Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll: 22% of Dems say they are "not ready" for a gay president

And this is from Politico.

This is pretty stunning and sad. Very sad.

I hate to play race but I'm wondering if conservative black and latino Dems are going to doom Pete's chances.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2019 8:46 PM

[QUOTE] I hate to play race

Who are you kidding? That’s the reason you made this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 12:28 PM

This is going to go down radically if he wins Iowa and/or NH. Same for the electability argument. People just need to see it be done first before they can believe. And I think this percentage was worse before he declared anyway, and it's going down constantly.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 12:29 PM

Sad to say but OP, your fears are founded. There's still adeptly rooted homophobia among black voters, at least of a certain age, and that won't help.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 12:29 PM

*deeply rooted

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 12:30 PM

Liberals my arse.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 12:30 PM

NEW SURVEY FINDS 75% DEMOCRATIC VOTERS DISLIKE PETE FOR BEING A PHONY SPAZZ

Buttistans: "It's a shame black and latino voters doomed Mayor Pete's campaign."

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 12:31 PM

We need to douche first!

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 12:31 PM

The more important number is 32% of independents say they aren't ready for a gay President OP, if Pete somehow got nominated that indicates he would get crushed in a general election.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 12:32 PM

Theres footage of this closet Republican talking to a tea party meeting during Obama era praising them for their "concern over their country". Gay, bi or straight, he can go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 12:34 PM

This is why I've always said if the American public saw a movie where someone like Chris Evans was gay but still kicking ass, and the movie dealt with bigots and rightfully showed him as a gay man kicking ass and serving comeuppance, Americans would be more inclined to support a gay man.

It's the same reason why we won't have a woman president. When push comes to shove our President needs to seem like an ass kicker or someone ass kickers will follow. Our identify as a nation is too wrapped up in military mightiness and being "superheroes" whether it's true or now.

It's very good that Pete had military experience. I think he should play that up and get more images of him like that, working with other men and having it be normal. Not some sweaty desert gay orgy in fatigues people may be picturing.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 12:37 PM

Pete has a bottom problem, not a gay problem. The respondents are really saying “We’re not ready for a bottom president.” As R10 alludes to, this is a question of his masculinity. If Pete was a jacked dude like The Rock with a cute short bubble butt twink boyfriend, people would know he’s the top in the relationship. Instead they look at him and Chasten and wonder who’s pounding who. Pete should’ve beefed up for the race and constantly played up his military cred. That skinny neck and those weak shoulders will be the death of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 12:45 PM

Эй, черно-белые люди в США. Помните, вы не доверяете друг другу.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 12:45 PM

"Instead they look at him and Chasten and wonder who’s pounding who."

R11 is, of course, speaking for himself.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 12:51 PM

R11 is right. And in tonight's debate he is going to get gangbanged

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 1:02 PM

Isn't that your fantasy also, R14?

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 1:03 PM

It just makes sense that on a bitchy gay gossip site, an "informed" opinion on Pete's electability has to do with if he comes up as a top or a bottom, and that he doesn't have the right build to be a gay president.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 1:05 PM

I hope he kicks ass at the debate tonight.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2019 1:06 PM

R15, Yes but I want him to be gang-banged by hot muscular men and not by bunch of angry school marm like Kamala , Amy or Liz

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 1:06 PM

OP =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 1:08 PM

It still plays into your fantasy, though, R18, and probably your opinion of his actual chances of becoming president.

As for being pummeled in the debates, that hasn't really happened, at least not that I saw or heard (admittedly, I haven't watched all the debates in their entirety). He's certainly doing quite well in the polls. Maybe that's what you don't like?

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 1:10 PM

This was OP's spin on the poll. How Fox News of you OP.

[quote]According to a POLITICO/Morning Consult poll of registered voters, 50 percent of respondents said they were either definitely or probably ready to have a commander in chief who is openly gay

[quote]They were also surveyed about whether the country is ready for a Hispanic president — 56 percent say it is.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 1:18 PM

Not a chance in hell a gay guy gets elected. Let’s get real ladies. The response to a black guy was Dump, you think we’re gonna turn around and get a queen after that?? Major eye roll. Sad because he makes a lot of sense, hence his leading.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 1:24 PM

Interesting point, R11. Straight guys put other straight guys(and gay guys) down by insinuating or accusing them of taking a cock up the ass. They degenerate their female partners and their exes, by saying they "got that ass". Bottoms are shamed HERE, and the majority of us are gay.

It doesn't shock me that there are that many dems who are that backwards in their beliefs. Depresses me, yes. Shocks me, not at all.

I agree with the previous posters who said that Pete ought to highlight his military service. It's something he ought to be proud of, is invaluable and does make him look capable and traditionally masculine.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2019 1:26 PM

[quote]The response to a black guy was Dump

Let me fix that for ya... The response to Hillary was Dump

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2019 1:26 PM

Good point R24. My apologies.

-R22

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2019 1:40 PM

R22 and R24, I think having a black president was the last draw for a country still racist enough that it embraced Trump and voted for him. He was the perfect response to Obama in their eyes. Eight years under a black guy was far more significant than Hillary Clinton's flawed campaign.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2019 1:41 PM

It was, in their eyes, 8 years of a black guy and then probably 8 years of a woman--and that woman is Hillary Clinton. That's what they saw.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2019 1:43 PM

Wrong R26. Obama could have won a 3rd term if it weren't for that pesky 22nd amendment. I'm not saying that some Trump voters aren't racist, but a lot of people didn't like Hillary. She had more baggage than American Airlines then add a lackluster campaign and you end up with Trump. Biden would have won in 2016. Even that mess Bernie would have beaten Trump.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2019 1:54 PM

Yeah, yeah, and they weren't ready for a black president or a female president, but they went ahead and voted for them (Hill won the popular vote by three million IIRC)

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2019 1:55 PM

Why is DL so desperate for a gay president anyway? People were talking about how black Americans voted for Obama because he was black. And all you see are gay people, mainly gay white people up petes ass.

So what's the difference?

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2019 2:04 PM

I believe firmly that the response to 4 years under a black man was Dump. Not someone like him, but him. She actually did win the presidency. But it was the electoral college (that benefits the red states) that got him in. Oh, and Russian interference.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2019 2:04 PM

OP, why are you stunned? I am surprised it’s not higher, even among Democrats. There seem to be a lot of people living in a Pollyanna bubble here

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2019 2:06 PM

White women (and women in general) simply will not elect a homosexual male as president before a woman first having served. Stop theorizing about racial/religious intolerance among Black voters, look instead at gender and to the Suffragette Movement. Women are aware of the contempt which gay men hold and freely express towards them, e.g. "fraus" anyone?

They conceded the pecking order to accommodate Barack Obama, but now the status quo has been restored.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2019 2:06 PM

4 years? Anyway, any number of years under a black man would leave me well fucked and content for years going forward.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2019 2:06 PM

That's right R31, let's blame the black guy.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2019 2:07 PM

22%? That's not too bad considering what the general opins of simpelton Americans are...... there might be hope for us Dems

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2019 2:16 PM

"White women (and women in general) simply will not elect a homosexual male as president before a woman first having served." R33, it was white women who had a big hand in electing Trump over a woman.

R35, I'm doing the opposite--I'm saying the country is racist enough that 8 years of a black man totally brought out that inherent racism.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2019 2:18 PM

Also, R33, apparently white women are enough like Fox News in their sensibility that they would elect Dump over a gay man. What does that say about white women?

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2019 2:20 PM

[quote]And this is from Politico.

Politico isn't really on our side though, so pointing out that "even Politico says this" doesn't mean much.

As for the poll numbers, we've known for a long time how people felt about having a black president and how upset the idea of a woman president made them, so a gay presidential candidate is also going to face issues.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 2:25 PM

Speaking apart from all this, what do you mean, R39, that "Politco isn't really on our side"? Is it on a particular side? I wasn't aware of that. I guess I should look up how Politico leans, but I thought it was fairly neutral or even left.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2019 2:30 PM

It seems like Politico is middle of the road, with an even split of readers who identify as Democrat or Republican, with 40% not identified. When you say Politico is "not on our side," do you mean the gay side or the Democrat side, R39?

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2019 2:35 PM

[quote]I hate to play race but I'm wondering if conservative black and latino Dems are going to doom Pete's chances.

Seeing as Hispanics have had no trouble electing openly gay and Bisexual people for elected offices all over the Southwest, and it was in the Southwest (Nevada) where Pete made it's first splash in the polls, I don't see how Pete would not be favor to win the Hispanic vote if he were the front runner.

Latinos have the largest percentage of LGBT members in the nation compared to other races.

Latinos: 5.4% of all Latinos identify as non-heterosexual. The highest of any race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2019 2:36 PM

his*

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2019 2:37 PM

Calm down. I'm just saying Politico has its share of articles that present Trump as normal, and they treat groups like America First as normal, everyday political organizations instead of the Nazi fronts they are. Here's one from today.

Politico also continues to push a biased view of HRC, with articles like "Inside Hillary Clinton's Secret Takeover of the DNC" (written in 2017!), and pushing Donna Brazile's sketchy claims, and opining at length about how Mueller's testimony doesn't help Hillary at all, as if that's what we were all hoping for with the Mueller testimony.

Search also here on Datalounge for threads like "Politico Expose" about Warren being a "die-hard Republican," and the recent thread about Politico uncovering "skeptical Democratic donors" who go unidentified, saying that none of the Dem candidates are worthwhile.

Politico is not terrible but they aren't the neutral outlet people claim they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2019 2:50 PM

No need to tell me to calm down, R44, since I was just asking a question. You seem a lot more hopped up about it than I am. Also, that link you provided read more like reporting than being pro-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2019 2:58 PM

Much of America thinks that first dance with Pete and Chasten at the Inaugural Ball with Etta James singing “At Last” will be creepy.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2019 4:18 PM

[QUOTE] Obama could have won a 3rd term if it weren't for that pesky 22nd amendment.

That’s my line, bruh. Back off.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2019 7:17 PM

[Quote] Obama could have won a 3rd term if it weren't for that pesky 22nd amendment.

Thank god for small mercies or we'll have Trump till 2028.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2019 7:29 PM

That’s only the ones who’d admit it.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2019 7:33 PM

R38: knowing the opponent was an incumbent like Trump, it is unlikely women would endorse a gay male in the primary in the first place.

Do you question and respond to all your comments? Strange.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2019 7:48 PM

It’s much higher than 22%.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2019 7:49 PM

Politico is soft right wing, like NY Times.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2019 7:49 PM

That's essentially a misrepresentation, R52.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2019 10:42 PM

And where's the proof of that, R51?

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2019 10:43 PM

"knowing the opponent was an incumbent like Trump, it is unlikely women would endorse a gay male in the primary in the first place." R50, what does that mean, exactly? What opponent is like Trump in this case? I really can't follow what you're saying.

You're confused, also. I wasn't asking and answering my own question, I was adding a further comment. My point is that white women helped elect Trump over Clinton, and according to you, are willing to actually not vote for a gay man over a woman, which means Mayor Pete would be behind both a woman and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2019 10:49 PM

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida. That is where we have to win to get anything we want. We've already got the good places. We've already got the cultured places. We need these four states where there are a bunch of rubes and bigots and haters who don't think they are rubes and bigots and haters. Pete isn't going to carry the general. No way.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2019 11:18 PM

I wouldn't worry about Pete being gay. He's not changing that any more than he can change his race. Neither of them are non issues for him despite the click bait ing media.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2019 12:04 AM

DL has been invaded by an argumentative, condescending political know-it-all, making the politics threads unappealing as no one can get a word in edgewise. Block it before it grows.

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2019 12:54 AM

What's the Venn diagram between that percentage and the black vote? Like 90%? Finding a white Democrat with a homophobia problem with a second Trump term on the line is a tall order.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2019 2:09 AM

[quote] What's the Venn diagram between that percentage and the black vote? Like 90%? Finding a white Democrat with a homophobia problem with a second Trump term on the line is a tall order.

Kellyanne, you just pulled that out of your ass to sow discord among Democrats. First, it's false. There are MANY, MANY white male democrats who are uncomfortable with a gay president -- and some of them are straight. Second, a gay candidate is Dump's best chance for a 2nd term, you know it and it has nothing to do with the black vote.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2019 2:35 AM

R57 check your double negative.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2019 2:40 AM

I don't think being gays is his big handicap. For he was just a straight guy he would be out like Beto by now. His problem is that he lacks charisma. No fire. The only reason he's made it this far is because of the social engineers. People who couldn't name a single campaign promise but reeeeeaaaaally want to see a gay president. That's why it's so narcissistic that he acts like it's the homophobes keeping him back when it's really the homophiles (white liberal women and gay men) keeping him going.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2019 2:46 AM

The surest way to hand Donald Trump the presidency is to put him up against this milquetoast. If you're gonna be inexperienced and gay you should at least have fire. He keeps trying to invoke Obamas rise but he forgets to imitate Obamas infectious passion..

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2019 2:58 AM

Pete is so cool

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2019 2:59 AM

Who cares what these stupid polls say? After they all swore Hillary would win, I will never take them seriously again.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2019 3:01 AM

Gay men are basically women and both hate their own kind.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2019 3:02 AM

Well poll after poll shows that America is more accepting of a gay man as president than a Jew. Sorry, Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2019 3:02 AM

I don't believe that. I do think Pete, while he is wicked smart and articulate etc. is just not the guy. Call me the Sean Patrick Maloney troll but anyone who has watched the Impeachment hearings will tell you Maloney is the guy! If he runs I am THERE. I know what he stands for, what he believes in and I love his passion.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2019 3:06 AM

It is absolutely correct R53.

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2019 2:13 AM

So much for intersectionality!

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2019 2:18 AM

If Booty wins the nomination, you can bet Trump will get an even bigger share of the black vote than he did the previous election.

That’s why I say fuck #BlackLivesMatter. Black people, if you want your lives to matter, than you have to treat gay people like their lives matter too.

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2019 2:20 AM

OP = self-loathing Log Cabin bitch who was thoroughly abhorred by his own mother. Please stop breathing and enjoy your final massive heart attack and be gone, troll.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2019 2:21 AM

I got into a Facebook battle with a black (community) college professor over his gay-hating comments. Black is good - gay is not. Blacks are oppressed, gays are not. We'll never know the bigotry, blah blah blah. Surprise for him: I took screen caps of all his comments, which he later deleted, and I'm turning him in tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2019 2:34 AM

Nationally Buttigieg is polling at around 7%. Yet every fucking day there’s a new thread filled with white supremacist tropes demonizing black people for not supporting Buttigieg. Each of these threads = a virtual klan rally. You folks do know that white voters in all of their faux progressiveness don’t need black voters to elect Buttigieg or anyone else. The majority of white Democrats don’t want Buttigieg and the majority of white Americans don’t want him. Yet you reserve all of your idiotic diagnosis and condemnation for black people. Do you know how ridiculous you all sound.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2019 3:10 AM

[quote] going down constantly

Who are you talking about? Chasten?

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2019 3:16 AM

They're not ready for gay neighbors and gay co-workers, either. If they are honest.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2019 3:19 AM

[quote] Latino voters doomed Mayor Pete

Don't blame this on Latinos.

Pete is 4th with Latinos, who have Biden, Warren and Sanders as top three in that order. Pete has a much better shot in the Southwest (Latino mecca of the US) than he will ever have in the South Eastern United States.

In the same Politico poll from OP's article a Hispanic president polled even with having a gay president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 2, 2019 3:28 AM

r6 Yep already preparing the excuse to blame those "backwards" black/latino voters. You Buttistans know no shame and this is the average Buttistan and their "friends"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 2, 2019 3:41 AM

FYI: There a re huge flaws in methodology with survey instruments. I'm talking about the questionnaires that are formulated by pollsters to develop their data. And in addition to flawed polling instruments, the methodology in terms of deciding who to question is majorly flawed. weighted formulas, and underrepresented demographics are a consistent problem that is prevalent no matter which organization is conducting polls. So keep that in mind, and remember, a poll is a snapshot in time. What matters are the trends and the consistency.

by Anonymousreply 79December 2, 2019 2:12 PM

Pete has no chance and it’s not because people of color are homophobic. That doesn’t even describe Pete’s race problem, which is entirely his own fault. He has no chance because he’s a conservative gay man, and he repulses both gay liberals and non-gay conservatives. His appeal is to a too narrow subset of middle and upperclass white gays, and to conservatives who hate Trump and also like gay people. He’ll never win a primary in a state with a black population above 5%. He’ll never win the nomination. If he somehow did, expect 3rd party challengers from the left and the right siphoning Democratic and anti-Trump Republicans away and Trump winning with under 50% of the vote.

America might be ready for a gay President, but it’s not going to be Pete Buttigieg. Run a gay person who has a bold and progressive success record (not a consistently problematic “third way” strategy designed not to offend conservatives), and a history of rapport and mutual support with black voters, and maybe we’ll get somewhere. But this militaristic Christian who thinks service should be mandatory but healthcare only optional, and who supports the corporate status quo while courting billionaires for campaign cash, is not it and never will be!

by Anonymousreply 80December 2, 2019 2:41 PM

R78, Oh give me a fucking break- that narrative has been pushed by black activists and pundits. It's never been pushed by Pete or his campaign not once.

by Anonymousreply 81December 2, 2019 2:53 PM

Heterosexual women playing the woman card to keep pushing heterosexuals over gays.

Black voters pulling the race and religion cards to do the same thing.

The problem isn’t Pete. It’s you.

by Anonymousreply 82December 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Sounds more like the problem is you, R82, and your obvious problems with race and women. Much like Pete himself.

by Anonymousreply 83December 2, 2019 3:30 PM

It's interesting, I've been watching these Mayor Pete threads since they started wondering how many, if any, where going to support him based on something other than the fact he's gay.

So far I've been disappointed.

The guy seems like every other politician, he's saying whatever he can just to get elected whether it's true to his politics or not. This and the fact he's just a Mayor make him an undesirable candidate for me. But you guys keep pushing, we got into the place we are in now because too many people use ridiculous trivial metrics to judge who they will vote for.

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2019 3:40 PM

Let’s say Mayor Pete were to become president, how would the world at large react to a gay man leading the West? How would Kim Jong un react to it? How would ISIS react to it? How would Putin react to it? There’s a lot more to this than just whether or not America is ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2019 4:14 PM

There is an anti-gay left and this is it. Now is not the time to back down and let them win.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2019 4:17 PM

R85 Outside of Europe, the rest of the world will not support America electing a gay president. It will be problematic for America on the world stage 100%.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2019 4:18 PM

R85

They might well underestimate him.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2019 4:25 PM

Nobody’s expecting him to roll down and play dead for dictators. Why should the US be amiable to countries that imprison or kill gays?

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2019 4:29 PM

Roll over, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2019 4:30 PM

[quote]There is an anti-gay left and this is it.

Oh look, Boris is here, everyone.

It is not anti-gay to oppose a conservative Christian who wraps himself in the flag and talks about national service and protecting health insurance companies and has more billionaire donors than any other Democrat in the race and also has a race problem and also happens to be gay (and openly, since 2015).

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2019 4:37 PM

R88 they’ll clown him and goad him into war to prove himself as a man. Traditional gender norms and gender stereotypes still play a major role in the world. Gay men are viewed as lacking in masculinity even in the gay community (even on DL) and it’s worse outside of America and Europe where homosexuality is not accepted. I think there’s also a lot of truth to what some people here are saying about his perception in his relationship as a top or bottom. While it sounds like typical DL reductiveness to some, I think it’s a reflection of what some people out there especially in middle America are thinking. If people on DL, who are exposed to gay culture are thinking these things what are people who aren’t, thinking? Why do you think Mayor Pete’s campaign is (possibly) using dL to test thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2019 4:46 PM

[quote]There seem to be a lot of people living in a Pollyanna bubble here

You leave Hayley Mills out of this! She's not even American!

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2019 4:50 PM

A gay American president will be viewed by the rest of the world the same way that a kid coming out of the closet in high school in the 90s would be viewed by his classmates. America may not be ready for a gay president but the world is absolutely not ready for it.

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2019 4:51 PM

Hes got more progressive policies than Biden and his are practical and can actually get done unlike Sanders' and. Warren's.

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2019 4:52 PM

When will you be ready for a gay president? 10 years from now? 20 years from now? 100 years from now? What if AOC is right and the world ends in 12 years and we still don't have a gay president? Then you'll really be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2019 4:53 PM

Pete is better for Jews than Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2019 4:54 PM

R91, Kamala, Booker, and Biden have more billionaire donors. Even Warren has a few and shes taken tonsnof money from billionaire donors through the years.

Such a stupid talking point.

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2019 4:56 PM

A billionaire just entered the race. Bloomberg is just a liberal version of Trump, and Trump supporters will just stick with him if he's on the ticket. The devil you know and all that…

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2019 4:59 PM

Nate Silver:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2019 4:59 PM

As if there aren't homophobic whites

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2019 5:00 PM

High school-educated whites are more accepting than college-educated blacks? That's it, I'm never watching [italic]A Different World[/italic] in reruns again.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2019 5:01 PM

Sean Patrick Maloney is the only Gay Democrat I know of right now that I'd support for POTUS. He is sharp, tough and a Liberal. And I know what he stands for. I'm not supporting Pete. I hate it that I'm somehow not "authentic" or loyal because as a Gay man I must support Pete. I don't. He has that "Indiana perspective." I don't trust his words.I need to see what his actions were. Trump has turned things into such a shit mess there's no time for On the Job Training. Being mayor of South Bend does not prepare you for being POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2019 5:36 PM

But being a reality TV star does?

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2019 5:38 PM

What about being mayor of an actual city?

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2019 5:38 PM

What will doom Pete's chances, and every other Dem, is the ever-growing list of Presidential wannabe candidates.

I'm a lifelong Democrat, but I gotta say, this party is one elderly hot mess. We need newer, younger, energetic candidates with fresh new ideas. And, as an aging senior, I AM allowed to say that without bias.

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2019 5:50 PM

Anyone who claims to be a lifelong Democrat but does not swallow the party platform 100% is really a stealth Republican.

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2019 5:50 PM

Oh r11, do everyone a favor and kill yourself.

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2019 6:07 PM

and once again DL continues on a discussion started by a troll because...?

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2019 6:10 PM

[quote] and once again DL continues on a discussion started by a troll because...?

Because most of you are only 2/3rds as smart as you think you are at best.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2019 7:19 PM

R103, I'd support David Cicilline or Tammy Baldwin

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2019 8:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!