Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Losing spark with your partner

At what age did you feel like you were losing spark with your partner? I have been in a relationship for 3 years with the same person (we are not in an open relationship) and now we only have sex about twice per week

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 7:56 AM

Ask the Breeders, they have a 50% divorce rate. I am sure they know all about it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 4:52 AM

Twice a week. Honey, you are still in the throes of passion. Give it 20 more years. It’s a reality that the sex drive changes. Especially for gay men who are used to variety. Learn to look for deeper things that connect. Sex is not the basis for a lifetime relationship/partnership.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 5:30 AM

R2 is a wise man.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 5:33 AM

OP are you starting to desire an open relationship? R2 That was a beautiful post.🥰👌

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 5:38 AM

Twice a week is average for most straight and gay couples unless you are really young or just met.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 5:43 AM

Consider an open relationship where you BOTH pick the sex partner for each other. Hide in the closet/spare bedroom/bathroom/you get the point. Discuss the sex act after the fact and inevitably you will be fucking your brains out after listening in - men LOVE watching/hearing their man getting it. The scenario is almost always HOT and you will thank me if you take a walk on the wild side. Don't forget to push his boundaries in the process. Ask the trick (pretend to be him during the A4A or Grindr dialogue) to spank him, pull his hair, talk dirty - do something that you always wanted to do - but don't for whatever reason. Talk about spice.... It works, trust me - TRY IT.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 5:54 AM

I hope R6 is joking. Or an 8 year old school girl.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 6:40 AM

That is a circus, R6. Not a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 6:44 AM

Dreamers! Always looking for a spark? Does he make you come, or not? You sound like a teenager.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 6:50 AM

Twice a week sex is a sign of losing the spark? Talk to me when the frequency goes down to twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 7:00 AM

[quote] Hide in the closet/spare bedroom/bathroom

A couple pulled that shit on me. I almost punched the second guy's lights out. I thought I was being raped.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 7:49 AM

So the sex addiction treatment is working, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 7:50 AM

That's fucked up that someone did that too you R11. People need to grow some balls if they want to have sex with you and stop playing prepubescent games when they claim to be mature enough to be in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 7:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!