Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Predictions on impeachment?

Hair Furor may not be removed, or resign, but he will suffer irreparable harm. Maybe he’ll just (hopefully) croak!

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2019 2:31 AM

He won't be removed, Sociopaths are like teflon, nothing sticks just slides off.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 3:19 PM

If he stays, he will become worse.

Remember that his attempt to solicit collusion with Ukraine occurred days after the Mueller report on Russian collusion proved ineffective in his immediate removal.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 3:25 PM

I was a college student when Nixon resigned.

I remember the Senate hearings were "must see TV" during the summer before Nixon boarded Marine I for the last time.

I hope Trump is given a strong talking to by his party's elders that he is causing them great damage by staying on, like they did to Tricky Dick.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 3:27 PM

Let’s hope the senate votes for a secret ballot.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 3:48 PM

Nothing will happen. This will embolden him more

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 4:04 PM

I think it all depends how low his numbers go. The recent elections were pretty devastating to repubs and they have to see the handwriting on the wall for 2020. My hunch tho is they wont have the balls and trump stays till 2020 and loses in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 5:36 PM

From your lips to God’s ears, R6!

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Rudy and Mulvaney will take the fall as "rogue agents".

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 5:48 PM

I think nothing will happen.

The rethugs will get in line and will not convict. None of the witnesses will present their testimony in an impassioned way that will move/sway the electorate. And most voters can't follow the facts.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Nothing will happen. Ughh.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 7:29 PM

There will be no conviction. I see Republican Senators going after Biden and son.

I also see a Democratic Senate. A Democratic House, and a Democratic President. I see red states flipped.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 7:42 PM

Maybe a deal can be worked out with Trump that he and/or family won't go to prison for crimes after he leaves if he resigns now.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 7:45 PM

I will probably get FFed by some but the Predictions thread has been eerily accurate for months so much so that I swear by it. According to them it’s going to be a slow but steady fall to the abyss for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 7:48 PM

Trump will emerge from this completely unscathed (just like every other scandal in his life), then go on to defeat the Democratic challenger in 2020.

He will then go on a rampage against his political enemies that would make Stalin and Hitler green with envy.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 7:49 PM

People will be incensed if he is not removed. The Dems need to hammer this in-- The GOP are criminals, normal people like you and me can't get away with a crime but Trump and his GOP can. The GOP will be voted out of office if there is no justice.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 8:00 PM

Trump abused power. Everyone, (Dems, Reps, Independents) believes this. Some think it's ok, it's just Trump. Some think it's not ok. The impeachment, and subsequent exoneration in the Senate trial, will marginally move public opinion against Trump. But not by much. Trump will lose 2020 popular vote by 5 million votes or more. But it will still come down to PA, MI, WI, VA, AZ, NV.... there is possibility that Trump will only win 44% of the vote and still get re-elected.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 8:05 PM

Despite how it was all 'saved from disaster' at the last minute, Trump is guilty of bribery, extortion, abuse of power and it seems now obstruction. Like a pundit said earlier: the attempt alone was the crime.

He's been impeached in my brain. And his presidency is forever tainted, a massive FAIL.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 10:45 PM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? What's your problem? I mean really, what's your damn problem?

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 11:17 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 11:17 PM

Hey, it's R18 from the First Ladies museums thread. Fuck off and die in a grease fire, troll.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2019 2:20 AM

[R12], that's exactly what Trump did with the president of Bolivia...

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2019 2:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!