Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

ACA (Obamacare) Dental Plans

Anyone used one of these? Are they any good? I saw some for only $16 a month.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 12:23 PM

Mine was cancelled, no reason given. Coverage would have been lousy, kicking in only after I had somehow paid a lot of money for, money I do not have. As it turns out, my dentist would not have accepted it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 12:15 PM

Thanks. R1. Right now I have a plan I pay for on my own for $34 a month (not ACA).

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 12:21 PM

How high is your pain threshold and how partial are you to keeping your existing teeth?

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 12:22 PM

R1, what state are you in? There are a few strange claims in your post. I pay $15 a month for decent coverage (covers $1000 per annum and includes checkup/teeth cleaning). And the ACA offers more than one plan, including one for $40 a month that was equivalent to the one I used to get at my previous job. As usual, you have to make sure your dentist accepts it, as dentists are fussy about accepting insurance. And there’s no up front charge to get covered, you just pay a monthly fee.

In fact, the plans on the ACA are the exact same commercially available plans for everyone and cost the same. There is no tax break associated with dental plans.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 12:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!