Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

We can now eat at Chick Fil a without feeling guilty

They are no longer donating to anti gay organizations.

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2019 1:48 AM

JFC, OP. Die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 3:58 AM

They are opening another one in Toronto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 4:01 AM

I still don't trust them. They're still uber Evangelical.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 4:09 AM

Not for a while.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 4:26 AM

Link, please, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 5:10 AM

^^^ Oops. Am just now seeing link at R2.

Mea culpa. So sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 5:17 AM

Wait until you find out who they're donating too before you celebrate.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 5:19 AM

I never went to Chick Fil A before I knew they were homophobes and I have no interest in trying it now.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 5:23 AM

In ever eat there.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2019 5:41 AM

We don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2019 5:42 AM

Do not believe it.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2019 5:47 AM

They have the best chicken sandwichs.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 2:27 PM

Two different threads on a gay website announcing that it's fine for us to eat (and stop protesting) Chick Fil A.

As I said on the other thread:

WRONG.

Chick Fil A is a family owned business. Every dollar of profit the company makes enriches the owners (CEO Dan Cathy and family).

Remember HE approved the anti-gay donations. All that this accomplishes is that he and his family will donate money directly, rather than through the company. It will also be much harder to track because they will do it through various trusts and foundations over which they have control, but we have no ability to see.

Their long-term recalcitrance regarding these donations demonstrates both a commitment to those organizations and their causes and willingness to go against public opinion.

Does ANYONE really believe they'll suddenly stop supporting them or other anti-gay causes, let alone fundie christian organizations that actively work against the interests of gay people?

Seriously, this is PR to dupe stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 5:55 PM

Also, the brand still has nepharious practices when it comes to LGBT employees. Chik Fil Lay is NOT gay-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2019 6:02 PM

Eh, their chicken sandwiches are good but that's about it. Their prices are kind of high. I can get two breakfast sandwiches at Mcdonalds or Jack in the Box for $3. Their fries are tastier too.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2019 6:14 PM

[quote] Seriously, this is PR to dupe stupid people.

Precisely

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2019 6:21 PM

I'd like to have Beyond Meat's chicken. Also, end the Styrofoam use please.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2019 6:25 PM

[quote] And what about that fried chicken sandwich war that’s been dominating social media this month? Would we ever see Chick-fil-A and Popeyes duke it out over a vegetarian option?

[quote] At least one of those companies says it’s not likely any time soon. But Jackie Jags, a spokeswoman for Chick-fil-A, said its culinary team is always exploring new trends and menu offerings. “We are still in the early phases of evaluating if this is the right fit for our menu,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2019 6:29 PM

Waiting in line for food—especially fast food—is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2019 7:26 PM

Fuck Chick Fil A.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2019 7:27 PM

Apparently the Nazis all suddenly hate Chick-fil-A now. Now which one of you bullied such a poor little defense mega-corp?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2019 11:45 PM

Of course they backtracked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2019 12:03 AM

[quote] Fuck Chick Fil A.

So, I was right after all.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2019 12:14 AM

No surprise they backtraked. Christianity is a religion of HATE.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2019 12:22 AM

It’s still disgusting

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2019 12:23 AM

Nope, they recanted

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2019 12:36 AM

I finally was able to try Popeye's new chicken sandwich and found it to be far superior to bland old Chic-fil-A. Popeye's also has delicious lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2019 12:53 AM

No, you fat whore! NO! NO! NO!

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2019 12:54 AM

R28 Pat Roberson

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2019 12:55 AM

Didn't they do supposedly do this years ago and backtracked?

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2019 12:58 AM

Never cared for the bland shitty food before, still don’t now.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2019 1:00 AM

I guess they're feeling some heat from Popeye's with another failed attempt to change their Christian image.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2019 1:15 AM

I always ate there. I like their chicken sandwich extra pickles ( so they have to make it fresh). Spicy. Polynesian chick fila and buffalo sauce. Lemonade ice. And I loooooovw their ice cream ice dream. It’s the best ! Sooooio creamy

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2019 1:30 AM

Oops I meant lemonade no ice please. My pleasure

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2019 1:31 AM

I’ll never eat at that shithole. They can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2019 1:35 AM

[quote]the new donations strategy also meant several dozen other groups — with no anti-LGBT record — would not receive funding in 2020 either, and so the strategy does not appear to have been targeted specifically at the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Further, Chick-fil-A has repeatedly declined to specify that the cut to the controversial groups' funding was linked to their LGBT-rights records, and a company spokesperson would not rule out the possibility that the groups could receive funding again in the future.

[quote]“Starting in 2020, the Chick-fil-A Foundation is introducing a more focused giving approach to provide additional clarity and impact with the causes it supports. Staying true to its mission of nourishing the potential in every child, the Chick-fil-A Foundation will deepen its giving to a smaller number of organizations working exclusively in the areas of education, homelessness and hunger.”

Nice of the news to have gotten it so wrong and screwed the pooch on this. No only was their original change NOT a response, but now that they've been called out by the fundie nutbags, those groups will go back to receiving money.

Shows how desperate people were not only to think they mattered and made an impact, but also how the media manufactured PR for them.

Chick Fil A is owned by fundie nutbags. As long as that family has a financial stake in the company, you are supporting anti-gay causes.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2019 2:02 AM

I'd rather eat at Los Pollos Hermanos.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2019 2:28 AM

[quote] We can now eat at Chick Fil a without feeling guilty

Except for the massive weight gain and ill health that comes from eating that crap,

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2019 3:03 AM

No we can't OP.

TPTB at that place have lied about this before & could be again.

They're untrustworthy liars (fundie Xians).

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2019 3:15 AM

Just a reminder to get it trending... because I think it pisses them off just that it exists...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2019 3:31 AM

they've reneged already

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2019 3:49 AM

You fools. Go ahead get and on the train. Don’t mind the gas in the showers once you get to the camps.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2019 4:21 AM

R30 yup

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2019 4:23 AM

Welp back to the boycott boys, not like i would have actually gone out of my way to eat there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2019 4:48 AM

you think fundie xtians tell the truth or keep their word?

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2019 5:02 AM

I hope OP chokes on a greasy chick fil A sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2019 5:04 AM

I haven’t given them a dime in many years. I confess I sometimes have it at work when they cater events where coworkers children are involved like the dreaded “Santa Party”. But I don’t think that counts as I’m not spending my money with them.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2019 5:07 AM

I've never set foot in one and never will.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2019 2:42 PM

CFA is hiring incoherent shills now, if R33 is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2019 2:50 PM

[quote] Nope, they recanted

Actually, they are making all sides angry now. It was revealed that they gave a small donation to Southern Poverty Law Center, a group that classified Tony Perkins's Family Research Council as a hate group.

Now Tony Perkins sez on Twitter (11-27-19):

[quote] Christians Must Boycott Chick-Fil-A

[quote] "Not only has Chick-fil-A abandoned donations to Christian groups including the Salvation Army, it has donated to one of the most extreme anti-Christian groups in America. Anyone who opposes SPLC is slandered and slapped with their 'extremist' or 'hate group' label. "

[quote] "It's time for Christians to find a fast food alternative to Chick-fil-A."

This mess will be studied in business school and public relations studies some day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2019 12:04 AM

[quote] I finally was able to try Popeye's new chicken sandwich

Congratulations on getting out of the store alive

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2019 1:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!