Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Chinatown” prequel series from Netflix, Robert Towne and David Fincher

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGOMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 2:51 AM

Booooo... but I guess Chinatown's a trilogy now, what with this and The Two Jakes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 11:53 PM

Chinatown was always intended to be a trilogy

One movie would be about water, one movie would be about land, and one movie would be about oil

Then Polanski had to go rape somebody and ruin it for everybody.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 11:56 PM

Was Polanski always meant to direct the trilogy? Because he didn't direct the sequel, and I doubt that had to do with the rape.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2019 11:57 PM

Looked it up... turns out R2's slightly wrong. From Nicholson:

[quote]"We always planned on making three films. We wanted it all to be tied into elemental things. 'Chinatown' is obviously water. 'The Two Jakes' is fire and energy. And the third film was meant to be about Gittes' divorce and relate to air."

[quote]...it was to be called "Gittes vs. Gittes," he said "it was meant to be set in 1968 when no-fault divorce went into effect in California. It was to be about Gittes' divorce. The secrecy of Meg Tilly's character was somehow to involve the most private person in California, Howard Hughes. That is where the air element would have come into the picture."

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2019 11:59 PM

Ivanka for Evelyn Mulwray! Method!

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2019 12:01 AM

Meh. Hollywood turns everything to shit now so I'm not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2019 12:22 AM

Well, Fincher is a "Chinatown" superfan, at least. He and Towne co-narrated a viewing of the film, it's on YouTube and a fun listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2019 9:39 PM

I think Miss Dunaway is available to play Evelyn at 26..

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2019 2:44 AM

La La Land!

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2019 2:46 AM

I can certainly play Ida Sessions again, this time at an earlier stage of her tragic life. No CGI required.

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2019 2:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!