Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Kirk Douglas Rape Natalie Wood?

Her sister said she’ll reveal who it was once they’ve die and Kirk is the only one still living. He’s gonna be 103. A Hollywood insider already confirmed that Kirk was the rapist.

by Anonymousreply 79February 6, 2020 6:46 PM

Yes, I have heard this...disappointing, but not surprising...Kurt is an asshole when it comes to women.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2019 2:17 AM

Please, who didn't Natalie fuck in Hollywood? She was boning Nicholas Ray when she was underage.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2019 2:19 AM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2019 2:20 AM

As the rapist's name hasn't been revealed by Lana, and there aren't many elderly male stars left from that era - Kirk is it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2019 2:21 AM

Well she better write it down and put it in a safe deposit box or something because Kirk Douglas might outlive her.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2019 2:22 AM

The "Hollywood insider" was an anonymous jackoff posting in a blog's comment section.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2019 2:41 AM

He's never raped me. But I'm far, far too young for him.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2019 2:54 AM

She won't reveal his name, thus it's made up.

If you can't back your words with actions, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2019 2:57 AM

The story has been around for many years and everyone knows it was Kirk.

Lana Wood's confirmation is unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2019 11:08 AM

I did laugh when ol’ Kirk was wheeled out at the Golden Globes and Jessica Chastain gave him a standing ovation.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2019 11:28 AM

The Golden Globes thing doesn't bother me at all. You can't just write him out of Hollywood history based on gossip and conjecture. He hasn't directly been publicly accused by Lana or anyone. Some #metoo people can get witchhunt-y, but I think it's good that rumors don't equal automatic "cancellation" even for them. I don't follow Chastain specifically but I don't know that it's necessarily hypocritical. There's a line somewhere between "X, Y, and Z all say that A brutally raped them at B hotel on the 18th, 19th and 20th respectively" and some ancient secondhand account that doesn't even name the person involved.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2019 11:40 AM

Hasn't this thread happened several times already?

Its common knowledge that Douglas raped Natalie Wood. And she's probably not the only woman he raped.

There's a passage in his autobiography where a seduction scene reads more like a rape. At least according to one DLer. I've not read the book because I think he's a pervy rapey tosser. Link to original thread here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2019 12:49 PM

Jessica Chastain wants to have her cake and eat it

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2019 12:56 PM

R13, the correct, non-bastardized saying is “eat your cake and have it, too.”

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2019 1:04 PM

I have never heard anything about this.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2019 1:37 PM

And now he's all old and feeble, with everyone looking at him as if he's Hollywood's grandpa...IIRC, Natalie was not the first or last woman he forced himself on. Ronald Reagan too. I cringe when I hear that taped phone conversation with him and Nixon where he was critical of African diplomats, calling them savage. Pot.Kettle.Black.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2019 10:26 PM

Natalie was a gorgeous teenager in 50's Hollywood and ' the Queen of the Warner lot' in terms of fan mail. She had the world at her feet. Why shouldn' t she have had fun ? There's a difference between fucking everybody, and being brutally raped.

by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2019 10:39 PM

"Lana Wood's confirmation is unnecessary."

But Lana wasn't there, so is her word gospel? If Natalie told her about it, there's no reason to wait until Issur Danielovitch is dead.

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2019 10:54 PM

Lana WAS there. Natalie called her and their mother in hysterics from the hotel were she had been raped for hours. She was bleeding. They rushed her to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2019 10:58 PM

Lana WAS NOT THERE during the rape, dear. She didn't WITNESS IT. Understand?

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2019 11:10 PM

Lana confided to Suzanne Finstad, author of "Natasha", that it was Kirk Douglas who raped Natalie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2019 11:31 PM

SO?......

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2019 1:14 AM

[quote] Natalie called her and their mother in hysterics from the hotel were she had been raped for hours.

"For hours?" Really?

Why were she and Douglas at a hotel?

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2019 2:35 AM

The usual. The actor-producteur man asked her to come to his suite to read the script. She was 15yo. Then he beat the shit out of her and raped her several times.

by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2019 5:33 AM

THE DINGHY WAS BANGING AGAINST THE BOAT !!

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2019 9:52 AM

[quote] The usual. The actor-producteur man asked her to come to his suite to read the script. She was 15yo. Then he beat the shit out of her and raped her several times.

Wood was living independently at 15? Taking cabs to hotels to meet men?

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2019 11:07 AM

Wood was living independently since Sinatra got her (13/14 yo ?) She was pimped out by her mother and decided that if she was old enough to be the meal ticket of the family, she was old enough to do what she pleased. I don't remember who said that she was every night at every night club, drunk dancing to and requesting ' where is the little girl that used to be me' on repeat.' 'it was Ava Gardner in the body of a little girl' '.(quote)

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2019 11:22 AM

He was as likely to have rapped a girl as me

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2019 1:52 PM

How many actresses have been raped by famous and powerful men in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2019 6:45 PM

Lana waited too long to reveal the secret, and nobody cares anymore.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2019 6:49 PM

R29. All. Of. Them.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2019 9:23 PM

Lana Wood is a bottom feeder...she’s been milking her sister’s tragic death for four decades now. Is she broke again?

by Anonymousreply 32December 6, 2019 3:47 PM

That biography at R21 is fantastic. And the rape was apparently very brutal.

by Anonymousreply 33December 6, 2019 5:18 PM

====

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 9, 2019 12:11 AM

====

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 9, 2019 12:11 AM

The only Natalie Wood story I remember was how one time with a group of friends she wanted to play like the rich and famous and take a bath in champagne. She was the first one in, and she pretty much leap right out screaming that it was burning her pussy.

by Anonymousreply 36December 9, 2019 12:25 AM

From the Natalie Wood Wikipedia page :

Suzanne Finstad's 2001 biography of Wood alleges that she was raped by a powerful actor when she was 16.[57][58] Through the recollection of Wood's close friends, which included late actors Scott Marlowe and Dennis Hopper, Finstad summarizes:

Though her five close friends' memories of some details or timing differ after forty-five years, the essence of what each recalls Natalie confiding to them is the same: that the same married film star lured or tricked Natalie, raped her so brutally she was physically injured, and she was too frightened or intimidated to report it to the police. Natalie "hated" her former screen idol afterward, "shuddering" if she heard his name. She would keep the horrible secret, and behave as if nothing happened whenever their paths intersected, too schooled by Mud [her mother] in the politics of Hollywood to cross a powerful movie star.[59]

In 2018, Lana Wood said during a 12-part podcast about Wood's life that the attack occurred inside the Chateau Marmont during an audition and went on "for hours".[60] According to professor Cynthia Lucia who studied the attack, Wood's rape was quite brutal and violent.[61]

by Anonymousreply 37December 9, 2019 12:57 AM

If he raped her, you can bet there were dozens of others.

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2019 1:04 AM

He trashed Vivien Leigh in his biography.

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2019 1:19 AM

Horrible old man.

by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2019 10:33 AM

R39 that. He DID. I never forgave him. VIV WAS 100000000TIMES THE BEST ACTOR AND THE GREATEST STAR. what a cunt. Just die already, freak !

by Anonymousreply 41December 9, 2019 4:42 PM

I like the word “tosser,” R12.

by Anonymousreply 42December 9, 2019 4:49 PM

[quote]Please, who didn't Natalie fuck in Hollywood? She was boning Nicholas Ray when she was underage.

Nicholas Ray came home early from work one day to find his wife Gloria Graham naked in bed with his son. Graham was the son's stepmother. Ray quickly divorced her.

Years later, after both Graham and the son had married and divorced other people, Graham and the son married.

by Anonymousreply 43December 9, 2019 4:51 PM

^ Meant to add that Ray's son was only about 14 years old when Ray found him in bed with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 44December 9, 2019 4:55 PM

R34 Natalie looks like she had a nose job in that pic. Please God no. I never wanted to believe that, since she was needle phobic. But her nose was suspiciously thinner after'Rebel' '

by Anonymousreply 45December 9, 2019 4:57 PM

Lana Wood and anyone else in the know need to go to the police right now and file a complaint against the old bastard before he croaks.

by Anonymousreply 46December 9, 2019 4:59 PM

Oh really ? Like, they don't move when she was obviously murdered by her husband, in front of two bystanders and within earshot of the entire Marina of St catalina fucking island, but they will because she was allegedly raped by a colleague in a private space 100 years ago ?

by Anonymousreply 47December 9, 2019 5:05 PM

At this point, he’s gonna outlive everyone so she needs to start talking.

by Anonymousreply 48December 9, 2019 5:10 PM

That bitch ain't outliving no one. Okay ?

by Anonymousreply 49December 9, 2019 5:20 PM

Kirk Douglas also trashed Barbara Stanwyck in his book. It seems she didn't talk to him much, didn't nurture him, didn't coddle him, didn't admire his youthful beauty. He made his debut in The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946).

by Anonymousreply 50December 10, 2019 12:05 AM

Did Kirk and Vivien Leigh ever work together?

by Anonymousreply 51December 10, 2019 12:47 AM

No the woman was a plus one at a business dinner with her cunt husband, ugly Kirk, and closeted case lancaster, and bored out of her mind, turned to Oliviette, in the middle of their conversation and casually asked : "why don't you fuck me anymore ?"

by Anonymousreply 52December 10, 2019 5:26 AM

R16 Kirk Douglas forced himself on Ronald Reagan?

by Anonymousreply 53December 10, 2019 5:31 AM

Douglas and his BFF Lancaster (I think they starred in 7 or 8 films together) were both bi but Douglas was pretty much an aggressive top while Lancaster was more versatile.

At least according to the stories this eldergay has heard from various people who would have known over the past 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 54December 10, 2019 7:21 AM

Also, Anthony Quinn and Douglas were the most famous for leaving their partners bloody and bleeding. The stories were never made public due to the combined influence of the studios, the LA press (who didn't want to be denied access) and the corrupt LAPD.

by Anonymousreply 55December 10, 2019 7:41 AM

Or will it be like the case of Mary Rodgers (daughter of Richard Rodgers and a successful composer herself). She said publicly she would spill the beans about the monster Arthur Laurents after his death but she died several years after him without revealing anything.

by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2019 8:02 AM

I didn't realise that Wood won a Golden Globe less than two years before her death. Certainly, her film career wasn't going that well at that time and she was already in her early 40s. But, she was still working though. I could have seen her make a comeback. She had the talent.

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2019 9:03 AM

At the time of her death, Natalie was about to make her stage debut in a Los Angeles production of Anastasia with Wendy Hiller. Elizabeth Taylor's recent success on Broadway in The Little Foxes had encouraged Natalie to attempt it.

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2019 9:42 AM

True, r48, Unfortunately her then current film Brainstorm hadn't completed filming and was nearly abandoned at the insistence of the insurance company but the brilliant director, Douglas Trumbull, figured out a way to pull together the footage that had been completed.

Her next project was to be the stage version of Anastasia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2019 9:54 AM

^ Sorry, r58, I meant to reply to you above, not r48.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2019 9:56 AM

I did not know that either. :(

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2019 10:03 AM

Natalie was once involved with John Ireland, whose cock size was rumored to be in the Milton Berle/Forrest Tucker league. Crawford was enjoying it during the filming of "Queen Bee".

"Three years later, in 1959, Ireland would make headlines again when he became embroiled in a widely publicized affair with then 16-year-old actress Tuesday Weld. The 45-year-old actor told the press that he would ask Weld to marry him “if there wasn’t such a difference in our ages . . . that and her mother are the only things that stop me.” Ireland was later linked with several other starlets, including Natalie Wood."

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2019 10:03 AM

As Lana tells the story, Natalie's mother drove Natalie to the meeting with Kirk Douglas. The mother and little Lana stayed in the car and waited for Natalie. Lana fell asleep in the backseat.

Natalie came back crying, disheveled and blood running down her legs. There was a discussion between Natalie and her mother about whether Natalie should be taken to the hospital. It was decided that she should not go to the hospital due to the rape becoming public knowledge and the resulting bad publicity.

There is a rumor that Kirk murdered actress, Jean Spangler, who was pregnant with his child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 10:13 AM

Here is Lana Wood talking about Kirk Douglas' rape of Natalie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2019 10:16 AM

Very close but not quite correct, r59. It was the insurance company, Lloyd's of London, that put up the money to finish Brainstorm when the studio producing, MGM, wanted to shut down the already troubled film when Wood died and it denied the money to finish it. Director Trumbull convinced Loyd's to put up the additional few million to finish the production rather than write it off.

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2019 10:23 AM

R65, As I recall, almost all principal photography had been completed at the time of Natalie's death and the money was needed for post production special effects, which viewed today look laughable.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2019 10:30 AM

I won't challenge you on that r66 but my understanding has been that several of Natalie's essential scenes had yet to be filmed which required Trumbull to rejuggle the screenplay in a way that didn't really serve the film. But I wasn't there and I don't really know.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2019 11:07 AM

R62, why do you apply what would appeal to gay men to women? No sale.

"she would spill the beans about the monster Arthur Laurents after his death but she died several years after him without revealing anything."

Like what, we already know - that Laurents was an egomaniacal asshole and alcoholic? Sound like Mary Rodgers was probably pissed about the way he treated her father, who was another detestable piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2019 12:43 PM

R67, In a 1982 interview, Louise Fletcher said that only a couple of "drive by" scenes with Natalie had yet to be filmed.

It certainly wasn't like "Satatoga", where an obvious double was used for Jean Harlow in certain scenes in order to complete the film.

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2019 12:46 PM

R68, Richard Rodgers was a lecherous womanizer. By comparison, Harvey Weinstein is an altar boy.

by Anonymousreply 70December 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Duh, R70. That among many other things, hence my description, "another detestable piece of work."

by Anonymousreply 71December 10, 2019 1:31 PM

I got blocked by several posters on a Hollywood gossip site a couple of years ago when I posted that Kirk Douglas was a rapist. I was BLACKBALLED.

by Anonymousreply 72December 11, 2019 4:25 PM

r70, oh yes indeed. Never a secret. Everyone knew why Shirley Jones got the film versions of Oklahoma and Carousel after having been in the Broadway choruses of South Pacific and Me and Juliet and then got her Oscar for playing a whore.

by Anonymousreply 73December 12, 2019 4:14 PM

On the olden days, you weren't ' raped'. Rather' 'ambitious' ' or' ' driven' '.

by Anonymousreply 74December 12, 2019 5:05 PM

Oh Shirley Jones is another cunt I cannot stand. Bragging about how well endowed her sons are - should we hear this from her? She’s depraved.

by Anonymousreply 75December 12, 2019 7:08 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 76February 6, 2020 5:10 PM

Wonder is Richard Rodgers ever put to moves on Mary Martin, ha ha, or could he see it would be futile.

by Anonymousreply 77February 6, 2020 5:30 PM

If Lana Wood doesn't speak up now, then we know Olivia must have done it.

by Anonymousreply 78February 6, 2020 6:10 PM

R78 You'll never know by THESE innocent faces.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 6, 2020 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!