Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be real, 2016 is happening again

Here's why I think that is.

1) Voter suppression is going to be as bad, or worse, as it was in 2016. Republicans and Russians alike are taking every measure they can to ensure black voters stay home.

2) Bigots everywhere are going to be EXTRA energized, as Trump has delivered on the front of attacking minorities. He was successful in many areas, such as curbing black and brown immigrants and at setting back the rights of minorities. The bigots are more energized than they've been in a while.

3) People will stay home or vote third party if Bernie or Warren aren't the nom. Which they won't be. It will be Biden, the most like Hillary. Dems have learned nothing and are repeating the same errors. People are desperate and they aren't going to respond well to the same ol same ol' like Biden or Buttigieg.

4) The white people who voted for Trump, and yet were screwed over by him STILL worship him. Look at the farmers. Ties into #2 on my list.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 5:24 PM

The last two elections show that anti-Trump voters are also turning out.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 4:59 PM

Yeah, the Democrats aren't really putting up anyone who can excite the electorate like Obama did. But as R1 points out, the anti-Trump vote could carry the next election despite the lack of enthusiasm from Democratic voters about their candidate, whoever it ends up being. I think the younger voters need to come out in droves.

I'd say it could happen again, not that it will. I certainly hope it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 5:19 PM

[quote]Yeah, the Democrats aren't really putting up anyone who can excite the electorate

Not just that, they're letting the repubs drive the narrative. Again.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 5:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!