. But they were raised by boarding schools not Charles, so they are normal products of that environment. William is equally entitled as Harry. To deflect on his cheating stories his team was happy to fan the flames against the Sussex. He even threatened to sue the press when they were running that story, no different than what Sussex have done. Despite the rumors, Harry and William served their country honorably and aren't fucking underage hookers. This is why they remain popular despite the anger from their respective stan groups. Yes, I admit that I side more with the Sussexs, but I can respect the contribution both of the boys bring to the Firm.

Honestly, Harry's emotional take on being Royal is an asset. William's straight laced facade is also an asset. Charle's children actually seem like good eggs, considering what they've been through.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2019 2:49 PM

The Queen Mother was not Mary's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2019 3:47 PM

Oh yeah, that's right. Liz's father was Mary's son. The Queen Mother was just that skank he married.

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2019 4:18 PM

R113, there is no evidence that PA is or was a child molester. Although he undoubtedly knew the girls were paid for sexual services, he may not have known that the women were underage or that they were there against their will. The photo with Virginia Roberts does not suggest either.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2019 4:36 PM

They also have hidden children if they are mentally disabled.

The Queen mother gave Charles one of her homes to have his rendezvous with the soon to be Queen Camilla. What the fuck? His own grandmother didn't tell him he belonged with his wife? He was a married man. He could have found a cheap motel like everybody else. Then they started treating Diana like she was mentally unstable gaslighting her. God knows she then crumbled and became more unstable than they could have imagined.

Don't let the current Charles fool you. After Diana he just got a better PR staff who watches his every move. He's the same posh hypocritical twit he always was. Two men to dress him in the morning? Why doesn't his mother just come in and do it herself? And with that gut does it even matter? He'll always look like a slob who drinks far too much.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2019 4:47 PM

r124 we have enough evidence to assume that Andrew fucked a 17 year old, which is considered a minor in the United States, even if she's old enough to consent. Additionally, she was a sex trafficked underage female, that is against the law on both sides of the pond. Anyway you cut it, he had no quals about dropping a load in or on a girl under the age of 17. But let him tall ya, he was just there for business connections, as if the son of The Queen would have problems networking with business men if that was his true intention. Next, some of you will tell me that Trump never fucked Stormy Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2019 4:53 PM

According to Guiffre he knew everything. There is All the evidence. And staying with Epstein after the conviction? Unless Andrew is even more stupid than everyone says he is.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2019 4:55 PM

I see poo shoes is posting early today

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2019 5:03 PM

A question from another thread... Are Charles and William going to engineer Social Death for Andrew?

Is he going to go right along hanging around with the dubious sort of rich folks and aristocrats, or are they going to make him persona non grata in polite society? Okay, the most dubious sorts of rich bastards don't care what Charles and William think, but if Andrew is on the outs with the Palace and the more respectable sorts of aristos, maybe they won't have any more use for him.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2019 5:25 PM

r129 they don't spend much time with him anyway. Come to think of it, none of these "family" members appear all that close. Removing him from the Royal gravy train and balcony appearances will probably be the extent of their punishment. He will be warned to stop using his royal title for favors. As long as he remains quiet, like the Gloucesters, he will avoid brushes with Charles and William. Those princes were fine being seen in public with Andrew, despite this story bouncing around in the press for a long time.

They are personally against his terrible PR instincts, not so much his association with Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2019 5:31 PM

`The Queen Mother despised Camilla and would never have leant Charles a place to commit adultery. She was, if possible, more religions than the Queen. Other people in their set certainly leant Charles places where he could meet Camilla after the marriage broke down, but the idea that the QM did is bunk.

The moralistic crap around Charles and Camilla completely ignores that it's abundantly clear that he and Diana were so badly mismatched that he would have been better off with the barmaid in the local. She was 50% of what was wrong.

And which one of her "homes" was that? Clarence House in the middle of London? The Castle of Mey? Birkhall all the way up in Scotland? Glamis Castle in Scotland? Her suite at Windsor Castle?

Broadlands was the home of Earl Mountbatten and his family, and it was, moreover where Charles's parents spent their wedding night, and then Charles and Diana, theirs.

Plenty of people in their set especially in Gloucestershire near Highgrove, helped Charles out.

But the Queen Mother? Not.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2019 6:36 PM

My apologies r131, you are correct. I was the one that originally cast the blame on the Queen Mother, still a bitch in my opinion that needed to brush her teeth, but it was Charles' low moral friends that lent their homes for the affairs.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2019 6:40 PM

Again, let's not forget that the aristocratic set has its own morals. Most people in that set fuck around once the heir and spare are born. Diana was part of that set, so it was thought she'd be realistic about her husband having affairs, so long as he was good enough to allow her some lovers on the side. Which he did, actually. Several bios of Diana have made noted that while fucking her bodyguard Barry Mannakee was frowned upon and got him transferred, once she took up with James Hewitt, who was posh and played by the rules, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Apparently she was calmer during that relationship and got along better with Charles, who at that point just wanted a permanent negotiated peace. But you can never have that with a raging borderline like Diana. They live and breathe for the drama.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2019 6:48 PM

Go to bed poo shoes

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2019 6:49 PM

R134, I’m not being sarcastic when I ask this—which poster is poo shoes? I know I should supposedly be able to tell, but I can’t.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2019 7:10 PM

Poo shoes will go to bed when damned good and ready.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2019 8:16 PM

[quote]The Queen Mother was a bitch, that raised one slightly decent child and another scoundrel

Nope. I worked with several people who were friends with the Queen Mother, one of whom was knighted in the early aughts. They had nothing but good things to say about the Queen Mum...not so much the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2019 8:43 PM

Margaret may have been a bitch on wheels, but a scoundrel is more like a cheating criminal.

And her father raised her, too, and allegedly spoiled her rotten. Why does Mum always get the blame?

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2019 8:54 PM

R116. Yes, now finally - but if Andrew weren’t family he would have been let go years ago. Dude has been nothing but a liability for decades.

by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2019 9:32 PM

R129 - I don't think it works that way. These things tend to follow natural patterns without "engineering" becoming necessary. No one who wants to be inty with the people at the top will be seen hobnobbing with Andrew. Those who never would have had a chance to enter the top circles won't care, and Andrew will find himself with a less aristocratic circle of hangers-on.

The other potential for fallout is for Bea and Eugenie, who will suffer tangential social tarnishing. I doubt Brooksbank cares, but Edo M.M. might - social cachet is part of the bargain for marrying in via less than inspiring partners.

This will leave Bea and Eugenie in the awful position of having to choose between refusing to treat their father as invisible, or seeing him only privately so their spouses and children won't suffer socially.

Not an enviable choice.

Andrew, when the dust settles, would do his offspring a huge favour by taking a nice house somewhere in Marbella or Tuscany and staying there for the foreseeable. Let Bea and Eugenie settle into their marriages, have a couple of kids each, let themselves be seen in the nesting and breeding phase for awhile . . . so at least the York children and grandchildren can recoup some social ground.

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2019 9:53 PM

R125 - Oh, and Diana was mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2019 9:54 PM

Andrew's "friends" are all shady oligarch types or gulf Arabs, from whom he benefited financially (remember the Kazakhstan's strongman paid a couple million over selling price for Andrew's house). He will be ordered to desist from associating with these unsavory types. If he fails to do this, Charles and William will continue to further his exile from the BRF (along with his daughters).

I bet Charles and Wills tell Andrew that if he doesn't lay low, his daughters will suffer financially (zero royal functions and no royal goodies like an apartment at KP). This may keep Andrew in line.

by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2019 10:25 PM

Diana was deeply scarred by her parents divorce. Having a husband in love with another woman in what in her youthful mind thought would be a perfect marriage with his entire family supporting it sent her over the edge and her self destructiveness became pathological. She must have had no self esteem so when she very unexpectedly became Britain's biggest most glamorous star she became a very generous and very cruel person.

by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2019 10:56 PM

"I bet Charles and Wills tell Andrew that if he doesn't lay low, his daughters will suffer financially (zero royal functions and no royal goodies like an apartment at KP). This may keep Andrew in line. "

I don't think Andrew gives a damn about his daughters' social standing, or their ability to make or sustain "good" marriages. I don't think he's given a moment of thought to possible negative consequences of his actions or other peoples' needs in the last forty years, and he's too old to start now.

I really would feel sorry for Bea and Eug, if they weren't such useless nitwits.

by Anonymousreply 144November 28, 2019 2:12 AM

[quote] He could have found a cheap motel like everybody else.

Sure. I can see him rolling up to the local Motel 6, Camilla in tow. As well as 4 or 5 RPOs. "Can I have a room for two....er, make that 7?". So private.

[quote]Then they started treating Diana like she was mentally unstable gaslighting her.

She was mentally unstable. Wronged, certainly, but also inherently unstable. Not a good combination.

by Anonymousreply 145November 28, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote]Once word spread that Prince Harry was staying at the property it gave it a bit of cache.

Oh Dear! is that where he stored the family jewels, while waiting for T

by Anonymousreply 146November 28, 2019 3:34 AM

This entire thread is a Poo Shoes self portrait

by Anonymousreply 147November 28, 2019 3:42 AM

There was a great post recently - "Once your reputation is lost, the only people who will associate with you are either shady or naive." Since nobody in the world is now in the dark about Andrew, that just leaves his shady associates. I believe these r'ships will continue, just ever more hidden from public view. Andrew will not be shunned; rather he will be seen as a scapegoat.

As long as men get hard-ons, young women will be conscripted to service them.

by Anonymousreply 148November 28, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]R13 This is how the Windsors always behave when their backs are to the wall: with cold ruthlessness.

Only when their finances are endangered, really.

They were afraid the public gravy train would dry up. Obviously, they’ve always been fine with his sickness, personally.

by Anonymousreply 149November 28, 2019 6:09 AM

R110, Cy Vance is the crookedest mother fucker around. He let don jr and ivanka skate of felony charges in exchange for a $25,000 donation from their attorney. He let weinstein skate for many, many years on various rape charges, in exchange for a measly donation from weinstein's attorney. He let Deutsche Bank off with a sweetheart deal on the fact that they laundered over $100 million for the Mexican drug cartels, in exchange for a donation from the bank's attorneys. Do you see the trend?

And Cy, is one cheap ass bitch. You can buy him off for very, very little money. the trump spawn escaped 2 or 3 felony charges for $25,000. Their lawyer would have charged more than that to defend them

by Anonymousreply 150November 28, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote] He wasn't known as "Randy Andy" in his younger years for nothing. The Queen was very wrong in not clamping down on him hard back then.

This is basically like any fucked up family dynamic. And just like any other fucked up family member, you can be sure for every single disgusting thing we know about Andrew, there are at least 5 more horrible things about him that we don't know. That the family has been able to hide/make go away over the years.

He, that hideous ex-wife and those 2 daughters of his are very good friends with Russian oligarchs, Kazakhstan's president and other assorted super wealthy trash

by Anonymousreply 151November 28, 2019 12:44 PM

[quote] Andrew, when the dust settles, would do his offspring a huge favour by taking a nice house somewhere in Marbella or Tuscany and staying there for the foreseeable. Let Bea and Eugenie settle into their marriages, have a couple of kids each, let themselves be seen in the nesting and breeding phase for awhile . . . so at least the York children and grandchildren can recoup some social ground.

Well that's not going to happen. Andrew and foolish fergie want the entire world to know what jet setters they are. And the York daughters take after their parents. Instead of lying low Beatrice, Fergie and Eugenie were all out and about (separately) in the last few days, grinning, smiling and in fergie's case, making dumb faces for the cameras. She made a big production of going to Buckingham Palace a day or two after andrew's BBC interview. Of course she was smiling and waving while she didn't have a trace of make up on

by Anonymousreply 152November 28, 2019 12:54 PM

R144 - Andrew's daughters are not now, nor have they ever been, on the royal payroll. They do not represent the BRF in official events as it is. They show up at the Trooping the Colour - the clothes they show up in, unlike those of Kate and Meghan and the Queen and Anne and Sophie Wessex, are paid for out of their own funds. They each have a trust fund that started at one million. Eugenie's husband is quite wealthy. There are no financial strings to pull. Just social ones - not having them at the Trooping the Colour, not having them at Sandringham for Christmas or Windsor at Easter, or up to Balmoral in the summer, or to family weddings, that's the stuff that counts and tells you who is in and who is out.

The only financial carrot would be Charles agreeing to put them on the payroll if Andrew gives up his place in the line of successin and Harry does the same. They'll need some younger blood to fill those spots for awhile.

And as yet, we don't know what the Sussexes are planning. As it is, it's clear that a huge divide has opened between them and the rest of the BRF, who consider them ingrate turncoats for sure and Meghan the untrustworthy scorpion of the fable, but even if they leave, that won't necessarily include Harry giving up his and his childrens' places in line.

So those are the conditions under wrhich Charles might bribe Andrew using his daughter's future as working royals as bargaining chips.

by Anonymousreply 153November 28, 2019 12:57 PM

I just realized the whole family seems kinda dense. Are any of them intellectuals or brainiacs?

by Anonymousreply 154November 28, 2019 12:58 PM

The last true intellectual to sit on the English throne was Elizabeth I, so it’s been awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 28, 2019 1:06 PM

My apologies, but what is "BRF?" I've read through this whole thread and I did not see what the acronym stood for. Sorry, for the interruption but I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 156November 28, 2019 1:07 PM

R154 - Yes, their obtuseuness is quite striking, isn't it?

Strange to say, there are a few less dense and more intellectually developed members, but in the cadet branches. I believe the Earl of St. Andrews was a fine scholar (that is the Duke of Kent's son) and I believe the Duke of Gloucester was happily planning a career as an architect when the older brother, William, was killed in an accident and the younger brother had to give up the career and take over the dukedom. He seems quietly self-possessed, married an accomplished Danish girl, and both have behaved with exemplary discretion.

But the inability of the core Windsors to grasp certain realities, especially about other people, is really amazing.

You'd think after Diana and Fergie, they'd have taken one look at Meghan Markle and laughed Harry out of the room, especially his father.

Part of the problem is that they are trying to navigate a ship constructed of medieval concepts on a medieval shore, through currents moving farther and faster away from that shore.

After Edward's Abdication, the anodyne George VI and his beloved Consort, the Queen Mother, righted the ship. Then the Queen kept the ship steady through Margaret and then the Wales and York debacles. Then the ship seemed to steady, Charles made an honest woman out of Camilla who has done surprisingly well, and then William did the smart thing and married Kate, both also carefully dutifully anodyne and growing nicely into their roles after doing the necessary and founding a family . . . and then Harry brings in Megan Markle, and the rot in the rafters that was Andrew finally falls through the floors.

Remains to be seen if Charles, together with the Cambridges, can weather the latest crisis.

So far, sensitive perceptions and intellectual gravitas do not seem to be at work in same.

by Anonymousreply 157November 28, 2019 1:13 PM

You’re all insane. I live in the UK and outside of DL I haven’t read or heard anything about Harry or Meghan since their wedding. They are so far down the line of succession no-one cares about them. It’d take a horrific disaster for them to become relevant.

You have some very strange ideas about how the modern monarchy works. Beatrice and Eugenie do not receive money from the sovereign grant. They do not represent the Crown in any respect and never will.

by Anonymousreply 158November 28, 2019 1:14 PM

R156 - BRF= British Royal Family. No need to apologise.

Here's a cheat sheet:

DoS - Duke or Duchess of Sussex

DoC - Duke or Duchess of Cambridge

DoE - Duke of Edinburgh

HM - Her Majesty

KP - Kensington Palace

BP - Buckingham Palace (sometimes also called Buck House)

PoW - Prince of Wales

FrogCott - Frogmore Cottage, the Sussex's home base at Windsor

by Anonymousreply 159November 28, 2019 1:16 PM

^Uhm... well, keep in mind, R158.. "Some" of the British subjects have "issues" with the "tanned" negress... OOPS! the "painted" princess. They believe that she has "tainted" the purity of the Royal blueblood blood line....

by Anonymousreply 160November 28, 2019 1:19 PM

Charles first met Lady Diana Spencer in 1977 while he was visiting her home, Althorp. He was the companion of her elder sister, Sarah, and did not consider Diana romantically until mid-1980... Soon, according to Charles's chosen biographer, Jonathan Dimbleby, "without any apparent surge in feeling, he began to think seriously of her as a potential bride", and she accompanied Charles on visits to Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House.

Charles's cousin Norton Knatchbull and his wife told Charles that Diana appeared awestruck by his position and that he did not seem to be in love with her... When Prince Philip told him that the media speculation would injure Diana's reputation if Charles did not come to a decision about marrying her soon, and realising that she was a suitable royal bride (according to Mountbatten's criteria), Charles construed his father's advice as a warning to proceed without further delay.

Prince Charles proposed to Diana in February 1981; she accepted and they married in St Paul's Cathedral on 29 July of that year.

by Anonymousreply 161November 28, 2019 1:20 PM

R158 - If you haven't heard anything about Harry andy Meghan since their wedding, you have either been in a coma or on a junket to Saturn - or you're lying. They are unlikely ever to succeed to the throne, but they aren't that far away, either. Harry is sixth in line, his son, seventh. They have been making headlines, mostly negative ones, for nearly 18 months, including a recent "documentary" they filmed and released whilst Kate and William were undergoing a tour of Pakistan at the Foreign Office's request, in which they wept onscreen about how miserable their wealthy, privileged lives are because the press is so rude to Meghan; launched a lawsuit against the Mail on Sunday, virtually opening a press war with the UK press, just what the BRF needed; had a baby and then refused to name the godparents publicly; lectured the public on climate change and then took a series of private jets across the fleshpots of the Meditteranean whilst on holiday and made headlines jeering at their hypocrisy; and Meghan's family, of course, has helped keep that pot stirred regularly.

You haven't heard anything about them since their wedding? Right - pull the other one.

by Anonymousreply 162November 28, 2019 1:22 PM

IMHO. Charles NEVER loved Diana. She was suitable and there was nothing more to it than that. Once she produced an heir and a spare her usefulness was over.

by Anonymousreply 163November 28, 2019 1:23 PM

All of this angst. Such discord!

PEOPLE! REMEMBER WHO WE ARE!!!!

I think that we all need a moment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 28, 2019 1:28 PM

"I live in the UK and outside of DL I haven’t read or heard anything about Harry or Meghan since their wedding."

That's the funniest thing I've read here in a long time, and it's a fairly witty group.

Right - you live in the UK and you missed all those headlines in the DM, The SUN, The Mirror - even the fucking TIMES and The Guardian have printed or commented on those stories. They've been discussed endlessly on television news programmes.

But somehow - you missed all that AND whilst living in the UK?

by Anonymousreply 165November 28, 2019 1:29 PM

OP you did care or you wouldn't have read the article or started this thread.

by Anonymousreply 166November 28, 2019 1:33 PM

I said that Diana was emotionally scarred by her parents divorce and emotionally fragile. So she ended up in a family that was a complete emotional cluster fuck but who had the power of closing rank against her and sending her over the edge. But then her revenge was the happy discovery that she suddenly became an international star and there was the BRF's jealousy of that. It was a perfect storm. And we are seeing the results of that in Harry who is a real clusterfuck himself. But what do you expect when he went through so much in front of the entire world of his parent's disastrous relationship reported everywhere and mother's death as a young boy and there being endless public speculation about it.

by Anonymousreply 167November 28, 2019 1:35 PM

To be fair, there was absolutely no way that the royal family could’ve forbidden Harry’s marriage to Meghan without looking like the KKK.

by Anonymousreply 168November 28, 2019 2:35 PM

Diana was born at Park House, ON the Sandringham estate. She was, literally, the girl next door, and grew up socialising with Andrew and Edward, who were closer in age. Her mother, Lady Ruth Fermoy, was one of the Queen Mother's Women of the Bedchamber and one of her closest friends. Her father had been a royal Equerry, and the Queen Mother came to wedding of Diana's parents.

This idea Diana later floated, that she was a total novice at the whole Royal Thing, was bullshit and straight ouf of Studio Rewrite.

She started plotting her trajectory toward Princess of Wales when she was 16. Initially, she was even floated as a potential bride for Andrew, but she was only interested in the "top job". She got it, and then complained that it wasn't straight out of a romance novel. She made Charles' life miserable from the honeymoon on, doing a complete volte face from the one she'd shown when she was, to all intents and purposes, stalking him.

She suffered from narcissistic personality disorder, and her two sisters, with long happy marriages behind them, grew up in the same dysfunctional family that Diana did.

Yes, she had emotionally neglectful parents, so did lots of the rest of us. She was actually ruthless, jealous, competitive, sly, and secretive. She made every mistake in the book handling her marriage, and then blamed everyone else for it.

And she sure as hell wasn't "young and naive" when she hooked up with a man who made Charles with all his flaws look Golden. Dodi Fayed? At 37? After 15 years of marriage and two children and a life on a hugely sophisticated stage manipulating the press and wrecking at least one marriage?

Please. The woman was mental, and in many ways, not particularly nice. She's only been canonised by her untimely death.

by Anonymousreply 169November 28, 2019 2:39 PM

R168 - Nailed it. Meghan Markle played the race card early on when she got Harry to write that letter threatening the British press because she claimed she was being racially abused. She got the BRF over a barrel and they let her get away with it.

If they'd told Harry to head off to Las Vegas to marry her, they'd have taken some flak for it, but it would have blown past by now. Now, they're stuck with a destructive diva and grifter who has a long history of treating the marks who fall for her game with the contempt they deserve.

Now, they'll take the same flak if the Sussexes leave the family, only it will be at a higher level.

They should have done the sensible thing and taken the flak earlier for telling Harry that she was completely unsuitable to royal life, and either he gave her up or took himself off. If he had called their bluff, they would have been rid of two problem members, and at least would only be dealing with the Andrew crisis now.

by Anonymousreply 170November 28, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote][R168] - Nailed it. Meghan Markle played the race card early on when she got Harry to write that letter threatening the British press because she claimed she was being racially abused. She got the BRF over a barrel and they let her get away with it.

So R170, you're saying that there have been NO racially tinged angles by the British press at all? That this gal is simply imagining things that aren't happening and being said?

by Anonymousreply 171November 28, 2019 3:58 PM

What is all the fuss about? Some horny old men probably OVERpaid some fully sexually mature/active stinkfish to perform 'acts' with them/ Grow up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 172November 28, 2019 4:39 PM

R171 - In fact, almost none - there were a couple of genuine ones, but they were the exception not the norm. Initially, Meghan said she was suffering racial abuse and that her home had been broken into, without producing a shred of evidence to same. Her lawyers sent threatening letters to the UK press and Harry published a letter warning the press.

This was . . . a year before they were even engaged. The truth is, this was one of Meghan's tactics to let the world know she was The One; Harry had a reputation for fast infatuations and cheating on significant others. By mounting an attack this early, she made it more difficult for him to move on and more difficult for the BRF to discourage a marriage.

You know that old saying, "Never start an argument with someone who buys ink by the barrel"? Well that's what Meghan and Harry did. They set up the press war before she got the engagement ring on her finger. What do you know: the press didn't like being threatened.

Most of the criticism she's received has been for mistakes and missteps and miscalculations of her own doing. Ditto, Harry. I can only think of one headline that I thought was legitimately racist. And everyone forgets, as I mentioned elsewhere, about the merciless pounding Fergie took (body shaming, Rent-a-Duchess, the Duchess of Pork, Frock Horror!) or Waity Katie . . . they've already forgotten the telephoto lens that intruded on Kate and William sunbathing at a private residence off the beaten path in the French countryside . . .

Meghan is good at short-term tactics, and bad at long-term strategy. In that sense, she is also very much like Harry's mother, who thought washing the family linen in public would get her grovelling apologies, a repentant guilt-ridden hubby crawling back, and install her as the heroine of an Austen novel.

Instead, it got Diana the boot. - and she was a beautiful white, blonde, aristocrat, the Princess of Wales, and mother of a future king.

Meghan is heading down the same track.

by Anonymousreply 173November 28, 2019 4:44 PM

^ The above poster is mentally ill. Seriously mental.

by Anonymousreply 174November 28, 2019 5:51 PM

At least in Britain, Andy now faces no criminal charges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 28, 2019 6:29 PM

I never thought he was that attractive. He had that inbred Windsor look about him. Odd that he's the Queen's favorite child. He's such a clod, such a stupid sleazebag.

by Anonymousreply 176November 28, 2019 6:34 PM

If the Queen takes ill after this or shows any signs of slowing down, everyone will blame Andrew. He's dirt to the public now, if he's blamed for her inevitable decline he'll be thought of as Satan incarnate!

And he'll have nobody to blame but himself, and it's not like he wasn't warned several billion times. He's such a dolt.

by Anonymousreply 177November 28, 2019 6:47 PM

[quote]r148 As long as men get hard-ons, young women will be kidnapped to service them.

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 178November 29, 2019 6:08 AM

[quote]R153 those are the conditions under which Charles might bribe Andrew, using his daughter's future as working royals

The girls are damaged goods.

No soup for them.

by Anonymousreply 179November 29, 2019 6:10 AM

Really who cares? Charles and Camilla look like they've been hard rowed and put away forever. I can smell them from across the Atlantic. William and Kate are just going to be fine at whatever they do. But the world is ending in the next 25 years and they suspect that's pretty real. They perform the equivalent diagnosis: Present the best AND prepare for the worst.

The in love and lovely Harry and Meghan know it better than anyone and if they can't use their privilege to help those they want, they might as well leave. The world is theirs. We love them both. Nothing wrong with her at all, a beautiful modern woman and Harry came into his own with service and in Africa. They must be able to retain their work and duty. To love and grow their family. But they don't need the royal family to do that. God bless them both. They can make a good living and continue a life of service in the U.S., Canada and around the world. They aren't as greedy as most of the other royals. The royal family doesn't pay that well, only for old balls like Andrew who pimps himself out. Meghan and Harry want to share their experience and they might monetize their fame. All in the name of love.

We can't love strangers, but we can embrace their cause and welcome them to our land. Come be free, Harry and Meghan. But choose Canada to live.

by Anonymousreply 180November 29, 2019 6:37 AM

[R19], you don't know better; he wasn't raised by Princess Margaret.

by Anonymousreply 181November 29, 2019 7:06 AM

Jeez, Meghan Sparkle is posting here!

Everyone bow to R180!

by Anonymousreply 182November 29, 2019 7:21 AM

Meghan isn'r greedy but might, just might monetize her fame. Ermmm......okay.

by Anonymousreply 183November 29, 2019 11:52 AM

Yes, do choose Canada, Meghan and Dim - maybe you can wangle a deal to have some Commonwealth country pay toward your homes, clothes, staff, and travel.

Say - you do remember that 3 million quid the UK taxpayers spent so you could live like royalty?

You are going to pay that back if you leave after having spent only a year in it, right?

Don't worry: we'll offer you low interest and an installment payment plan.

But you do owe it us. Just the way you owe the BRF (which isn't based in Canada, by the way) that fame you might monetize, after years in Canada only produced a c-list actress of 35 with only one acting job on her CV, reasonable but not glorious looks, and no other professional prospects on the horizon.

A big shout-out to Canada for taking Megsy and Dimwit off the UK taxpayers' backs!

by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2019 12:04 PM

Canada will [bold]NOT [/bold] pay for Harry and Megsy to just stand around and look noble. That's won't happen. Certainly they can live here. Certainly they'll be treated with some measure of respect. But payment from the government to just look wistful at old age pensioners and sick children? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2019 12:29 PM

R185 - Well, that puts paid to Canada!

Meghan: Honey, I just know they will find a way to pay us to be royal somewhere else. Didn't the Greeks elected that Danish prince to become King of Greece, you know, your Grandfather's father or something like that? All right, it didn't last forever, but what does? No, no, I didn't mean us, of course not, H.

Romania looks like it could use some spiffing up. What, they have their own, too?

Hmmm - Bulgaria? What, they have their own, too!?

How about Montenegro? I loved the way it looked in "Casino Royale".

Harry: Shut up, Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 186November 29, 2019 1:01 PM

[QUOTE] How about Montenegro? I loved the way it looked in "Casino Royale".

Montenegro has its own too, and he’s quite happy with his semi-official role there, Smegs. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 187November 29, 2019 9:27 PM

R187 - Damn.

(Psst . . . Doesn't Mette-Marit of Norway have some fatal disease?)

by Anonymousreply 188November 30, 2019 1:14 AM

"They aren't as greedy as most of the other royals."

They are the epitome of greed. Greedy assholes, both of them. And they couldn't care less about their little blob Archie. I doubt they spend even two hours a day with him. Poor little sot.

by Anonymousreply 189November 30, 2019 1:55 AM

The sot is Charles! As red as a drunk lying in the gutter.

by Anonymousreply 190November 30, 2019 2:01 AM

Of course it’s bought and paid for and that little sycophant Benny Medina is working his ass of to make sure she gets a nom. If she doesn’t she’ll have a meltdown like she did on her tour and Benny and Alex will have to lie to her about how great she is but the Academy is just against her or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 191November 30, 2019 2:03 AM

Love how this turned back into an anti-Sussex conversation. Some people are so obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 192November 30, 2019 2:55 AM

r191 is lost here, took a wrong turn. Is posting about JLo in Hustlers, a movie about sharp greedy women running a con and grift on the men who paid for their services. Oh wait....

by Anonymousreply 193November 30, 2019 5:10 AM

R13 One day you're in, and the next day, you're out.

by Anonymousreply 194November 30, 2019 5:11 AM

What surprises me is how long they let it go on, R13, R194. If a little fire starts in a waste basket, you don't wait til the curtains and furniture are in flames so that you have to ring the Fire Brigade. MM and Harry could have been reined in as soon as they published the first accusatory letter about "racism" or the first VF article. Similarly, Andrew could have been phased out in 2011. The BRF could take some timely lessons in damage control from the Mafia.

by Anonymousreply 195November 30, 2019 6:38 AM

I see Poo Shoes is awake and well

by Anonymousreply 196November 30, 2019 6:49 AM

Can someone please explain Poo Shoes? I'm starting to see that crop up on these threads after I don't know how many of them. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 197November 30, 2019 12:32 PM

R197 - I think Poo Shoes and the mysterious Jan I keep hearing about are somehow related. No one has ever replied to my enquiries about Jan. Perhaps they're a routine, you know, one is Bud Abbott, the straight [sic] man to Lou Costello's bumbling comic.

by Anonymousreply 198November 30, 2019 12:54 PM

Poo shoes is a Las Vegas woman. Years ago, she came to DL for advice, claiming her fancy shoes had been ruined by sewage in a casino bathroom. There are old threads with details if you ever get bored. Now whenever someone posts a comment someone else doesn’t like, it’s sometimes attributed to poo shoes.

by Anonymousreply 199November 30, 2019 1:15 PM

R199 - Ah, thank you. Now, any info on the mysterious "Jan"?

by Anonymousreply 200November 30, 2019 1:18 PM

R189 - Nailed it. She wears clothes manufactured by wage slaves, refuses to do a bit of baby-displaying and waving for five minutes at Archie's christening, but doesn't mind trotting him out to get some good PR on the Africa tour, and they trot out their Woke creds by putting up inspirational messages on IG, but don't mind having their home renovated on the backs of of taxpayers far down the economic food chain.

Laurence Fox was right when he called them a pair of "Ultra-Woke hypocrites".

She married him out of greed: for wealth, luxury, celebrity, and status.

by Anonymousreply 201November 30, 2019 1:24 PM

R200, it's a Brady Bunch thing.

by Anonymousreply 202November 30, 2019 2:22 PM

Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway has 5-7 years lifespan tops, with her incurable fatal lung disease. That means her still-cute husband (after a year of polite mourning) will be on the hunt for a new future Queen Consort of Norway. But his sister Princess Louise has made a spectacularly ridiculous match with a black ‘shaman’ which caused some scandal, so the bets are off for another black. Sorry Smegs, do try again.

by Anonymousreply 203November 30, 2019 2:33 PM

More and more it seems that through the decades Queen Elizabeth has been pretty oblivious. OK she has the obligations of being a queen. And I guess Philip couldn't care less about who his sons were carrying on with despite being the family disciplinarian. He was in actuality obsessed with his own dalliances and playing dressup.

But despite the fact that Charles and Andrew were grown men they were working for the family store. And the fact that the parents were the proprietors with no control over their own employees letting them steal from the till speaks poorly of them both.

by Anonymousreply 204November 30, 2019 3:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205November 30, 2019 6:28 PM

You never hear about the Scandinavian or Dutch Royals. They're all pretty low-key and well-behaved.

by Anonymousreply 206November 30, 2019 7:06 PM

R203 - It's Marthe Louise, and she was once considered the prettiest princess in Europe, but she was also crazy and everyone always knew that, too. But she was a knockout in her salad days. She is also the oldest of King Harald's children and should have been Crown Princess, but it was before the laws were changed.

Now her niece, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, eldest child of Crown Prince Haakon (he's still hot) and Mette-Marit, will be Queen rather than their younger child, a son.

The Norwegians and Danes share a common ancestral House: Glucksberg.

The Swedes are the House of Bernadotte, before someone asks.

by Anonymousreply 207November 30, 2019 8:01 PM

^*Glucksburg (not Glucksberg)

by Anonymousreply 208November 30, 2019 8:28 PM

NOBODY cares about the Scandinavian or Dutch royals.

by Anonymousreply 209November 30, 2019 8:29 PM

Jan Brady is the self-dramatizing middle daughter on 'The Brady Bunch'. Her finest hour was when she created an imaginary boyfriend, 'George Glass'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 30, 2019 9:42 PM

Poo Shoes is the author of this legendary thread, Bellagio Horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 30, 2019 9:44 PM

FYI I've been F&F-ing anyone who accuses another poster of being "poo shoes" for a long time now. The people who are paranoid about her being behind anything they don't like are FAR more annoying than the original Poo Shoes herself.

by Anonymousreply 212November 30, 2019 10:43 PM

Doesn't matter who it is. There's an obsessive nut job who hates Meghan Markle and can't stop posting about the BRF. There is more than one, but only one with so much twisted information that they continually argue, inject and repeat. They haven't much life of their own if they're able to so closely follow someone else's every move. That is obsession. And only a few posters fit that profile....

Meghan and Harry are beautiful and in love. Not interested in doing things the way of everyone else. Harry honors his mother every time he shows his feeling and seeks to protect his family. Who gives a fuck about Royals anyway? The point of these endless threads on Datalounge is : RACISM.

by Anonymousreply 213November 30, 2019 11:02 PM

R209 - The Norwegians, Danes, Dutch, and Swedes do.

And as the King of Sweden just made a historic change in their royal status structure, forced to by mutterings amongst the peasants, and we have already gotten the word "Swedenise" from it, I'd say they've already made a major contribution to DL.

And the Danish royals have been quite fun to follow. They are, in fact, the oldest monarchy in Europe. Queen Margrethe is an artist in her own right, although she appears to have been another cold, distant royal Mum. The second son married a mixed race Anglo-British woman first, then a Frenchwoman. The Crown Prince's wife is the first Australian ever to be in line to become Queen of a European country. Their children are extremely attractive.

Then there are the dodgy Spanish royals, with the randy King Juan Carlos having to step aside to head off more scandals.

YOU may not care about the other royals, but threads on them have been popular enough to be paywalled.

And they have filled HOLA and HELLO for decades.

You don't have to participate.

by Anonymousreply 214December 1, 2019 1:43 AM

[quote]There is more than one, but only one with so much twisted information that they continually argue, inject and repeat. They haven't much life of their own if they're able to so closely follow someone else's every move. That is obsession.

Hon, everyone here on LD argues, injects and repeats. On threads of every variety, it's a common DL posting style. And we have always been interested in gossiping -what you term "obsessed" - with celebs, royals, and the rich and famous. Many times in very bitchy ways. It's fun for many of us.

[quote]Meghan and Harry are beautiful and in love. Not interested in doing things the way of everyone else.

In love they may be, sweet. But their keen disinterest in going their own way and 'not doing things like everyone else' is a root source of their many problems. No one asked them to be iconoclasts. The very definition of being a British royal is stay the conservative course, honor history, put your head down to work without drawing personal attention and don't complain, don't explain.

[quote]Who gives a fuck about Royals anyway?

Well clearly you do, since you're always on every royal thread complaining about how everyone posts, their posting style and even the topic of the thread itself...if you don't like the Royals, then why stick around here.

[quote] The point of these endless threads on Datalounge is : RACISM.

Actually its about gossiping about the BRF, but you do you.

Seeing racists behind every post and tree, everyplace, no matter how mundane the discussion, and constantly looking for them must be very tiring.

by Anonymousreply 215December 1, 2019 3:10 AM

But what of Prince Charles and the Church pedo he allows to live in one of his privately owned homes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216December 1, 2019 5:37 AM

The Meghan haters are mind boggling. They just cant move past the fact that Harry married a non-white woman. They've been at it for years here, long before the too ever got married.

It's actually making me root for her.

by Anonymousreply 217December 1, 2019 7:15 AM

R217 - Meghanstan troll alert.

by Anonymousreply 218December 1, 2019 2:04 PM

R218 = Deranged racist troll

by Anonymousreply 219December 1, 2019 2:27 PM

I'm with R217, the Sparkle-haters are SO BATSHIT that I've started to stand up for her on occasion!

Normally I loathe grasping little climbers like her, but you haters are SO BATSHIT that contradicting your lunacy is a natural human instinct.

by Anonymousreply 220December 1, 2019 4:19 PM

Mercy for Meghan!! Harry is KING!!! We love Meghan for who she is and who she is becoming. Long live Harry and Megs!

by Anonymousreply 221December 1, 2019 4:34 PM

Of course, dear, you "normally" hate little climbers like Meghan, except when other people call her out for it and miraculously turn into "haters".

by Anonymousreply 222December 1, 2019 4:43 PM

Virginia Roberts, the fresh looking teenage blonde girl (now a chunky, jaded woman) seen with Randy Andy's arm around her waist in that photo is going to do a BBC interview. I can't wait! I hope she gives all the details of what they did in bed. I'll bet THAT would really mortify the royal family and that would be so amusing.

by Anonymousreply 223December 1, 2019 8:50 PM

Muriel: Paywall now, please to disinfect this thread - and others - of the racist loons.

Royal Dish even has banned them (no threads discussing MM and her husband are allowed there).

Paywall now please.

by Anonymousreply 224December 1, 2019 11:34 PM

She needs to disinfect them of the crazy trolls who keep interrupting discussion with their unhinged insults against other perfectly fine posters and psychotic accusations of 'racism' at every single turn. Even when we talk about gardens, travel, or boring fashion choices.

We don't give a fuck what they do at Royal Dish or whatever it is. Other boards are other boards. Now back to CB with you. shoo.

by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2019 11:43 PM

Look. This is about the survival of the monarchy. When Barclays and other huge British institutional investors and foundations begin to withdraw their support for the Crown's charities, and resign from boards because of Andrew's participation all bets are off. That's the reason for the banishment. Period. The Queen has to be seen to be taking measures consistent with the seriousness the bankers feel it warrants. Not just bankers, but the heavy duty multinational British, moneybags. Andrew is expendable. They have been damned patient. ER 2 especially has been. But enough is enough and Charles is definitely in charge.

by Anonymousreply 226December 1, 2019 11:49 PM

[quote]Of course, dear, you "normally" hate little climbers like Meghan, except when other people call her out for it and miraculously turn into "haters".

Well I'll be quite honest and frank; What I mostly see, (and, sadly even here on DL), are posters who aren't criticizing Merkel because they believe that she is a social climber, gold digger, or money grubber. The criticism that I have seen and read (and again, sadly even here on DL) is because she is black.

While I am the OP of this particular thread, I tend to no longer read the royal threads here on DL because of a lot of the "not so nice" and obviously racist comments. I started this thread because I was just FLOORED by how everyone is throwing Andrew under the bus! But, if Muriel wishes to delete this thread then I don't have a problem with that decision at all.

by Anonymousreply 227December 1, 2019 11:52 PM

I don't know how we can believe Virginia when she said the Prince was very sweaty and smelled funny. Does that sound like a Royal?

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2019 11:55 PM

[quote]The criticism that I have seen and read (and again, sadly even here on DL) is because she is black.

link please. I've been floored myself. In all my years at DL, so many overt accusations of racism, with little to no examples to back it up.

Over-the-top or at times exaggerated, 99.9% of critiques of the DoS rotate around her being social climbing, obtuse, or generally self-centered. Which is to say: social climbing, obtuse, or generally self-centered. Sometimes plain speaking is just that.

by Anonymousreply 229December 2, 2019 12:02 AM

Shoo to miss warwick @ R225. The vilest poster on DL. Ancient white man from Missouri. Scat queen and QUEEN of the RACISTS. Delete this thread.

by Anonymousreply 230December 2, 2019 12:07 AM

It bears repeating:

[quote] This thread has clearly attracted the low-iq crazies. Please stay here and don't pollute the other threads.

by Anonymousreply 231December 2, 2019 12:10 AM

R227 - Angela Merkel is black?!

by Anonymousreply 232December 2, 2019 12:14 AM

[quote] This thread has clearly attracted the low-iq crazies. Please stay here and don't pollute the other threads.

Say it thrice

by Anonymousreply 233December 2, 2019 12:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 2, 2019 12:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 2, 2019 12:32 AM

[quote]Shoo to miss warwick @ [R225]. The vilest poster on DL.

Racist! invoking "Miss Warwick" is coded language. she is a strong, talented black entertainment trailblazer, not an object of derision. Webmaster!

by Anonymousreply 236December 2, 2019 12:49 AM

START YOUR OWN FUCKING THREAD, SPARKLE OBSESSIVES!!!

This thread is about Andrew.

What's his social status now? Are all the best people cutting him dead, or cancelling plans to be anywhere near him?

by Anonymousreply 237December 2, 2019 12:57 AM

I stand corrected about the princess’s full name (I was typing fast in a car) and yes, she was gorgeous. Still is. Seen below a some years ago at a Swedish royal wedding, wearing her mother’s convertible amethyst tiara/necklace set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 2, 2019 6:48 PM

Jesus, those sapphires . . .

by Anonymousreply 239December 2, 2019 6:58 PM

Only the most ancient and white of gay men would find R238 "gorgeous." She's an even featured chubby white woman with a potato nose, crooked teeth and t i n y blue eyes. Most ordinary appearing gal. Attractive. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 240December 2, 2019 10:55 PM

Well, by now the televised interview with Prince Andrew's accuser is over and done with. Curious to know what the reactions were. I suppose all our Europeens are sleeping. Daily Mail has some great shots of Andrew Ghislaine Maxwell, and Jeffrey Epstein at the Royal Ascot in 2000. Also e-mails from Andrew to Ghislaine . Andrew, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 241December 3, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote] “He is the most hideous dancer I’ve ever seen in my life. I mean, it was horrible, and this guy was sweating all over me, his sweat was like — it was raining, basically, everywhere. And I was just like grossed out from it"

You can't deny that has the ring of lived truth.

by Anonymousreply 242December 3, 2019 12:36 PM

Meanwhile, an email has emerged this week, buried in thousands of U.S. legal documents, that was sent by the prince in January 2015 to his long-time friend Ghislaine Maxwell, who was a close associate of Epstein's. In it, the duke said: "Let me know when we can talk. Got some specific questions to ask you about Virginia Roberts."

But, he doesn’t know her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 3, 2019 12:49 PM

R242 - A woman who was resorting to his atrocious dancing doesn't have a legal case and knows it, and frankly, it sounds rather desperate, as does the, "I'm asking the British people to stand up with me . . ."

That isn't the strategy of anyone with a case, and lessens her authenticity as a serious witness with proof of a serious crime.

In fact, I'm rather betting that after the interview, the BRF breathed a sigh of relief at how clear she has made it that she has nothing, and that's why they issued the denial immediately.

"He said/she said" isn't proof of anything in legal terms.

by Anonymousreply 244December 3, 2019 12:49 PM

R244 What part of "it is illegal to traffic underaged girls, even if it's only for the purpose of holding hands" don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 245December 3, 2019 1:14 PM

R245-it's completely illegal and morally repugnant, but the problem is there isn't anything that would stand up in a court of law beyond reasonable doubt. I fully believe the woman, but there is zero incontrovertible proof against Andrew. It's he said/she said, and while I find what she said compelling, there isn't enough for a jury to throw Andrew into the clink. It's utterly lamentable, but there we are. And honestly, it's delicious that Andrew has lost everything that's important to him-his public persona that included all the forelock tugging and yes, m'lording, Your Royal Highness, and the position that allowed him to grift off shady Saudis. That's his sentence, and I'm here for it.

by Anonymousreply 246December 3, 2019 2:19 PM

R244-That's pretty much it. What exactly does she expect the British public to do? Public opinion has already resulted in his essentially being fired from the Firm. There isn't enough to press criminal charges. What does think the public can do? Aside from prurient interest, there's not a thing the average person in the street can do.

by Anonymousreply 247December 3, 2019 5:10 PM

Yeah, Andrew won't stand trial, his birth will protect him from that as long as there's no absolute proof being spread all over the internet.

Being booted out of the royal family and a diminished social status is all the punishment he'll face, and he'd damn well better realize how lucky he is to get off with that. Look what happened to Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 248December 3, 2019 5:38 PM

A child of the Queen is not going to be brought to trial for anything.

by Anonymousreply 249December 3, 2019 6:20 PM

Season 6 and 7 The Crown is going to be SO GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 250December 3, 2019 6:33 PM

And he still gets to live a life of unimagined privilege.

by Anonymousreply 251December 3, 2019 6:39 PM

The brother of the next king isn't going to be brought to trial for anything.

by Anonymousreply 252December 3, 2019 6:40 PM

r249. Princess Anne would have been but she plead guilty. Nonetheless she was convicted of a crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 3, 2019 6:45 PM

R245 - And what part of "where is the proof that Andrew trafficked the girls or knew they were trafficked or had sex with them" don't you understand?

What parts of "New York State is the venue" "beyond a reasonable doubt" and "no grand jury indictment in New York without which no D.A. with a brain would take the case" do you not understand?

We're talking about the way the justice system functions here. Without PROOF there is no case, without a case there is no conviction, and without a conviction, in any legal sense of the word, Andrew is innocent.

The evidence has to rise to a certain standard in criminal court. If she has proof that the D.A.'s office felt rose to that standard that Andrew participated in trafficking, or knew a woman he had sex with had been trafficked or was under age - we'd all know it by now, including said D.A.'s office.

You just cannot seem to grasp the difference between accusations in the media and PROOF that rises to the standard necessary to obtain a grand jury indictment, a warrant for extradition, hold a trial, and obtain a conviction.

If you're still in any doubt of the difference, I suggest you read up on The State of California v. Orenthal James Simpson.

by Anonymousreply 254December 3, 2019 6:56 PM

"Without PROOF there is no case, without a case there is no conviction, and without a conviction, in any legal sense of the word, Andrew is innocent. "

We know that, R254.

But we aren't a jury, we and the rest of the Internet ARE the Court of Public Opinion, and our standards are very different from that of a court of law. TCoPO is a real thing and very dangerous, even the Bloody Royal Family fears us. And whining about legal standards and proof doesn't make any difference to our verdict.

by Anonymousreply 255December 3, 2019 7:02 PM

The Guardian called Giuffre's TV interview a 'triumph.' Though I myself am not sure what she meant by asking the English people to support her. Hold mass rallies against sex trafficking in front of Buckingham Palace?

by Anonymousreply 256December 3, 2019 7:07 PM

Victim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 3, 2019 7:18 PM

"...I myself am not sure what she meant by asking the English people to support her. Hold mass rallies against sex trafficking in front of Buckingham Palace? "

I think she's asking people not to call her a liar and a whore and to pick apart everything she's ever said and scream about the tiniest inconsistencies, as the internet usually does to people who accuse others of sexually predatory behavior.

by Anonymousreply 258December 3, 2019 7:27 PM

God, I'm almost 5 minutes into that interview at R96 and can't watch any more. He makes my skin crawl.

by Anonymousreply 259December 3, 2019 8:49 PM

Does he have a [italic]black eye[/italic] in the r175 photo?

by Anonymousreply 260December 5, 2019 4:06 AM

Jim Can Swim, the fascinating youtube criminal psychologist or everyday psychopath himself, breaks it all down for you. Check out his other videos. He's very intelligent and knowledgeable. His narration is old school crime show mesmerizing all by itself. I'm a fan. Andrew won't be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 7, 2019 7:25 AM

Appears to me Andrew is the designated fall guy. A big name to throw overboard but not who is actually that important in himself. The hookers he is said to have been with all seemed to have acted without coercion and more importantly were of legal age to make that decision.

Meanwhile there is strict radio silence about the girls who were actually underage, and the powerful men they entertained.

by Anonymousreply 262December 7, 2019 8:41 AM

I simply cannot get past OP's red-tag

by Anonymousreply 263December 7, 2019 8:49 AM

What red tag? I changed my settings to delicate and now see he is grayed out but I see no red tag with it.

by Anonymousreply 264December 7, 2019 10:13 AM

I suggest Mr. Ray’s Wig World.

by Anonymousreply 265December 7, 2019 10:59 AM

OP's tag:

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 266December 7, 2019 8:42 PM

That's not the OP's tag, that's a generic placeholder put in place by the web masters for everytime anyone posts a link to the UK Independent online. They have some kind of gripe with that particular publication and block all links to it this way.

by Anonymousreply 267December 7, 2019 11:11 PM

Why not examine the reporting beyond the OP's link anyway? There's plenty of it. Use your own eyes and ears and watch the damn 45 minute interview. R263 is a contrary defender of sexual predators who were once members of the Royal Family. Prince Andrew isn't the fall guy. He jumped.

by Anonymousreply 268December 7, 2019 11:17 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 7, 2019 11:50 PM

Andrew a protective father? Sure! That is why he hosted a bday party for 18 year old Bea and invited Epstein (already under investigation), Weinstein and Maxwell.

Wholesome! Love her mask like she is at a Rothschild party - do the depraved elite wear them often?

These photos are astonishing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 8, 2019 2:18 AM

[quote] it's completely illegal and morally repugnant, but the problem is there isn't anything that would stand up in a court of law

why are you just nattering on and on and on about a court of law? If it comes down to it, the royal family will make settlements. They don't want this and all of andrew's other crimes, but more importantly his other money grubbing activities to be exposed

if the Windsors had more than one brain cell between all of them combined, they would have paid this woman off over a decade ago and none of this would be happening. Instead it looks like the queen mum's grandchildren are going to be the end of the monarchy

by Anonymousreply 271December 8, 2019 2:32 AM

R270 And NOBODY in the royal family or on their staff had any inkling of these people's reputations or predilections. After the queen they really need to dump Creep Charles and the rest of these buggers. They can't seem to resist competing with Catholic church in moral depravity and hypocrisy. They want the fabulous lifestyle but willfully don't want to extend any responsibility for it as it is their entitlement as royals. Fuck anybody beneath them. And if they want to vacuum up trash to join them let them all take a raft out to sea and then sink it. Hospitals and senior centers can open themselves without ribbons, flowers and plaster of Paris smiles.

by Anonymousreply 272December 8, 2019 1:02 PM

R262 gets 3 upvotes and I got ripped a new one for saying the very same thing on another thread.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 273December 8, 2019 2:53 PM

Let it slide off you, R273. I can't tell you how many times I say something and two or three comments later someone says the same thing and gets all the upvotes. I don't get it either. That's how women must feel in meetings when recommend something, nobody listens and then a male colleague says the same thing and gets all the credit.

by Anonymousreply 274December 8, 2019 2:56 PM

R273 I'll rip you again. It's called white slavery. And at 17 she was frightened and she was a minor. She was coerced by Maxwell and Epstein. My god your stupidity is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 275December 8, 2019 3:33 PM

Though I'll concede it's the tip of the iceberg with even nastier stuff being hidden.

by Anonymousreply 276December 8, 2019 3:38 PM

That's the thing about involving yourself with criminals or criminal activity, you run the risk of a being a fall guy

And stupid andrew just wants to double down of his fucking absolute stupidity (that despicable BBC interview wasn't enough) and attend Christmas church services with his mother and the rest of his terrible family. When asked if he is attending church services on Christmas, a Buckingham Palace spokesman told The Times: 'The Duke of York is still a part of the royal family and you can expect to see him at family occasions.'

by Anonymousreply 277December 8, 2019 4:23 PM

R275, please direct your irrational anger at R262.

And get some help before you shoot up a Wal-Mart.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 278December 9, 2019 1:51 AM

Your the one who needs the help if you agree that Giuffre willingly had sex with Andrew and is now out for a paycheck. I can't help but think your attitudes seems to align with those of feral pigs. I think you would be more inclined to shoot up a high school.

by Anonymousreply 279December 9, 2019 5:12 AM

For those who haven't guessed, R279 is the loony Megstan who attacks and belittles anyone who doesn't agree with him. He describes himself as a "handsome, talented and loving man," but also describes his wife's bedroom.

Okayyyyyyy....

by Anonymousreply 280December 9, 2019 5:57 AM

"why are you just nattering on and on and on about a court of law? If it comes down to it, the royal family will make settlements. "

Again, this case is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion.

by Anonymousreply 281December 9, 2019 7:00 AM

The media was saying Andrew and Charles were going to have a face to face meeting once Charles returned from NZ. I haven't head that this has happened yet.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2019 7:09 AM

R282 Keep up. My take away from this story is that I'm pleased and surprised that Philip is still functional enough to issue a dressing-down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Wow...

Even the daddy has stepping in on this? Wow....

Betty must be bustin' a corset.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 9, 2019 11:28 AM

[quote]Even the daddy has stepping in on this?

I'm so stunned. I can't even compose and write a proper sentence!

by Anonymousreply 285December 9, 2019 11:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!