Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you ever consider vacationing in Mexico?

After what happened to those Mormons that were killed by ruthless gangs recently. I would never even consider stepping foot in such a gang invested country. I don't see why the NFL even plays games there.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2019 6:56 AM

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2019 3:05 AM

In Mexico all seems to breathe freedom and peace, and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2019 3:07 AM

OP, would you refuse to go to Arizona because you heard about a multiple killing in Chicago? That's how stupid you sound.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2019 3:08 AM

Agreed R3 - OP is an idiot who has never been anywhere. Clearly.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2019 3:10 AM

Only to rich tourist parts with Mexican friends who know the ropes and speak Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 3:11 AM

I’m going to Mexico City next week for a much needed vacation. Wish me luck!

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 3:13 AM

My friend is Mexican and Guatamala told me her cousin was 12 and raped and killed by a bunch of thugs who happened upon her in the forest.

Makes me wonder why the US doesn't offer military training and assistance to stamp that crap out. Not in a Noriega Panama way, but real assistance. If you really cared you would try harder to solve problems. That's it. No one really cares.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 3:15 AM

The late Stanton Delaplane was the travel columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle and wrote lovingly of Mexico, where he maintained vacation homes for many years. And Chicago restaurant owner, TV chef, and cookbook author Rick Bayless has always spent a great deal of time there, even filming some of his PBS shows on location. Their versions of Mexico seem delightful, but that's obviously not the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2019 3:18 AM

Clearly at least some of the adults that were murdered had repeatedly crossed the line and seriously angered the drug cartels.

Claims of close associations with or directly selling local women so human traffickers supposedly as maids and nannies but who ended up in the sex trade and branded. Control of the route from Mexico to the US which was within their compound and regularly used for transport of drugs. Who believes all of their vehicles and lifestyle were funded by pomegranates? Most are convinced they were growing and selling contraband.

Worst of all their monopolization of water through deep wells seriously harmed the Mexican locals. There's a reason they had about 100 private security guards provided by the previous Presidente of Mexico.

Consider this, many other religious groups live in Mexico and have never been harmed by the cartels. Why? Because they're known for their tremendous generosity distributing emergency food and medical aid, along with their attempts at religious conversion. They're savvy and know the territory.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2019 3:30 AM

The US military should just go all in and put some order. None of that Cartel nonsense. Show them the might of American military!

And can someone get rid of Puerto Vallarta once and for all ??

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2019 3:35 AM

I wouldn't set foot in Mexico, not because it's a violent shithole, but because there is nothing I hate more than that sonic excrement they call music.Screeching accordions and circus like rithm with lyrics that celebrate drug cartels played at max volume everywhere 24/7 is my vision of hell.

Some parts of Phoenix have already been ruined by this abomination.

FUCK MEXICO.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2019 3:48 AM

I would never enter a country with so many gangs.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2019 3:49 AM

Mexico has become a dystopian society that is fearful and dangerous. You can experience Mexican culture within the United States.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2019 4:39 AM

R7 Happened upon her in a forest?!

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2019 4:44 AM

Is that an invitation, OP?

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2019 4:49 AM

No. I wouldn't go there right now. I did enjoy going to Tijuana in the 80's and beautiful San Miguel in the 90's (flew and took a bus from Mexico City). It is a lovely country but has gotten a lot more violent. Those Mormons aren't the only casualties of the gangs and drug cartels. Go to Hawaii instead! Or take a cruise that docks briefly in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2019 4:50 AM

I want to see Mexico City before the Day of Me Dead. A friend of my went and loved it. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2019 4:57 AM

OP has never been more than 20 miles from his house.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2019 6:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!