Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

11 Year Old Queen Is A Self-Taught Hairstylist

Would you let a baby queen cover your greys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2019 12:41 PM

Like the parents weren't responsible for this shit

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 10:14 AM

Kid's have talents and interests at a young age. What's so difficult to understand about that? Having supportive parents is a great thing. Good for this kid!

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 10:17 AM

Kid’s? Really? Whyyyyyyyyyy?

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 10:21 AM

That kid is so adorable and humble. Watch out for him in the future. It's great to see someone so young being so passionate about something. Good for him. Albeit his parents have indulged him. Is mum a hairdresser?

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 10:45 AM

How soon before Momchausen has them on estrogen?

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 10:50 AM

Bless his little heart! He has the balls to be his authentic self (< sorry, it just seems the best description) and a Mom who lets him fly.

I was just remembering the other day one of the worse beatings my step-father ever gave me was when he caught me in full makeup. I was 8 years old. Eyeshadow, mascara, rouge and lipstick. I had locked myself in the bathroom and he pounded on the door, practically tearing it off -- "What are you doing in there? Open this door immediately!"

I still don't know how he knew I was up to something. It's not like I made an announcement before I went in there.

Forgive the self-absorbed tangent. No Vince was I.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 10:54 AM

Delighted for this kid. You seem so happy and confident and pleasant for his age and it speaks volumes about the support he has received from his parents. I hope he has every successful in life

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 10:56 AM

r6 hugs for your young self

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 10:57 AM

He's a wonderful little guy.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 11:02 AM

He's not pretentious or overconfident or cocky, he just looks like he genuinely loves hairdressing, Must have great parents. They should be proud. He'll probably be the next Vidal Sassoon

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Where was the father when this poor child’s mother was smothering him?

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 11:09 AM

r11 telling the guys at work he has no idea who the kid is

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 11:11 AM

For christ's sake, somebody feed him a cheeseburger.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 11:15 AM

This kid is more successful at 12 than I am at 46.

Now I'm depressed.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 1:19 PM

Good for him. Only the best wishes.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 1:43 PM

I'd rather him do my hair than one of these diseased skanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 1:50 PM

So thats how Jose Ferrer started...

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 2:51 PM

As long as they don't trans him.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 2:52 PM

Or turns into Danny DeVito

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 2:54 PM

It’s that rainbow bracelet.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2019 3:17 PM

This kid knows that nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2019 3:20 PM

Don't see the problem here. At least he's not a 'drag queen', dancing in bars or at parades for dollar bills.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2019 3:21 PM

Actually the kid is darling. Kind of brought tears to my eyes. Wish I had that much support and courage at his age.

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2019 3:22 PM

Hopefully he keeps his current personality and doesn't turn into a stereotype.

I'm looking at you James Charles.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2019 6:58 PM

Praying he stays away from the make-up and the skirts, the non-* and the "queer" crap.

* - conforming, binary, etc...

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2019 8:03 PM

[QUOTE] Hopefully he keeps his current personality and doesn't turn into a stereotype.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2019 8:16 PM

if Tabitha approves I don't dare not do the same

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2019 8:28 PM

Should children work? What I mean is, there are plenty of children who would do well to have half the class time devoted to learning a trade. I wish I'd learned how to cook, how to weld, how to sew, how to fix a car--all things I eventually learned but always expressed interest in. Anyway, kids can't work except they do (as actors) so I wonder if these precocious kids we read about aren't part of a general movement back to apprenticeships. Plus academics.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2019 8:33 PM

R28 a lot of the employment problems we see in Canada are a direct result of the government doing away with trade schools.

They were seen as belittling to students so they were changed to regular schools or closed altogether.

Oddly enough, people who went to trades schools, like my cousin, are doing very well today precisely because they learned a trade.

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2019 8:40 PM

That's what I was thinking. I grew up working class, first generation. I happened to love learning (if not school) but it is so unfair that half my classmates dropped out of the Brooklyn public school system by high school, usually because they had to learn a trade, on their own time/dime. They just missed trades in the school, which had been yanked about 5 years earlier I think. Not fair. I knew so many people, mostly guys, who were amazingly intuitive and inquisitive but they hated reading and so they dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2019 8:43 PM

In Canada the govt decided to change the direction of education towards books and computers because that was the new wave of employment. Great. Problem is today there aren't enough trades people doing any actual work like plumbing, electrical, cement and asphalt, framing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2019 8:47 PM

Does he do men's hair?

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2019 8:49 PM

wasn't Rachel Ray skinny just a few years ago?! She is now HUGE (yikes!)

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2019 4:41 AM

What country is she queen of?

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2019 5:51 AM

r34 michigan

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2019 6:27 AM

R35 Upper or Lower?

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2019 12:35 PM

I'm gonna report him for practicing cosmetology without a license. Lifes a bitch, kid.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2019 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!