Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Note to self...

The next time the server in the Thai restaurant asks if you want it "Mild, Medium, or Spicy?" Say MILD.

Your stomach will thank you.

Thai "spicy" is not the same as American spicy.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 7:54 AM

Burns going in = Burns going out.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 5:24 AM

I love Thai hot. I love my drunken noodle to have about 4 chilis.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 5:28 AM

I love spicy food, but my tummy doesn't.

Hours later, I'm in the bathroom, regretting it very much.

It can sometimes be quite painful.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 5:34 AM

Thanks for tip, Tulsa Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Similarly, if a food server at a cheap Mexican restaurant tells you their breakfast burritos aren't spicy, they're lying. Everything in that place is swimming in Tapatío whether you ask for it or not.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 5:46 AM

I love Tapatio R5. That really is mild by most standards.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 5:50 AM

you end up with what I call "burning clown lips".

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 5:54 AM

Haven't you queens ever heard of the Schovil Scale? It's not rocket science, but it is science.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 5:55 AM

Ahhhh yes the dreaded “spicy” BMs. I also get them after eating spicy chicken at Popeyes or Chick-fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 5:57 AM

OP after you go #2 put a little Aquaphor or Vaseline on your bunghole!

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 5:58 AM

R6, I have a low threshold for spicy sauces, so Tapatío is too spicy for me. However, there is a spicy rice dish, served at a Thai restaurant that I frequent, that I absolutely love, Southern Sea fried rice. Even when I ask for it mild, it is still too spicy, so I endure the pain of burning tongue and lips just to savor this dish.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 7:05 AM

R6, just an FYI most Thai places use a Thai chilie that is much higher on the heat index than Tapatio. Or Mexican food for that matter. It's probably more in your head than reality. Asian food just usually doesn't brag about spiciness whereas Mexican food talks it up more than it should be.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 7:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!