Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jayne Mansfield

Is she the lost Bouvier cousin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Those tits were S-T-A-U-N-C-H!

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2019 3:57 AM

She seems nice, but what exactly is that thing on her head?

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2019 4:00 AM

Quite a wig! Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2019 4:01 AM

She was never pretty. I never got the appeal.

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2019 4:02 AM

[quote] Quite a wig! Yikes.

It was considered especially heinous.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2019 4:03 AM

LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL WIGS UNIT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2019 4:07 AM

Will this thread summon forth the Janeane Garofalo Wig Troll?

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2019 4:09 AM

That high hair says she’s very closer to God.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Before trannies or drag queens with their exagerated ideas of feminine beauty, there was Jayne Mansfield.

Unlike Marilyn Monroe and some other 1950's blonde "dumb" blondes, JM didn't just play "oh why I am I cursed with this beauty and great body". Not a bit she took that era's fascination with T&A and went with it for all things were worth.

JM wasn't a "joke" as some called MM; but she was in on the whole thing; which is why so many loved and still do love her.

JM actually was a very intelligent woman, high IQ and so forth. But she realized early on in 1950's America her best bet was to use what she had to get what she wanted. If Americans wanted a stacked blonde she doubled down on that bet, exaggerating things with padding and movements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2019 4:15 AM

[quote]LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL WIGS UNIT

Ripped from the head....um...

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2019 4:19 AM

[quote]r9 she took that era's fascination with T&A and went with it for all things were worth.

And she barely made a decent film - -

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2019 4:25 AM

She does look like Jackie.

This clip made me like her.

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2019 4:35 AM

That cheap and obvious wig made me like her more.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2019 4:42 AM

Ah, she's so sweet. It's hard to believe that she is Angie Harmon's mom. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2019 4:48 AM

R7 Janeane Garofalo Wig Troll here. You rang?

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2019 4:50 AM

That wig makes me cream so bad.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2019 4:53 AM

Her wig is from the Toulouse Lautrec Collection, by Eva Gabor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2019 5:05 AM

Oh, wait—was she a great big, full-figured person?

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Ample.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Is that the wig she was wearing in the crash?

If the other driver spotted it, the whole thing might have been intentional.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2019 5:35 AM

Fun fact: Kiss Them for Me by Siouxsie & The Banshees was inspired by Jayne Mansfield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2019 5:38 AM

She’s fine, and sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2019 5:48 AM

She definitively had a little extra meat on her bones.

by Anonymousreply 23November 16, 2019 6:18 AM

I always thought she had the best female body out there.

by Anonymousreply 24November 16, 2019 6:39 AM

Jayne was and will forever be a local Pennsylvania girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 16, 2019 7:16 AM

She was an avid animal lover and never went anywhere without that little dog nestled on her head.

Personally - I'd rather look at Mickey's muscle tits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 16, 2019 8:44 AM

Anyone who's portrayed by Loni Anderson in a movie, well - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 16, 2019 3:13 PM

This is making me miss my dearly departed shih tzu, Anabelle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 16, 2019 3:58 PM

The incessantly oinking Mansfield was probably the most utterly pathetic "star" in Hollywood history...the original Anna Nicole Smith.

In GIRLS ON FILM, historian Julie Burchill stated, "The girl couldn't help it...but she had to go."

by Anonymousreply 29November 16, 2019 4:11 PM

If that video was from 1967, she died shortly thereafter. (6/29/67.)

by Anonymousreply 30November 16, 2019 5:11 PM

Things were working out very well for her when she was married to Mickey Hargitay, who really loved her and was quite a dish himself.

But at a certain point, for reasons that have never been explained, she developed an interest in some other guy who took her away from what she had with Hargitay and apparently had a bad influence on her career. With so many children to support, she took any gig she could, even very minor things on the road, and it was while traveling from one date to another that she was in the car accident that killed her.

A very sad story.

by Anonymousreply 31November 16, 2019 5:45 PM

she was an interesting mix...........she was mensa high IQ.......ambitious........., not the greatest actress...........she was always falliing in love with some guy and it never lasted. SHe was in love with love.............she couldnt have sex unless she was drunk. JFK had a fling with her and it was several years earlier in the early 60 s and he said she had the best body he ever had,.........and THAT is saying something as JFK fucked EVERYBODY

Jayne had a good sense of humor, and a good sense of humor about herself. The difference between mansfield and Monroe is all in the face. Jayne was not classically beautiful in the face, Marilyn was.

She once commented on why she became an actress.she said it was because she liked the minks and Jaguars ...probably the truest think any actress ever said. She went on to say that during the 50 s what was the career alternative.........being a nurse?

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2019 12:09 AM

But did she have to become a whore, instead?

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2019 5:32 PM

Her hair in the 50s was so smooth and beautifully framed her face. The 60s wigs and falls were just awful. Mamie did the same thing in the 60s. I wonder if Marilyn would have been sporting the same look in that decade.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2019 5:43 PM

Someone with her dark coloring and heavy eyebrows is going to look terrible as a platinum blonde.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2019 6:07 PM

Was she Hispanic? She has that plump “chichi” face.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2019 8:08 PM

[quote]r32 She went on to say that during the 50 s what was the career alternative.........being a nurse?

I thought she had this supposed genius IQ (??)

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2019 3:07 AM

R32

It wouldn't have mattered how brilliant JM or any other woman was back then, this was a good almost two decades before Title IX and other anti-discriminatory legislation. There were entire professions or careers that simply didn't hire women much if at all, and even if they did females were paid less for doing exact same work.

Speaking of nurses many girls ended up in that profession pre Title IX days because of being routinely shunted into secretarial courses in high school, and or otherwise deprived of getting the basic science classes need in order to do pre-med in college. Even if they did get the courses in HS spots for women in medical schools back then were few and hard to get into. Medicine far as USA was concerned was a man's job. Girls were told to become nurses...

In terms of Hollywood IIRC Ida Lupino was the only woman in 1950's or before who also was a producer and director. It was otherwise very much a man's world.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2019 8:20 AM

Good documentary on her last years. Was she cursed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Her wigs certainly were!

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2019 1:20 PM

Is the documentary out now?

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2019 3:20 PM

'The Hangover' is an episode of the The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Absolutely worth watching, especially for anyone who thinks Jayne couldn't act or that her looks were overemphasized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2019 3:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!