Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nearly 1 in 5 hate crimes motivated by anti-LGBTQ bias, FBI finds

Of the 7,120 hate crime incidents reported in 2018, more than 1,300 — or nearly 19 percent — stemmed from anti-LGBTQ bias, according to the FBI’s latest Hate Crime Statistics report.

According to the FBI data, of the nearly 1,200 incidents targeting people due to their sexual orientation, the majority targeted gay men (roughly 60 percent), while approximately 12 percent targeted lesbians, 1.5 percent targeted bisexuals, 1.4 percent targeted heterosexuals and the remaining incidents targeted a mixed group of LGBTQ people. Transgender and gender-nonconforming people were the targets in 168 reported incidents, approximately 2.4 percent of all reported hate crime incidents last year.

rest at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 2:56 PM

There have already been several threads on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 3:18 AM

How much of that has to do with tranny sex workers?

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 3:19 AM

That's gotta be a lot of crimes compared to how much of the population we are, right?

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 3:20 AM

r2 uses a thread about hate crimes to attack "trannies"

Sad

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 3:20 AM

"That's gotta be a lot of crimes compared to how much of the population we are, right?"

Yes

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 3:20 AM

Carry a small weapon to defense yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 3:23 AM

It's actually more than that. The majority of gay bias hate crimes are not classified as such.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 3:24 AM

I believe the crimes are committed by homophobic men who cannot deal with their own sexuality; therefore, they hate on men who are comfortable with their sexuality (being gay).

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 3:28 AM

Women are also Bashing gay men

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 3:33 AM

Like 90% of violent crime is caused by men.....but leave it to r9 to find a way to bash women

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 3:41 AM

Is 1,200 (reported, I know many or even most are never reported or misreported) among a US population of around 325 million, taking the size of the gay community into account, really very bad? I suck at math but I would have guessed much higher if asked, in fact, it seems very low.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 3:46 AM

r10 -- women *do* bash gay men...

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 3:47 AM

This is a great mark up because with a 300 mil population, you can begin to imagine how much homophobia is spread out throughout the country. Hate crimes committed against others because of sexual orientation/perceived sexual orientation is probably in the millions. Yikes.

Whites and Blacks commit almost the same amount of hate crimes against gay men. This is a good indicator of where most of the hate crimes committed against gay men are happening. The South/ South Eastern part of the country where the African American population is the largest.

I always new the The East was a shitty place for gay men. Retreat gays. Head West !!!!

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 4:04 AM

R13 Is a fucking racist.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 4:18 AM

No, you bitch! If most of the hate crimes are taking place in one part of the country, and in that part of the country whites and blacks are committing almost an equal number of hate crimes against gay men. It should tell you that wherever this place is, there must be a sizable population of African-American males where the amount of hate crimes within those two groups could ever be equal in numbers. The only place in America where that scenario could ever be probable is the South Eastern United States where the African-American population is the biggest.

You are not going to tell me that black people in California or Nevada are terrorizing the gay men in America. It's the South Rose, where white and black people hate you the same.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 4:38 AM

But Pete Buttigieg is just so privileged; that's why he's doing well. You can't be more privileged than a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 4:44 AM

ggggg

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 2:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!