Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why aren't there gay magazines in the checkout lines at grocery stores?

Frau's would lose their collective shit.

- Gay Times

- Attitude

- The Advocate

- Out

...etc

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 4:25 PM

I've seen them at Whole Foods markets. We must be in their target market.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 10:20 PM

[quote] Frau's

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 10:22 PM

The grocery store?

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 10:23 PM

Well I doubt the sell "People" at Nasty Pig.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 10:23 PM

they

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 10:24 PM

Just throw out a guess . . .

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 10:25 PM

You know, OP....This is a REALLY stupid question.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 10:34 PM

OP thinks print media is a successful growing industry.

What year are you posting from?

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2019 2:05 AM

^ frustrated frau and a REALLY stupid bitch.

If I have to be subjected to non-stop magazines about Chip & Joana, Gwen Stefani, Angelina Jolie, Bradd Pitt, Tom Cruise, who's marying who, who's divorcing, Pioneer Woman, Jennifer Anniston, and what not...it's fair game imo.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2019 9:33 AM

There used to be

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2019 9:58 AM

Because they're awful?

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2019 11:10 AM

I’d love to flip through a Playgirl while in line.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2019 11:16 AM

OP = Naivete troll who never talks to her parents.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2019 11:21 AM

[quote]If I have to be subjected to non-stop magazines about Chip & Joana, Gwen Stefani, Angelina Jolie, Bradd Pitt, Tom Cruise, who's marying who, who's divorcing, Pioneer Woman, Jennifer Anniston, and what not...it's fair game imo.

No, it really isn't. Women are half the population, and do the majority of the grocery shopping, so of course the magazines at the checkout line are going to be aimed at them, or at least at a general readership. Unless you live in a very mixed or ethnic neighborhood, you're probably not going to see magazines like Essence or People en Espanol on the checkout racks either. They'll be on the general magazine rack somewhere else in the store.

So R7 is correct, and YOU are in fact the really stupid bitch in this instance.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2019 11:25 AM

go back to pre-1995

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2019 11:27 AM

I’ve seen In Touch magazine in the checkout line but never it’s companion publication In Touch for Men

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2019 12:30 PM

OP, the ones you listed are trans magazines.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2019 12:51 PM

I was at the supermarket and I went to get my Ladies Home Journal, and there next to Town and Country, the most perverted, immoral, disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life, a magazine with two men on the cover, naked in jockstraps, kissing! The end times are near! I left my trolley full of groceries at the checkout, I had to go home and take a valium and have a lie down. My nerves still haven't recovered. I'll be writing a letter of complaint mark my word.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2019 1:16 PM

I haven’t renewed my Out magazine subscription in over five years but they keep sending it to me.

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2019 1:29 PM

R10 ah yes a DL fav and literary juggernaut - Honcho, and don’t forget some of it’s equally informative competitors - Inches and it sibling the always visually shocking - Black Inches.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2019 2:20 PM

Because of the children.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 4:09 PM

Probably because the demand is too low and tech savvy gays don't read magazines.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2019 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!