Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chick-fil-A backtracks over end to anti-LGBT donations

I know we have a thread about CFA ending donations to anti-gay charities, but this deserve its own thread because CFA has reversed course

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2019 3:41 PM

"Christians" got to it

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 9:50 PM

"The company appears to have quietly backtracked." Of course.

No balls to be found here.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 9:55 PM

"Christians" got to it"

Same way they deluge their Senators and Reps. with emails and letters every day about "morality".

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 9:58 PM

Our resident CFA troll was gloating over them ending anti-gay donations yesterday, but I see he's quiet as a mouse today. How odd.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2019 3:01 PM

Is there any fast food franchise run by people who are gay friendly? They’re all Republicans as far as I can tell. The gold wedding ban mafia. There’s like four gay CEOs for a reason. Chief among them is Tim Cook at Apple, and he had to get there by staying in the closet most of his life. Boards, vice presidents, executive staff, middle management—all rightwing Christian fascists who pride themselves on having big homes in the suburbs with kids who always need to be picked up from soccer practice.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2019 3:15 PM

Fuckers. I hope the places CFA is banned will continue to ban it

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2019 3:06 AM

As if I'd eat this shit anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2019 4:42 AM

I have not purposely eaten at a Chick-fil-A since it the comments about gay marriage and then their contributions to gay hate organizations. There have been occasions where work provided, or a work lunch did take place at a Chick-fil-A. I think like 3 times. Lol. I felt guilty the whole time, but loved the Chicken!

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2019 10:18 AM

Even if Chik-fil-a stopped with donations from the company fund (which they clearly haven’t and probably never intended to), it’s not like the CEO and his rightwing minions wouldn’t continue writing their own personal checks to those organizations for millions. You’d still be supporting them by buying food there. So I never understood the celebrations in the first place, short-lived as they were.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2019 1:24 PM

So we can’t haz chikin?

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2019 1:41 PM

[quote]I know we have a thread about CFA ending donations to anti-gay charities, but this deserve its own thread because CFA has reversed course

This is misleading.

They never STOPPED donating in the first place. The media that breathlessly reported that they had ended anti-gay donations made an error.

They had revised their foundation donation strategy to focus on specific priorities which excluded many organizations and added new ones. At NO TIME did they ever stop donating to anti-gay organizations as a specific response to anything.

By reporting that they caved to LGBT pressure - INCORRECTLY - the media has now ensured that Chick Fundie A will continue donating and supporting organizations that have anti-gay policies. Had the media reported it correctly, instead of reporting the clickbait version, Chick Fil A would have ended donations to those organizations without drawing the fundie nutbag rightwing lunatics' attention.

Gay organizations that reported it that way, as if they had been successful and useful, because they NEEDED to prove they matter, also ensured that anti-gay organizations continue to benefit from donations.

Thanks a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2019 1:55 PM

I have purposely not eaten at Chick Filet since the first time I ate there, in 1999, long before I had any idea about their institutionalized homophobia. I don't eat there because [italic][bold]THEIR FOOD SUCKS[/italic][/bold].

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2019 2:15 PM

[quote]long before I had any idea about their institutionalized homophobia.

You mean their being closed on Sundays to observe the sabbath wasn't a tip-off that they were run by fundie nutbags?

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2019 3:28 PM

At the time, r13, I had never heard of them at all. I knew nothing about when they were closed. A friend I was visiting near Pittsburgh insisted we go there to eat. It was 1999. It was strictly about the chicken sandwiches. I never thought about CFA again until their homophobia propelled them to internet superstardom some years later.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2019 3:34 PM

Of course they did. In other news, elections are tampered with, and representative government doesn't work. Oh and the Constitution is outdated. Water is wet!

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2019 3:36 PM

[quote]Oh and the Constitution is outdated.

Wrong.

The Constitution was always meant to change as easily as the wind in the willows. It was always intended to be difficult to change and modify and require an overwhelming majority.

Prohibition and its repeal are examples of even that safeguard failing to work as intended.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2019 3:41 PM

^^^The Constitution was NEVER meant.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2019 3:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!