Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Brooklyn heights the best and prettiest neighborhood in nyc?

I absolutely love it. When I walk down certain streets I feel like I’m in a fairy tale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 5:04 PM

In Brooklyn, probably. But not NYC.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 7:59 AM

I hated living there with my cousin Patty. London it is not! Imagine, looking like your cousin. It was the worst!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 8:36 AM

Prettiest? Quite possibly. Best neighborhood in NYC? I wouldn’t say so. Bland vibe, boring energy, filled with the rich and privileged, very white, no interesting restaurants or shopping. But yes, gorgeous houses.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 8:42 AM

[quote]I hated living there with my cousin Patty. London it is not! Imagine, looking like your cousin. It was the worst!

I agree. The whole arear is a disaster. There's a hold up in the Bronx, Brooklyn's broken out in fights. There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 3:47 PM

I love it. I remember visiting my cousins there in 1973 who lived at Henry and Middagh. I was 13 and loved biking over to the promenade and over the Brooklyn Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 3:51 PM

Spectacular views of Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote] When I walk down certain streets I feel like I’m in a fairy tale

When I walk down certain streets in Hell's Kitchen, that's how I feel!

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Yeah on a purely aesthetic basis it is a gorgeous neighborhood with great views. No denying that.

It is pretty sterile though.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!