Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg is raising army of Karens!

I pity the poor manager at the closest Applebee’s to wherever this was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2020 2:19 PM

Rehearsing the Indiana Macarena to Panic At The Disco's High Hopes. It's the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 12:16 PM

I mean...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 12:20 PM

I can't imagine why his campaign doesn't appeal to non-white voters....

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 12:22 PM

What is this, North Korea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 12:23 PM

We’re here, we’re loud, we’re DANCING. Come say hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 12:31 PM

Welcome to the #TeamPete Dance Party. All are welcome!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 12:33 PM

Does Pete not realise the optics on this isn’t great?

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 12:52 PM

Does Pete not realise the optics on this isn’t great?

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 12:52 PM

Afterwards, they all went to the local Regal Cinemas to watch the special marathon of Thanksgiving episodes of "Friends."

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2019 12:54 PM

I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2019 1:00 PM

Karens be Karening. What else is there to get?

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2019 1:01 PM

Lauren Wagner, a grassroots volunteer for the Buttigieg campaign based in Illinois, said she taught herself the dance through an instructional video posted on the Barnstormers for Pete website.

“I feel as if the dance is an expression of one of our Rules of the Road on #TeamPete, JOY,” she said, noting that the instructional video was broken down by moves and was adaptable for a wide range of disabilities in an effort to be inclusive.

“You can’t possibly not feel joy while doing the High Hopes Dance,” she said.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 1:04 PM

[quote]Does Pete not realise the optics on this isn’t great?

You people keep reaching so much that you're arms are going to dislodge from their sockets.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 1:09 PM

your not you're.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2019 1:10 PM

A #DanceForPete is a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2019 1:27 PM

What fun!

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2019 1:31 PM

Middle-Age Sesame Street comes to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2019 1:50 PM

OTOH, Karens all vote.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2019 1:53 PM

Why, R8?

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Yeah, for Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Older poor white women R20

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2019 2:03 PM

R16: HAHAHAHA!! What fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2019 2:09 PM

45% of white women with college degrees voted for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2019 2:10 PM

In 2016, R23

Much less so in 2018--that, if you recall, was the big story of the midterm elections

And there are a wide range of "colleges"

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2019 2:13 PM

Many of the white people who voted for Trump didn’t like him. They just liked lyin’ Hillz even less.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2019 2:16 PM

"I can't imagine why his campaign doesn't appeal to non-white voters...."

I can't imagine why Liz and her program of free giveaways doesn't either.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2019 2:18 PM

We get it, OP. White people are sooooo lame. Let's make fun of more white voters!

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 2:20 PM

He’s smart for focusing solely on white voters. Blacks are never going to support him, so might as well focus on the voters who can be persuaded to get on board.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2019 2:23 PM

Those are the women who put Trump in the White House.

They did not like Hillary. They do not like Bernie or Warren. They like Pete. Go to his and Chastens Twitter feed and read their comments. It's an eye opener.

We can make fun of them and talk about the black vote, homophobia, deplorables and all, but these white women do the same for Pete as they did for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2019 2:51 PM

[quote]Those are the women who put Trump in the White House.

Exactly. That’s why all the ridiculous focus on the “oh so important” black vote is stupid.

It’s white suburban women who will decide this election, not blacks.

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2019 2:55 PM

You can hate white women or think they’re fools, but they vote. So here are your two choices:

1. They vote for Trump.

2. They vote for the Democratic nominee.

Which one is better? Because it will be one of the above. Whites got Trump elected. Blacks did not get Hillary elected. Pretty much no blacks voted for Trump. Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2019 2:58 PM

Quit trying to make “Karen” happen, Gretchyn. You’re not cool.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2019 3:28 PM

Oh honey, Karen has happened.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 3:55 PM

Do you really think that Bernie and his army of Bros and Broettes shitting on Pete and some other candidates all the time because they're not pure enough (read not delusional enough) to believe that everyone will get a free pony is better? I'd rather see dorky dancing, as awkward as it is.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 3:56 PM

No, black people alone don’t decide an election. Black people are like 12 percent of the population. The issue is that so many white people vote republican, that democrats have to rely on the black vote and independents and swing state voters to carry them over the finish line.

Some of you get angry about what you call, “catering to the black vote”. Instead of getting angry at the black people, why not get angry at all of those crazy white people who vote republican time after time and get no real benefit from it.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 3:56 PM

Do “Y.M.C.A.” next!

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 3:59 PM

It’s embarrassing to watch because the Politics Is Fun! message distracts from real issues. If this is what his team does to drum up support and enthusiasm, the implication is that something is missing.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 8:29 PM

I thought according to DL, it's middle-aged women who hate Pete because they're homophobic and also want a woman president.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2019 8:31 PM

30 Helens agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2019 8:48 PM

Go on Chasten’s twitter feed, R38. It’s majority middle aged white women, but a lot of seniors too. That’s prime voter territory. He seems to have every soccer mom in America.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2019 9:02 PM

[Quote] I thought according to DL,

New around here?

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2019 9:04 PM

Embarassing for me to watch as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Pete’s got the frau vote locked up.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2019 9:15 PM

Well, this is Pete’s clapback to the MAGA hat-wearing Trumpers hysterically screaming at rallies. People want to be involved. If it works, good for him. Sometimes you have to give people space to be physical so they can be cheerleaders.

It reminds me of my volunteering in 2018. There were some young volunteers in management that were always coming up with ideas like this. It was like when you go to a work event and suddenly they demand you sing karaoke or you’re not enthusiastic enough. Extroverts always run these things and there’s never any room for normal people that don’t want to sing, dance or re-enact Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2019 10:03 PM

"They have such good taste too. I bet Chasten will redo the White House like something straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog!"

"Oh that would be so awesome, Karen! More pumpkin spice latte?"

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2019 10:25 PM

Hillary couldn’t get these voters... so you’ve got to give him credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2019 10:35 PM

More faux outrage. Pete’s never danced a day in his life.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2019 10:37 PM

"I just couldn't vote for her R46. She was such a phony. And not a very good cat mom either!" -- Karen #4723

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2019 10:39 PM

[quote] People want to be involved. If it works, good for him. Sometimes you have to give people space to be physical so they can be cheerleaders.

They should go knocking on doors and phone bank. It’s so purposeless, and all about feelings and not about results.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2019 10:59 PM

Literally who actually cares about these fucking people dancing? It was funny for 10 minutes 2 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2019 11:34 PM

R49, those probably are the people that knock on doors. They do this stuff for the publicity.

Like I said, I volunteered in 2018. The person who led one of the local offices was a young woman in her twenties, and was constantly making up shit like this for the staff to do. They weren’t random people, they were volunteer staff. They would do this for the cameras, then go door knocking. Then she’d post it on their twitter account.

She did meet all her quotas though, and ended up with a loyal group of young people that would follow her anywhere, so the senior management loved her. But every person on her staff was college age, because everyone else hated it.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2019 11:41 PM

I'm fascinated by those of you who just can't stand Pete's hustle. You bitched about Hillary, thinking it was a coronation. And you've tried to paint Biden with that same coronation brush. Pete is actually working for the nomination and not sitting on his ass expecting it to be handed to him. It's great to see his supporters making viral moments. Let's up all this hard translates into votes and the eventual nomination.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2019 11:44 PM

Army of Karens is a great band name.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2019 11:45 PM

R53 FTW!!!

(Even better: there actually IS an army of Karens!!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]Let's up all this hard translates into votes and the eventual nomination.

I must have had a stroke while typing that.

It should have read, Let's hope all this hard work translates into votes and the eventual nomination.

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2019 11:47 PM

[quote]I'm fascinated by those of you who just can't stand Pete's hustle.

It’s mostly blacks who can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2019 12:16 AM

R52 most people are sheep. They'll repeat anything others say or the media tells them.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2019 1:49 AM

“Oh honey, Karen has happened.”

Sweetie, you’re as simple as that blouse you’re wearing.

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2019 1:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2019 1:57 AM

YMF, never stop posting. You're like the Cokie Roberts of gay New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2019 2:09 AM

People making fun of the Mayor Pete campaign dancing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2019 2:14 AM

[quote](Even better: there actually IS an army of Karens!!)

The Karen Insurgency would be another great band name, but you'd have to be explaining Burmese politics all the time.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2019 3:44 AM

Good. Keep the hate coming. We don't want so much LGBT support that Pete becomes the gay candidate.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2019 6:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2019 10:09 AM

Anyone else remember this?

Buttigieg’s coalition of almost entirely white women and a sprinkling of gay men bring to mind Hillary’s 2008 firewall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2019 10:13 AM

Good for Pete. He's going to needs Karens to win.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2019 10:17 AM

He's also going to need Latinos and African Americans, so he better come up with some cooler fucking dances, stat.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2019 10:18 AM

Ultimately the emptiness of the current Karen generation can be viewed by comparing the attachment Hillary’s coalition of white women had to her in 2008, through nearly two decades of a national profile in politics and relentless GOP attacks; in contrast, Buttigieg’s white women have decided that a sexless, nonthreatening gay Midwestern mayor who has been famous for a few months should be their standard bearer.

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2019 10:27 AM

I wonder if the Karens’ attachment to Mayor Pete, whom I have said before looks like he belongs in Middle Management, is simply because he looks like the kind of manager they want to speak to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2019 10:32 AM

[quote]How are there like 14 videos per day of this shitty dance and shitty song with old Pete supporters

This dance was designed from the start so that those in wheelchairs or otherwise disabled could perform it as well. It makes me so uneasy that some are now making fun of it. We've got such a weird shaming culture around these things.

And again, it just goes to show they have nothing else to hit him on, so they went for this. But people hate bullying, so I can see how this taunting won't look well in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2019 10:32 AM

[quote]people hate bullying, so I can see how this taunting won't look well in the long run

What country are you in? Because America LOVES bullying.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2019 10:34 AM

The yellow is a eyesore. My goodness, bland candidate and bland color.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2019 10:35 AM

[quote]This dance was designed from the start so that those in wheelchairs or otherwise disabled could perform it as well. It makes me so uneasy that some are now making fun of it

We are making fun of it because everyone doing the dance is four-limbed and ambulatory.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2019 10:35 AM

R71, no they don't. Anonymous trolls with dubious agendas on the internet love bullying though.

by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2019 10:36 AM

Dude is good. And you think he can't handle the little toadstool?

"...How, he wanted to know, would he deal with leaders of foreign countries where it’s still illegal to be gay? Buttigieg, dressed as he almost always is, in brown shoes and blue slacks and a plain white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, stood in the center of a stage surrounded by more than a thousand people who had packed into the gymnasium of the high school. Buttigieg gripped the hand-held mic and took a few steps forward.

“Sooooo,” he said, drawing out the syllable and the suspense, “they’re going to have to get used to it.”

Those 10 words, tough, almost defiant, elicited a response unlike anything else I witnessed trailing the ascendant Buttigieg on a pair of boisterous recent campaign swings. The sound started with a release of anxious laughter, followed by a hitch of surprise, before giving way to clapping and whistling and shouts and cheers that only got louder as what he had said sank in. It took nearly 30 seconds for the noise to subside.

Unspoken in his answer—maybe unintended but nevertheless true—was that he wasn’t only talking about, or even to, bigoted heads of state in distant, backward lands. He just as easily could have been speaking about his fellow Americans. For months now, Buttigieg’s utterly unprecedented campaign has offered a practically explicit challenge to voters: Can they accept the totality of who he is—the pragmatic, two-term mayor of a midsize midwestern city, the earnest nerd with a facility for language and degrees from Harvard and Oxford, the Navy Reserve lieutenant who did a seven-month stint in Afghanistan … and also the 37-year-old husband of a man who teaches Montessori middle school and with whom he hopes to parent children?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2019 11:24 AM

[quote] He's also going to need Latinos and African Americans, so he better come up with some cooler fucking dances, stat.

LOL! Pete? Sorry, that's not gonna happen. He is the whitest of the white candidates. There's a reason the kids call him Mayo Pete.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2019 11:32 AM

This is why Pete has gathered the support he has -

“If I dreamed up an ideal Democratic opponent for President Trump in 2020, I’d locate that candidate in the industrial Midwest,” Bruni wrote. He listed other attributes: “relatively young,” not a Washington insider, fluent on religion, and can “lay claim to being a trailblazer.” Buttigieg met all the criteria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2019 11:49 AM

[quote] This dance was designed from the start so that those in wheelchairs or otherwise disabled could perform it as well. It makes me so uneasy that some are now making fun of it.

If you hate bullying so much, why do you engage in it yourself? Hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2019 11:57 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a NY Times op ed-er pushing an idealized empty suit how we ended up with Sarah Palin?

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2019 12:06 PM

PEtetette

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2019 11:09 PM

He's worse than Neil Patrick Harris, Ricky Martin, Luke Evans, Matt Bomer, Jim Parsons and Zachary Quinto put together!!!

Hissss!!!!

Hisss I tell you!!!!

Exit stage left!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2019 11:13 PM

As a Midwesterner, I can assure you that we all look to former NYT food critics for political insight into ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2019 11:16 PM

As a Midwestern mer, you should know most of you voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2019 11:19 PM

I thought Warren had all the Karens.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2019 11:20 PM

What is the best way to describe a woman who is a Karen? Is the old datalounge slang Frau applicable?

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2019 11:26 PM

r83, 1799 votes cast at my polling location in 2016. 1498 for Clinton. 142 for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2019 11:48 PM

One polling station. Pfft.

by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2019 11:54 PM

R29, the majority of white women have been voting Republican for decades, I don’t know why on Earth you think Pete is going to change that pattern. Hillary couldn’t but somehow Pete can? I have nothing against Pete and predicted that it would come down to him and Warren awhile ago, but the level of delusion in these political threads is just mind blowing. For whatever reason DLers never seem to know what they’re talking about when it comes to politics. And as far as black voters go, while they may only be 12% of the population they’re found in relatively large (and politically significant) numbers in key states, which is why there’s so much focus on them. How anybody who has even a little bit of knowledge about politics wouldn’t know that is beyond me. If Democrats don’t get a high enough turnout (or lose just enough of these votes to Trump or a third party) from blacks, single women, and young voters they’re going to lose.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2019 12:35 AM

[Quote] Hillary couldn’t but somehow Pete can?

Yes.

Hillary is DNC establishment. 2/3 to 3/4 of all Americans have liberal values but enough don't vote Dem and consistently give GOP electoral victories.

I see only Pete bringing them back - except for those who vote as their husbands want them to.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2019 12:43 AM

[quote]I see only Pete bringing them back - except for those who vote as their husbands want them to.

A lot of women are Conservative, racist and homophobic all on their own.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2019 1:40 AM

Better to dance for Pete than vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2019 1:43 AM

He has a bad case of Elf Face

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2019 2:01 AM

They are MidwesternHers

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2019 2:02 AM

DL is reeling under the revenge of Flyoverstan 😂😂

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2019 2:53 AM

Karens are what Gen Z has dubbed Gen X. Nice try, OP.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2019 3:07 AM

He really needs to do something about his black support. But it's good if he engages the fraus, because white women are probably the group who ultimately decide the election. They're probably the biggest demographic technically and they're less conservative than their male counterparts, i.e., more likely to be swing voters.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2019 3:11 AM

Why do lesbians hate Pete? I really wish the L&G would work together more.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2019 5:40 PM

Lesbians are jealous of gays.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2019 5:46 PM

If I'm going to be jealous of anyone, it's not going to be another sexual minority.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2019 6:05 PM

African-Americans will stay home if he remains so dismissive.

A good half think Kamala’s a cop. So better get his ass in gear.

by Anonymousreply 100November 23, 2019 6:40 AM

Young black male Karens now joining the movement! 🤗

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2019 2:52 AM

Oh lord.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2019 3:13 AM

That's right, learn them moves, henny. You know you want to. Just give in. 🥰

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2019 3:15 AM

If Dubya was the one guys wanted to have a beer with, what does that make Pete, the one Karens want to paint ceramics with?

by Anonymousreply 104December 14, 2019 2:32 AM

That might be Chasten, actually. He's big on arts.

Pete is more of a bro-ey type of gay.

by Anonymousreply 105December 14, 2019 2:45 AM

R26, can you just stop with the "free giveaways" talking point?

GOVERNMENT is a collective body that gives things away for the public good. Like postal service, highways, education, etc.

Snidely sneering at a candidate for promising "giveaways" is either vacuous and ignorant or disingenuous and misdirecting.

You sound like a libertarian, which is just a malformed hybrid of a republican and an anarchist.

'Gosh durn, them dang sozzeshullists. Tryin' ta give away muh frickin' taxes ta them TAKERS. With muh new taxidermy bizznuss on the internet Etsy webpage, I'm gonna be a job kreeator! They best not be thinkin' 'bout takin' muh guns neether! Sheeeeeeeit."

by Anonymousreply 106December 17, 2019 6:41 PM

"I'll show these Karen's a thing or to. Bring em' over to your Apples & Bees....."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 17, 2019 6:58 PM

What R35 said.

by Anonymousreply 108December 17, 2019 7:13 PM

This is the whitest thing I’ve ever seen. It will NOT help Mayo Pete.

by Anonymousreply 109December 18, 2019 7:50 PM

OMG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 2, 2020 3:19 AM

This poll thing is about the Karen-ist thing he's ever done.

by Anonymousreply 111February 2, 2020 4:38 AM

Miss Pete needs to get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 112February 14, 2020 1:07 PM

[quote] Better to dance for Pete than vote for Trump.

Better to vote blue than break a hip dancing.

by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2020 2:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!