Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Advice needed on filling scratches on wood

When my dog was young, he chewed on a scratches on my wood banister posts.

I've colored them in to match the wood around it bur the color isn't exact and the marker coloring rubs off in time.

Any advice how to fill in scratches and bite marks in wood?

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 5:28 PM

Mix sawdust with neutral colored wood putty and fill in the scratches and then sand the whole thing down. If the wood is a specific color, test some stains on the sawdust putty mixture and pick the one that is closest before applying it to the scratches.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 3:51 PM

Break a pecan or walnut in half and rub over the scratch several times. Then, rub with your finger till the area is warm, to help the wood absorb the oil from the nut.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 3:53 PM

take me to a nut

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 3:56 PM

Buy wood filler.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 4:00 PM

You sand down the wood till the scratches are gone

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 4:54 PM

[quote]and the marker coloring rubs off in time.

As noted, use some sort of wood filler - depending on how deep. Sand and refinish.

Using a Sharpee probably won't have the intended results.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 4:59 PM

Lesbians are laughing at OP.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 5:03 PM

[R7] states oxymoron number one.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 5:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!