Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can't we just ban Black Friday?

It's seriously the time where I hate Americans the most. The glorification of consumerism and all of the trash that come to flock and start fighting each other and whatnot. And those poor employees that have to work...

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 12:46 PM

Geez, Gramps, it already is dying. Cyber Monday is all the rage now. Fewer and fewer people show up for Black Friday.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 8:05 AM

And miss all of this, are you kidding?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 8:23 AM

[quote]And those poor employees that have to work...

Are you kidding me? People love picking up Black Friday shits for one and a half times pay.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2019 8:38 AM

Millennials and Gen Z don’t do Black Friday. OP is an old.

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2019 8:40 AM

OP, quit complaining. Is this the best you got!?

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2019 9:00 AM

I usually spend Black Friday at a nature preserve, birdwatching. Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2019 9:03 AM

OP, wouldn't Black Friday only bother you if you participate in it? I only went Black Friday shopping twice, and it was ... okay, but I haven't done it since and quite literally never think about it.

Also, Black Friday can't be banned. America can't ban capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2019 9:07 AM

I’ve loved Black Friday in recent years. The fact that not as many people do it anymore means it’s less of a frantic experience and more of a sale. I go to Best Buy, Target, and a few other stores on Black Friday and there’s hardly anybody even running. At most it’s speed-walking. People are polite and the worst part of the night is waiting in the long ass lines, both to get into the store and to stand in checkout. The fact that most people have opted out for Cyber Monday means that the deals in stores are also more lucrative, as well as having the benefit of weeding out the assholes to create a more pleasant Black Friday experience.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2019 9:14 AM

Geez, what’s OP’s problem?

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2019 9:17 AM

Suppose there was Black Friday on supreme cock? All hot cock at a quarter of the price? DL would be deserted and your dumbass would be fighting queens all day instead of complaining.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2019 9:18 AM

Just check your uppity dignity at the door and welcome to the jungle.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2019 9:28 AM

Know who else hates Black Friday? Al Qaida. Are you Al Qaida, OP?

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2019 9:38 AM

OP be like:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2019 10:13 AM

Can’t we just ban Fun??

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2019 11:14 AM

Can't we just ban the meme in r13?

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2019 11:17 AM

Agree R8 I've been to places like Target on Black Friday and it's not animalistic at all. Black Friday deals are great, and it's fun to go with family/friends to get some early Christmas present shopping done. OP is salty!

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2019 11:21 AM

R15:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2019 11:36 AM

Black Friday is racist.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2019 12:16 PM

You can get online Black Friday deals as well, in addition to Cyber Monday.

For example, the new Google Pixel 4 will be discounted by $200.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2019 7:24 PM

More online Black Friday deals, from the comfort of your own home. Plus you aren't stuck to just waiting at one store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 7:36 PM

I can not believe some places still sell blacks on Fridays. Isn’t that against the law?

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 7:40 PM

I still geek out with all the bluray movies on sale. Even if the movie's a clunker, it was $5. I always buy a bunch to stuff in my nieces' and nephews' stockings.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2019 7:55 PM

OP didn’t you hear? It’s Friday of Color!

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2019 8:15 PM

Yeah OP, let's ban something solely because YOU don't like it.

You sound like Charlie Brown in his Christmas special thinking his way is THE only RIGHT WAY to celebrate the holiday

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2019 8:21 PM

Only in America do people rush out to buy a bunch of shit they don't need the day after a holiday dedicated to being grateful for all you have.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2019 8:25 PM

Good old American Christian family values in action.

Hey assholes, I've spent the last four hours with you. That's quite enough. I'm off to shop for shit I don't need with money I don't have. See y'all next Thanksgiving, God willing.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2019 8:33 PM

I wonder what's gonna happen this black friday. I mean all the stores are already 40% off...which is what happens on black friday. Any insights?

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 12:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!