Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Now in the Lead by 10 Points in New Hampshire

Bros freaking the fuck out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2019 1:34 AM

It's important to note that this isn't a reputable pollster and the poll has a large MOE, as Bernie Bros and Warren fans are now enthusiastically pointing out on Twitter. It might be showing a trend, though.

Having said that, I assure you nobody had an issue with this poll just last month when Warren was in the lead and Pete was at 8%...

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 2:37 AM

Quinnipiac poll released today shows Pete with 0% support among African-American voters in South Carolina. He can't win the nomination with the support of black voters.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

Yes, this poll just had a sample size of 200-some voters which is unusually small.

Of course it wouldn't surprise me if Pete is doing well in New Hampshire. Like Iowa, it is almost entirely white which works to his advantage.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

Well bend me over a plop a pillbox on me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

Why can't he win without black support? Elizabeth Warren could win without reality.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 2:45 AM

His lack of support among non-white voters is going to be a major issue in Nevada r2. even before the race shifts to SC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 2:46 AM

He doesn’t need black voters. Tired of this non-truth being constantly repeated.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Black voters make up about 24% of the Democratic primary electorate r7. Black voters are crucial to the Democratic party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 2:51 AM

Because black voters account for a quarter of the Democratic base R5.

Biden has a large majority of the black vote followed by Sanders and Warren which is a whole lot better than people with zero support like Mayor Pete.

You can't have 0% support.

Even beyond that, once Obama beat Hillary (who had the support of the black vote) for the nomination, his support from black voters went up.

He then went on to win every state where black voters accounted for 20% of the population or more.

You can't underestimate their power.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 2:56 AM

Black voters were also crucial to Clinton beating Sanders in the primary last go around.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 2:57 AM

Here's speculation on who will most savagely attack Pete in the debates tomorrow night-

[quote] If the (Amy) Klobuchar Express is ever going to leave the station, it’s going to do so Wednesday, by running over Pete Buttigieg.

[quote] Klobuchar, a Minnesotan, was supposed to be the aw-shucks heartland candidate who could beat Donald Trump because she understands white people who strap deer carcasses to the roofs of their cars while they’re buying chewing tobacco at 7-Eleven. Her temper is notorious, and the New York Times, citing “witnesses,” has reported that “a simple mention of Mr. Buttigieg’s name during a conversation in the Senate chamber between Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and Ms. Klobuchar was enough to make Ms. Klobuchar extremely agitated.”

But all the candidates will be gunning for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 3:00 AM

And I've said this before but it isn't just black voters, Pete's bad numbers in Nevada are largely due to his low standing with Hispanic voters.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 3:00 AM

[quote]Pete with 0% support among African-American voters in South Carolina. He can't win the nomination with the support of black voters.

Because black voters as a whole have been shown to be largely homophobic. Remember, they were the group who pushed the vote over the top to ban gay marriage in California. The Mormons knew this same fact and spent thousands of dollars just targeting that community to vote against gay and it work.

And spare the the race argument about him. He is not racist for firing a police chief for breaking the law. Even if we pretend that he was, Trump is far more racist in deed and act, yet he still gets a 13% of the black vote. The only difference is that Pete is gay.

I just saw Al Sharpton say just the other day on Morning Joe, "Black people need to face their homophobia, you all have a family member who is probably gay"

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 3:04 AM

We see what you're doing. You keep bringing up Pete versus minority voters while ignoring other candidates problems with those very same demographics. Please shut the fuck up and crawl back to your Bernie and Warren fan sites, your shtick is getting old and world out like your holes.

And we also see your bullshit too R13. Keep driving that wedge. Is that all you've got?

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 3:06 AM

[quote] Her temper is notorious

I hear this about Klobuchar all the time, but I've never seen her getting even slightly angry in debates or interviews. You would think some of it would show.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 3:07 AM

[quote] Remember, they were the group who pushed the vote over the top to ban gay marriage in California.

But let’s look the other way when it comes to the majority of those voters were white.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 3:08 AM

Trying to blame it on just homophobia is infantile r13. Yes, there is more homophobia among black voters compared to white democratic voters, but the majority of black people are still supportive of gay rights.

Black people tend to support establishment candidates who are seen as electable. Why exactly should a Mayor from some town in Indiana be the person who represents the party against Trump?!

Pete Buttigieg's Tracey Flick upstart persona doesn't tend to have a lot of appeal in black and latino communities.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Let’s not forget that historically blacks don’t come out to vote when it’s election time, just like young people. Hell, the majority of America doesn’t vote.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 3:09 AM

A higher percentage of black people voted in the 2012 election than white people voted r18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 3:11 AM

It went back to being lower in 2016, R19. That was an arguably more important election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 3:17 AM

Pointing out other candidates' issues with minority voters doesn't make Pete look better. In fact, it is an extremely weak argument. If he can't get non-whites excited for him, that's on him. Screeching "But,but,but....Warren" may make you feel good but it's not going to help.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 3:20 AM

[quote]Pete Buttigieg's Tracey Flick upstart persona doesn't tend to have a lot of appeal in black and latino communities.

Gurl, I will just die if one of the candidates hits Pete with a read like this at the debate.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 3:20 AM

[quote]Black people tend to support establishment candidates who are seen as electable. Why exactly should a Mayor from some town in Indiana be the person who represents the party against Trump?!

Maybe because he is just as electable as any of the others running except maybe Biden? Why then did they support a billionaire from NYC known for his racist add placed in the local paper? The real question is why is he rated lower then all the others only by the black community?

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2019 3:24 AM

[quote]Pointing out other candidates' issues with minority voters doesn't make Pete look better. In fact, it is an extremely weak argument. If he can't get non-whites excited for him, that's on him. Screeching "But,but,but....Warren" may make you feel good but it's not going to help.

But you all are so fucking transparent. Pete isn't the only candidate with this particular issue, but you all keep bringing it up about him.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2019 3:24 AM

My god, the Twitter meltdown that is in progress right now...

I wonder how is it that this inoffensive homosexual who's come out of nowhere triggers some Dems to such an extent? More than Trump, even. This is such a mystery to me.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2019 3:27 AM

[quote]Hell, the majority of America doesn’t vote.

Not true. In 2016 it was 58% that's about 174 million people.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2019 3:27 AM

Because it is far more pronounced with Pete r24. Sure, Warren does better with white voters than black/latino voters as well, but she still has a solid base of support with those groups.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2019 3:29 AM

This is not the most solid poll, but he’s clearly moving up in NH regardless. Also I love Pete but it’s dumb as fuck or just flat out trolling to say he doesn’t “need the black vote”, uh he very, very much does. Outreach and name recognition are extremely crucial right now .. of course Bernie/Warren lunatics on Twitter are working overtime to kneecap him in any and all efforts..

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote] But you all are so fucking transparent. Pete isn't the only candidate with this particular issue, but you all keep bringing it up about him.

That's because it's more of an issue for him than it is with other candidates. Warren and Sanders support may be poor with minorities, but Pete's is non-existent. I don't know what you mean by "transparent", when people are just stating the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2019 3:30 AM

[quote]Pete Buttigieg's Tracey Flick upstart persona doesn't tend to have a lot of appeal in black and latino communities.

Oh, so I get it, black people have to be entertained or feel warm and fuzzy to vote for someone? That is infantile.

Try voting for the issues for a change.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2019 3:30 AM

Because these Bernie Bros didn't see his success coming, R25. They thought his candidacy would die a quick death just like the other marginal candidates. They didn't expect him to not only be top 4, but also be top 2 (or #1 in some cases) in the earliest states. It kills them.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2019 3:31 AM

After the Iowa and now this poll, I can safely say that now the so-called left leaning media has officially started a smear campaign against Pete. I noticed today on my Facebook feed, Buzzfeed, The Atlantic, Vox and others writing screed articles on how Pete is finished or how he never had a chance or is irrelevant. They won't even hide their bias.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2019 3:33 AM

Three focus groups with 24 uncommitted African American voters in South Carolina revealed that Buttigieg’s sexuality was an issue for them. “Being gay was a barrier for these voters, particularly for the men who seemed deeply uncomfortable even discussing it,” reported the Benenson Strategy Group, which conducted the focus groups. “Their preference is for his sexuality to not be front and center.”

- The Washington Post

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Oh, so I get it, black people have to be entertained or feel warm and fuzzy to vote for someone? That is infantile.

Unfortunately, the same is true for most Democratic voters. We have touched this in the other thread. Dems have got to stop relying on candidate's appeal factor as the only motivator for voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2019 3:36 AM

Nobody gives a shit about the lack of black support! If they don’t want to support him, then they can fuck off and go vote for Trump or not vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2019 3:38 AM

Unfortunately R35, no Dem can will without the black vote. Too much of a big slice of the voting pie. If Pete gets the nomination and they fail to support him and come out and vote, we will all have 4 more years of Trump on steroids and unleashed. They will be sorry once the white nationalists start getting seats in his cabinet, and elected to the supreme court.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2019 3:42 AM

Yes, the focus group found that was a problem for *some* black voters r33. What about the rest of them? What also came up that focus group was his lack of experience and young age, but that didn't get as much coverage.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2019 3:42 AM

Not sure the poll is accurate, if you followed the Siena polling last year it was pretty obvious that 200 voters isn't enough and you need closer to 400 for it to be a good sample. I'll say that if Buttigieg does win Iowa then i'd say he has a good chance to win New Hampshire and then would be a good time to see what the polls in South Carolina say.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2019 3:44 AM

Because Millennials won't vote for anyone over 40.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 3:47 AM

[quote]And I've said this before but it isn't just black voters, Pete's bad numbers in Nevada are largely due to his low standing with Hispanic voters.

Nevada is the first state where Pete broke into the top three back in May. He has neglected the Southwest and Hispanics and remains behind Biden, Sanders, and Warren. With Castro and Beto out of the way, he is starting to track above 6th place. He and Harris are pretty much fighting for 4th/5th place among Hispanics. Castro has fallen to 6th.

Among Hispanics nationally Biden, Sanders, and Warren are the top three in that order.

73% of Hispanic voters will vote for Democrats in the 2020 election

16% for Republicans

11% are undecided/independent

If the momentum swings Pete's way. There is no way he would lose Nevada to Biden or Bernie. Especially when it was Nevada where he made his first splash. Even if he has neglected the Southwest and Hispanics to concentrate his efforts in the Rustbelt and Southeast, the precedent is there that he could scalp Biden and Bernie in the Southwest, Hispanic central.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2019 3:49 AM

[quote]Because black voters as a whole have been shown to be largely homophobic.

Out of the entire group of people running 40% of the black vote is going to Biden because they see him as a "sure thing."

Most of the candidates don't have the black vote at all, besides Pete.

[quote]Three focus groups with 24 uncommitted African American voters in South Carolina revealed that Buttigieg’s sexuality was an issue for them. “Being gay was a barrier for these voters, particularly for the men who seemed deeply uncomfortable even discussing it,” reported the Benenson Strategy Group, which conducted the focus groups. “Their preference is for his sexuality to not be front and center.”

I see R33 of the asswhipe troll brigade is here.

You could have posted the original article titled, "The Ugly Lie About Black Voters and Pete Buttigieg" which is:

1. An opinion piece.

2. That quote comes from a Buttigieg campaign memo.

3. The article mentions many other points written to show people that [bold]no, black people aren't as homophobic as some Pete supporters would like you to believe and that Pete's real problem is, when the article was written, that he hadn't actually gone to many black people and spoken to them [/bold] because it seems once he did, it alleviated any concerns from the homophobic that exist since it was less about him being gay and more about PEOPLE DIDN'T KNOW WHO HE WAS AND THEY WERE SUPPORTING PEOPLE THAT THEY KNEW LIKE BIDEN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2019 3:49 AM

[quote]Yes, the focus group found that was a problem for *some* black voters [R33]. What about the rest of them? What also came up that focus group was his lack of experience and young age, but that didn't get as much coverage.

You mean like Barack Obama an equally young Senator from Illinois?

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2019 3:49 AM

Huh? Obama was about a decade older than Pete, and as you point out, he was a United States Senator, not a mayor.

But yes still. Black voters were a little skeptical about supporting Obama til after he won Iowa. Clinton had strong support among the black community.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2019 3:55 AM

Pete MUST give a viral speech about race and equality for minorities ASAP.

It's practically written for him — he knows intimately what it's like to be The Other in America.

Otherwise, he is wasting everyone's time. African Americans are the Democratic base. To be running in the 20s with AAs in South Carolina would be worrying. To be at 0% even at this point is encouraging party suicide.

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2019 3:56 AM

[quote]he knows intimately what it's like to be The Other in America.

Not according to white Bernie and Warren supporters.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2019 3:58 AM

Pete needs to drop out. He is just a spoiler with zero chance of being elected.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2019 3:58 AM

Facts don't lie. While all races are to blame, the fact is people of color show the lowest amount of support for the GLBT community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2019 3:59 AM

[quote]Pete needs to drop out. He is just a spoiler with zero chance of being elected.

OK Boomer.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2019 4:01 AM

While Pete is being described as unelectable and unlikable, he is simultaneously rising in the polls. So those two things are unconnected? The fact that he is rising has no significance at all? He’s winning states, but everyone who sees him thinks he’s horrible? So, basically none of these polls have any meaning at all?Or blacks are an alien species with nothing in common with whites, so therefore they can’t possibly relate to anything a white guy could say? What about the other 43 white Presidents before Trump and Obama?

I’d like to see somebody tell Warren or Sanders that if it were them.

My guess is once he spends some time talking to black people in person, and they get to hear what he says, he will win some voters. But all they know now is “that white guy that fired the police chief for no reason except he was black.” How long do you think that will hold up once people actually know anything about him? It will boil down to, homophobic blacks and (probably younger) blacks that don’t care as much. .

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2019 4:03 AM

[quote] It's practically written for him — he knows intimately what it's like to be The Other in America.

No, he doesn't. Gay discrimination does not compare to other types of discrimination. And saying it does is a slap in the face to groups you want to represent.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2019 4:06 AM

So will black people vote if Biden ends up being the nominee and picks Pete as VP? LOL

Seriously, black voters aside, it makes a lot of sense to put a young, smart guy on the ticket who would appeal to the military voters and swing voters who are very moderate.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2019 4:06 AM

I don't know whether Mayor Pete will win NH or not but it's so fun to watch the Bernie Bros squirm.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2019 4:08 AM

[quote] Gay discrimination does not compare to other types of discrimination.

Yes, its much worse to be gay. People of color have non discrimination laws they can point to in regards to things like employment. Gays, = 0 federal laws for that.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2019 4:08 AM

R49, he has spent (and will continue to spend) so much time in South Carolina talking to black voter, orgs, etc. It's bullshit to say that he hasn't engaged black voters. There are a few reasons he doesn't appeal to them: (1) they still don't know him because he is not a household name; (2) homophobia; and (3) constant smear campaigns by Bernie Bros and Liz Warren fans.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2019 4:09 AM

I pop around the various gawker media sites and every one of them HAAAAAAAATE pete and have since day one. it's kind of a weird 'eat your own' thing that they have going on while simultaneously going all in with the 'ok boomer' stuff.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2019 4:11 AM

[quote] Yes, its much worse to be gay. People of color have non discrimination laws they can point to in regards to things like employment. Gays, = 0 federal laws for that.

Keep banging that drum, while Pete hid in the closet most of his life. What great "otherness" has he suffered?

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2019 4:13 AM

R50: it's not a contest.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2019 4:13 AM

I think he has a better chance of winning over black voters than Warren or Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2019 4:14 AM

R54 is correct. Pete has been trying for a while to get black people to listen to him, all he gets though is talk to the hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2019 4:15 AM

His comms director who also runs his debate prep tweeted the Jon Snow meme yesterday. So they definitely know he's getting his ass eaten tonight. Poor Petey. And poor Chasten, having to watch his husband get his cock cleaned live on the national stage. But that's politics, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2019 4:16 AM

Give it up r60, there is nothing in your post that says he is getting beaten by anyone. The polls show quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2019 4:19 AM

If he does get the nomination and blacks didn't back him there will be massive surrogate effort to build bridges. It's not all or nothing. If it is, it's gotta be Biden, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2019 4:22 AM

It is incredible to witness Twitter's meltdown over every little thing he says and does.. his mere existence at all. 7 months ago these people saw a headline about a 37 year old gay mayor from Indiana running for president and thought "aw, that's nice - I hope he has fun." Fast forward to the present, and he's one of the most serious contenders in the entire race. They slept on his political talent and his hustle and now they're pissed.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2019 4:24 AM

[quote]Facts don't lie

American Values Atlas ? A religious front is your source?

All three major ethnic groups in the US support gay rights with Whites (62%) and Hispanics (58%) leading the way. If anything, three years ago the percentage of acceptance of Homosexuality were 3% higher for Hispanics (61%) and one percent higher for whites (63%).

Here is the kicker, 61% of Catholics accept gay rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Idk if they will go after him that much, at the end of the day it's Biden who is ahead in most polls of different states not named Iowa and New Hampshire. r62 A black VP would go a long way on that front.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2019 4:26 AM

Yup, R63. They know he's incredibly skilled and they don't know what to do about it. Sorry Berners, your old Socialist will not be the nominee. It may not be Pete either, but I guarantee that Bernie will never be president.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2019 4:27 AM

It’s become cool to ridicule Pete on twitter. That’s stupid. Democrats should be looking to fight Trump, not each other.

I get the impression the Democrats will never win another election again, because voters are going to refuse to compromise vote because that’s now a dirty word. Meanwhile, Republicans will vote for Satan without blinking an eye.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2019 4:27 AM

What R63 said.

And this is where a kind of secondary homophobia is cropping up — certain "diehard liberals" think it's great to have a gay man running for president, but when he's actually competitive for the actual office, they're kinda grossed out. So they're picking him apart in a million ways.

They won't vote for Trump, but they'll just stay home.

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2019 4:28 AM

I’m laughing my ass off at R13 jumping through all sorts of logical hoops just so he can continue to be the racist that he desperately wants to be. “Blacks are homophobes, so ....”

I hate to break this you, you racist dipshit, but ten years ago when your rights were being stripped away in state after state, it wasn’t black people who were doing it.

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2019 4:29 AM

r67 That did us in in 2016, Berniacs stayed home, voted for Stein or voted for Trump. Hillary tried compromising with Bernie and his supporters and it got her no where with his Bernie bros. If Biden or Buttigieg win the nomination they should tell Bernie and his crowd to go fuck themselves if they want compromise because history showed us they won't support the democratic nominee anyway.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2019 4:30 AM

Twitter doesn't matter. You may as well cite the unmedicated lunatic with shopping cart on the corner.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2019 4:31 AM

Geez just go away, Pete.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2019 4:33 AM

[quote] No, he doesn't. Gay discrimination does not compare to other types of discrimination. And saying it does is a slap in the face to groups you want to represent.

The nerve you have to write this on a gay message board no less. Go fuck yourself frau.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2019 4:34 AM

He's smart not to make being gay a part of his campaign, it would only offend the other victim Olympics participants.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2019 4:37 AM

R69 just cant handle the facts when it comes to the black vote and homophobia. The truth is seven in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8 to ban gay marriage, in California. Thank god it got turned over a few years later, but had it been left of to the states, you still would not be able to get married in Calif if you were gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2019 4:46 AM

Look, shitheads, how people voted on a gay marriage proposition in one state several years ago or a poll about religious-based service discrimination has little to do with how they'll vote in a US presidential election with Trump as one of the choices. Pete may not be the top choice of many black voters but in the unlikely event he gets the nomination, I suspect that most black voters will be pragmatic and vote for him to get Trump out.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2019 4:53 AM

True, R70. They're the flip-side of Cheeto supporters. Just as irrational, looking for a cult figure, and not really caring about the end result. They don't want compromise. They'd rather have a destroyed country, children in cages and everything else Trump and his cronies have done. Of course, not much of that personally affects them as middle class white people, so why would they care?

by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2019 4:59 AM

R67 I think the trope is that when Democrats lose, they think they’ll never win again, and when they win, they think they’ll never lose again.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote]Pete may not be the top choice of many black voters but in the unlikely event he gets the nomination, I suspect that most black voters will be pragmatic and vote for him to get Trump out.

That's what they said about Hillary. Blacks stayed home in large numbers.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2019 4:59 AM

[quote] The truth is seven in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8 to ...

This was 11 years ago, yes a whole decade, and as studies have shown many people's opinions have change.

And as R76 has said, black people will continue to be pragmatic if he gets the nomination and vote for him.

[quote]It’s become cool to ridicule Pete on twitter. That’s stupid. Democrats should be looking to fight Trump, not each other.

To be fair: It's Twitter.

Everyone they love they without a doubt always turn against from Chris Evans "Twitter's Boyfriend" to Antony from Queer Eye to Lizzo.

However, I'd argue that Twitter does have some significance. It's a giant poll in and of itself. 1 in 5 people or rather 22% of people on the US use it. It generates news stories. It's used by organizations, reporters and politicians to break news. While it doesn't always reflect reality it does reflect a portion of it at this point.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2019 5:03 AM

Does Pete carry hot sauce in his purse? I hear that’s all the rage with the colored folk.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2019 5:04 AM

[quote] That's what they said about Hillary. Blacks stayed home in large numbers.

Not really. Only a slightly smaller percentage of black voters than white went to the polls. And 95 percent of black women who voted went for Hillary, which is a vastly larger percentage than any other demographic. Plus, in 2016, we knew Trump was an asshole but we had no idea exactly how bad a Trump presidency could be. Now that people know what they're up against, I think a larger number than in 2016 will be motivated to get out and vote.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2019 5:11 AM

[quote]Twitter does have some significance.

Hardly, its way over quoted by the press as the pulse of of America. Twitter draws a certain type of personality that is shallow, self promoting, trolling attention whores which really represent the majority of people in America. What they like or hate is very, very skewed.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2019 5:11 AM

^^^which really does NOT represent the majority^^

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2019 5:12 AM

They really started to hate him when he dare criticize Warrens 52 trillion boondoogle medicare for all mandatory throwing people onto a government program whether they want to or not plan. God forbid Pete wanted to give people a choice whether to keep their insurance or go on Medicare...no twitter demanded people lose their private insurance, even if they liked it.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]Hardly, its way over quoted by the press as the pulse of of America.

And because it is, that's why it has some significance since those stories go to everyone whether they are on Twitter or not?

[quote]Twitter draws a certain type of personality that is shallow, self promoting, trolling attention whores which (does NOT represent the) majority of people in America.

Like I said, "While it doesn't always reflect reality it does reflect a 'portion' of it at this point."

We're really not disagreeing R83.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2019 5:16 AM

[quote]That's what they said about Hillary. Blacks stayed home in large numbers.

It wasn't that blacks stayed home in huge numbers — HISPANICS stayed home in huge numbers, despite Trump's inflammatory and racist language, which could not possibly have been more inflammatory and racist, against Hispanics.

Remember the huge Hispanic Wave that was supposed to rise up and coast Hillary to victory? I remember early in the evening on Election Day when the exit polls came in from Florida and they said Hispanic turnout was identical to 2012. That's when I knew it was over.

Hispanics are, by and large, rigid social conservatives. There are enough African Americans who disapprove of gays that even if Gay Obama ran, they wouldn't vote for him, and that would screw us over. With a gay candidate, Hispanics — who already showed they'll vote (or abstain) against their own interests — could stay home in even larger numbers.

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2019 5:20 AM

r87 Blacks are still more important because they can sway an election in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan by their turnout and Hillary lost all 3 by razor thin margins though i'll say Arizona will be important in 2020 and Hispanic definitely come into play there.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2019 5:27 AM

Blacks did not show up for Hillary like they did for Obama, that's proven fact. I don't recall Hispanics doing the same thing. Both groups swing more on the conservative side of social issues except for themselves. Florida really doesn't count because those "Hispanics" are mostly Cubans who vote Repug the minute they set foot on land. And unlike Mexicans or anyone else for that matter, they are allowed to become US citizen the minute they reach land as refugees. They have a sort of self entitled kind of mentality about immigration.

by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2019 5:32 AM

Hispanics are key to Florida, R88, which Hillary also lost. And Florida could particularly be in play in 2020 because of the influx of Puerto Rico residents who remember Trump's inhumanity — unless Pete runs.

I was raised Catholic, as were most Hispanics. Being gay is a ticket to hell, per the religion. Ergo, voting for a gay man is a ticket to hell.

UNLESS Pete starts making some real attempts to address these fears and bridge the gaps in a transcendent way a la Obama. He can do it – we've seen how smart and articulate he is.

by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2019 5:33 AM

[quote] as were most Hispanics. Being gay is a ticket to hell,

More like a ticket to the back room behind the alter.

by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2019 5:37 AM

Well I agree with you about Hispanic culture R90, but that's just fucked up that an openly gay man has to cow-tow to old religious views of a minority or a majority. The ones who SHOULD do the changing are the ones with the problem.

If we are going to finger point, shouldn't we start first with the haters? Instead of expecting the target of their hate to "win them over"?

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2019 5:41 AM

Trust me, I know, R91.

For Catholic families, as long as your preteen son didn't get fucked by the priest who presided over his First Communion, you're blessed by God and no more needs to be said about it.

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2019 5:42 AM

Forget about Florida, it's not happening in 2020, those midwestern retirees are killing us there plus the rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2019 5:44 AM

Yep, Florida is gone regardless who become the Democratic nominee. I'ts as red as a prolapsed shutter.

They don't call it the Redneck Riviera for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2019 5:48 AM

And with Pete as a front-runner (even in just one state), we're going to have to deal with tons of straight women who think gays are great to have as pets, but it's not fair that a gay man should be president before a heterosexual female (Hillary).

Just throwing this out there ... because it's out there. And a response should be planned for it, if Pete's team is at all awake.

People need the weakest excuse to stay home but require the strongest argument to get them to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2019 5:49 AM

r96 Most women don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2019 5:51 AM

But the women who DO give a shit could sit on their hands and stay home in protest.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2019 5:52 AM

Pete has been given every advantage. Gay men should stop whining. He's still a right wing drone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2019 5:55 AM

Cory is VP material. Not Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Cory Booker just isn't going to happen, stop trying to make it happen.

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2019 5:59 AM

Booker is a fraud. He grew up in a rich affluent area. He moved into a bad neighborhood so he could get his foot in the door as a politician so he can claim he lives in the hood.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2019 6:01 AM

So now the ultra left wants to use corporate credit card lobbyist Cory Booker as some kind of buffer. Does progressive twitter even know what they're doing.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2019 6:03 AM

Booker was a big homophobe until it became politically advantages to "evolve".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2019 6:05 AM

Bernie Sanders is the best we have at beating trump. HE carries young voters (very, very important) and the rust belt too. It looks like Elizabeth Warren is doing better too.

African-Americans HATE Trump.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2019 6:07 AM

The similarities made Booker confront the origin of his hatred.

“It didn’t take me long to realize that the root of my hatred did not lie with gays but with myself. It was my problem. A problem I dealt with by ceasing to tolerate gays and instead seeking to embrace them.”

“The gay people with whom I am close are some of the strongest, most passionate, and caring people I know and their demands for justice are no less imperative than those of any other community.”

“I have never sought to preach self-righteous psychobabble, but the temptation here is almost overwhelming. I have seen many of my male friends – no matter whether they’re on the football field or inside a church – bash gays and then revel in their machismo or piety.”

Booker concluded that he would continue to work on increasing his tolerance.

“I will never point a finger when the finger is best pointed at me. Also, occasionally I still find myself acting defensively if someone thinks I am gay or sometimes I remain silent when others slam or slander. These realizations hurt me deeply. I must continue to struggle for personal justice. This is my most important endeavor.”

Cory evolved. When you're not calling him a fag, you're calling him a homophobe? Pete remains a racist.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2019 6:13 AM

r106 He's so in the closet he invented some dumb story about being homophobic

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2019 6:15 AM

Sanders is so last election cycle. And young voters still the lowest percent of turn out of any age group.

2016 Results

18-29yrs = 46%

65 + = 70.9%

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2019 6:18 AM

The reply at R99 is the perfect example of what Pete has to overcome if he wants to be a real contender.

He's too queer for moderate/swing/Trump-defecting voters — think about the children! — and too conservative for many, many gays/minorities/women/Bernie Bros/progressives.

So he could get caught in between and we could end up with another Reagan-Mondale sweep, even with someone was reprehensible as Trump.

UNLESS HE STARTS BRIDGING THE GAP. A man named Barack Hussein Obama did it. Just seeming competent and calm in debates isn't enough. He has to INSPIRE. Pete may not be capable of it; I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2019 6:19 AM

Yes We Can. But not with lil Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2019 6:19 AM

[QUOTE]Pete remains a racist.

You have no facts to base that on. Stop spreading fake news.

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2019 6:20 AM

I'll say also that Pete doesn't really seem like he's playing to win — he's trying to be respectable (as usual) and is as surprised as anyone else that as a gay man he's doing so well.

I trust his team will be trying to turn this around, this week.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2019 6:21 AM

Bookers a homophobe. What has he done for the gay community? Has he reached out to us like the black community expects Pete to do? Has he come into West Hollywood and danced with the male strippers, sat down at brunch with cameras for all to see? Passed any laws to protect us? Come in to our neighborhoods and not just make speeches about us from afar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2019 6:23 AM

You're an idiot R113. And a racist. Your 30 + posts on this thread are all negative racist stereotypes and hate mongering against black men and women. I suggest you cease and desist. Or you might get gone. Sit your lying ass down. Like you've been dancing with strippers in Weho? When? In 1978 when you were 25. Take your girl crush for the tiny mayor and put it in a jar of perspective. Try living in the world the rest of us inhabit. White men and women are the ones who handed Trump his victory. Facts are facts. Now get some rest. Pete is gonna talk tough tomorrow. You'll need kleenex. For that kitten sneeze you call an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2019 6:32 AM

Pete served his country, what did Booker do except spend time getting over his homophobia?

“Buttigieg was awarded the Joint Service Commendation Medal and the Joint Meritorious Unit Award and was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy Reserve in 2017."

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2019 6:34 AM

[quote] Or you might get gone. Sit your lying ass down. Like you've been dancing with strippers in Weho? When? In 1978 when you were 25. Take your girl crush for the tiny mayor and put it in a jar of perspective.

One word describes this language = Ghetto

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2019 6:37 AM

Nope.

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2019 6:39 AM

[quote]If a white gay man cannot admit even the most basic notions of our collective political reality, how long-standing prejudices and institutional barriers inform them, and how that disproportionately impacts the most vulnerable groups among us, what good is this outreach? Does he even mean it? A white man gay may have it harder than a straight white man, but he still yields a lot of privilege over the rest of us. Ask Elizabeth Warren, who could never get away with putting policy proposals in rice as he shows off his “likability.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2019 7:27 AM

Aunt Pete

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2019 7:36 AM

Nice try r119, but I see nothing wrong with that clip. Pete was a Mayor and unlike the orange turd in the office he represents everyone in his district not just the people who elected him.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2019 7:46 AM

Mayo Pete is contagious. That dance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2019 7:55 AM

spicy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2019 8:21 AM

Booker doesn’t poll with blacks.

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2019 8:35 AM

Whatever, r73. You're just pissed because it's true. Being in the closet, his discrimination is completely different than other groups that have faced discrimination their whole lives. To attempt to make a bridge between gay discrimination and other types of discrimination is foolish and would only backfire on him. Him and his husband are using white women because gay men believe white women are useful idiots and judging by the idiots in the midwest, they are right. Why do you think he's trying extra hard to be all nicey-nice. No one on earth would have to pretend to be that nice, except a gay white man.

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2019 11:47 AM

[quote]I was raised Catholic, as were most Hispanics. Being gay is a ticket to hell, per the religion. Ergo, voting for a gay man is a ticket to hell.

Most Catholics do not believe this. Maybe the minorities ones do, but the white ones definitely do not.

Most Catholics approve of birth control, and many, like Joe Biden, support abortion rights...which are also “tickets to hell”.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2019 11:49 AM

He certainly has the Presidential rhetoric down and probably the decision making process but he lacks experience. If there could be a Biden Buttigieg ticket that might be the best shot.

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2019 12:40 PM

[quote]Her temper is notorious, and the New York Times, citing “witnesses,” has reported that “a simple mention of Mr. Buttigieg’s name during a conversation in the Senate chamber between Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey and Ms. Klobuchar was enough to make Ms. Klobuchar extremely agitated.”

Staplers and combs are going to be flying on stage tonight. Amy is done playing around.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2019 12:43 PM

Just another fun thread with a handful of liberal white gays trying to blame the minorities. Hillary didn't win -- blame the blacks!! Pete won't win -- blame the blacks!! At some point some of you are going to need to start looking in your own damned mirrors and within your own families and communities to find out what the problems really are instead of just blaming minorities for everything.

This is why I hate democratic primaries. The party always shows its true bigoted colors, while publicly cloaked in a wardrobe of diversity and inclusion. Some of you bitches are just fake. Fake fake fake.

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2019 12:47 PM

Hi AIKC at R114

I think the motivation for Deval Patrick's entrance in the race is to gain national attention to position himself for vice president. If not for Bain Capital, Patrick might be the answer to the white candidates problems.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2019 1:12 PM

R17 [quote] Pete Buttigieg's Tracey Flick upstart persona doesn't tend to have a lot of appeal in black and latino communities.

LOL!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2019 1:18 PM

Nice to know that while we’re watching impeachment hearings against Trump, knowing the Senate will never convict no matter what is revealed, black activists see absolutely no reason to vote for a white candidate not of their choosing if he’s the nominee. Because “so what? I don’t care what Trump does in his second term. It will never affect me.”

If black people think another term of Trump isn’t going to harm them in any way, I have a bridge to sell you, really cheap.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2019 1:30 PM

R131, Biased loud mouths on the internet who support other candidates are not the gatekeepers for black voters.

Most black voters literally dont even know who he is yet.

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2019 1:35 PM

[quote] If black people think another term of Trump isn’t going to harm them in any way, I have a bridge to sell you, really cheap.

The complete and utter arrogance of telling other groups what is good for them. Don't wonder why you're hated. This is why.

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2019 1:45 PM

[quote]If black people think another term of Trump isn’t going to harm them in any way, I have a bridge to sell you, really cheap.

Did you just completely pull that out of your ass? Do you even know any black people?

by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2019 1:56 PM

R70: Everything in your post is utterly untrue. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2019 2:16 PM

This focus on race is exactly what the GOP wants. Liberals always fall for this trap. We blow the dog whistle for them.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2019 2:34 PM

[quote]Forget about Florida, it's not happening in 2020, those midwestern retirees are killing us there plus the rednecks.

The candidate will NOT win without Florida. Too many electoral votes. The state is full of retirees and transplants from New England as well, and Puerto Ricans still bitter over Hurricane Maria. DJT only won 29 electoral votes by a small margin.

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2019 2:36 PM

[quote]This focus on race is exactly what the GOP wants. Liberals always fall for this trap. We blow the dog whistle for them.

Blacks tend to make every issue about race, so it’s hard to blame the GOP for the divisiveness.

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2019 2:37 PM

Democrats can pretty easily win without winning Florida r137. Look at an electoral map and do the math.

I do agree that they should fight hard for Florida though. Florida is a real swing state. Trump barely won it. And the GOP barely won it in 2018. These elections were decided by the smallest of margins.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote]Blacks tend to make every issue about race, so it’s hard to blame the GOP for the divisiveness.

Yes, because only black people are starting these, clearly, anti Pete threads. And posting about how black people are going to vote for him. Please, stop this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]Democrats can pretty easily win without winning Florida [R137]

They haven't done so in recent history.

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2019 2:44 PM

[quote] African-Americans HATE Trump.

That's not what my friend Kayne says. Or his friend Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2019 2:46 PM

R6, If the all powerful unions who run NV politics, like the casinos beforehand, switch from backing Biden to Mayor Pete, it won't matter who non-White voters choose. Likewise they shut down Bernie Sanders. Unions will do anything to avoid a Progressive.

by Anonymousreply 143November 20, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote] If we are going to finger point, shouldn't we start first with the haters? Instead of expecting the target of their hate to "win them over"?

Are you interested in winning an election or just feeling superior?

by Anonymousreply 144November 20, 2019 3:43 PM

Why don’t the blacks like Pete. He seems like a nice boy.

by Anonymousreply 145November 20, 2019 4:21 PM

R92 every president since this nation’s founding has had to wear some version of their religion on their sleeves to appease the faith of the majority. If someone’s not willing to do that then they should A) not run or B) accept the consequences, good or bad, of their decision.

It’s up to him to prove himself to the voters. We as voters don’t have to change views to appease a candidate’s life-long dream of being President.

I don’t like he setup but it’s the reality, like the Electora College, just do what you have to do to win and carry on.

by Anonymousreply 146November 20, 2019 7:17 PM

Funny that JFK was the only catholic president when there are so many Catholics in this country.

by Anonymousreply 147November 20, 2019 7:38 PM

[QUOTE] Blacks tend to make every issue about race, so it’s hard to blame the GOP for the divisiveness.

Hey, R138:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 20, 2019 7:50 PM

The Washington Post on the other candidates' plans to Get Pete tonight-

[quote] Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), meanwhile, seemed taken aback this week to learn Buttigieg had used a stock photo of a mother and child in Kenya to promote his proposal for black Americans and suggested it showed he was ill equipped to lead a diverse country. “He’s going to have to answer for that,” Harris said after laughing. “The Democratic nominee has got to be someone who has the experience of connecting with all of who we are as the diversity of the American people.”

[quote] Senator Warren: “I’m not running some consultant-driven campaign with proposals that have been carefully crafted not to offend big donors,” Warren said at a town hall in North Las Vegas on Sunday, in a comment seen by many as a shot at Buttigieg. “I passed that point a long time ago....I get it. It’s easy to give up on big ideas. You can make yourself so smart and so sophisticated,” Warren said. “But here’s the thing: When we give up on those big ideas, we give up on the people who would be touched by those ideas.”

[quote] Tom Vilsack, a close friend of Joe Biden: Vilsack compared Buttigieg to “the newest gadget or gimmick” that fascinates people as they flip through a holiday catalogue. In an interview, he suggested that the South Bend, Ind., mayor needs to prove he can withstand the heightened scrutiny of being a top-tier candidate. “We’ll see about Mayor Pete,” Vilsack said. “He may be able to take a punch. He may not. We just don’t know.” He added, “The vice president has shown he can take a punch, and I don’t know that the rest of these folks have actually had to take a punch yet, much less show they can take one now.”

(Pic below: Pete Buttigieg in "Battle of the Bastards")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 20, 2019 8:59 PM

Boy, Pete sure has attracted some PSYCHOTIC haters on here. One of them has started about 5 or 6 threads attacking just in the last day about him.

Stay triggered, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 150November 20, 2019 9:02 PM

Russian trolls Russianing, R150. You know they hate gay people, right?

by Anonymousreply 151November 20, 2019 9:05 PM

Joe Biden better not be joining this supposed anti-Pete pileup, or I’ll be pissed. If anything I expect Joe to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 152November 20, 2019 9:11 PM

Joe won't go after Pete it's not in his best interest. Pete winning Iowa is something Bidens campaign would want.

by Anonymousreply 153November 20, 2019 9:15 PM

Yeah but Pete winning Iowa AND New Hampshire is not something they’d want, so who knows what they’re calculating here.

by Anonymousreply 154November 20, 2019 9:17 PM

I'd really rather see a Warren/Buttigieg ticket (you take your pick for who's P, VP). I think Pete would make a good senator since that's what the veep is in charge of; I think Warren obviously could run the Senate as well. Pete COULD be Prez but what I'm afraid of is that the countries that have death as a punishment for being gay would try to harm him in some kind of way, a la John Hinckley, Jr. & Sirhan Sirhan, and then we end up moving the veep into Prez.

IF my scenario ends up being true, do you all agree that we would want to keep Nancy Pelosi as Speaker or should we think of someone else for 2020?

by Anonymousreply 155November 20, 2019 9:22 PM

Lots of people under 65 want a YOUNGER POTUS, gay or straight. Don’t discount that fact.

by Anonymousreply 156November 20, 2019 9:22 PM

[QUOTE] IF my scenario ends up being true, do you all agree that we would want to keep Nancy Pelosi as Speaker or should we think of someone else for 2020?

😂 Nancy Pelosi isn’t going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 157November 20, 2019 9:23 PM

[quote]Focused.

They use podiums and bright lights in his debate prep. Pretty sure there isn't an attack under the sun he hasn't prepped for by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 20, 2019 9:32 PM

R155 I'm also for Pete-warren or warren-pete. Schiff for speaker.

by Anonymousreply 159November 20, 2019 9:44 PM

R154 Pete winning both states might actually be preferable to Biden’s campaign to Bernie or Warren winning one. Bernie’s campaign is over if he can’t win one of those two.

by Anonymousreply 160November 20, 2019 9:56 PM

Pete/Warren. I spit out my whiskey. That lil dude will never be top of a ticket for the Democrat Party for President. NEVER. Warren is far more likely to choose Booker as her running mate. Hillary wanted Booker, but Robby Mook and other brainiacs told her no. It's not just a matter of color. Pete is corporate, conservative WITH a racial problem. Lil dude is a war monger closet republican. Booker is progressive in his policies, if not his donors. And he's not gay. Primarily.

Bernie or Warren are the only ones who can win this thing. They have lots of good choices of running mates. Pete ButtGig is not one of them. Biden might like lil gay Pete. They can end their political careers together in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 161November 20, 2019 10:09 PM

Pete/Obama (Michelle, my belle)

by Anonymousreply 162November 20, 2019 10:16 PM

Black voters didn’t think Obama was black enough.

by Anonymousreply 163November 20, 2019 10:51 PM

Black voters found out that Obama wasn't their friend.

by Anonymousreply 164November 20, 2019 10:57 PM

[Quote] Warren is far more likely to choose Booker as her running mate

As a Pete-Warren booster poster, let me say they are all likely to choose a noncandidate as their running mate.

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2019 12:12 AM

[quote]😂 Nancy Pelosi isn’t going anywhere

Nancy will die in the House.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2019 1:37 AM

[quote] Booker is progressive in his policies, if not his donors. And he's not gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Well, that cunt Tulsi Gabberd just took a thinly veiled homophobic swipe at him in the debates calling him weak. Apperently she hasn't "evolved" that much.

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2019 3:29 AM

Buttigieg doesn’t need the black vote to win because suburban white voters will desert Trump and vote for Pete!

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2019 3:29 AM

Since Tulsi asked for a fact check, yes Pete was talking about US-Mexico security assistance. Always happy to tweet a transcript

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2019 3:33 AM

[quote] Lil dude is a war monger closet republican.

that's just silly

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2019 3:47 AM

Not silly at all R171. Tiny pete is done. The mayo is spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2019 3:50 AM

You’re ignorant and vile r172

by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2019 4:18 AM

David Gergen just said a few moments ago that Pete's poor relations with the black people in his own city is "troubling".

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2019 4:22 AM

R174 Black people are never happy.

by Anonymousreply 175November 21, 2019 4:24 AM

Why are you so jealous of beautiful black men and women R175? You've posted more than 80 times on this thread now. All so much envy of beautiful black men. You can't have us and neither can lil racist pete. We don't want him. And if we don't want him, he best retire his big money, his wide hips and flat ass. He's a racist. As are you R175. But Pete went to school and gets invited a few places. He's a toilet trained gay. Too late for you. A few steps were missed in your development, I would guess.

by Anonymousreply 176November 21, 2019 4:31 AM

R176 is a homophobic Troll. He is all over the DL tonight about Pete. FF him. He needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 177November 21, 2019 4:52 AM

All the pundits agree on one thing, Tulsi had the worst night. That's what you get for attacking the gays. Cheap Shot Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 178November 21, 2019 4:55 AM

r177 has over 40 posts on this thread alone. All of them pertaining to POC and his hatred of blacks and female candidates. FF him! He's gone.

by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2019 4:58 AM

R179 has over 80 post on this thread with homophobic remarks, FF Him now!

There, two can play that game.

by Anonymousreply 180November 21, 2019 5:01 AM

Except I don't have even 15 posts on this thread. All of them illustrative. So you're a liar as well as a degenerate R180?

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2019 5:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182November 21, 2019 5:30 AM

Tiny pete is inspiring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 21, 2019 6:06 AM

true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 21, 2019 6:10 AM

Truth. Don't compare that tiny white thing to mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185November 21, 2019 6:18 AM

[quote]Mayor Pete has won 8,515 votes in his entire political career.

by Anonymousreply 186November 21, 2019 6:58 AM

Sorry trolls, nothing is going to change the fact that Pete is in the lead! You can post all the stupid childish videos you want, only one you are amusing is yourself.

by Anonymousreply 187November 21, 2019 7:02 AM

What say PollTroll

by Anonymousreply 188November 21, 2019 7:18 AM

R1 You are clearly biased, labeling Sanders supporters as “Bernie Bros” when the exact opposite has been proven (see below).

Now, I don’t know whether to take your shtick as a form of twisted misogyny or just plain stupidity. Maybe both?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 21, 2019 7:24 AM

R1 Oh, and this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2019 7:26 AM

Berni is as old as Joe. They both need to go.

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2019 7:28 AM

R143 Unions were created by Progressives.

by Anonymousreply 192November 21, 2019 8:00 AM

Iowa State University Poll Nov. 15-19 (B/C rating):

Buttigieg: 26%

Warren: 19%

Sanders: 18%

Biden: 12%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 21, 2019 11:24 AM

R189, Hillary said female bernie voters were supporting him to please boys.

by Anonymousreply 194November 21, 2019 11:32 AM

So strange that black voters don’t like someone who clearly is not racist and has experienced discrimination too. You can’t say it without be jumped on as a racist liberal, but the black community has at least as much homophobia as the the white- ironically. Jews are historically sympathetic to other minorities, but not the American black community.

by Anonymousreply 195November 21, 2019 11:40 AM

r195 It's not that they don't like him, it's that they're unfamiliar with him still. You can't dislike someone you've never heard of before. And he's at 60% unfamiliarity among black voters in South Carolina right now.

But that Name ID is going to change in the coming months and we'll see if they really don't like him then. But people are impatient and want him to jump in the SC polls overnight. He first had to do that in Iowa and NH, to be able to demonstrate electability. Now he can focus on SC. And other candidates are just starting to campaign there as well, by the way. We're 99 days away from the SC primary and a lot can still change.

by Anonymousreply 196November 21, 2019 11:52 AM

The Media created Warren to try to take some of the Bernie support and now they are going to demolish her and bring up this little man to further ruin the country.

by Anonymousreply 197November 21, 2019 11:59 AM

What some are too afraid to say because you need to kiss those church and establishment rings in SC in order to get anywhere...

[quote]I know a lot of Black people who support @PeteButtigieg. South Carolina though important, isn't the barometer for Black politics throughout America nor Black policy sentiments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198November 21, 2019 12:57 PM

[quote]Sorry trolls, nothing is going to change the fact that Pete is in the lead!

The next round of polling might.

by Anonymousreply 199November 21, 2019 6:12 PM

It might or might not. It's a fluid race, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if things do change.

by Anonymousreply 200November 21, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] Black voters found out that Obama wasn't their friend.

Sure, dude; that's why the only candidate with significant black support is Obama's VP.

by Anonymousreply 201November 21, 2019 6:15 PM

[quote] It might or might not. It's a fluid race, so it shouldn't come as a surprise if things do change.

Exactly my point, r200. At this point in the race, it's absurd to be crowing that "nothing is going to change" for any candidate.

by Anonymousreply 202November 21, 2019 6:17 PM

Well, yes, but that person was referring to the fact that he's *currently* in the lead in Iowa and possibly also NH. They weren't talking about the future.

by Anonymousreply 203November 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Sorry trolls, nothing is going to change the fact that Pete is in the lead!

[quote]The next round of polling might.

Well here you go, Pete and Warren top the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 22, 2019 8:23 AM

Mayor Pete is the white Obama!

by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2019 8:34 AM

If you think the DEMOCRATIC nominee doesn't need the black vote then you mine as well be a Trumpster. Have you not followed American politics for the past 90 years. The DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE not getting the black vote would be the like a republican winning the presidency without the South. Not only is the black vote probably the largest core constituency of of the democratic party...ughh nevermind. You can't fix stupid. And I say this as a Buttigieg supporter.

by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2019 9:01 AM

Warren, Booker, and Harris don’t exactly have stellar black support either.

by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2019 10:19 AM

So the Black philosophy is if we don't get the candidate that speaks to us(seemingly above all other constituents) then we'll sit it out and are happy to have Trump(a racist) for another 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2019 10:39 AM

[quote]So the Black philosophy is if we don't get the candidate that speaks to us(seemingly above all other constituents) then we'll sit it out and are happy to have Trump(a racist) for another 4 years.

No dim bulb. Older black voters (the ones you can count on to vote every time) are rock solid (for now) behind Joe Biden. Because this type of voter wants to beat Trump and believes that only an older, moderate white man can beat Trump. I'm not going to link to the millions of think pieces written about this subject, but that's where the race stands with black voters. Younger black voters (millennials) tend to line up with their white counterparts and their support tends to lean toward the more progressive candidates.

I had a nice conversation with my Dad and two of his friends yesterday. They are all college educated black men in their mid 70s. They are all rock solid behind Joe Biden because they believe that Midwestern white people are not going to vote for any of the others. Even though I like Biden and support him, I like Pete more and mentioned this to them. They all commented that he was too young and needed to cook some more.

That wasn't a scientific sample or anything, but they fell in line with everything that we've been hearing about black voters during this primary season.

Personally, I think black people are going to vote for the democratic nominee no matter what. Maybe not with the same Obama enthusiasm, but black people always support the democratic candidate. And it's clearly a tactic to try to paint Pete as some enemy of black people.

by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2019 1:38 PM

[quote] Well here you go, Pete and Warren top the list.

They top the list of good debate performances. Pete comes in fourth in the section of that document that tells who respondents are most likely to vote for.

by Anonymousreply 210November 22, 2019 2:33 PM

I'm pretty ambivalent about Mayor Pete. His comments about Chick-Fil-A still rankle, and I don't think he can beat Trump. Beating Trump is the only thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 211November 22, 2019 2:42 PM

Forget about Warren, that tax plan is pie in the sky...she wants to tax people making over 250K. watching CNBC, they were talking about it. no way...

Biden is still my man.

by Anonymousreply 212November 22, 2019 2:44 PM

It will be Warren and Pete.

by Anonymousreply 213November 23, 2019 12:51 AM

Go Pete!!!!

by Anonymousreply 214November 23, 2019 1:16 AM

It's either Biden or Mayor Pete realistically & rationally.

The left wing progressives can't win.

They can go home.

by Anonymousreply 215November 23, 2019 1:30 AM

R208. Yeap. If the democrats fuck this up then they get 4 more years of trump. most minorities are willing to sit it out if this whole nomination goes south. White liberals need to learn a lesson. You guys are too entitled so some humbleness is needed.

by Anonymousreply 216November 23, 2019 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!