Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

8-year-old barred from school picture day because of 'extreme hairstyle' gets an empowering photo shoot

...because the school dress code doesn't apply to her?

🤷

I really hate social media sometimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 1:18 AM

Team girl with cute hair. OP is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 11:48 PM

Team girl. Ridiculously heavy handed nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 11:51 PM

Entitled.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 11:51 PM

The kid has some red dye in her braids, with some red ponytail holders. I don’t know if that was the same hairdo, but there’s nothing really unusual about it, unless the partially red braided ponytails are considered offensive.

Schools need to stop getting so worked up about kids using washable dye in their hair. It’s not that unusual any more. As long as it’s out of their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 11:51 PM

Rules ARE rules. How well is this going to go over when she's inappropriately dressed at her new job? Or will she simply be a victim again? At this rate, she'll be probably get away with that too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 11:54 PM

If this was a chubby white boy, no one would care and you know it

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 11:55 PM

Oh please R6. She's going to a PRIVATE school, not a public school. Private schools are notorious for stringent dress codes. Her mother said that her daughter "wanted to make a statement" but it was really the mother's fault. It always is. When will this race baiting bs end? With the genocide of nonblack people? Good grief. People really need to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2019 12:01 AM

If the mother knew it was against the school’s rules and dyed it anyway, hoping to make a scene and get her daughter in trouble, then she’s an asshole. A little kid is always going to go with what mom says is okay. They don’t know any better. The mom did.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 12:06 AM

Civil disobedience against arbitrary rules is a good thing. How old are you people?

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 12:07 AM

R9 civil disobedience against arbitrary rules? These are children, and they are being told that people who aren't black hate them because they're black. It seems more like we're breeding a generation of narcissists and victims rather than status quo-smashing iconoclasts.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 12:30 AM

R10, it’s absolutely true that some people who aren’t black hate them because they’re black. White supremacy is alive and well.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 12:33 AM

I'm sure she won't grow up to be insufferable, not at all.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 12:43 AM

OP, offended yet again.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 12:43 AM

R11 People will hate you. Deal with it. People hate Asians. People hate Latinx. People hate Jews. People hate Muslims. And people hate whites but I've been hearing that that doesn't really matter lately. Racism is alive and well, because if you're different, you will be prejudiced against. If you're a minority, you WILL be prejudiced against. That's just a fact of life. Not everyone is going to like you, and some people, yes, will hate you. Blacks use the race card to get out of shit constantly. I'm tired of it, and I'm tired of being race baited into submission for pointing it out.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 12:43 AM

The little girl is too suspiciously photogenic

I call shenanigans

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 12:46 AM

Millennials at their "best."

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!