Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

1 Girl 5 Gays (2009-2014)

Did you watch?

I used to stay up late to watch it here in NYC on Logo around 2011. I was obsessed with it! I found it Entertaining and incredibly funny. The guys were hysterical (some cunts) and likes the Host.

I didn’t like when they started using different hosts. That killed it for me. I liked having one host and them rotating gays.

Did you like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 5:25 AM

I loved this show. I think it was Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2019 2:08 AM

I loved it. If you want to really know Canada, watch this show, not Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2019 2:08 AM

R1 yes. It was MTV Canada but shown in the USA through Logo because MTV felt it was too risky for their network in the USA and it would fail here.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2019 2:11 AM

I watched it religiously when I first got Logo back in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2019 2:11 AM

R4 HE DIED?!

And omg I started at the same time as you then. I got Logo in 2011 and they would air it late here in NYC. I would watch.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2019 2:13 AM

They kept the cause of death vague, but apparently it was an OD.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2019 2:32 AM

I used to find Ian cute. Now he does nothing for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2019 2:34 AM

I miss this show so much. But it kinda sucked once Aaliyah Jasmine left. I watched it on Logo as well and then upon going to Canada I watched and downloaded the earlier seasons. It was so much better during the first two seasons.

BTW, saw Dean on Church Avenue in Brooklyn earlier this year. He's tall.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2019 2:36 AM

Why are Canadians moving to NYC? Don’t they count as illegals?

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2019 2:38 AM

Yeah, why did Aaliyah Jasmine leave? Lauren Collins was not as good.

I didn’t like when they would start allowing lesbians on.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2019 2:39 AM

JP outed himself as a messy bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2019 2:41 AM

USA never got the shoes 5th and Final Season.

Season 4 began to air out here after it stopped airing in Canada, and the day they were gonna start airing season 4 it was announced by MTV Canada they would be ending the show after season 5. Logo decided to cancel it at the end of season 4 and never air 5.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2019 2:44 AM

They did a reunion special a few months ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2019 2:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2019 2:50 AM

This old thread got fairly juicy. A lot of the guys let the fame (such as it was) go to their heads even though the show paid less than scale and most were working shitty retail jobs.

Santos's death was speculated to be either an accident or suicide—he fell off the balcony of his apartment while he was high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2019 3:03 AM

^ Whoops, this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2019 3:15 AM

^ Whoops, this thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2019 3:15 AM

I watched when it was on LOGO and now YouTube. I actually liked Lauren Collins better as a host. She seemed like she's been around gays more so than Aliyah Jasmine so she wasn't as shocked by some of the stuff she heard. Plus AJ seemed to play favorites after a while. I totally see why they fired the OG panel of gays and got new ones in. It was needed. I just hate that we never got season 5 or more in the US.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2019 3:21 AM

Did AJ leave because they fired the entire panel?

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2019 3:23 AM

I loved this show. I watched online 7 or 8 years ago. When Aliah-Jasmine left, the show went downhill. Don't know why. Curious why they didn;t do a US version of the show.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Because a US version wouldn’t do well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2019 9:07 AM

R21 - Yes. This was a very Canadian show.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2019 12:32 AM

How so?

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2019 4:38 AM

Yeah but did he get his wings after he died?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2019 4:47 AM

Canada... That explains it. I don't 'recognize' any of these guys. The producers may have had to go north to find 5 gay guys who would do this.

They have the Valley Girl vocal fry voice, though- so that may be international.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2019 4:54 AM

Loved this show - particularly the Mexican guy who came on the show high once.

The feel of the show was very Canadian - can't put my finger on it - but I guess it was just the 'niceness' and respect that they had for each other. They would have amped it up for American audiences and caused DRAMA and bitchy remarks.

It was refreshing to see gay men not be so (well sometimes) catty and bitchy to each other.

And that bi-racial nurse was hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2019 5:14 AM

Yeah, r26 Jake Mossop was hot. I used to see him on the subway here in Toronto. Good looking.

I worked with JP about 10 years ago at TIFF. Nice guy, a little standoffish but seems like he's got his shit together.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2019 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!