Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rich Juzwiak Accused of Sexual Harassment By Men of Color

You will be hearing about this in the coming days or weeks. Rich Juzwiak, who pretends he owns the gay community and preaches to others about being "woke" is facing accusations of sexual harassment from four former Gawker Media and Univision employees. Three of them are men of color. All of them claim they lost their jobs when confronting Rich or human resources. I guess karma is real.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2020 2:54 PM

Chicken hawks coming home to roost

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2019 1:14 AM

He co signed the hateful article that called Pete Buttigieg " Mary Pete". I hope that a hole goes DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2019 1:15 AM

Couldn't happen to a more narcissistic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2019 1:16 AM

He is tedious and this doesn’t surprise me in the least

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2019 1:20 AM

Are you the same person claiming Adam Driver was next?

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2019 1:29 AM

Jesus fucking Christ, he’s a professional writer/editor/journalist (?) and this is how he presents himself? Like the Slate travel slut and the Marketplace money slut. This is all part of the same complex that gives us Trump. Everything everywhere is powered by narcissism today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2019 1:33 AM

LOL no. I have nothing to do with Adam Driver. I just know what's going on in the media and courts. This story is actually not new, but it is about to become open.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2019 1:33 AM

This would make me so happy if true. That guy is a worm who constantly recycles the same stories about sex parties, and the commentariat on Jezebel all know that and they HATE his guts.

And to think I actually read his stuff back when he was married and had interesting things to say. It's as if leaving his guy and becoming a common slut robbed him of all thoughtfulness. The middle-age crisis for the ages. Can't wait to see karma curbstomp this vile creature.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2019 1:35 AM

It has been alleged that Rich took part in a scheme to take down the film "A Star is Born" because he thought Mariah Carey's Glitter deserved better. REALLY! There is a picture of him he posted with a Mariah Carey shirt somewhere. I don't want to look for it again or post it cause I may barf.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2019 1:35 AM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? What's your problem? I mean really, what's your damn problem?

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2019 1:36 AM

This was posted back in June, but some (including myself) didn't take it seriously. It doesn't state all the facts correctly. But it ends up being true, and I think it's possible Yashar Ali is going to be the one to break the real story VERY soon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2019 1:39 AM

R6 you must be over 45 because most people nowadays have thirst photos on instagram or twitter. Everyone.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2019 1:39 AM

R6 - who are the Slate "travel slut" and the Marketplace "money slut"??

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2019 1:39 AM

Rich's mother Norma went to prison about a decade ago. She was a pharmacist at ACME in New Jersey, I think. She stole illegal drugs (Ritalin or Adderall?) and sold them on the streets. Rich himself is a huge narcissist. It's about time his karma comes back to get him.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2019 1:48 AM

I remember when Rich became extremely angry that Madonna fans were criticizing Mariah Carey. He then wrote this "review" for Pitchfork of Madame X. Now, I could care less about the album, but this review is....well, you decide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2019 1:57 AM

This guy manages to be both punchable and pathetic at the same time...

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2019 1:58 AM

I'm sorry, I know this is serious and all, but I kind of laughed with the article when it says he called one of the men Cocoa smoothie. That was the nickname my boyfriend used himself when we met.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2019 1:59 AM

He would always write the most inanely self-involved pieces for gawker about being a promiscuous gay man in Manhattan.

"Here I am and I'm about to be a huge slut at an orgy in NYC... I hope I can excuse myself from what I will do because I am aware of the irony here that I, an intellectual, am reduced to being a mere body among other bodies... oh, but maybe the irony is not enough and I should not be here... or maybe I should just let loose my inner whore... well, I did it, and was just a hole being used, but I am still ironic and thoughtful about it that i can forgive myself..."

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2019 2:21 AM

? QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2019 2:26 AM

Rich and Brian Moylan thrive on being cunts for cunting's sake.

They were, are and will always be unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2019 2:30 AM

Why is the author trying to imply that Juzwiak is racist because the guys he sexually harassed were Black? It actually implies the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2019 2:38 AM

"[italic] Rich's biggest targets are female pop stars who he thinks present "competition" towards Mariah Carey[/italic] "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote] [bold]most people nowadays[/bold] have thirst photos on instagram or twitter.[bold] Everyone.[/bold]

Nope.

Just asserting something does not make it true.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2019 2:46 AM

He has a nice solid available body and cowrote a funny column on "the best restaurant in New York" for Gawker. Rich, I demand you stop harassing men of color and go back to writing about restaurants and sex parties!

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2019 3:04 AM

Interesting about his mom because he seemed totally normal and likable until around the time you're saying his mother went to the clink. And then he and his longtime partner split and he became a sex and drug addict and completely obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2019 3:09 AM

This Bernie Bro defended that homophobic article in New Republic on Pete written by Dale Peck. Haha. After Beto, Castro , Swalwell , Dale Peck etc Pete claims his innumerable victim. Who is next ? Ryan Grim ?

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] He has a nice solid available body

Well, that much is true. Especially "available."

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2019 3:28 AM

I hate Juzwiak with a passion. He is an absolute troll. And his mother was put in prison for illegally selling psych meds. That's when Juzwiak snapped.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2019 5:41 AM

I can't with this one. 🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2019 5:46 AM

Rich used to be on Adam4Adam. I thought he was really good looking (this was 2006 or 2007). He told me right away "No Asians"! I so wish I had taken a screen shot.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2019 5:53 AM

[quote]Jesus fucking Christ, he’s a professional writer/editor/journalist (?) and this is how he presents himself?

Because your dick will always call the shots over your brain.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2019 5:54 AM

Seems like every gay man who gets a dream job—writing for major publications, even The New York Times, for example—ultimately shows through social media that he realizes at some point all he really ever wanted to be was an actual whore, selling his body to strangers.

Go stand in a window in the red light district if that’s what you want to do with your life.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2019 10:54 AM

I can’t imagine ever hiring Rich Juzwiak. He’s an overt narcissist and social climber and user of people, potentially even an abuser. But from NYU through to his media career, he’s another example like Trump and so many others that self-aggrandizing sociopaths are made for this country: they profess their own greatness, they demand what they say they deserve and people bow down to them and hand over those things. Despite the person above who says that “everyone” shows themselves off naked on social media—no, they do not. Maybe everyone Millennial age or younger does. I don’t know. I belong to Gen X, and I retain this ***insane*** and clearly fanciful notion of rewarding people for their merits, not for telling you that they are superior and deserve things and not for going to CrossFit classes and flashing their naked bodies at you or broadcasting them online. Gen X has become known sort of as a quiet generation of people who keep to ourselves. That may be simply because we have a lower-than-is-now-common preponderance of self-entitled exhibitionists.

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2019 11:08 AM

[quote] Why is the author trying to imply that Juzwiak is racist because the guys he sexually harassed were Black? It actually implies the opposite.

So true. It's just like me. I only grabbed pussies because I LOVED women. I am not a sexist!

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2019 11:14 AM

Troll thread. OP posting many of the "replies" to his own posts. And the telegra.ph link? That's not journalism, that's a bathroom wall. Look OP -- you've got a problem with the guy, take it to the gutter where it belongs.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2019 11:23 AM

I remember him writing numerous articles about his relationship with his then partner, in spite of his partner’s requests not to do so and also ignoring commenters who were expressing their concerns about his writings. The guy doesn’t give a fuck about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2019 11:29 AM

More pics?

He looks really hot.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2019 11:32 AM

As much as I dislike Rich, I'm having trouble believing elements of these stories. I can totally buy that Denton-owned, pre-unionized, Rich&AJ-are-roomies Gawker would chase someone out the door for complaining about Rich (not a good cultural fit, you see). But that era of Gawker didn't have many men of color around. Cord Jefferson was there, but he left for a better job (NYT) and he was too busy sexually harassing women to complain about Rich to HR.

Rich lost his favorite son status when Denton sold the place and the only reason he kept his job through the transition was because of the union. If he thought he could get a better gig, I'm sure he'd have taken last summer's buyout offer. He's stuck at the ladyblog.

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2019 11:42 AM

I used to like him in his early days (which R24 describes somewhat). He was less narcissistic and more down to earth then. He definitely changed later, became meaner and angrier. It’s interesting what people are implying about his mom going to prison for selling anti-psych drugs around the time this change occured.

Anyway, he seems like the vile sort of white gay male who loudly proclaims his wokeness while being a total racist shit (“no Asians”) in private, who bleats “it gets better!” to queer teens on SM, but turns around and shuns fellow gay men irl for not having gym bodies or wearing “the right” clothes or being over 50. Assholes like this deserve to be exposed for what they really are.

by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2019 11:51 AM

I liked his “fourfour” blog that made fun of ANTM and Project Runway. That’s all I ever liked about him. His face is very attractive in my eyes, but he is not attractive to me at all because of his undeserved arrogance and apparent sociopathy.

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2019 11:55 AM

Sorry, I'm not American so perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but why is it significant that the men he is accused of sexually harassing were "men of colour" and not white?

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2019 12:03 PM

He looks guilty. No need for a trial folks.

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2019 12:07 PM

R41 Because men of color belong to a lower social order. Harassing them, harming them is socially sanctioned here even though many of us struggle to acknowledge it and some still do not see it (mostly people who live in areas that are not mixed and therefore they don’t witness it regularly). Romantic pursuit and sexual aggression are not necessarily the same thing; sexual harassment at work and race-based harassment at work are a kind of exploitation of especially vulnerable people. If Rich were to sexually harass a straight white man in the office, then Rich would be fired. If Rich were to sexually harass a gay white man, then Rich may or may not be fired. If Rich instead were to prey upon black men, then the black men would be more vulnerable to dismissal should they say anything, just as when women blow the whistle about their harassment and get fired for it. The factors that go into deciding who to discipline are not always conscious on the parts of those who do the firing—but they are always more likely to side with the people with whom they identify most and who have the greatest social currency. If Rich’s employer thought of him as a hot commodity who gets people reading and talking, then just like NBC kept Matt Lauer, Gawker would decide to keep Rich on the grounds that he has greater worth. Like Lauer, Rich would be cued to understand that he holds the power and is protected by those in authority, and like any predator, his predation would become more aggressive assured that he will get away with it and feeling antagonized by anyone daring to make him feel vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2019 12:37 PM

Lol this is a fake thread. All the post are by OP.

And I thought we had some juicy gossip here.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2019 12:50 PM

Lol this is a fake thread. All the post are by OP.

And I thought we had some juicy gossip here.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2019 12:50 PM

Because white supremacy is a real thing, R41. Might want to make a note of that for future reference.

Where are you from?

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2019 1:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2019 1:17 PM

[quote]So true. It's just like me. I only grabbed pussies because I LOVED women. I am not a sexist!

And I had sex with black women because I LOVED them

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2019 2:47 PM

Idiots who equate fetishism or just mere attraction as evidence of someone holding equitable or fair views of POC are, well, idiots. Plenty of men hate women but still love fucking them. And let’s not even get into self-loathing closet cases who have gay sex on the downlow but publicly bash gay people at every chance. So how does fucking black people equate to treating them fairly? Answer: it does not, so stop spreading that myth.

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2019 3:15 PM

Some dumbasses still haven't gotten the message that sexual harassment is about power. Some of you are such idiots like Trump who responds to some of the women who accuse him of it as being "not hot enough" to sexually-harass.

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2019 3:29 PM

[quote]Why is the author trying to imply that Juzwiak is racist because the guys he sexually harassed were Black? It actually implies the opposite.

Chook's been accused of raping a Japanese tourist, which is ridiculous...Chook HATES the Japanese!!

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2019 3:45 PM

^LOL

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2019 3:47 PM

Is he still dating that human petri dish, the go-go dancer who's pushing 40?

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2019 6:26 PM

"This Bernie Bro defended that homophobic article in New Republic on Pete written by Dale Peck."

If you think THAT'S homophobic, get a load of this recent advice column in which Gender Juice-guzzling Rich vows to "interrogate" himself because vulvas are just "so convenient compared to anal stuff," says gay men "need to grow up" if they say "ew" to vaginas, but then reluctantly admits "I'm way more into dick." (Duh!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2019 7:15 PM

FFS, what *is* it with this push to shame gay men into giving FTM pussy a try? We're seeing that on DL from time to time as well.

It makes little sense too, because if it's allegedly so great, wouldn't you just want it for yourself and not encourage competition for it?

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2019 7:26 PM

I am the original poster of this thread. I only have responded 3 times. I'm not sure if a troll is writing fake things, but I know I am not. I linked to that article at telegra.ph because it has some correct information. I didn't initially write this thread in June cause I didn't believe the site either. This story is going to break very soon. And Rich will be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2019 9:44 PM

He's a dickhead. True or not, he doesn't have a problem writing hit pieces on everybody. He even supported Dale Peck's hit piece on "Mary Pete"

by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2019 10:18 PM

Why does everyone publish him??? Ugh. He’s a narcissist. Everything he writes is about himself. I am so annoyed by people like him who seem to have writing work handed to them on platters while everyone else has to beg for work.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2019 12:31 AM

R40, I too liked fourfour and the ANTM recaps, plus he (or his then boyfriend) had a very cute cat named Winston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2019 12:38 AM

I still wanna know who the Slate and Marketplace "sluts" are that R6 referenced.

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2019 2:05 AM

R60 Thirsty Daily Beast travel writer slut. He gets paid to...stay in hotels. And undress. And...uh, to “write.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2019 2:08 AM

Damn, he's purty^

He's a 9. One point off for the narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2019 2:09 AM

R60 Thirsty Marketplace (public radio) reporter, formerly of local DC NPR. Currently working overtime as an Instaho who wears as little as possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2019 2:11 AM

Clearly, I shoulda gone to J-school.

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2019 2:16 AM

R61 - he's quite handsome, I'll give him that. Though, I actually think he looks better clothed.

Also, R63, I am seriously laughing because, ummm... I know R63. Or did for a weekend in Provincetown at least. For some reason, I was thinking of some CNBC show but now I realize you're referring to that NPR show. Anyway, I'll just say R63 is very talented and... does not have social anxiety in... group settings.

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2019 2:18 AM

R65 So basically you’re saying he’s as much of a pass-around slut as he presents himself to be on social media. SHOCKER.

Did he charge much?

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Did someone say J-school?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2019 2:21 AM

Here he is on his off time from being a pass-around party bottom, as Andy Cohen would say (and as I’m sure Andy has called him that after “knowing” him in Provincetown for a weekend).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2019 2:23 AM

Damn, are all reporters actual whores?

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2019 2:24 AM

I don't understand what R49 is talking about, and I won't respond to it

by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2019 2:25 AM

R66 - ha. I don't think he has a side-hustle. It was last summer (2018, so it's now a bit of a blur), but he actually seemed very smart and had a sharp sense of humor as I recall. Saw him and his air b-n-b housemates at a bar one night and I got some liquid courage and struck up a conversation. He kinda lit up when he found out we both had family from Tunisia. I wouldn't be surprised if he was highly functioning aspie, but, regardless, nice guy, pretty good in the sack and, well, not a lot of hangups. Which is perfect in a place like that.

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote]So how does fucking black people equate to treating them fairly?

Exactly. Ask Strom Thurmond's daughter who was born out of him fucking a teen, black maid.

The fuckhead literally went from Dixiecrat to the GOP because the Dems were no longer the party of racism and slavery. For fuck sake, how dumb must you be to think having sex -a primal need- involves your mind?

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2019 2:29 AM

[quote] he's quite handsome, I'll give him that.

Not even close, sugar.

He has major

APEFACE.

But: he has a decent body, I will give him that.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2019 2:30 AM

R71 Interesting. Did he mention his longtime boyfriend?

And does he have a big dick? Given how he puts himself out there, I imagine if he did he would just go straight for porn.

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2019 2:33 AM

Well, R71?

by Anonymousreply 75November 26, 2019 2:47 AM

R73 - really? He's got an okay, kinda scrawny body, but I think he's quite handsome. Different strokes, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 26, 2019 2:57 AM

R74 - I'm cruising into my very late 30s. My memory isn't what it was. Also, I might've had a drink or two that night. I'm not 100% sure if he had a BF or if it was just a friend with benefits that he seemed to be closer to than the other guys, but I do recall him spending most of his time with another guy who seemed a little older, lithe, but muscular, beautiful tan... I think. That guy, BF or not, didn't participate, but he did watch.

And, no, not big, just average. He's vers. At least he was that night.

by Anonymousreply 77November 26, 2019 3:01 AM

[quote]I liked his “fourfour” blog that made fun of ANTM and Project Runway. That’s all I ever liked about him.

Back then, he was the one who did the supercut of Liza on home shopping ("Hi, Georgia!"). He's been useless ever since.

by Anonymousreply 78November 26, 2019 3:02 AM

R77 Cum slut?

by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2019 3:03 AM

R50 it may be about power, but... It's also about sex

by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2019 3:03 AM

R79 - couldn't say. Not that night. Everyone I interacted with wore a condom. Myself included.

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2019 3:04 AM

R81 Good. Glad he’s smart enough to do that at least.

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2019 3:06 AM

Sex is about power, just like rape.

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2019 3:10 AM

R59 I wonder if Winston is still with us!

He also created this gem.

Life used to be simpler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2019 3:16 AM

R82 presumably that was before PrEP. Pretty sure he's written articles since then on barebacking and taking loads and cumguzzling.

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2019 3:22 AM

R85 --- R81 and R82's comments weren't regarding Rich.

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2019 3:39 AM

he's hot AF. He can sidle up and check out my dick as much as he wants.

by Anonymousreply 87November 26, 2019 3:48 AM

Do you also have a thing for Kevin Spacey, r87?

by Anonymousreply 88November 26, 2019 4:05 AM

Rich Jew-Ziak?

They're really handing it to the Q-Anon crazies on a plate.

by Anonymousreply 89November 26, 2019 7:09 AM

R81 Funny, for some reason his pictures make me feel like Sabri is a cum-hungry swallower who likes nothing more than a bukkake facial. Half his Instagram photos show him surrounded by nearly naked gym rats. He and Aaron Schock present themselves the same way online. It makes me think he is a totally superficial slut, if not a prostitute. He doesn’t appear to have a single friend or acquaintance who doesn’t live in a gym, walk around naked at all times and presumably fuck him regularly.

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2019 10:52 AM

Can we keep this confined to Rich? I'm having a hard time parsing which Instaho we're discussing.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2019 11:01 AM

R91 Just assume all gay professional writers/journalists are soulless whores and everything will make sense. Doesn’t matter who we’re talking about. They’re all narcissistic sluts.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Here, here! R92

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2019 11:03 AM

Rich Juzwiak has always been a self-obsessed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2019 5:14 PM

[quote]Here, here!

Oh...dere.

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Doh! A dear.

by Anonymousreply 96November 26, 2019 9:49 PM

What a bunch of slutz

by Anonymousreply 97November 27, 2019 9:35 AM

R90 - I didn't say where we came. I just said we wore condoms.

by Anonymousreply 98November 28, 2019 12:10 AM

R98 Say where then.

by Anonymousreply 99November 28, 2019 12:11 AM

I mean, I didn't keep a diagram. But, ya know... everywhere. It's always better if you hold off for a few days, ya know.

by Anonymousreply 100November 28, 2019 12:27 AM

R100 And Monsieur Ben-Achour and his average cannon?

by Anonymousreply 101November 28, 2019 1:10 AM

Did Rich date Melissa Benoist?

by Anonymousreply 102November 28, 2019 3:50 AM

r102 No - they just had that podcast or videos on YT about smoking pot or something. It was around 2010 I think - I never saw the appeal but whatever. Rich is in the odd situation of apparently really wanting to be "sexually fluid" out of some weird combination of wokeness and self-loathing (remember the stoner editor at Gawker who was also his roomie and that embarassing blog post he wrote about their intense emotional bonding and how he had never been friends a straight guy before yada yada...) but he is the first to admit that he is strickly dickly despite his best efforts....

by Anonymousreply 103November 28, 2019 4:56 AM

So, when is this aspiring vulva enthusiast going down? If they've got the goods, what's the holdup?

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2019 3:10 AM

Yeah, nothing happened this week, OP. Was this just a big fantasy on your part?

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2019 3:35 AM

I doubt Rich would have the balls to try anything like this - despite his online sexual bravada, he comes across as deeply insecure...

by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2019 11:49 PM

Where is this expose

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2019 2:36 AM

This is why gay men will never be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2019 2:45 AM

Winston died in 2015. He seemed like a great cat, with an odd but funny, original personality. (So obviously Winston was Rich's then-boyfriend's cat.) After their breakup, there was a whole "thing" about visitation. The breakup must have been ugly because Rich was either not allowed to visit, or chose not to, depending on which story you wanted to believe. I believe Rich chose not to. For ages, people kept asking him about Winston. I never thought a grown man would get jealous over a cat, but Rich managed to, so he tried to distance himself...from a cat. The whole thing was just ridiculous.

He ended up getting his own cat who, much like Rich, was boring, and lacking in personality. Rich tried to make him happen for a while, but as with most things, he gave up.

I fucking hate that I know all of this.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2019 3:04 AM

R109, how do you know that? Good detective work or in the same circles?

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2019 12:12 PM

Still waiting...

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2019 12:44 PM

r110 No need for inside scoop - it was apparent from references in his blog posts and eventually commenters picked up on it - the gawker commentariat could be as vicious as DL.

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2019 2:30 PM

Still waiting for this big scoop to materialize...

by Anonymousreply 113December 12, 2019 7:15 PM

Once the Gawker writers crawled up Bernie Sanders' ass I stopped reading.

by Anonymousreply 114December 12, 2019 8:13 PM

Gawker started off fun, in a bitchy sort of way. Rich 's writing wasn't too bad initially. The problems started when these greasy cokeheads anointed themselves the moral hall monitors. Which was ridiculous considering they were a sleazy (and fairly mean spirited ) gossip site. Towards the end, most of their articles were sanctimonious finger wagging. I ditched the site completely when one of their writers became obsessed with that Kris Cavallari woman from the hills and would spam the site with 20 posts a day about her. It was actually a relief when Thiel put Gawker out of it's misery.

by Anonymousreply 115December 12, 2019 9:10 PM

500 Days of Kristen was one of Gawker Media's best trolls. Topped only by Deadspin's The Cardinals Lost a Game.

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2019 12:18 AM

What's Nick Denton up to now I wonder... His head must be enormous in person judging by how big it looks in pictures.

by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2019 1:07 AM

I want to hear more about Cord Jefferson harassing the ladies in the Gawker office.

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2019 10:21 PM

Interesting. His bff Tracie Egan Morrissey whom he did "Pot Psychology" also recently got the ax from Vice from what twitter rumors said was due to harassment as well.

by Anonymousreply 119December 13, 2019 10:54 PM

Cord is hot

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2019 12:06 AM

Cord Jefferson works on SUCCESSION now, I think.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2019 12:21 AM

r21 He is one of the writers for Watchman and is buddy buddy with Lindelof - he co-wrote the Hooded Justice episode. Of all the former Gawkerites, he seems to have done the best. I still can't believe he is straight...

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2019 12:49 AM

Anything ever come of this?

by Anonymousreply 123August 2, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]Of all the former Gawkerites, he seems to have done the best

I mean, Caity Weaver, after being told Gawker wouldn't promote her, landed at the Times.

by Anonymousreply 124August 2, 2020 3:29 AM

Did anything come of this? I enjoy Rich’s podcast and have chatted with him a bit IRL and on the apps.

by Anonymousreply 125August 2, 2020 3:39 AM

I knew I knew this guy's face! He had the Youtube channel with his adorable cat!!!!! This has to be 12-13 years ago. I vaguely remember watching it during the recession of 2008! Is that the guy!!!???

by Anonymousreply 126August 2, 2020 3:48 PM

His OnlyFans was a big disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 127August 2, 2020 3:49 PM

He didn't do only fans did he?

by Anonymousreply 128August 4, 2020 12:00 PM

[quote] and preaches to others about being "woke" is facing accusations of sexual harassmen

Isn't that always the case?

by Anonymousreply 129August 4, 2020 12:04 PM

I somehow missed this bag of crazy with Tracie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 4, 2020 12:11 PM

[quote]"This Bernie Bro defended that homophobic article in New Republic on Pete written by Dale Peck."

[quote]If you think THAT'S homophobic, get a load of this recent advice column in which Gender Juice-guzzling Rich vows to "interrogate" himself because vulvas are just "so convenient compared to anal stuff," says gay men "need to grow up" if they say "ew" to vaginas, but then reluctantly admits "I'm way more into dick." (Duh!)

He supported "Mary Pete" to shame Pete for liking the knob.

by Anonymousreply 131August 4, 2020 12:18 PM

He's not as interesting as he thinks he is. His pieces are too long. I've never been able to finish any. They run to banal. I miss Gawker though I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 132August 4, 2020 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!