Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stuff that is about 100 years old.

And still worthwhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2019 2:20 AM

Betty White

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 1:57 AM

Yo, represent, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 2:00 AM

Helsinki Central Station by Eliel Saarinen, Eero's father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 2:02 AM

Eskimo Pie (1920)

Inventor: Christian Nelson

The popular Eskimo Pie ice cream was first manufactured by Christian Nelson in 1920, a chocolate-covered vanilla ice cream wrapped in a foil. It is believed that Nelson got the idea for Eskimo Pie when he saw an indecisive boy thinking whether to go for a chocolate, or an ice cream. Nelson teamed up with Russell Stover to produce the Pie on a massive scale, and the duo achieved considerable profit from its sales. Today, Eskimo Pie is marketed in USA by Nestlé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 2:11 AM

There’s this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 2:42 AM

Erna

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

Cher.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 2:45 AM

ageless!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 2:47 AM

Indoor plumbing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 2:48 AM

"Stuff that is about 100 years old. And still worthwhile"... hmmm, well... ME!!

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 3:08 AM

Jelly Roll Morton recordings.

Slapstick silent shorts from the masters.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 5:45 AM

I can't believe the 1920s is about to 100 years old.

To me, the '20s was the first modern decade. It was stylish, had electricity, phonograph records, radio, cars, jazz, booze and wild times.

I don't think another truly stylish, fun decade came along until the '60s.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2019 2:11 AM

In just a few years DL will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of our beloved Western Electric Co. Christmas party group photo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2019 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!