Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeff Bridges at his most beautiful

I miss the 80's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 6:20 PM

DAMN!

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2019 6:30 PM

His beauty was insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2019 6:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2019 6:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2019 6:32 PM

hot to hump

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Thank you, OP, I had forgotten the gem that was "Against All Odds" That movie (and soundtrack) had something for everyone at the time: Rachel Ward; Jeff Bridges; Phil Collins; James Wood; Dr. Buzzard and the Original Savannah Band!

The chemistry between Rachel Ward and Jeff Bridges singed all three VHS copies I owned over time, that and my constantly rewinding/replaying the finale. The film's closing scene is just breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2019 7:34 PM

Jeff Bridges was simply breathtaking in this movie. I don't know if a man has ever looked better.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2019 11:21 PM

I remember going to see that movie with a girlfriend when I was 14. I still get a hard dick thinking of him in that cave with no shirt and all sweaty from the heat. He was perfection.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2019 11:27 PM

I remember drooling over the poster for this movie when I saw it in a video store. I don't think I knew he had such a great bod before that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2019 11:32 PM

Another feature of that film is that it's a nod to the noir classic, "Out of the Past" and features original star Jane Greer who still looked great nearly 40 years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2019 12:04 AM

For R10, regarding Jane Greer.

She said that she got the best direction ever from the director (Jacques Tourneur) when doing "Out of the Past".

[quote] First half of movie... Good Girl.

[quote] Second half of movie... Bad Girl.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2019 5:19 AM

BTW, today is Jeff Bridges 70th birthday.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Happy birthday, Jeff! You think he reads DL?

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2019 4:38 PM

He was responsible for many an adolescent wet dream.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2019 4:49 PM

Here's Jeff looking like Patrick Bateman in Jagged Edge...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2019 4:52 PM

i wish the sex scene with rachel ward was done in better lighting! and for the time and the place and sun where they were at in mexico, would have been so so nice to see bridges in a bikini coming out of the water in a scene!

acting wise, my 2 favorite bridges performances are "the fabulous baker boys" (which i consider a modern day classic and a great soundtrack too might add!) and "fearless"!..

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 4:55 PM

I want to see Baker Boys because I love Pfeiffer so much. You calling it a modern day classic excites me.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 5:00 PM

He was never knock-your-socks-off stunning like a model, but holy shit he was and is an attractive man!

Good-looking in an unobtrusive way, with an easy, confident, totally masculine charm - the kind of loose masculine attraction that lasts through the life span. Charismatic and talented actor too, again, in an easy unobtrusive way that got everyone to pay attention to him without realizing that they were being drawn in. He's the perfect film actor.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 5:06 PM

R17, you've never seen "the fabulous baker boys"??? i remember back in 1989 seeing it countless times in the theater and i have the soundtrack and movie poster framed!...

the film is fantastic in every way in my humble opinion! it's hilariously funny, heartbreaking melancholy sad and thought provoking about life, dreams, hopes and failures, longing and regret, romance, relationships romance and family wise, and so on...from the directing, the dialogue,the acting, the cinematography and so on.

soundtrack is great too if you like jazz and pfeiffer singing "making whoopee" and "my funny valentine" seals the deal.

go and rent it asap! and later buy the dvd.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 5:06 PM

I actually have the film! I got it because it was one I knew I'd want to see. I just haven't gotten around to it yet, but your passion's infectious and I'll get around to watching it soon!

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 5:10 PM

Didn't the open-matted VHS of the movie Against All Odds show his dong in full glory? My auntie gay told me.

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 5:13 PM

He was always an underrated sex symbol and a damn good actor, too. I still think he's sexy in the way Sam Elliot is still sexy. Some guys just have it and never lose it. Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve are the same way. They'll probably be sexy on their death beds.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2019 6:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!