Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kylie Jenner sells majority stake in her beauty company for $600 million

Beauty company Coty is buying a 51% stake in Kylie Jenner's cosmetics business for $600 million. The deal, which values the young entrepreneur's namesake beauty brand at $1.2 billion, will enable "global expansion and entry into new beauty categories," the companies said in announcing the deal on Monday.

Jenner, whom Forbes has described as the youngest "self-made billionaire," will remain the face of both of her brands, Kylie Cosmetics and Kylie Skin. The 22-year old has become one of the most influential celebrities, amassing more than 270 million followers on social media. The youngest member of the Kardashian clan founded the company in 2015, when she was still a teenager.

"I'm excited to partner with Coty to continue to reach even more fans of Kylie Cosmetics and Kylie Skin around the world," Jenner said in a statement. "This partnership will allow me and my team to stay focused on the creation and development of each product while building the brand into an international beauty powerhouse."

Coty said it will use its research and development, manufacturing, distribution and commercial resources to expand Jenner's business.

"Combining Kylie's creative vision and unparalleled consumer interest with Coty's expertise and leadership in prestige beauty products is an exciting next step in our transformation," Coty CEO Pierre Laubies said a statement.

Publicly traded Coty Inc. is one of the world's leading beauty companies, with roughly $9 billion in net revenue. Its portfolio of brands includes mainstream, luxury and professional beauty brands like Covergirl, Burberry fragrances, Marc Jacobs Fragrances and more.

Coty's stock price rose about 1% Monday, to around $12 a share, on the news of the Jenner acquisition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 28, 2019 2:48 AM

Everything that's wrong with America.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 4:57 PM

Stop the world, I want to get off.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 5:00 PM

DAMN. That is larger than the economy of many countries.

How does this even work anyway. Does she get a check for 600m?

Can you deposit that in a bank?

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2019 5:01 PM

r3

You have to take that check inside to a Teller, you can't deposit it through the ATM.

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2019 5:03 PM

That is some pact with the Devil. When are they going to pay back?

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2019 5:07 PM

R5, I suppose their ugly babies will pay.

Pimp Mama Kris is all over this deal.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2019 5:08 PM

While possible, I doubt that it would be an all cash deal where she got a check.

[quote]Under the terms of the agreement, Coty will acquire a 51% ownership in the partnership for $600M. Coty expects the transaction will be accretive to the net revenue growth of its core fragrance, cosmetics and skin care portfolio by more than 1% p.a. over the next three years. The transaction is expected to be neutral to Coty’s earnings per share (EPS) in year one, and accretive thereafter. The ROIC of the transaction is expected to exceed Coty’s cost of capital by Fiscal 2023. Kylie Cosmetics realized an estimated $177M net revenues for the trailing twelve months (TTM).

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2019 5:15 PM

What a canny businesswoman!

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2019 5:16 PM

AS IF!

A team of talented, educated, savvy creatives and business people created and designed her products. They just slapped her name on them and let Instagram/Snapchat and stupid, gullible people take it from there. She didn’t even right her press release.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2019 5:17 PM

Wonder if she'll pay $0 in taxes on that......

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2019 5:23 PM

So does Kylie herself get that full $600 mil? Or is that split between her and other backers/partners? Did she own her entire enterprise, or was she just the paid front name.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2019 5:24 PM

It's all about branding your name, isn't it? I wish I'd thought of that.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2019 5:26 PM

Maybe they'll all die in a plane crash and Rob will inherit everything.

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2019 5:52 PM

Her recent products have proved to be disappointments and I believe they are bailing her out. She is in no way pocketing 600 million off of this as reported. Smoke in mirrors just like that tacky family.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote]Jenner, whom Forbes has described as the youngest "self-made billionaire,"

Just like Donald Trump is a "self-made billionaire."

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2019 5:57 PM

What will she do to destroy her goodwill? Could she do anything?

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2019 6:03 PM

r10 most likely she will not pay much in taxes. That 600 million will be paid overtime (I guess). The payment will be to her company of which she is the ceo, Coty gets 51% of the company, Jenner remains the face of the brand and will probably draw salary from that.

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2019 6:12 PM

She is the first "mommy made" billionaire that I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Coty used to be classy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2019 6:45 PM

[quote]Pimp Mama Kris is all over this deal.

and not even Mama, but the team she put together. None of the girls can put a sentence together with ten words. All they do is sign the contracts the professional business team puts together.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 7:32 PM

Literally an evil family of whores. They are all Succubus who destroy men, seriously every man that encounters that family loses their shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 8:57 PM

Does the son still peddle socks?

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2019 9:02 PM

Say what you want.. the bitch is fierce.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2019 11:10 PM

And to think this started with her older sister’s pee video.

Ray J should demand a share of the profits.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2019 11:14 PM

I still don't believe that company is actually worth that much. I never see Kylie cosmetics anywhere and I don't know anyone who uses them, young or old.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2019 11:16 PM

[R25] I read somewhere she sells a lot in India and that is why she uses so much tanner. She’s not Armenian like her sisters but has gotten darker and darker the past few years to appeal to her demographic. I’ve never seen her products sold here or known anyone to buy them, either.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2019 11:22 PM

That little fucking whore. I hate her. She does fuck all for charity.

She tried to trademark the name "Kylie" until Kylie Minogue took her to court. The proper Kylie (Minogue) won.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 12:07 AM

Does Kim still make money from her sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2019 12:12 AM

A year ago a group of young women in one of my classes wanted to do their semester research on Kylie and marketing. She had already been named on the fastest and youngest "billionaires" list, although sure, we would understand there was some hyperbole. Well, my colleagues, all old and bitter, were PISSED OFF I would let them pursue Kylie. I got pushback from more than one. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2019 12:56 AM

r25: Ditto. I do some work for a company to targets her same demo and Kylie's crap is nowhere near popular enough to justify these numbers. Indie lines, lines and collabs from youtube gurus like Jeffree Star, and even Fenty Beauty is far more popular online and offline than Kylie Cosmetics. International sales or Kris Jenner lying is the only thing I can think of to account for this.

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2019 1:09 AM

I wonder how well Gaga's new makeup line for Amazon is doing? She's constantly promoting it on her social media accounts.

Some of these celebrity beauty lines have been doing unbelievable numbers. Rihanna will be a billionaire in the next couple of years from her Fenty line. Jessica Alba is worth a fortune from her natural products line. And Ariana Grande has made more money than Elizabeth Taylor from her line of fragrances. I suspect Gaga is making a mint from her makeup line, too.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2019 1:20 AM

I'm amazed at Ariana Grandes prices! It's not 20 dollah juice.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2019 1:22 AM

Cosmetic companies go from enormously popular to dead and buried in the space of a couple of years. She has settled for 49% of her company, which would suggest she knows hers has peaked, and too rapid expansion will likely cause damage long term. You've got the bottoming out ratings of the Kardashians as a brand, plus their individual high social media rankings, obviously very different things. Someone who lurks on DL must have insider information about the truth of this brand.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 1:29 AM

Remember when she had no lips?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 2:11 AM

R33 you’re right. Kris got her out at the right time.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 2:16 AM

R31 the difference is that Jenner’s stuff is designed and manufactured and marketed in-house. Paris Hilton’s and SJP’s and everyone else’s fragranced stuff are licenced.

The reason why Kylie’s cosmetics was “worth” so much is there was so little overhead and she took most of the profits.

Kris Jenner is behind ALL of this.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 2:23 AM

It is not a bad deal for Coty. She got valued at a 1.2 billion off of Chinese makeup formulations with her name slapped on it. The value is not in the make up but the brand of her name. All Coty has to do is re-brand the cover girl and Clairol as KYLE COSMETICS and they can upcharge on their drugstore brands.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2019 2:28 AM

The only place I’ve seen this is in an Ulta flyer in the newspaper. I have three daughters, a tween and two teens, and they NEVER talk about the K whores and never talk about their products. They want Glossier and Fenty.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2019 2:31 AM

The Kardashians have taken over the world and there's nothing we can do to stop it. The next generation is already being groomed. Behold America's first royal family.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2019 2:31 AM

Seven Methods of Killing Kylie Jenner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2019 3:37 AM

Can you imagine being 22 years old and already being insanely wealthy because of the success of your billion dollar makeup empire. And then you sell 51% of your business and collect a $600 million dollar check, and you still own a 49% stake in the company. And all of this after just 5 years in business at just the tender age of 22.

Financially speaking, she's basically what most gay men especially her on DL want to be. The house's, private jets, international travel, and a staff of people catering to her every need and want. What a life.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2019 4:22 AM

I am convinced that the Jenner clan is in the money laundering business. There's no fucking way any of them would be still in demand thanks to making all these companies lose money due to lack of actual sales profits (since most their social media followers are bought or bots which don't buy shit they hawk).

It was a Kardashian who supports Instagram hiding the "likes" button since it reveals that barely 1% of her followers show any activity at all (meaning the rest is even less likely to see their endorsement posts and buying the stuff they try to sell).

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2019 5:18 AM

That family loves $$$$$$.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2019 5:19 AM

Case #3,086:792 for why capitalism is an evil and corrupt system that rewards the wrong people. How do we love in a world that concentrates that much wealth in the hands of a 22 year old for doing nothing but being famous - due to her parents. Time to blow up capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2019 6:08 AM

R37 There is no way COTY would risk the survival of Covergirl and Clairol over Kylie. They are proven long-term brands, she is not. This will end up falling along the same lines as other Coty's like Intimately Beckham - ultra CHEAP and ultra NASTY, budget crap dumped into discount stores of the West, and targeting aspirational middle-class of the developing world. Saying that, she'll probably sell extremely well for at least the first year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2019 6:30 AM

She'll be bankrupt within 5 years. Watch.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2019 6:46 AM

I'll catch on, watch me.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2019 7:41 AM

She will probably whine like Taylor Swift about this deal in 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2019 1:00 PM

It must kill Kanye that he is not married to the richest sister.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2019 2:36 PM

This is the kind of $$ that people like zsa zsa gabor wanted, but never had. But kylie has it at just 22 years old.

Don't ever underestimate celebrity status and the power of the internet. Massive wealth is literally just around the corner.

If you try hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2019 2:37 PM

R49, Kanye has partnered up with Joel Osteen. He’s on a different money train.

Pimp Mama Kris probably drove him to that station, seeing as she already has her own church. It’s tax-free money, so she’s not about to leave that cow unmilked.

Speaking of which: The $cientologists have been trying to move in on the African American market, but haven’t been successful. Their weird brand of religion doesn’t appeal to blacks. They’re much more likely to go for the prosperity gospel model. Kris is gonna exploit that market one way or another.

Of course, Kanye is a loose cannon, so it remains to be seen. She probably foisted him off on Osteen (Instead of using him, herself) in case he fucks it up.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2019 4:14 PM

Blind item:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2019 2:32 AM

R52 - thank you. That makes perfect sense. The number is probably based on a lot of unrealistic sales goals. Or as we say in the biz, an “earnout “ that will likely never happen. May have gotten a few million. And they probably assumed a bunch of debt.

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2019 4:34 AM

So she's a "Trump billionaire."

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2019 5:49 AM

Funny $$$.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2019 6:51 AM

Whatever the case, that family seems to be made of $$$. Reality tv really did a lot for them. Collectively and individually.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2019 7:08 AM

R21 they were already assholes without the Karda$hians help. They just found a way to exploit it.

R38 I'm sure Riri would appreciate your families preferences.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2019 7:51 AM

Say what you want, but Kris Jenner is a genius.....period.

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2019 8:07 AM

.............Kylie is dumber than a box of rocks, but mamma knows how to make a buck..

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2019 8:09 AM

All that cash and she couldn't figure out birth control

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2019 8:14 AM

R60 more like she didn't want to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2019 10:27 AM

I wonder how valuable is kims makeup company? She saw the $$ kylie was bringing in and decided she was getting in on that makeup $$ too.

And kris jenner gets a cut of everything.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2019 9:21 PM

When Kris croaks this will all fall apart and they’ll be at each other’s throats over inheritance.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2019 9:28 PM

Never in the history of man has someone made so much for doing so little. Does the little tramp even speak? I've never heard her say anything (not that I've searched). May the cash destroy her life and the lives of her family.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2019 9:32 PM

R63, you called it. They’ll all be floundering.

Shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2019 10:21 PM

The make up and skincare industry is so over saturated with all kinds of competing brands. Most of them don’t last. The small ones that survive get bought up by Estée Lauder and L’Oréal and I guess Coty. I didn’t realize Coty was still around until this news came out.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2019 11:25 PM

Coty is huge.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2019 11:36 PM

R65 I don't know about that. Kris Jenner, according to TMZ has a family trust set up. So I bet the family $$ is being handled the same way the Kennedys family wealth has been handled the last century.

Kris seems to be very serious about her family's financial security and future.

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2019 11:57 PM

[quote] Kris seems to be very serious about her family's financial security and future.

It's all about control. Not love or concern.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2019 4:22 AM

Jeffree Star reviewed her $400 makeup brush set. He said it was low quality for the price. I've seen makeup brush sets exactly like hers and they look better and cost less than $50. Her brand is often low quality junk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2019 5:14 AM

[quote]You have to take that check inside to a Teller, you can't deposit it through the ATM.

She could also go to a Check Cashing place. I think they charge like 1%, but that's no big deal

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2019 5:19 AM

[Quote] Does the little tramp even speak? I've never heard her say anything (not that I've searched).

It's a good thing she knows how to pole dance at least.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2019 5:41 AM

[quote]Someone who lurks on DL must have insider information about the truth of this brand.

The most logical explanation is usually the correct one. It's a collection of very powerful brands, all of which are driven primarily by social media, and secondarily by the flagship reality show. When it comes to making money from being an influencer, the Kardashian/Jenners figured it out first, got there before anyone else, and continue to do it better than even their nearest competitors.

This is real money, folks. Kylie Jenner owns 100% of her cosmetics firm. She does NOT have a network of partners and investors. She was previously paying Coty to manufacture her makeup for her. Now Coty wants to buy the company from her.

People really need to give this family their due. They are not my favorite people (although I do like Kim Kardashian a lot) but at this point, you have to respect their hustle.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2019 7:54 AM

[Quote] People really need to give this family their due.

Do we though? Alot of posters have already acknowledged what a genius PMK is. Isn't that enough?

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2019 11:02 AM

She deserves every goddamn penny because .....

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2019 11:07 AM

^ because her stepsister sucked dicks on camera, silly!

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2019 11:10 AM

May her next cosmetic surgery to transform herself into a Latina disfigure her, forcing her out of the public eye forever. And the same goes for her disgusting and useless sisters.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2019 11:12 AM

Yes, Caitlyn's mom doesn't get KUWTK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2019 11:22 AM

Is this girl a genius, or just lucky? A craven opportunist? How does this happen, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2019 11:31 AM

Sophia is the level-headed one. She is calling upon the 'I am a Celeb' producers to stop making Caitlyn cry by being around snakes, bugs, and such.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2019 11:40 AM

What about the caterpillars in those lips?

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2019 11:51 AM

Wait. Gag Gag has a makeup line because some people just want to look fug like her?

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2019 12:29 PM

R73, part of the hustle is hype and promotion.

But yeah, I do respect their hustle.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2019 12:53 PM

Star's video could be edited 75% but he nails the Kylie grift

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2019 12:56 PM

Who would be stupid enough to spend that kind of money on a set of brushes? You can get better ones wholesale for $50. I don’t admire their hustle. They don’t even care about the quality of the product, I’m sure their stuff is made for pennies in China. There are entrepreneurs out there working to use top ingredients, to have humane business practices, and to actually produce something good for consumers. That is hustle. Every time I see a notification from Vogue it features a Kardashian. I’m going to unsubscribe for this reason, as it’s the only way to opt out of this family relentlessly being foisted on us.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2019 1:21 PM

Kris Jenner pretty much revolutionized the entertainment gossip industry by offering her own family's fabricated drama as front page news fodder to the point that the gossip entertainment has its own A-List with the Kardashians undefeated on top. The entertainment industry is more than willing to hype the Kardashians so people not only buy into the hype, but also buy stuff associated with the Kardashians (gossip magazines, products they shill, their reality TV show, etc.). The (gossip) entertainment industry benefits from the Kardashians as much as the Kardashians themselves.

It's the entertainment industry that insists that the Kardashians are in demand (why else would they cover them so much?) and Kris is very happy to tell companies that they sell more when one of the "very popular" Kardashians is involved and promotes their products and services. But if you look a bit closer you see how little activity is going on from the social media followers. Barely one percent of their followers "like" or re-tweet their sponsored content. And from that 1% not all actually buy that stuff the Kardashians promote. It's all really just an elaborate con.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2019 2:32 PM

R73 what's to like about Kim on a personal level?

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Kim's botched cottage cheese fanny fat injections endear her to me.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2019 4:48 PM

I think people misconstrue liking the Kardashians, with actually liking the wealth their able to generate for themselves and the lifestyle they all live.

I don't so much care for them, as much as I'm into the wealth they've made the last decade. And their lifestyles they lead. To me, that's impressive.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2019 9:47 PM

R82 one of this year's favorite things by Oprah, is lady gaga's new makeup line. Oprah even let gaga put makeup on her face in the segment she filmed with her.

It's on YouTube if you wanna see it.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2019 9:49 PM

196. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/18 **#8** About nine months ago, I told you the reality star with the lucrative side gig wanted to sell her big money maker because things she has introduced since have all pretty much bombed. Oh, and don't believe the price of the sale either and don't believe it all ends up in her pocket. Kylie Jenner/"Kylie Cosmetics" (Kylie Jenner Sells Majority Stake of Kylie Cosmetics to Coty for $600 Million)

219. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/20 **#4** Lets see if the magazine that names the wealthiest does a little napkin math and realizes that the reality star with the lucrative side gig is nowhere close to being a billionaire even if the value of the company is correct, which it isn't. The good news is a lot of this goes from private to public in the next quarterly report. Forbes"/Kylie Jenner (Billionaire Kylie Jenner To Cash In On Her Cosmetics Line With $600 Million Sale To Coty)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2019 9:53 PM

R88 that's such sweet thing to say, Paris.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2019 11:17 PM

$360 for makeup brushes? That motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2019 12:09 AM

A fool and her money...

by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2019 12:37 PM

[Quote] $360 for makeup brushes? That motherfucker.

She really thinks her teen fanbase would be able to afford that?

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2019 12:41 PM

So that billion is for Kylie is a valuation not an actual cash amount. Her company is valued at a billion, it is not like she was sitting on a billion in cash. Well,.now she is sitting on 660 million but not really unless it was an all-cash deal. Most likely she got a percentage up front, an agreement to pay the rest over time and will draw a salary as the ceo. I am guessing she got coty stock as well. Make no mistake she is rich as fuck but her family was rich as fuck before all this. I love this self made billionaire shit. It must be hard to start from nothing..just a 40 room mansion in Calabasas, 8 years on the most popular reality TV show and having the most insta famous hoes as sisters. That must be hard. Well hard if you are Rob,

by Anonymousreply 96November 22, 2019 1:01 PM

[quote]She really thinks her teen fanbase would be able to afford that?

You really don't get it, do you?

by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2019 1:55 PM

I don't know of a single person who is her "fan." Fan of WHAT? There's no there there.

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2019 2:28 PM

The New York Times deconstructs this latest business move. For those of you questioning whether the Kardashians are a legitimate force in our culture, read this article, it will help illuminate things.

[quote] The clan exists on a different plane; they may sometimes look and act and sell weight-loss tea like influencers, but their fame and wealth has propelled them into a stratosphere where giant brands orbit them and social media controversies blow over in a relatively short time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2019 2:38 PM

R86, I think Kris has been a genius with the social media marketing. There have always been tabloid/gossip A-list, and personalities providing fodder for it.

by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2019 3:43 PM

How?

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2019 3:45 PM

Kris is our P.T. Barnum.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2019 4:43 PM

Funny part about all their followers is that their user engagement is really low, like under 1 percent. They’re just a train wreck people can’t turn away from.

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2019 5:30 PM

I am sick of these kunts. Self-made, my ass. Well, Kim's ass.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2019 5:33 PM

"because her stepsister sucked dicks on camera, silly!"

R76 Mom Kris has birthed all these Kardashians, so they are half sisters.

by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2019 6:24 PM

We're screwed as a species.

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2019 6:27 PM

There's a web site to see who are real and who are bots. Half of their followings are bots.

by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2019 7:47 PM

R107 yeah but those cocksuckers at Facebook have had them all taken down

by Anonymousreply 108November 23, 2019 3:38 AM

Just to give you the how - Shane Dawson, who never ever has been a "beauty guru" teamed with Jeffrey Star to release a makeup line called conspiracy theory. It sold out in 10 minutes and shut down the website shopfiy. They sold out of 140K units of a pallet that cost 50 dollars. Kylie has 10 times the followers of Either one.

by Anonymousreply 109November 23, 2019 1:58 PM

And you never even see anybody wearing eyeshadow. I mean, these are vivid colors in those palettes.

So weird.

by Anonymousreply 110November 23, 2019 3:06 PM

A pallet is what you put boxes on.

A palette is what you put makeup on.

by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2019 3:07 PM

I don’t believe she made 600 million.

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2019 3:44 PM

R109 i know who they are, but that is just nuts to me.

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2019 11:42 PM

The reason Shawn and Jeffree Star's palette broke the internet is because of Shane's popular Jeffree Star series. It showed Starr and Shawn designing this new beauty palette. It was interesting and fascinating view of the beauty industry but in retrospect, it was really one long big informercial.

I have to give Starr credit over Kylie in that his makeup brand has consistent quality while Kylie's cosmetics are known to be shoddy, cheap and over-priced. This probably why she decided to sell.

by Anonymousreply 114November 24, 2019 7:13 AM

r114 - except -the conspiracy theory palette has quality issues Star had to address. Fibers in the makeup - just like Jacklyn Hill.

by Anonymousreply 115November 25, 2019 11:03 PM

It's gotta be really nice to be a celebrity brand name that generates mass sums of $$$$$ for you. What a life.

by Anonymousreply 116November 25, 2019 11:58 PM

Can anyone explain to me the draw/appeal of this Shawn Dawson guy?? I watched a few of his vids with Jeffree and don't see anything special/unique/entertaining about him whatsoever. What's he famous for?? He seems beyond ordinary.

by Anonymousreply 117November 26, 2019 3:21 PM

r117 he is one of the first you tubers - he sort of tried the whole teen throb thing (looking at him now you would thing, whhhaat?) then he started a whole conspiracy theory thing - like chuck e cheese was reselling used pizza etc. He got some fame and landed some sort of movie deal involved with Zachery Quinto - who hated his work. He started doing documentaries on other famous you tubers - like graveyard girl and then landed a hit with Jeffree Star. He did a three-part Jeffree Star docu and it was super popular and Jeffree liked him and they became friends. He suggested the pairing of doing a makeup collection together.

by Anonymousreply 118November 26, 2019 5:05 PM

R117 Hes white, bland, and mediocre like most white people in entertainment and media. Their audiences like that though.

So there you go. Mediocrity seems to be paramount in white society, everything must be bland as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 119November 26, 2019 5:06 PM

[quote] He got some fame and landed some sort of movie deal involved with Zachery Quinto

I knew I recognized him. Wasn't he on some reality show about finding future filmmakers that was started by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck? Project Greenlight or something like that? I remember watching it and immediately thought he was gay. But he had a girlfriend at the time and was shown crying over her. I remember he made a comedy and it was pretty gross-- a white male fraternity-type comedy. He came out a few years ago and proposed to his bf, a little twink named Ryan. Shane is so fat now, he looks like he could squash him.

by Anonymousreply 120November 26, 2019 11:09 PM

I still don't get what exactly these people have done to be worth so much money?

by Anonymousreply 121November 26, 2019 11:10 PM

give it a rest, R119

by Anonymousreply 122November 26, 2019 11:17 PM

R121, these You-Tubers,, especially the Beauty bloggers who have millions of views, make money from their sponsors. I really don't know why people need to watch other people put on their make up. For example, James Charles and Bretman Rock. I can't stand James Charles or the way he talks so fast. At least Bretman is funny. He bought a huge house and car from YT before the age of 21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2019 12:10 AM

...But is Rob still fat? He was adorable back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2019 1:31 AM

Who’s Rob?

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2019 1:38 AM

They're all super active right now promoting their products for Black Friday. They're going to make millions of dollars in the next few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2019 1:40 AM

Black Friday is when the Kardashian women shop for husbands.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2019 2:17 AM

Didn't Shane used to date Trisha Paytas?? I've only seen a handful of her vlogs and don't really understand her appeal. As far as beauty gurus go, I like Chloe Morello. It also helps that her stripper husband is a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Oh, Shane was in The Chair, a reality series about finding a future filmmaker, not the Ben Affleck/Matt Damn series.

He was slimmer then (5 years ago) and had a blond gf who looked like that Trisha lady.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2019 3:10 AM

She doesn’t get 600 million because there are other investors involved.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2019 3:33 AM

R76, just wondering, why do Americans confuse the terms "half sister" and "step sister" so often?

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2019 3:42 AM

[quote]She doesn’t get 600 million because there are other investors involved.

Nope. She owns 100% of the company.

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2019 5:41 AM

Kylie Jenner is the next WorldCom/ENRON.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2019 1:33 PM

If you come out of the same womb. There is absolutely nothing half about you and your siblings. You are whole siblings, for life and beyond. I never believed in that half shit, neither does anyone else in my family.

by Anonymousreply 134November 28, 2019 1:52 AM

You tubers make money when their channel is monetized. So youtube won't monetize if you have explicit material, or sex etc. You get paid by views per month - youtube sells advertising and if your channel gets so many views per month (and in an ideal area - meaning US, UK or EMEA views pay more than say Cambodia,,,). The highest-paid Youtuber is a kid who does toy reviews.

by Anonymousreply 135November 28, 2019 2:34 AM

What about the same balls, r134?

by Anonymousreply 136November 28, 2019 2:41 AM

r135 so what if your father is black and your mother is white - do you come out full black or full white or half black or half white?

by Anonymousreply 137November 28, 2019 2:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!