Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Racist Family Sues After Millionaire Leaves Fortune To His Black Male Lover

Oh.... HELL NAW!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2019 11:16 PM

An Ohio man says his dead lover's family called him the n-word and a monkey and are now suing him for money left to him by his millionaire ex.

When Harrison Davis died, only one person was by his side, his long time companion Jamal Canes. In his will he left his millionaire fortune to Canes which Davis' family is furious about.

Davis's children feel they are entitled to some if not all of the fortune and have taken Canes to court.

In a statement Joseph Davis he eldest of the children said, ‘He turned our father against us and kept us from him’ he said.

‘We don't know why he left most of the money to this man."

‘They weren’t even married."

Court records show Canes is the sole beneficiary to Davis's fortune and the it says numerous times the children were to see none of his money.

"They never came to visit me when I was ill, and they were always ungrateful" Davis writes in his will. "I never raised them to be racist but they hated the only person who loved me because of the color of his skin"

A judge is set to hear the case on Monday Novermber 18th.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 11:32 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 11:43 AM

Where's the link?

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 11:50 AM

[quote]Where's the link?

See below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 11:54 AM

In some countries, one cannot disinherit one's spawn.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 12:01 PM

The reasons are well known to them!

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 12:12 PM

Funny shit! No worries, though. Assuming the judge hearing the case will be white, him/herself, then favor will be shown to the dean man's spawn.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 1:05 PM

ooh, this is juicy.

The legal crux is the dead guy apparently said in his will that his kids should get nothing.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 1:09 PM

Do his children have a case? Their dad obviously preferred his bbc, I mean his lover, over them.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 1:24 PM

So if the gay lover was white the family would've been okay with it? Me thinks not.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 1:28 PM

I have heard that it is a good idea to leave $1 to each of the people who really want to leave nothing to, that makes the message very clear, unlike leaving nothing.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 1:29 PM

Loooooooooollllllllll good luck kids! If it’s well documented then you’re fucked! People are so stupid. You always suck up to someone who’s going to leave you money!

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 1:29 PM

[quote]So if the gay lover was white the family would've been okay with it? Me thinks not.

If he were white, I don't think they would've referred to him as a "monkey" or "nigger" That's where the, ya know, RACIST part comes into it.

And I guess you missed this, genius: ""I never raised them to be racist but they hated the only person who loved me because of the color of his skin" "

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Why isn't the will the final word, especially when the person makes it clear why they're leaving nothing to certain family members? Why must this shit always be allowed to go to court. The person has stated they leave you nothing. You're owed nothing from them.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 1:44 PM

My boyfriend is black, and both my brother and sister like him. I've already told them I'll be taking care of him, and they both approve. My (late) parents liked him, too, and no one in my family would ever try to change the way things are. They're grateful he's put up with me for so long, and they haven't had to shoulder the burden.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 1:50 PM

R14 A will is good, but a trust is even more powerful. If it's in his trust, it just my stand. They always say put your true intentions in a trust. You should never just have a will alone, but link it to a trust and whatever you want, will have more standing in the court of law.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 1:50 PM

It will go forward if they have standing. They will also probably get something. It's good that parties with standing can contest wills. Every month I hear some revolting story of old rich people who are controlled by 1 person to that person's unique benefit, and sometimes to the detriment of the old person. It happens all the time. Not saying this BBC dude did that, but it happens enough that contests are a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2019 1:52 PM

R17 You do know he's more then a penis right? Stop referring to him as a "BBC dude" white people have a real problem with things like that.

And many of you are so out of touch, that you don't even realize that reeks of dehumanization, and racism. Especially when your just reducing a black man's value down to his penis size.

And you all wonder why pete buttigieg isn't getting any traction with black voters.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 2:00 PM

I was slagging on the BBC fetishism of DLers in this thread, dude. But that would be lost on you.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote][R17] You do know he's more then a penis right?

I'm sure he has a nice ass, too.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 2:23 PM

R18 is a “that’s racist” troll who makes his point by being racist and the irony is lost on him.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 2:27 PM

R21 I stand by everything I said. And pointing out pete buttigiegs lack of support from black people, is not racist it's a fucking fact.

That fact that you don't know the definition of racism, I clearly lost on you.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 2:33 PM

Jamal, sweetie -- call me!

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2019 2:35 PM

I'm holding auditions for Khloe's next boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2019 2:39 PM

BBC + Millionaire = [bold]SWOON

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2019 2:40 PM

Lord Glenconner (Colin Tennant, who gave Princess Margaret her Mustique home) left his faithful 'manservant' Kent Adonai, $24million when he died.

His wife Lady Anne Glenconner fought the will for years and lost.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote]‘We don't know why he left most of the money to this man."

Seems pretty self-evident to me:

[quote]"They never came to visit me when I was ill, and they were always ungrateful" Davis writes in his will. "I never raised them to be racist but they hated the only person who loved me because of the color of his skin"

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2019 2:50 PM

R22 blacks not backing Pete is because of the terrible homophobia in that community and nothing else, but nice try.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2019 3:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2019 3:28 PM

[quote]blacks not backing Pete is because of the terrible homophobia in that community and nothing else, but nice try.

God, you're fucking stupid. Whites have fucking supported every God damned homophobe within the GOP and funny enough, you don't point out the homophobia in that community.

Roy Moore -an outspoken bigot- is currently not in the Senate solely because of black people having to counter the white voters who supported him. Really, fuck off. The very reason anti-gay legislation existed or exists in this country, is because of white people consistently being at the forefront and white people VOTING FOR IT EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2019 3:47 PM

R30 Thank you, and I rest my case. Who ever you are, you said a mouthful in response to idiot asshole R28. You said it all for me.

Thank you who ever you are.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2019 9:18 PM

Sounds like the man made it very clear why he wasn't leaving them money, i don't think their case is strong that he was being controlled.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2019 9:24 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2019 9:34 PM

"I have heard that it is a good idea to leave $1 to each of the people who really want to leave nothing to, that makes the message very clear, unlike leaving nothing."

R11 - lawyers now recommend leaving a $1000 or so, not $1

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2019 10:24 PM

R30 whataboutism aside, what I said is true and you know it or else you wouldn’t have to deflect, so thanks for proving my point.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2019 10:41 PM

Laughing at his family

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2019 10:46 PM

"An Ohio man says his dead lover's family called him the n-word and a monkey..."

It's even odds that's bullshit, that the lover prevented the grown children from seeing their dying dad and then told the old man that they're ungrateful brats who were too selfish to see their sick old father. And that he's crying racism as an opening gambit in the upcoming battle over the old SOB's money.

Because cutting off the children is right there in Gold Digging 102: Dying Old Men and the Will.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2019 10:58 PM

Who will star in the Lifetime movie?

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2019 11:03 PM

R37, the same thought occurred to me.

There are plenty of stories about elderly people being cut off from close relatives and friends by someone who becomes the "gatekeeper".

I thinking of Pamela Digby Churchill Hayward Harriman and Averill Harriman.

Ask Brooke Hayward what happened to her mother's jewelry (Margaret Sullavan Hayward) that her father Leland Hayward was keeping for her.

Ask Peter Duchin about his attempts to visit Harriman in his later years.

This happens plenty of times.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 11:12 PM

R20 yes, but BBC rules!!!

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2019 11:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!