Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Pokémon Go still a thing?

I quit 4 months in once I earned Pikachu.

by Anonymousreply 274August 18, 2020 9:38 AM

A Frau at my work still talks about it. A new Pokémon game came out just a couple of days ago, I think.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2019 1:38 AM

It's still got a lot of players, apparently near the number at the beginning. (I'm guessing it's still really popular in Asia.)

Today was a monthly "community day." Saw lots of people out in my town playing.

Four months to earn a Pikachu? Did you only play an hour a month or something?

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2019 1:51 AM

I have it installed on my phone for the sake of my friends, but I didn't have good enough hardware until a couple years later in 2018. By that point, I was casual, and then this summer started from launch their next game, Harry Potter Wizards Unite, which I play nearly daily, but mostly for the encouragement to get daily walks.

PoGo had a massive following in the summer of 2016, which dropped a ton, but to my understanding its been relatively stable since. Enough to keep going with it pretty hardcore. This sort of activity (previously geocaching, leading to this game and various copies) is practically subcultural by this point.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2019 3:06 AM

I played maybe 30 minutes a day, on my lunch break and walking home.

What are good similar games that encourage walking?

I liked back in 2016 certain places in my city had heaps of powerful Pokémon appearing at certain times and thousands would descend. It made all the papers. It would be in innocuous places, like a small suburban park surrounded by high rise apartment blocks. The locals called it the zombie apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2019 3:20 AM

Sort of. Not that many play anymore, but some started to play late, like me. I started a year ago and I'm finally at level 40.

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2019 7:02 AM

R4 PoGo is a lot of fun if you are an active player. There are lots of events, community days etc. Also now everyone that reaches level 40 can nominate pokéstops.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2019 7:04 AM

I remember when the game was a huge fad. Everywhere I went were idiots holding their phones and playing the game!

My favorite was a group of grubby nerds at a nice local park, I overheard one of them saying "... and I literally hadn't left the house for three months before Pokémon Go...".

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2019 7:07 AM

R7 It's positive because it gets people out, young or old, it doesn't matter. People have to go outside and walk to play the game. It's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2019 7:10 AM

I still play when I take my dogs for walks. I have "friends" in Japan and Poland and Brazil and around the US that I exchange 'gifts' with so I get eggs with all sorts of bizarre pokemon in them, still lost of fun. I also see at least one other person every time I take my dog to the park, and I'm sure there are many more since, as team instinct, my gym takeovers are usually quickly defeated.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2019 9:48 AM

It really did encourage people to get out and walk. Back in 2016, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2019 9:51 AM

It's gotten interesting lately.

by Anonymousreply 11December 6, 2019 4:44 AM

R11 It really has. Interesting events, community days and the release of Gen 5 has made it more fun. Also, now level 40 players can nominate stops. I got my first nomination approved today.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2019 5:49 PM

R9 What level are you on? Have you nominated stops? I'm finally on level 40 after playing actively for a year. I'm on team Instinct too, it's hard because it's the smallest team by far so you aren't able to defend gyms for very long.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2019 5:53 PM

r13 I'm level 32 or 33. I used to try to exploit the lucky eggs + many evolutions for big xp gains but it just became too much of a hassle so now I just play and earn xp as I go. The thing about instinct is that you get to know (by their avatars) the people in it, since there's only like around 6-8 of us who capture gyms in the park I walk the dog in, as opposed to the way more numerous blues and reds. When I hit 40 I'll definitely be nominating some areas around my house though--we have zero stops! Can you nominate gyms too?

And I choose instinct because of sexy spark, of course!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2019 8:00 PM

I've been at level 36 for a million years. Lost interest. I used to try to coordinate the seven days, so that every Saturday, I'd go to town, spin a Pokestop for the seventh time, catch a Pokemon for the seventh time, and do a seventh field research, all with a lucky egg engaged.

Since I've disengaged, I now have a bunch of "special research" tasks. I got back into it a few weeks ago, and things are moving forward. I got to level 37 today (not expecting that). One of my special research tasks is probably going to outlive me: three great throws in a row.

Though the game, by definition, is silly, one thing I appreciate about it is that, as someone who travels frequently, it gives me interesting tasks while in someplace far from home. In Europe, I was determined to find a Mr. Mime. (I got, like, 30). In Scranton, I found myself searching for P0olywags and Slowpokes.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2019 12:27 AM

R14 You can only nominate stops. Stops get upgraded to gyms if there is a pokéstop nearby. The stop that has been there longest gets upgraded. Just be aware of the nomination process when you reach level 40. You can't nominate everything you see. It has to be an eligible nomination. Check this out, it's actually harder to nominate stops than you think. Parks, statues, playgrounds etc are eligible. Schools, stops without walking access etc are not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2019 7:48 AM

How strange. I played the game pretty actively from 2016 and stopped in May 2018. I made it to lvl 40 and had an impressive stash of Pokemon. I put the game down for about a year and a half and recently started getting back into it over the past week or so. I've missed a slew of community days and events and shinies and legendaries. The whole friendship/pvp/trading system is completely new to me. I'm just starting to get a hang of the team rocket battles.

Honestly, it's pretty fun! All these new features add a lot of depth to the game, and wouldn't you know it, this month's community day is a weekend long accumulation of all the previous community days, so I can catch up! I've already selected all the community day Pokemon I want to evolve to get their exclusive moves, and hopefully I'll be able to find some shinies! I'm excited! I'll either be going to Downtown Disney or the Santa Monica Pier for one of the days. Haven't decided yet.

I should probably nominate some Pokestops since I'm lvl40 right? There's a memorial at the top of a local mountain that's frequently hiked. That'd make a nice one. Gotta get up off my ass and climb up there!

If anyone wants to friend me my trainer code is 1340 7840 6600. I tend to play every day in Southern California where we've got plenty of Pokestops. I'll send gifts like a motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2019 7:57 AM

R15 There are ways to reach level 40 fast. It's at level 40 the game really begins. You can then nominate pokéstops and powering up pokémons get easier as there isn't a cap, like on every level up to 38. Anyways, if you want to reach level 40 fast just add friends, send and receive gifts every day and use lucky eggs. Every time you increase friend level you get twice the XP if you use eggs.

I agree with you that the game got boring for a while as there weren't many new tasks. However, it has improved in recent months with more special research tasks. Also, with events that are actually interesting. Well, the event before this one was crap, friend fest with nidoran, lol. It's not like nidoran doesn't spawn everywhere anyway, right. This current evolution event is much better though, many pokémons spawn that are usually rare in the wild. I use this event to evolve rare pokémon. Niantic needs to understand that it's events with rare pokémon that should happen more often. I'm also looking forward to the double Community Day this upcoming weekend. I need more Swinubs and Bagons so I can evolve them into Mamoswine and Salamence, both very good pokémon.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2019 7:58 AM

R17 Playing on Community Day is an excellent way to catch up. Just be aware of the times, Swinub and Bagon (the latter very rare in the wild) will spawn more on Saturday during the time frame 11 am-2 pm. And yes, you should definitely nominate more stops. You should read up on the nomination process and try to nominate eligible stops, read the link in R16. I would add you but my friend list is full with 200. I really should clear out some of my friends though because some don't play anymore and some don't open my gifts for months on end, which gets annoying.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2019 8:07 AM

Yeah, I'm excited to nominate Pokestops. I was actually really into the mechanics of the game... specifically nests and how they operate. There were a lot of users on Reddit who figured out how OpenStreetMaps impacted the real world elements of the game. Change something on the map and it changes in the game. I created a couple of new nests around us by simply changing the labels to corresponding nesting ones. I also added a couple of water features that were missing on the map and when Niantic updated the game, water Pokemon started to spawn there. I also noticed that in one local park, one gym was placed JUST outside the green nesting area, which would have made it eligible for EX raids. I went into OpenStreetMaps and adjusted the area of the park so that it would incorporate the gym. I just checked last week and it's labeled as an EX gym.

I wonder if any other discoveries have been made since I stopped playing.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2019 8:14 AM

I forgot to say, use Wayfarer to nominate stops. Log in with google or facebook. You nominate stops in the game (app), but you review pokéstops in Wayfarer, which is a website. There you can also see your nominations and if they are approved. I got a stop approved yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2019 8:19 AM

Thanks! Looks interesting! I'll check it out.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2019 8:46 AM

I got my second pokéstop nomination approved today.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2019 8:06 PM

Sweet! I still gotta hike to the top of that mountain, hahah.

So how are you enjoying this event? I'm loving it so far! I caught three shinies today: Ralts, Gligar, and Onix. The Gligar and Onix I caught within minutes of each other. Do you know if they've upped the shiny rate in general? They never used to be this frequent when I was playing a year and a half ago.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2019 5:42 AM

R24 I'm loving this event. Fairly rare pokemons are spawnimg more often. The last event was lame af, friend event with Nidorans, lol. It's not like Nidorans don't spawn all the time anyways. I haven't caught many shinies yet. I have no idea why but I seem to luck out when it comes to shinies. I caught a shiny Charmeleon on raid day Saturday and then a shiny Gligar. Did you raid on Saturday? Everyone got 5 raid passes.

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2019 6:01 AM

R17 I have added you.

I’ve only been playing for the last 5 months. I tried the game when it was first released but gave up after like a day. I’m up to level 33 now.

It’s a shame that so many people cheat the game and spoof their location. The fat pricks don’t even have to leave their bed now to play. Plus it means as soon as I knock out their Pokémon from a gym, within a minute they have knocked me out again and recaptured it. All without having to walk a step.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2019 6:28 AM

R25 I had relatively decent shiny luck before I took a break from the game. It ultimately comes down to chance, but I've found that persistently hunting for an extended period of time can help. I've already caught a shiny Mawile, Eevee, Bulbasaur, Machop, Ralts, Gligar, and Onix over the past ten days since I picked up the game again. I swear they've altered the rates because even with my okay luck I was never this successful.

I didn't actually raid on Saturday as it was raining Persians and Houndooms here in Southern California. I don't really raid as much as I used to anyway. I like the zen art of hunting, farming nests, and taking down gyms. If I happen to see a raid and people are actually there then I'll gladly do it though... it's just not my main focus. I have caught a couple Terrakion though. I'll be going to Disneyland tomorrow so maybe I'll get a raid in there.

R26 Yeah, spoofers were a huge deal back in the day as well. Are they still a problem? When I last played the game Niantic had just launched this huge ban on spoofers which was pretty effective at the time. This in the week or so before the Mareep community day. Did that not stick? Are spoofers just as prominent now as they were then?

by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2019 7:08 AM

I got my third pokéstop approved today. I tried to nominate another stop, but it was denied twice, due to duplicate. I first tried to change the name, but realized it was probably denied because it was too close to a different pokéstop. Oh well. At least I got three approved, not too bad. I will try to nominate more in 14 days.

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2019 6:43 AM

[quote]Pikachu.

That sounds like something a gay would do after he swallowed HIV infested semen.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2019 6:51 AM

I woke up to a new Special Research. YAAAAAS! It's called Celebrate 2019. The rewards are Unova stone and rare candies, just what I need. Guys, Community day is today and tomorrow. I recommend going for Swinub, Treecko and Bagon. Thr last one is especially rare in the wild and it evolves into Salamence, a really good Pokemon. Swinub evolves into Mammoswine using Sinnoh stone, another good pokemon. Treecko evolves into Sceptile, which is one of the better grass types. Swinub and Bagon will be avilable in large numbers today between 11 am and 2 pm. Stay safe everyone and happy hunting!

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2019 7:42 AM

Shoot. I thought it was fad. Guess not by the responses here. I'll check it you.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2019 7:55 AM

Check it OUT. Posting without my glasses is a serious crime. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2019 7:57 AM

R32 Well, it was more popular in 2016 when it was released, however there are still a lot of people playing. The game is constantly evolving, with the release of new pokemon, different events etc. You can really never get bored with it because there's always something new.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2019 8:14 AM

I went from 0 stardust to 250k stardust. I guess CD wad a success.

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 8:07 PM

R17 I will add you as a friend. I live in MD and travel all over the US for work. My trainer code is 7774 9204 8710 for anyone else who wants to add me and get gifts!

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 2:58 AM

didn't pedophiles go all over that?

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 3:00 AM

No, it’s not a thing.

I’m not a child

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 3:18 AM

I can't believe that this weekend, I bought a Nintendo Switch and "Pokemon Let's Go Eevee" and spent the whole weekend getting halfway though the game so I could start getting Meltans in Pokemon Go. IN the process, I got hooked on "Let's Go," which means that, instead of being out in the physical world burning off calories, I can now do my Pokemon hunting lying in bed eating bon bons.

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2019 3:56 AM

Wonder what this means?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2019 1:55 PM

An old high school friend (she's 55) plays Pokemon

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2019 2:18 PM

Community weekend was ultimately a success for me. I'm the guy who didn't play for a year and a half and have missed all the shinies since Larvitar last June. I didn't get shinies of everything, but I got about 15 on Sunday alone, all from various species. I got enough for a complete set of Mudkip, Chimchar and Ralts. Got a couple Trapinch, and a single Totodile and Bagon. No Larvitar or Beldum for me, but that's alright. I'm happy to have caught what I did.

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2019 2:42 PM

R41 I didn't see any Larvitar or Beldum in the wild, but I did see them in raids. I got 13 shinies in two days, not a lot but still better than my normal catch. I hardly ever get shinies so this was actually a lot for me, lol. The only thing I'm disappointed about is the spawn rate for Bagon. It was shit, even during the 11 am to 2 pm time when it was supposed to be increased. I saw lots of every other Pokémon, but not a lot of Bagon.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2019 2:49 PM

Yeah, I think Larvitar and Beldum were only in raids or hatchable or something. I did a few Beldum raids and a Larvitar raid, but didn't want to waste money for the chance at buying a shiny, so I focused more on walking and catching. I saw a decent amount of Bagon actually, but they were definitely spawning less than your starters. I pinapped all of them for that extra candy.

I played at Downtown Disney during that three hour window and I'll probably do all future Community Days there. It was completely lured up and filled with stops and tons of Pokemon clusters throughout the walkway. I think that's how I managed to do as well as I did on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2019 2:54 PM

So I submitted four Pokestops over the last couple days throughout Southern California... all on hiking trails actually. The submission process is fun! I'm an amateur photographer, so it's cool to think that your images could live on in the game. Writing descriptions for the Pokestops and justifying your submission is also fun. I hope they're approved!

by Anonymousreply 44December 22, 2019 1:31 AM

It's Community Day today 11 am - 2 pm.

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2020 1:00 PM

3561 7971 7953

Add me :)

by Anonymousreply 46January 29, 2020 5:43 PM

Community Day in February will feature Rhyhorn. Not the pokemon I wanted, I wish it was one that was more rare, like Electabuzz or Gible or Riolu. Though Rhyhorn isn't the worst choice as it has its use as Rhyperior. Ground/rock types are good for raids.

by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2020 8:18 AM

I used to play everyday, despite being rural, until Niantic decided to delete all spawns in my area.

by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2020 9:18 AM

R48 Same thing happened to me where I live, which is suburbia. Niantic removed all the spawns from my area. They say they just removed spawns from places with few players and increased it where there are more players. It's a lie though. All spawns have decreased everywhere, even in downtown. It fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2020 2:45 PM

There's a Lickitung raid on Saturday from 2 pm to 5 pm. Everyone gets 5 free raid passes.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2020 5:18 PM

6579 8071 2958

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2020 2:50 AM

I hatched 25 7km eggs and only got 2 Gible and 1 Riolu😡

by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2020 8:16 AM

Happy Valentine's Event, pokebitches.

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2020 11:50 AM

English does not have diacritical marks

by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Add me!

3512 1893 7984

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2020 8:44 PM

In 2016, the Google-incubated augmented reality game, Pokémon Go, tested economies of action on the streets. Game players did not know that they were pawns in the real game of behavior modification for profit, as the rewards and punishments of hunting imaginary creatures were used to herd people to the McDonald’s, Starbucks and local pizza joints that were paying the company for “footfall,” in exactly the same way that online advertisers pay for “click through” to their websites.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2020 11:46 PM

I always thought it was odd that companies like Starbucks would waste their money paying to have Pokestops in their stores. If someone wants to spin the pokestop, they don't even have to be on the premises.

by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2020 11:52 PM

R57 Sponsored pokestops are only available in USA, nowhere else. Certainly not here in Norway. It's hard enough to get pokestop nominations approved.

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 6:37 PM

Reminder that there's a Lickitung raid today. I already finished it here in Norway. I only had 5 free raid passes and 2 premium passes. Caught 7 Lickitung, including one shiny.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2020 6:39 PM

R58 I recall that, at least at the beginning sponsored Pokestops were also found in Japan. IIRC, during the first year, at least, Niantic's revenue from the game amounted to around 2 /2 million dollars a day and the vast amount of that revenue consisted of Pokestop income from Japan. (And, I may be stretching it, but the large portion of that was from McDonald's.)

Of course revenue is down, and these day's they only take in about two million dollars a day.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2020 9:26 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 61February 16, 2020 3:26 PM

Hey, it's been really fun getting a lot of new P-Go "friends" from here. I've got new friends from Wales and New Zealand. One thing I wonder about is whether people care about where "gifts" come from. From my own experience, I don't care whether it's a 7-11 or a cathedral, though, of course, if it's somewhere like Wales or New Zealand that's awesome. I admit, I agonize a little too much over whether, as I'm getting ready to send a gift from my neighborhood Starbucks I agonize whether I've sent the same friend a gift from the Starbucks before.

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2020 2:40 AM

R62 I don't think it matters. People are just happy to get gifts, it doesn't matter where they're from.

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2020 5:44 AM

Thanks to my new friends - in particular the one from Norway! If the New Zealand guy would like to send me some presents I'd love some eggs from NZ - 3512 1893 7984!

I actually have 2 accounts - my normal one I had when Pokemon Go went live and my second one which I created when Friends became live. When I take over a gym I switch to the other account to add that one too. I'm up to Level 37 already an my spare account and 40 on my regular account.

Also I only discovered the Sock Thing you can do to with Adventure Sync. Put your phone in a sock and spin it around and you can hatch eggs in no time.

I've never done a 5 star raid though as don't have any friends who Poke.

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2020 7:16 PM

R62 I don't care either and I love to see the sights from all gifts from my new friends. I already have a new Pokemon from a Norway egg... thank you! Can't wait to see what hatches from Wales and NZ too. Guess I will try the sock trick to hurry things along!

by Anonymousreply 65February 21, 2020 2:11 AM

I started playing at my work, there was a gym right at my desk and one in the lobby. (there were about 10 stops and three gyms on my work campus).

I would sit at my desk and spin the stop, my boss walked by and said "is that pokemon go?" I said yeah I can spin the stop here at my desk all day long. He laughed and said "Isnt the goal to get up and GO?" I told him I make my own rules!

by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2020 2:14 AM

Wow! It's fun seeing my new friends show up here.

by Anonymousreply 67February 21, 2020 2:38 AM

This rock egg thing was great for my main account - first egg was an Archen that was new to my Pokedex.

Have hatched 10 eggs with my DCI Jane Tennison account and have had 8 Omanytes and 2 Lileeps.

Got very excited opening presents from Norway and New Zealand but neither had eggs!

by Anonymousreply 68February 21, 2020 8:38 PM

Reminder that today is COMMUNITY DAY featuring Rhyhorn. 11 am to 2 pm.

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Ferroseed is going to be the March research breakthrough.

by Anonymousreply 70February 29, 2020 2:56 AM

What Pokemon are y'all using in your battles? For the ultimate battles I've settled on:

Leafon - leaf blade - 2807cp

Machamp - dynamic punch - 2928cp

Togekiss - ancient power and dazzling gleam - 3057cp

I've got much stronger Pokemon but these all have quick attacks and I tend win 2 or 3 battles out of 5 in each round.

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2020 7:19 AM

Hey DCI JT bit of a long shot, but I’ve noticed you’re in Cardiff. If you’re ever in the area, I’d love a gift from either Roald Dahl Plass or the Torchwood memorial thats nearby. I visited Cardiff for the day with a friend of mine when we went on holiday together a few years ago and absolutely fell in love with the place.

Thanks from your kiwi buddy PaulWH

by Anonymousreply 72March 4, 2020 10:42 PM

Everyone remember to get your 30 incense for 1 coin in the shop.

by Anonymousreply 73March 15, 2020 2:04 PM

Hey PaulWH, I've not been to Bay area for a while but next time I'm there I'll get loads of gifts to send.

There's the Ivor Novello statue, the Torchwood Tower, the Pierhead Building....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 15, 2020 3:49 PM

Are any of the popular Pokemon Go youtubers gay and is community day still happening?

by Anonymousreply 75March 15, 2020 6:57 PM

I'm loving seeing P-Go friends on here by name! Sorry, my gifts for the upcoming time are going to be rather mundane. Like churches--too many churches.

by Anonymousreply 76March 15, 2020 11:51 PM

R75 Community Day is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 77March 17, 2020 6:54 AM

Hope you all enjoyed gifts from Chicago. All of my travel is cancelled for the next few months so it's back to neighborhood churches and the park. I'm on mandatory work from home for the next 2 weeks.

Stay healthy if you're out and about!

by Anonymousreply 78March 20, 2020 11:42 AM

Guy in Italy was just arrested for breaking quarantine to play Pokémon Go.

by Anonymousreply 79March 20, 2020 11:47 AM

Reminder to open the box containing 100 pokeballs. You get it for only 1 coin in the shop.

by Anonymousreply 80March 24, 2020 11:09 AM

Hatched a second Kabuto awhile back before things shut down due to the virus.

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2020 3:16 AM

Today the special is 50 great balls for 1 coin.

Hope you are all safe and healthy!

by Anonymousreply 82April 1, 2020 1:21 AM

Thanks, Crabby!

by Anonymousreply 83April 1, 2020 1:30 AM

I believe they have said they are are going to double the distance at gyms and I believe stops at which you can spin them or battle at gyms.

by Anonymousreply 84April 1, 2020 2:44 AM

They did that today, R84. They're also going to allow us to join with friends in raids without actually having to go to the place where a raid is being held. Also, they're teasing a way to visit pokestops in various interesting places whilst at home.

Niantic seems to be addressing the fact that the key characteristic of their game (intentionally) is to get people out and about getting exercise whilst playing. But, if that's their model, it's likely to die during the quarantine. So their shifting their model to playing at home. Hopefully, when this ends, they'll shift back to getting us back out their off our asses.

by Anonymousreply 85April 1, 2020 2:57 AM

It will suck if you don't live close enough to a pokestop or gym r85.

by Anonymousreply 86April 1, 2020 6:34 AM

The reward for catching 3 Dittos is a fucking CROAGUNK? Are they fucking serious?!

by Anonymousreply 87April 4, 2020 12:47 PM

Thanks r87. I don't know why they won't allow the party hat starter Pokemon to evolve.

by Anonymousreply 88April 5, 2020 6:38 AM

There are 3 pokestops in the park by my house and 1 of them turned into a gym at the start of the week.

Twice I knocked the Red ones out when their hearts were low and made it Yellow but within minutes I got knocked back out so I thought FUCK YOU and I've left the gym alone and their Metagross has been there since Tuesday. NO FIFTY POKECOINS FOR YOU, FUCKER!

by Anonymousreply 89April 5, 2020 7:39 AM

R89 It's hard being team yellow as there's so few of us. Every gym is either red or blue.

by Anonymousreply 90April 7, 2020 11:04 AM

R87 Croagunk actually isn't that bad if you evolve it into Toxicroak.

by Anonymousreply 91April 7, 2020 11:53 AM

Level 50? I hope not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2020 10:55 AM

Hello to my 3 new friends! I love the new 20 gift limit so I can send more - I hope they keep it in the game.

Got another new Pokemon from an egg - thanks DCIJane! :)

Hope you are all doing well, esp our photographer friend in CA who has been off the grid for a while.

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2020 8:21 PM

Gee whiz. Just the other day, I was thinking about whether they'd up the max level. I used to fear this (I plan to retire at 40.). So I've been thinking that so much time has passed since people started hitting level 40--unless they've been keeping progress of people at level 40, there's no fair way to deal with increasing the top level.

Of course, they probably have kept track. At the least, I'd imagine, anyone currently at level 40 will have whatever XPs they would have earned applied, be set to the appropraite new level, and given the bonuses for upping their levels.

Damn!

by Anonymousreply 94April 17, 2020 1:05 AM

I keep feeling compelled to mix it up with "gifts" given that I don't have access to many Pokestops. Appreciate, though, that we're all doing what we can.

by Anonymousreply 95April 17, 2020 3:23 AM

I'm almost close to having enough 🍬 to evolve my 93%+ Mareep all the way up to Ampharos.

by Anonymousreply 96April 17, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote]Got another new Pokemon from an egg - thanks DCIJane! :)

Glad to be of help! What did you get? I like to think eggs from Wales will hatch dragon types.

And hello to Jo and Kez - thank you for my first egg from Australia to go with my eggs from New Zealand.

by Anonymousreply 97April 18, 2020 7:58 AM

R97 it was a Shieldon which is a rock type.

I'm waiting to open international gifts until I hatch my current egg. Right now I only have 1 incubator. I haven't gotten one from a Pokestop in ages and am always low on coins.

I've got 1 or 2 more weeks of work from home but don't know when I will be traveling again.

by Anonymousreply 98April 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Incense day is today. I'd recommend focusing on the fire and ground time slots. Litwick is very good when you evolve it into Chandelure. Then you have the ground time slot, which features Drilbur which evolves into Excadrill, a very good pokemon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2020 8:18 AM

R98 Did you not take advantage of the 30 incenses from the 1 coin poke gift in the store? Or have you already used them all? I have like 10 left, which is perfect for the incense event today.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2020 8:20 AM

If you have 2 players next to each other and player 1 uses an incense, can player 2 see the Pokemon that appear as a result?

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2020 8:43 AM

My opinion after the incense day event: meh. Not enough spawns. Got like 3 Drilbur and 5 Litwick. One Drilbur ran away despite curveball, great throw and ultra ball :(

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2020 3:32 PM

R101 No, incense only works for one player. Lure on the other hand works for all the players nearby, but you can only use a lure at a pokestop.

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2020 3:33 PM

I got 1 Clitwick and ZERO Gothitas.

I've gpt 62 Gothita candy to evolve my Gothorita, so when they reduce the buddy distance it shouldn't take too much time.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2020 5:11 PM

I caught an 87% Venonat and a Drillbur.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2020 10:26 PM

R104 Lucky you! I slept through the psychic hour😂 I work Mon-Fri. I can only relax during the weekends. I barely slept the night before. Sadly I had to sacrifice a couple of the incense hours. I used my incense for fire and ground. Got shitty Litwicks and shitty Drilburs but I just transfered them to the professor and used the candy to power up the Chandelure and Excalibur that I already had.

by Anonymousreply 106April 21, 2020 9:21 AM

Sorry, meant to say Excadrill😂

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2020 9:31 AM

Sorry, meant to say Excadrill😂

by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2020 9:31 AM

Joltiks are appearing today and so is Volbeat.

by Anonymousreply 109April 21, 2020 6:01 PM

Yup, lots of Joltiks everywhere, and Illumise which normally appears in North America.

by Anonymousreply 110April 21, 2020 6:10 PM

Wobbuffet are appearing.

by Anonymousreply 111April 21, 2020 10:14 PM

Thanks DCI Jane for the gift from torchwood tower !

by Anonymousreply 112April 22, 2020 12:37 AM

R89 and R90

I too am Team Yellow and glad to see that it’s not just my area that lacks in yellow players. The gyms are mostly red with a few blue scattered around.

What most annoys me is when I take a gym down the road, within seconds it’s already been recaptured despite no one else being around. They’re clearly cheating and spoofing their location. It’s always the same person too and they’re taking all the gyms in a 3km radius. Makes it impossible to enjoy the game fully. And often they’re capturing gyms at 2/3am so I bet they’re not even in the same country / time zone as me.

by Anonymousreply 113April 22, 2020 5:22 AM

R113 Ugh, that sucks. I think I'm lucky because so far I've not seen any spoofers in my area. Which makes it easier to take over gyms. I have a gym right outside of my office, which I'm normally able to hold. I usually get betwewn 200 and 250 coins a week.

by Anonymousreply 114April 22, 2020 6:27 AM

R112 - you're welcome - finally went out on my bike and stocked up on gifts

I posted as R89 - there's a gym on the route I take my dog for a walk some evenings, I tend to knock out the gym when the Pokemon are low on hearts and put mine in overnight then around 9am I get knocked out and then I go in the evening and knock them out.

The red gym I posted about before has had a solitary Lopunny in since Easter weekend belonging to the same Level 22 person who is always in there. So again, no 50 pokecoins for you. I feel a bit guilty, he or she could be an obese housebound diabetic, or be in an iron lung and not able to leave, or they could just be an arsehole.

by Anonymousreply 115April 22, 2020 8:02 AM

DCI Jane are you actually female? I’ve noticed a lot of players tend to switch genders within the game. So one should never presume.

by Anonymousreply 116April 22, 2020 8:14 AM

The several Volbeats that I caught were all terrible. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2020 8:30 AM

I hatched a 4 star Volbeat which I was stoked about.

by Anonymousreply 118April 22, 2020 9:08 AM

R117 Volbeat sucks anyway. You can't even evolve it.

by Anonymousreply 119April 22, 2020 9:59 AM

So does Illumise r119.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 22, 2020 10:08 AM

I've been getting a ton of Voltbeats and Illumise, and Woobat is a new one in the last couple of days.

There are 3 gyms close to my house, mostly red. I think it's people who live close to the park so not necessarily assholes who take over immediately. :) I need ro get out today and reload on gifts.

by Anonymousreply 121April 22, 2020 12:06 PM

I can confirm the real DCI Jane Tennison is not a sexy young woman with perky breasts in a hat.

It's my alt account that I use to help fill out my Pokedex.

The real DCI Jane Tennison is an average pasty white British man with British teeth and British feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 22, 2020 3:21 PM

[quote]The red gym I posted about before has had a solitary Lopunny in since Easter weekend belonging to the same Level 22 person who is always in there. So again, no 50 pokecoins for you. I feel a bit guilty, he or she could be an obese housebound diabetic, or be in an iron lung and not able to leave, or they could just be an arsehole.

So I noticed the red gym turned yellow earlier with a yellow Sableye in it.

When I checked again 20 minutes later is was back red again with the Level 22 person occupying it.

by Anonymousreply 123April 22, 2020 3:27 PM

I'm disappointed, Jane. I had always pictured you as a younger H.M.

by Anonymousreply 124April 23, 2020 2:05 AM

I'm actually an older version of you Tramplegoo!

When I was in South America I had countless people telling me I looked like David Schwimmer.

I hatched a shiny Happiny today, my dreams of owning a puss coloured Blissey are coming true!

by Anonymousreply 125April 23, 2020 6:26 AM

I hatched a 93% Grimer.

by Anonymousreply 126April 23, 2020 8:28 AM

I caught a three star shiny Chansey today. Stoked for us, DCI Jane

by Anonymousreply 127April 23, 2020 10:41 AM

So my shiny Happiny evolved into a puss green Chancey which then evolved into a Blissey which is pretty indistinguishable from the non shiny one.

And from an egg that PaulWH sent, DCI Jane Tennison hatched her very first Archen, so thanks for that.

Has anyone got a Rufflet from the battle challenge rewards yet? I've had 3 Landoruses the last 3 times I've won 4 matches.

by Anonymousreply 128April 24, 2020 6:06 PM

I find the Go Battle league verging on impossible to win. Especially at the Ultra League.

by Anonymousreply 129April 24, 2020 8:00 PM

DCI, I hope your Archen (which I noticed is your now your buddy) is a 3 star.

Tramplegoo, love the nickname that you gave your buddy, Shellder

by Anonymousreply 130April 24, 2020 8:06 PM

I'm starting to capture some 3 star Pokemon but they mostly end up being low CP.

by Anonymousreply 131April 24, 2020 8:18 PM

It’s the Abra community day here in NZ. Must say there doesn’t seem to be as many wild Abra around as other community days. Managed to get a 3 star shiny Abra but low CP. I’ll evolve it to Alakazam with a <1500 CP so I can use it for the Great League.

by Anonymousreply 132April 25, 2020 12:56 AM

I will say that I do like this upgraded feature they added.

by Anonymousreply 133April 25, 2020 1:20 AM

what upgraded feature is that?

by Anonymousreply 134April 25, 2020 2:07 AM

R134 The power up button.

by Anonymousreply 135April 25, 2020 2:26 AM

What is a three star Pokemon?

by Anonymousreply 136April 25, 2020 7:23 AM

When you appraise your Pokémon, it can be between 0 and 4 stars.

by Anonymousreply 137April 25, 2020 7:43 AM

R136 a 3 star Pokemon is a Pokemon with IV's between 82% to 98%. If you have 3 stars with a red background then you have Pokemon with 100% IV's. So far I only have 1 perfect IV Pokemon.

by Anonymousreply 138April 25, 2020 7:49 AM

I totally forgot about Community Day! Been playing for the past 3 hours. I thought it was over but appsrently it lasts for another two hours! I have stuff to do today ffs. Might take a break then play a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 139April 25, 2020 12:09 PM

Had my first 10k egg for a few weeks yesterday. A FUCKING FEEBAS!?!?!!!?!?!?!??!

What a load of fucking shite.

by Anonymousreply 140April 27, 2020 8:12 AM

I got a 4 star feebas from a 10k so I was stoked with that. Over them now though.

by Anonymousreply 141April 27, 2020 9:02 AM

I want an Archen but so far I have gotten Kabuto, Tirtouga and now a Omanyte.

by Anonymousreply 142April 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Remote raiding is now live as of the new update.

by Anonymousreply 143April 27, 2020 8:20 PM

Yes, I have friends who play it.

by Anonymousreply 144April 27, 2020 8:31 PM

I wonder when it's supposed to happen that you send out your buddy Pokemon to collect items?

by Anonymousreply 145April 27, 2020 8:34 PM

There will be an update version released right before the election to lure snowflake libtard fucktwads to fucking play it all day all night and disregard all the voting like in 2016. Well, fuck them libtard fucktwads.

by Anonymousreply 146April 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Did that actually happen R146? I never played Pokemon Go or any games on mobile phone.

by Anonymousreply 147April 27, 2020 8:54 PM

R145 It does that automatically. Today it brought me gifts.

by Anonymousreply 148April 29, 2020 7:08 AM

How was everyone's Community Day? I caught 13 shinies and like two Abra with a good IV. The rest were shit.

by Anonymousreply 149April 29, 2020 7:10 AM

I didn't catch many Abra r149.

by Anonymousreply 150April 29, 2020 8:38 AM

I took part in my first legendary raid today with the remote battle passes.

About 9 people took down a Darkrai but then I couldn't catch the fucker on 11 attempts!

by Anonymousreply 151April 29, 2020 8:00 PM

Nearly 4 years after starting Pokemon Go I now have my Mewtoo after the Kanto challenge. I was expecting a nice shiny acknowledgement that I'd completed the Kanto pokedex with 151 out of 151 but DIDDLY SQUAT.

For Johto I am only needing Unown and Heracross

For Hoenn I am only needing Torkoal, Tropius, Relicanth and whatever numbers 352, 384 and 386 are

For Sinnoh I need 417, Chatot, Carnivine, and then 479 up to 493

And for Unova I need shitloads.

by Anonymousreply 152May 2, 2020 8:52 AM

R152 I was pleasantly surprised to find out there was a new special research available. I haven't' finished it yet, might do it today. I'll go for a walk. Will go crazy if I stay inside all day. Might go to the beach again like I did yesterday. Hopefully I'll catch a few pokemon on the way and finish the special research.

by Anonymousreply 153May 2, 2020 8:58 AM

R152

417=Pachirisu

by Anonymousreply 154May 2, 2020 9:45 AM

OMG the Raichu I got from the throwback task is my first 4 star Pokemon!

by Anonymousreply 155May 2, 2020 2:10 PM

R52 - Congrats. You got through the new challenge pretty quickly. I'm hoping to finish it. today and. finish my. Kanto collection.

I've got a long way to go before finishing any other regions.

But, surprisingly, I snagged a Shitloads the other day out in the wild.

by Anonymousreply 156May 2, 2020 2:18 PM

I love my new Wigglytuff.

by Anonymousreply 157May 2, 2020 8:49 PM

The remote raids are fun. There are 3 gyms within range of my couch. Yesterday I beat a weak Pokemon by myself. So far today it's always a 50k Darkrai and no one else in the raid so I don't want to waste a pass when I know I can't win.

by Anonymousreply 158May 3, 2020 12:59 AM

DYEZ7HBXCRUZ6EP

H7APT5ZTLM45GZV

P2XEAW56TSLUXH3

30 great balls, 30 ultra balls,30 pokeballs, 30 max revives and 60 pinap berries.

Redeemable at the link below.

Make sure you spin your pokestop for the day before you redeem as you will likely go over your bag size limit and then be unable to spin a stop. I forgot and how have to try and use up 165 items before I can spin 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 3, 2020 8:09 AM

Thanks for that, Paul. Unfortunately, it looks like the offers have already expired. I wonder if they're set up to work only once.

by Anonymousreply 160May 3, 2020 12:05 PM

I got my first Pokestop approved!

Currently trying to boost my distance up to 50k this week by putting my iphone on my record player. I can't go out because I'm waiting on a delivery of pair of tan slacks.

The record player method doesn't appear to be working at 33rpm. Might have to try 45.

by Anonymousreply 161May 3, 2020 12:19 PM

From what I understand, a record player is not very effective. Putting your phone in a sock and swinging it seems to work for some people. Amazon sells devices specifically for performing this motion on your phone, and they supposedly work. I have a friend who purchased one, I'll try to find out if she had any luck with it.

by Anonymousreply 162May 3, 2020 4:57 PM

R160 Yeah I just read that they’ve already expired. Thousands of people used it , guess I made it just in time.

by Anonymousreply 163May 3, 2020 5:07 PM

I only miss Articuno before I have my Kanto dex completed. Sadly it might be a while until I get it as it's a legendary.

by Anonymousreply 164May 3, 2020 8:51 PM

This thread reeks of youth and potential daddy issues...

by Anonymousreply 165May 3, 2020 9:38 PM

I wish I knew how to play it. I do lots and lots of walking in my city, and would be fun to have something to do. I'm too ADD to even learn how.

by Anonymousreply 166May 3, 2020 9:39 PM

I guess R166 is the new datalounger account?

by Anonymousreply 167May 4, 2020 6:01 AM

R166 It is VERY easy to learn. It's literally a game for children ffs. You spin pokestops for items and catch pokemon with pokeballs.

by Anonymousreply 168May 4, 2020 8:20 AM

Got my first Darkrai today 😊

by Anonymousreply 169May 4, 2020 10:08 AM

R167 the new account is in Wales (got a gift already - thank you!) Maybe DCI Jane recruited a friend?

R166 if you haven't started the game yet, give it a try. It is fun to gather new Pokemon and see the sights from friends' gifts.

I need to make 2 more friends to complete a research task (hint hint.)

by Anonymousreply 170May 4, 2020 2:39 PM

I just found this thread. I play and usually check in daily but not as intense as a lot of people I know.

If anyone can help I need to make two more friends to finish some research.

I am good about sending gifts.

3970 1190 6138

by Anonymousreply 171May 4, 2020 2:46 PM

The new Datalounger profile is my alt account. There are 5 gyms in park I cycle in that I've now been in for 17 days, so I wanted to knock myself out for the pokecoins. Add me if you want - 6838 3400 3255

I guessed that now is a good time to create an alt profile, so this time I'm red, and less than 24 hours after creating profile I'm up to level 19 already. The double XP and use of 1 lucky egg has really helped me race thrpugh the levels.

Oh and re the record player experiment, when I checked my phone this morning it added an extra 4.3k from adventure sync. That could have been from general walking or it might have been 45rpm.

by Anonymousreply 172May 4, 2020 4:45 PM

R171 I just added you.

DCI Jane, I might try strapping my phone to the ceiling fan to see how it holds up. That should hatch a 7k egg in no time!

by Anonymousreply 173May 4, 2020 7:08 PM

I've been having no problem hatching eggs. Seems like they're popping all the time. Maybe it's because I spend quarantine waking around by myself all day. The problem with hatching eggs is that it ultimately costs real money. I think Trainer Tips Nick gave up hatching eggs. I'm considering it. I don't get anything great, except when it turns out the egg is from someplace interesting.

by Anonymousreply 174May 4, 2020 10:55 PM

Eggs are handy for the extra candies.

by Anonymousreply 175May 4, 2020 10:59 PM

I hadn't thought of that, R175.

I've hit a quandary. I'm at step 8 of the throwback research and have hit a snag. I need to battle a trainer. I haven't done this before. I believe that in order to battle a trainer, you no longer have to be in close proximity to them. So anyone want to battle?

I don't know how you set this up--whether you send out a "challenge" and wait for a response. Or if you set up a time where you are both available. Of course, if we have to be in close proximity, anyone in Rehoboth Beach.

In particular, it would be great to battle another trainer in the same situation. In any case, if someone else finds themselves in this situation and wants to battle a trainer, I'll be available, even if I got past this.

I suppose this will come up in the rest of the throwback challenges.

by Anonymousreply 176May 4, 2020 11:11 PM

Tramplegoo, for a long time I thought you had to do it this way as well. However, all you need to do is tap the battle icon. Then hit either of the green battle icons on the next screen. The lower one will take one if your premium passes. Continue to follow the process in the next screens. There will be someone who will battle you remotely. It doesn’t have to be anyone on your friends list.

In the Pokemon Go world, I’m Slizabeth17.

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2020 1:22 PM

Thanks!

Finally got a MewTwo!

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2020 2:46 PM

I am maxed out on random battles so I have to battle a friend to complete this research task. Will someone send me a request to try it? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2020 3:13 PM

^Never mind unless you want to experiment. I figured out how to advance to the next level.

by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2020 3:55 PM

I can if you’re still around

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2020 7:54 PM

Remote raid pass in the store for 1 coin!

I wish remote trading was allowed. Now I'm stuck on that research task for a week until I am back at work.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2020 10:34 PM

If this is the Kanto Research Task, you only have a week to complete the task. Ends this Friday.

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2020 10:37 PM

I caught a low cp 3 star shelder.

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2020 10:59 PM

R183 it's one of the "jump start research" tasks. I finished the Kanto task today. I'm looking forward the next "throwback" research next week.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2020 11:34 PM

Just sent out a bunch of gifts. It's depressing. Based on the gifts I send, it would seem that my home town, Rehoboth Beach, is a great big cemetery. The Colma of the east. Fortunately, in spite of what I tell visitors, those memorial stones along the sidewalks do not have bodies buried beneath them.

by Anonymousreply 186May 6, 2020 12:04 AM

Pachirisu and Carnivine are regional exclusives. Pachirisu is exclusive to far north areas like Canada, Norway, Alaska,Russia, etc... while Carnivine is exclusive to the southern United States and possibly The Bahamas.

by Anonymousreply 187May 6, 2020 1:29 AM

LOL r186 and thanks for the gifts. I can't wait to get to Rehoboth for real. My favorite time is the last week in Sept: the parking is free and the kids are back in school.

Usually I travel a lot for work but I have no idea when I'll be able to go anywhere, so my gifts will mainly be from the park and church by my house.

by Anonymousreply 188May 6, 2020 1:34 AM

May 17th will be incense day with a focus on water and dark types. Carvanha is supposed to be spawning more frequently with the chance to catch a shiny Carvanha.

by Anonymousreply 189May 6, 2020 2:19 AM

Crabby, that's one of the best times of the year to be here. The weather is nice, the crowds have thinned out, and the water is warm.

by Anonymousreply 190May 6, 2020 2:33 AM

I walk my dog twice daily in my neighborhood, which is home to a TV station and a small park, so you get tons of those, friends. Plus, it seems Lima is full of churches (and bars, but those aren't Pokestops).

I'm Slizabeth17 in the game.

by Anonymousreply 191May 6, 2020 3:00 AM

The Johto challenge has started here in Nz although the spawns haven’t changed to reflect that. Already onto task 3 of 9.

by Anonymousreply 192May 7, 2020 9:59 PM

Up to Level 4 of the Johto task but Ghost pokemon are very rare. Maybe I'll get a 5 nice throws research task and catch myself a Ghastly.

In other news my new Datalounger account is up to Level 24 after 4 days and my Kanto Pokedex is 116. The only evolving Pokemon I've not caught yet is a Cubone. Being able to trade some of the 100 candy Pokemon rather than catch more is a huge help.

by Anonymousreply 193May 8, 2020 8:41 AM

Hey R171 here. I lost this thread, but wanted to thank everyone for your friend requests. I appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 194May 8, 2020 9:40 AM

Are the spawns supposed to change to be more of the next generation? I am seeing exclusively Kantonen region spawns today. Really boring!

Slizabeth17

by Anonymousreply 195May 8, 2020 4:30 PM

I think so R195. I am using incense and getting Johto spawns so I will be able to upgrade a lot and hopefully get some new ones.

For Kanto I am only missing 83 Farfetch'd and 106 Hitmonlee

by Anonymousreply 196May 8, 2020 7:03 PM

It was a few hours before the spawns switched over here in Nz.

by Anonymousreply 197May 8, 2020 7:23 PM

I think the switchover has happened here in the mid-atlantic states. Just found a hoppip but also a Throh.

by Anonymousreply 198May 9, 2020 1:28 AM

I used a incense and mainly kept getting Dunsparce spawns.

by Anonymousreply 199May 9, 2020 3:09 AM

Fucking hell the Snubbull research challenge is dull.

And Dunsparce is one of the most boring Pokemon there is. To quote Emmy award winner Valerie Cherish, I don't need to see that.

R198 - the UK is awash with Sawks, our regional variation of Throh, despite it being being a Johto.

by Anonymousreply 200May 9, 2020 8:57 AM

Pogo, meh, Ingress is where it's at! ;)

by Anonymousreply 201May 9, 2020 10:13 AM

I must have done the snubbull challenge at least 20 times. At least I got heaps of shiny and a four star.

by Anonymousreply 202May 9, 2020 10:31 AM

I finished the Johto challenge really quickly ang got another Ho-Oh.

I still need a Unown, Suicune, Heracross, and Corsola. These are super rare, and I’m fairly pessimistic about getting any this week. Is anyone seeing any of these?

Slizabeth17

by Anonymousreply 203May 11, 2020 8:07 PM

I'm thinking that if you wait long enough, rare legendaries are going to become available generally through research willl happen. I had long ago given up on ever getting a MewTwo, since I'm not into raids, but last week Igot one because Kanto is so 2017.

by Anonymousreply 204May 12, 2020 3:27 AM

Has anyone caught a Ditto during the Johto challenge?

I have a research task with 3 rare candies for a Ditto but not sure if it's worth keeping.

by Anonymousreply 205May 13, 2020 10:37 AM

I am catching everything that comes up but so far no Ditto. My area has a ton of Chikorita, Totodile, Yanma, and Cyndaquil, so I have been able to evolve some of these.

My Ditto task is a special research so I just have to keep trying until I get one.

by Anonymousreply 206May 13, 2020 1:13 PM

I’ve had the most luck getting ditto from venonat.

by Anonymousreply 207May 13, 2020 8:11 PM

This sounds like the special research evolves. I completed the Johto research over the weekend and there were no dittos involved!

by Anonymousreply 208May 14, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote]This sounds like the special research evolves. I completed the Johto research over the weekend and there were no dittos involved!

It was just a random Pokestop daily research task = catch a Ditto and get 3 rare candies.

The Mythical Discovery and Meltan tasks require a Ditto to be caught too.

by Anonymousreply 209May 14, 2020 8:24 AM

As I recall, with Mythical Discovery and the Meltan thing, when they appeared Dittos were more available than normal. I recall with Mythical Discovery, I despaired because I had never ever seen a Ditto, but when it came up was a task, I found two within a few hours.

If this is recurring as field research, you'd think Dittos might be more prevalent these days.

by Anonymousreply 210May 14, 2020 10:55 AM

Well the Hoenn challenge was a breeze! I did the first 6 stages in about half an hour and then just waited for it to get dark so I could get a ghost.

Can't say I'm feeling especially excited about the Caravanha challenge task on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 211May 15, 2020 9:41 PM

I hope to get enough Caravanha candies so I can finally evolve my 100% Caravanha.

by Anonymousreply 212May 16, 2020 2:43 AM

I wish they would change pokecoin system by increasing the cap limit.

by Anonymousreply 213May 16, 2020 1:24 PM

Don’t know if you have heard but they’re trailing a new coin system in Australia that has gotten A lot of backlash from the players. Will be interesting to see what happens and if they roll it out world wide.

by Anonymousreply 214May 16, 2020 7:19 PM

I finally got a Ditto! It was from a Numel.

R214 - what are they doing? I think a lot of people hate the 50 coin limit per day from gyms.

by Anonymousreply 215May 17, 2020 12:37 AM

Decreasing the earn rate for Coins for defending gyms. It’s going from 6 coins per hour to 2 coins per hour. Basically makes it impossible for the average non cheater player to earn decent coins.

by Anonymousreply 216May 17, 2020 3:54 AM

Reminder that today is incense day for Dark and Water types.

by Anonymousreply 217May 17, 2020 11:15 AM

Guess what Pokeys, I CAUGHT MY DITTO!

It was in a Whismur.

Not a bad day, got plenty of catches and a lovely purple Sharpedo, which has a total of zero stars but looks lovely.

by Anonymousreply 218May 17, 2020 4:08 PM

The options for the next community date are 100% pure shite.

Weedle???? Fucking seriously?

Squirtle??? ALREADY DONE IT

Ghastly??? But there's always a shit load of these every fucking Halloween?

Sandshrew??? About as useful as an ice cream dildo.

by Anonymousreply 219May 19, 2020 5:09 PM

I've had an issue with the Hoenn task as ghost type pokemon have been rare. I finally finished it with 2 hours left. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2020 8:07 AM

R219 Tell me about it. All the options are pure shit. But out of those I'd vote for Ghastly. And that says a lot coming from me. I have probably 10 Gengar already, but that's the ONLY one out of the options that is useful for raids. The others are fucking awful and useless. Then again, so is Seedot which is the first upcoming Community Day. I seriously don't get Niantic, it's like they want fewer people to play the game. They don't listen to the players. Nobody wanted those options for Community Day, yet here we are... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2020 8:10 AM

One of those popular Pokemon Go youtubers is trying to encourage people to vote for Weedle because they want a shiny Beedrill.

by Anonymousreply 222May 23, 2020 4:34 AM

Also Pokemon Go will be down on June 1st for several hours for maintenance.

by Anonymousreply 223May 23, 2020 4:35 AM

R222 Fuck shiny pokemon. It's still a USELESS pokemon. The only good pokemon out of those options is ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 224May 23, 2020 6:49 AM

The Seedot challenge was quite useful thanks to the 3x XP and constant appearance of Pokemon.

With a lucky egg lasting an hour I was getting around 100,000 XP an hour, until I ran out of balls.

Have a lovely new shiny Shitfry too.

by Anonymousreply 225May 24, 2020 3:23 PM

I totally forgot about Community Day today. I missed all of it, lol. Oh well... it was only Seedot.

by Anonymousreply 226May 24, 2020 7:31 PM

I caught a few shiny seedot but they all had terrible IV's.

by Anonymousreply 227May 24, 2020 8:28 PM

I caught a 3star shiny seedot so that’s good. Totally forgot to run a lucky egg though which I forget every damn time anyway.

by Anonymousreply 228May 24, 2020 8:50 PM

I also got a ton of Seedot and evolved up to a 3 star shiny Shitfry (real name Shiftry but I can't unsee Shitfry.) :-D

I'd love to get a purple Feebas - much cuter than the tan one.

by Anonymousreply 229May 24, 2020 9:28 PM

Code for 50x Pokéballs K8G9DFV4X7L3W

by Anonymousreply 230May 25, 2020 9:03 AM

Thanks r230.

by Anonymousreply 231May 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Finished the Sinnoh challenge and got a lovely shiny Cresselia

by Anonymousreply 232May 25, 2020 2:12 PM

I'm stuck on part 6 waiting around for a steel type.

by Anonymousreply 233May 25, 2020 3:41 PM

[quote]I'm stuck on part 6 waiting around for a steel type.

Have you tried getting a Bedlum or Metagross as a reward for 3 battle wins?

by Anonymousreply 234May 25, 2020 3:54 PM

Thanks R234. I did the battles and got a Metagross. The damn thing took about 50 balls to catch it though.

by Anonymousreply 235May 26, 2020 2:38 AM

This 15 raid stage on the throwback champion challenge is fucking tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 236June 10, 2020 8:02 PM

Yeah I still haven’t done a single one. The rewards aren’t great either.

by Anonymousreply 237June 10, 2020 8:12 PM

Weedle won the community day poll and thus will be the Pokemon featured.

by Anonymousreply 238June 11, 2020 12:35 AM

As somwonw who doesn't do a lot of raids, the 15x raids was an eye-opener. I didn't realize doing raids was a way to run-up the XP. Though, I'm hating the 15x PVP part, because I'm just not into the game enough to learn strategies, so I find myself feeling like an idiot when I'm fighting a skarmory with a metagross and realize I'm the one who doesn't know what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 239June 11, 2020 12:38 AM

Tramplegoo, the 1 and 2 star raids shouldn't be too hard if you have some decent Pokemon that are powered up to the max. You should be fine. as the effective Pokemon will be pre-selected ahead of gym matches, e.g. your fire and ice ones will be there to take on an Exeggutor and ground Pokemon will be lined up if you get an electric one. The game automatically selects my Togekiss every time I battle a Timburr, even though it's not my most powerful one by any means.

by Anonymousreply 240June 11, 2020 6:52 AM

Give me Jane's Journey any day

by Anonymousreply 241June 11, 2020 7:57 AM

Galerian Farfetch'd is now spawning in the wild.

by Anonymousreply 242June 17, 2020 4:58 PM

I made some good progress today with my raiding. There is a church in my neighborhood that is a gym and when I pulled over, there was a raid going on with 14 people playing. When it was done, everyone in the parking lot drove off to the park a few blocks away for 2 more raids! Hope I can meet up with them again tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 243June 17, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote]I made some good progress today with my raiding. There is a church in my neighborhood that is a gym and when I pulled over, there was a raid going on with 14 people playing. When it was done, everyone in the parking lot drove off to the park a few blocks away for 2 more raids! Hope I can meet up with them again tomorrow.

Did you (intake of breath) actually SPEAK to any of these people?

I finished the Throwback challenge and got my Genesect - the final hurdle is to catch a dragon type Pokemon. Look out for the Alolan form Exeggutors in raids to do this. I had no idea it was a dragon type!

by Anonymousreply 244June 18, 2020 7:09 AM

Your chance at Capturing Galerian Farfetch'd ends at 6 a.m. on June 18th.

by Anonymousreply 245June 18, 2020 8:36 AM

When they launch the feature of being able to invite friends to raids remotely, we should organise a big DL raid.

by Anonymousreply 246June 18, 2020 10:28 AM

Excellent idea, R246. We'll have to do some planning.

by Anonymousreply 247June 19, 2020 12:13 AM

No r244 it was pouring and we were all in our cars. It was funny because when I turned the corner I thought "what the hell are so many cars doing in the church lot?" Then it was like a convoy heading to the next location.

I left work late so if they were out again today I missed them.

I'm in for a remote raid!

by Anonymousreply 248June 19, 2020 1:59 AM

#metoo

Did anyone bother with Weedle? I didn't bother.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2020 8:05 PM

they need to make a pokemon that is a contact tracer.

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2020 8:06 PM

Apparently Beedrill with the CD move Drill Run is good for PvP battling so I made sure I got a good one.

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2020 8:40 PM

R249 - I felt the same way. Took a day off today.

by Anonymousreply 252June 21, 2020 5:22 AM

Pokemon Go is rumored to be testing a possible new feature with some players to decide if they possibly want to eventually roll it out for everyone or not.

by Anonymousreply 253June 21, 2020 10:14 AM

R253 - I found that interesting that they would do that.

by Anonymousreply 254June 22, 2020 1:39 AM

I caught a perfect 100% Pokemon today.

by Anonymousreply 255June 29, 2020 10:38 PM

How cute is flying Pikachu! I feel like it’s going to be impossible for me to perform an excellent throw in the next 5 days as part of the timed research though.

by Anonymousreply 256July 2, 2020 9:45 PM

R256--Don't think about it. It will just happen.

(I'm reminded of a time when the task was to throw three great curveballs in a row.)

by Anonymousreply 257July 2, 2020 11:59 PM

Does anyone feel any sense of competition in this game? Even when doing PVP, I get a feeling of rooting for the other person--either they don't quite know what they're doing and I'm hoping they'll learn or their gameplay is impressive. I hate the team rocket people, but, it's not like they're actually people. People I've met IRL all seem really decent.

It's kind of like the opposite of reality.

by Anonymousreply 258July 3, 2020 12:04 AM

[quote]I feel like it’s going to be impossible for me to perform an excellent throw in the next 5 days as part of the timed research though.

Look for a Ponyta, Sudowodo or Onix or any of the big Pokémon that have a big circle when you go to throw, and only use red balls to catch them so you have more chances.

Onix is available through research challenges - trade a Pokemon or make 3 great throws in a row

by Anonymousreply 259July 3, 2020 7:16 AM

I managed to do it with an Onyx. Luckily they’ve increased spawn. So completing one excellent throw wasn’t so bad. But the next challenge is to do 50x excellent throws. The rewards are so pathetic it’s not worth doing.

by Anonymousreply 260July 3, 2020 10:50 AM

I'm up to 7 excellent throws out of 50, thanks to a few Skarmorys and a very lazy stubborn pidgey I got lucky with.

10 rare candies would be a modest reward for that, not 5 fucking pokeballs.

by Anonymousreply 261July 3, 2020 6:34 PM

I caught a flying Pikachu although it had terrible IVs.

by Anonymousreply 262July 4, 2020 6:16 AM

The prospect of a Ghastly community day is just ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 263July 4, 2020 9:48 AM

I’m up to 16 excellent throws! There were plenty of Mr Mimes around yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2020 9:22 AM

I'm half way towards having enough candy to evolve a Ducklett into a Swanna.

by Anonymousreply 265July 5, 2020 11:52 PM

I have created a discord Pokémon Go chat room if any one is interested in joining. You need to download the discord app from the App Store. It’s still anonymous. But offers a bit more in terms of chat like uploading pics etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 6, 2020 1:58 AM

Remote raid invites is now live. It would be cool for regional exclusive raids.

by Anonymousreply 267July 15, 2020 10:23 PM

Bit the bullet and paid for Go Fest. Definitely worth it

by Anonymousreply 268July 25, 2020 3:56 AM

That's good to know, Paul. I wasn't sure I was up for it, but I'll check it out tomorrow. (Been taking a break.)

by Anonymousreply 269July 26, 2020 3:20 AM

It’s definitely exhausting playing so much. Although there’s still a lot to enjoy for non ticket holders.

by Anonymousreply 270July 26, 2020 8:59 AM

I'm burnt out. Taking a break. Something that drives me crazy is maxing out the items you can carry. So I have to throw a lot of stuff out if I just want to interact with friends. In the past, I would always just trash pokeballs, but now I'm down to just a few. I'll be back, but not for a while.

by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2020 12:15 AM

Who are you R271

by Anonymousreply 272August 17, 2020 12:25 AM

Tramplegoo! I'll be trying to get back into it this week. Needed a break.

by Anonymousreply 273August 18, 2020 4:23 AM

Understandable. It’s exhausting af but the FOMO is strong which is obviously deliberate to keep you in game.

by Anonymousreply 274August 18, 2020 9:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!