Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vegans File Lawsuit Against Burger King re Impossible Burger

Cross-contamination claims as vegan and meat burgers are cooked on the same grill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2019 11:57 AM

can they fuck off? I mean it is plant based sorry it was on the same assembly line as real meat...

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 7:43 PM

You just knew the vegan Nazi's were going to do this.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 7:50 PM

You can’t tell me that if they don’t have impossible meat ready they don’t just put a regular patty on one to keep the drive thru line moving.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2019 7:56 PM

DL catnip

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2019 7:57 PM

Purists ought to buy such frankenfood and cook it in their pure home kitchens.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2019 8:00 PM

The Impossible Burgers are actually pretty good, and indistinguishable from the regular burgers.

Vegans can fuck off. If they want pure vegan food, go to a vegan restaurant.

Even if it was cooked on a different grill, it would still have molecules from REAL BEEF on it, which would instantly kill a vegan if those molecules were to touch their dainty flesh.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2019 8:07 PM

No sympathy for BK. They catered to the vegans and unsurprisingly it’s come back to bite them in the ass. Good. Thats what they get for pandering to these assholes.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2019 8:13 PM

As a vegan I can speak on behalf of all of us and say we are embarrassed by the idiocy of the lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2019 8:13 PM

r8. I fixed the word order of your sentence for you. "As a vegan, I can say we are, all of us, idiots." There. Much better.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2019 8:16 PM

Not vegans. Stupid vegans. There's a difference.

Who would think that a BK employee can manage to use a dedicated grill for vegan burgers? I was a vegan and it wasn't difficult because I knew that I often COULD NOT GET MY WAY. That's it. Enough. You make a decision and that's that. The world can't fucking accommodate you. Go to stupid Subway and buy the vegetable sandwich on the noxious bread and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2019 8:22 PM

Vegan diet makes vegans stupid-er.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2019 8:24 PM

I honestly assumed that the beef fat and flakes on the grill were what made the vegan burger taste good.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2019 8:26 PM

R11, you've tried a vegan diet for at least a couple of months? Or you're speculating?

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2019 8:26 PM

Lots and lots of stupid meat eaters on this thread. All that fat and cholesterol clogging up not only their arteries, but their brains as well.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2019 8:29 PM

Okay, millennials.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2019 10:32 PM

[quote]They catered to the vegans and unsurprisingly it’s come back to bite them in the ass.

Where did they cater to Vegans? Vegetarians I'll give you, but Vegan is a whole world of crazy. If you do Vegan, you have to be as diligent as Kosher. BK never used Vegan anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2019 10:37 PM

And why would a Vegan go to a restaurant who cooks beef, chicken, fish and eggs. Buyer beware, Baby. Dismissed! NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2019 10:47 PM

r8 reads much more naturally than r9.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2019 10:52 PM

r18 But they have two entirely different meaning. R8 is saying the lawsuit it idiotic. R9 is saying that R8 and all vegans are idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2019 12:15 AM

If you have specific food preferences, you have to patronize places that can accommodate them. I'm a meat eater, so I don't go to vegan restaurants. Vegans should just stay out of non-vegan restaurants.

And stop whining. We're all getting tired of it.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2019 12:26 AM

Why the fuck would a vegan go to a fast food joint with “burger” in it’s name? No fucking common sense, that’s why.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2019 12:30 AM

Impossible Burger for Impossible People.

Vegans really need to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2019 12:41 AM

I wouldn't eat that shit. It's full of genetically modified/engineered soy products. Gurls, you eat too much of that soy and you'll be growing bit titties and need a bra.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2019 1:24 AM

The problem here isn't vegans, it's litigious cuntwarts who are looking for anyone but themselves to blame, and subsequently pay for, perceived wrongs.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2019 1:35 AM

Well that’s what happens. One concession leads to more.

Why are there so few kosher restaurants? Why are there so few vegan restaurants? Because feeding people on highly specialized diets with highly specialized food prep rituals and special sensibilities is difficult and not profitable.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2019 10:34 AM

Yes R9. How idiotic that a person does not eat animals and wait for atherosclerosis and co sign onto murder.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2019 11:59 AM

Meat eaters hate vegans because vegans have more self control. Thousands of studies (and deaths by way of coronary disease) have proven how detrimental animal products are to the human body (ever see a cadaver that died from food borne CD? The heart tells its story) and yet.....people continue to deny it. Coronary disease is food borne unless it is congenital. And yeah.....vegans are "annoying" when ignorance points it's meat eating finger at us with stupid comments and baseless arguments.

Read a study that WAS NOT funded by the meat or dairy association and then deny the facts....

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 7:40 PM

I worked at a McD's in high school one summer and they offered a vegetarian burger called Veggie burger. The vegetarian patties of course and the chicken nuggets, fish etc. were all fried in the same oil. Same thing, right? Why didn't I file a lawsuit? Damn.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2019 7:42 PM

[quote] . I wouldn't eat that shit. It's full of genetically modified/engineered soy products. Gurls, you eat too much of that soy and you'll be growing bit titties and need a bra.

You are aware the cattle you eat is filled with hormones and the same genetically modified fodder they're fed to get fatter quicker and produce more milk, right?

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2019 8:16 PM

Vegans claim to want more people to embrace a non-meat lifestyle. When something comes along and gives a meatless option good press they decide to ruin it. They need to look at themselves and say "This is why they hate us."

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2019 8:54 PM

"You can’t tell me that if they don’t have impossible meat ready they don’t just put a regular patty on one to keep the drive thru line moving. "

And vice versa, I assume.

Look, as soon as these fake-burger products become both indistinguishable from real ground meat AND cheaper than the real thing, you can say goodbye to real ground-up dead cow. If the fake becomes cheaper, then restaurants and fast food chains ARE going to put the fakes in your cheeseburger, chili, spaghetti bolongese, taco, whatever. And you'd better hope it's better for you than real cow, because that's what you'll be eating.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2019 9:41 PM

Nothing I like better than a vegan burger cooked in meat juices. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2019 9:44 PM

This is why people hate the vegan lunatic fringe, they're so much more focused on their own feelings of purity and smugness than the welfare of the animals they claim to care about!

If more fake burgers means fewer dead cattle they should be thrilled, and if they had sense and a grasp of the big picture they'd be throwing money and support at the one corporation that's bringing their cause into the mainstream. But nooooo!!!! Their pure little gullets might be contaminated with a molecule of meat, and damage their ability to feel better than the rest of humanity and trigger their raging OCD!!! Fuck the cattle, it's all about MEEEEE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 9:47 PM

Haven't had meat in decades. Ideally, it would be nice if they cooked these on a separate grills. But, I am not above pulling of a piece of pepperoni from a slice of pizza to eat. At least this is a start. Killing all these animals...bad for the environment, your colon and cholesterol, and of course the animals....(BTW really what do you think is in a slice of salami or baloney, or a chicken nugget. Gross. Don't know why anyone would eat meat. )

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 9:48 PM

You might was well eat the pepperoni R34 since you are eating the juice of the pepperoni. As soon as it was announced they would offer the Impossible Burger I thought they weren't going to use a separate grill. There is a restaurant that offers the Impossible Burger, but I would definitely ask if they cook it on a separate grill, which would surprise me if they did.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 10:23 PM

I know R12 admits to being a bit cheeky, but I thought the same too. It's completely ridiculous to think the company would dedicate separate grills for these. I don't think most vegans would be satisfied until there are separate vegan BK restaurants.

One thing I've often been puzzled by, if meat is so detestable and sickening to vegans, whyever do they insist on fake versions of meat, chicken, hot-dogs, turkey, bacon, etc? Just stick with your vegetables, grains, and whole foods.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 10:54 PM

What r36 says. The faked meat seems odd to me. Also, much of it is truly frankenfood so that adds another conundrum of this annoying identity.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2019 11:35 AM

The Impossible Whopper was never supposed to be vegan and was never advertised that way. It has cheese and mayo in it.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2019 11:52 AM

R21 Because vegans would like to go out and eat with their non vegans friends without forcing them to eat at a vegan restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2019 12:46 PM

Meat eater- prove meat is a carcinogen or is the blame for all cause mortality

Vegan-There are literally hundreds of meta studies that prove just that. It is not healthy

Meat eater- see? This is why everyone hates you preaching vegans! You are all so judgey and preachy.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2019 1:01 PM

As if dairy and meat are not “Frankenstein foods”

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2019 1:02 PM

Im pretty sure the buns BK uses has milk in them.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2019 1:10 PM

R36 R37 Vegans are not born vegan, they grew up eating meat like everyone. In western culture, meat is everywhere. It's familiar food, sometimes even comfort food, and most people think it tastes good. It's not the taste or texture that is sickening, it's the fact it comes from animal flesh. It's not because intellectually meat is abhorrent to you that you won't have cravings, especially at the beginning of your new diet. Fake meat can help for those cravings, and makes it possible to eat some familiar dishes that you couldn't otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2019 1:31 PM

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2019 1:35 PM

If the idea of eating charred animal muscle is repellent to you, why would you seek out a facsimile?

The idea of eating feces is repellent to me. Therefore I do not seek out a food with the smell and consistency and color of feces.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2019 7:34 PM

Damn, all this drama over a hamberder is making me hungry. To Smith & Wollensky for a vegan rib-eye!

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote]indistinguishable from the regular burgers.

Nope. Good, yes, but their tastes are not identical.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2019 11:51 PM

R45, someone may consider eating meat morally wrong, but still miss the taste of it.

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2019 12:44 AM

They need to sneak some meat into their vegan burgers, give these precious fuckers something to really complain about.

by Anonymousreply 49November 22, 2019 11:36 AM

Anyone can ask BK to microwave the Impossible Burger, as I did. The characteristic Whopper flavor comes from the grilling process, however. While it tastes fine, it's not technically a Whopper when prepared this way.

by Anonymousreply 50November 22, 2019 11:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!