Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Luscious Jackson

Did their obviously trans member ever come out as trans?

I mean, it's obvious.

I was a naive kid, but even I thought she look-a like a man when this video was constantly in MTV's Buzz Bin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 9:02 PM

Obvious troll is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 6:48 AM

Did any of them wear wigs?

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 6:50 AM

At 2:56 in the video above, you'll see a wig — and mustache stubble — on the left.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 6:53 AM

R3 What's wrong with you? Kate Schellenbach is all woman, a lesbian, and the former drummer for the Beastie Boys, Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 6:54 AM

I think it's time for a journalist to revisit this in the new trans-friendly environment.

No stigma! But she looks very bio male.

It also seemed weird to me that the very dickcentric Beastie Boys — I mean, boys are right there in the name — originally had a woman drummer, and that they dumped her quickly.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 7:01 AM

The person in the center is not a biological female. I mean, come on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 7:07 AM

Good lord, have we come to this DL?

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 11:25 AM

R7 Unfortunately yes.

by Anonymousreply 8November 14, 2019 2:01 AM

Been going on a bit of a '90s music binge lately and have rediscovered this group. Well, I never really knew much of them back in the day to be honest, apart from Citysong, Naked Eye and Ladyfingers. Ladyfingers is the perfect encapsulation of what was going on in alternative music towards the end of the 90s. All your favourite bands moving away from their original, rawer sounds to attempting to bring more poppy elements into their music.

I'm listening to their Greatest Hits album at the moment. It's... ok. Don't get me wrong, I like this band, I feel warmly towards them. But Naked Eye is an amazing song, and everything else is just good. I'm enjoying Deep Shag, Here and Citysong, but nothing really reaches Naked Eye levels for me.

by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2020 11:37 PM

As a kid, I always thought that girl was singing: "I got laid, it figures, baby."

by Anonymousreply 10January 29, 2020 7:19 PM

I wonder, did Luscious Jackson ever appear on a Gap Playlist?

by Anonymousreply 11January 30, 2020 8:49 PM

R11 It's possible. They appeared in a GAP commercial.

by Anonymousreply 12January 30, 2020 8:53 PM

Oh that's hilarious. I was joking because of other threads I'd seen on here, but you are right, they were. More than once it seems! Haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 30, 2020 9:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!