Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite eldergay piano bars, current or past.

Some of my favorite evenings were spent in a piano bar sitting around a talented ivory-tickler and crooner. Tell us some of your favorites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 4:46 AM

I spent a summer in Laguna Beach in 1999, and would frequent Main St. Bar. I don’t know if it’s still there but had good times 😊

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2019 1:36 AM

Michaels Outpost in Houston is still open, and caters to the eldergay piano-loving crowd.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2019 1:38 AM

El Pianito in PV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2019 1:42 AM

The Napoleon Club in Boston. Jack Brent, the pianist there, had studied with Broadway Legend, Dorothea Freitag. He played Gershwin with a real 20s sound to it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 1:50 AM

Why can't I be one of those people who enjoys being elbow-to-elbow, shouting and holding a drink? Life would have been so much easier.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 1:59 AM

The Venture Inn in Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2019 2:00 AM

NYC still has the Monster, Uncle Charlies, the Townhouse, and of course, Marie's Crisis Cafe.

Did I overlook any?

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 2:02 AM

Why not simply call them for what they are, OP?

Wrinkle rooms! That's what they are! Wrinkle rooms!

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 2:03 AM

At the age of 50, I enjoy gay piano bars because I’m on the young side of things! I’ll flirt with the 70 year olds and let them buy me drinks.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 2:12 AM

How could anyone forget Brandy’s on the upper east side??

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Just don't let them spike your drink, R9!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 2:16 AM

There used to be one on Maple Avenue in Dallas. It was a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

There used to be one on Maple Avenue in Dallas. It was a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 2:44 AM

Tin Pan Alley in Provincetown

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 2:57 AM

I detest piano bars. I can’t be in one. Almost as bad as a karaoke bar. Who likes to hear average Joes sing? It’s so strange to me.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 4:24 AM

Past: Footlights in Detroit with its charming Art Deco interior

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 4:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!