Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Kanye West Opera: Nebuchadnezzar!

[quote]Kanye compared Nebuchadnezzar to himself, saying, “He looked at his entire kingdom and said, ‘I did this.’ And God said, ‘Oh for real? You did this?’” He continued, “Sounds kind of similar right? I’m standing on the tip of the mountain talking abut Yeezus, saying ‘I did this!’ That I’m a God. And I could talk to Jesus at the end of my show.”

Lavarious Slaughter wept.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 7:59 AM

The Kult Of Kanye won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2019 6:57 AM

Thanks to R1 I just pictured the Heaven's Gate photos only instead of black sweatpants, purple shrouds, and black Nikes they'll be wearing fleshtone bike shorts, Margiela masks, and algae Yeezys.

I should have mentioned at OP that the real drama starts at 9:30. When driftwood on wheels is rolled out, you know it's serious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2019 7:32 AM

Mental illness is a terrible thing

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2019 2:18 PM

He is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2019 2:27 PM

NURSE!

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2019 3:20 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2019 4:10 PM

Jezaz H Christ I hope that all came out of his own pocket.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2019 4:15 PM

I never miss a Kanye West opera!

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Come get your boy Kim

"A number were disappointed by the show, Pitchfork reports, telling the website they expected more of West's music. But another said: 'I really loved it and I have a newfound respect for Kanye I’m going to start attending Sunday Service.'

Classical music critic Mark Swed told The LA Times: 'What this Nebuchadnezzar lacked was a strong or original point of view other than mere description.'

Pop music critic Mikael Wood added: 'If this thing had a story, it was pretty hard to tell. The problem for Kanye, of course, is that when he wants to be, he’s a great rapper — by turns funny, profane, sentimental and energizing.

'But this didn’t allow much of his gift to come through. Perhaps he’ll stick with opera and put more of himself in the next one. After all, who’s more operatic a pop star?'"

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2019 4:22 PM

How many IKEA bags had to die for this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2019 5:06 PM

So any 1st hand reviews? Was it any good? Fun?

At least Kanye is creative and has balls to get his work out there.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2019 5:24 PM

Hi Kris R11

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2019 5:40 PM

Rob, stay locked in your room, it’s almost over!

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2019 5:47 PM

And a new production will be shat out tomorrow. This time it's...

MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2019 10:40 AM

You can tell what God thinks of money based on who he gives it to...

by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2019 12:00 PM

When the megalomania turns religious, it’s not good.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2019 12:17 PM

Kanye-Go-Away?

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2019 12:28 PM

Hope he tries to walk on water.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2019 12:33 PM

Isn’t it interesting how he doesn’t exist without highjacking already established institutions and industries?

I think he thinks he actually came up with Opera, Church, Fashion, Politics, Rap...

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2019 12:37 PM

The moment he decided to sing Bohemian Rapsody (to be ridiculed everywhere) you know this man has no realistic concept of himself or his talents.

This is not going to end well

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2019 12:44 PM

Kanye is a schizo. He reads a bit of the bible and think he is the only person on Earth that had read them passages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 7, 2019 12:45 PM

The should stop sending their music critics to these events and ignore him. They're just enabling him.

by Anonymousreply 22December 7, 2019 12:50 PM

Wow! Had no idea he attempted BR, R20.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 7, 2019 1:13 PM

People Who Should Get Cancer & Die 2020.

by Anonymousreply 24December 7, 2019 6:20 PM

I really like the irony of the title of the youtube video.

To sing something the great Freddy Mercury sung you need vocal chops something that poor Kanye obviously doesn't have

by Anonymousreply 25December 7, 2019 6:43 PM

It's not even an opera. It would be more correctly described as an oratorio if you could consider it music.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2019 5:54 PM

His second "opera," MARY," opened in Miami last Sunday. Haven't seen any reviews but the Daily Mail published an article where Kanye and all the supporting cast are wearing dramatic silver caftans and silver hand and face make-up.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 27December 12, 2019 6:01 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 28December 12, 2019 6:04 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 29December 12, 2019 6:04 AM

i did not post MARY! three times. DL did.

by Anonymousreply 30December 12, 2019 6:08 AM

Meanwhile, here are other shots of Kenya performing in MARY.

by Anonymousreply 31December 12, 2019 6:17 AM

Kenya as Mary.

by Anonymousreply 32December 12, 2019 6:22 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 12, 2019 6:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 12, 2019 6:32 AM

Was going to post several more outrageous photos of Kenya as Mary but my postings seem to be all fu*ked up tonight even though i finally registerd. Sorry. Try doing an image search for "Kenya Mary Miami" They are already hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 35December 12, 2019 6:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 12, 2019 6:55 AM

Whenever Kanye starts explaining himself, his warped view of the world - or ignorantly speaks as an authority on anything - he reminds me of Kristy from Intervention explaining her “meth-matics”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2019 6:59 AM

I had no idea what was to come with MARY! but I guess I wasn't very far off when I invoked Lavarious Slaughter. For those who don't remember, he was responsible for a stage production of the Wiz so bad that it made the news when the audience demanded refunds (unsuccessfully, it turned out).

The tin man wore smeared silver makeup, a plastic sauna suit, and carried a long-handled medieval axe straight from the Halloween aisle at Walmart.

Unfortunately, all of the audience videos have been taken down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2019 7:46 AM

The Arrival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2019 7:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2019 7:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!