Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brad Pitt and Adam Sandler sir for a conversation- Actors on Actors

This is a very interesting combo! I find it interesting that Pitt hates his character in Interview With a Vampire.

Adam Sandler says a Professor at NYU told him to quit acting while he was attending. Good thing he didn’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2019 5:12 AM

Sit*

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2019 1:47 AM

“Good thing he didn’t.”

HA!

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2019 1:48 AM

Adam Sandler looks...different, not just old but looks like a different person.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2019 1:50 AM

"Good thing he didn't"? Are you a fucking idiot OP? Adam Sandler is one of the worst "actors", if you could call it that, to come out of the 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2019 2:00 AM

What a tedious interview. Neither of them had anything of value to say, and their questions to each other did not bring out anything lucid or interesting. The interview with Scarlet Johansen and Chris Evans was so much more interesting, and showed them to be more intelligent and thoughtful actors.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2019 2:24 AM

Obviously Sandler had his eyes done, and not by a very good plastic surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2019 2:47 AM

Maybe he could get Pitt to cameo in Grown Ups 3.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 7:45 AM

Pitt always has a nervous "please like me" energy that he becomes chatty. It's in all his interviews. His promo tour with DiCaprio was especially so. Definitely unusual to see in a man whose been hailed as beautiful and talented. Brad Pitt has low self esteem?

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 8:39 AM

R4 said how most people feel about revolting egghead Sandler. Has he made anything interesting or intelligent worth watching? Big no on that one. Pitt has never been too bright.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 8:43 AM

OP, where does he talk about Interview wtW? I can't bring myself to watch the entire thing.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 8:58 AM

[quote]"Good thing he didn't"? Are you a fucking idiot OP? Adam Sandler is one of the worst "actors", if you could call it that, to come out of the 20th century.

And this has affected your life, how? He is a highly successful, very well paid actor. He has fans. His movies make money and the world still turns. So yeah, good for him and his fans he didn't quit. Not OP, but makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 11:14 AM

Adam Sandler movies have made A LOT OF MONEY.

He was making $20 million per film at his peak.

Say what you will, but he is successful.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2019 2:48 PM

Movies like books are just stories, some good some bad. Some great movies are never seen and some bad seen by many. As a wise songsmith once opined Art Ain't Easy".

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2019 3:37 PM

I don't get Adam Sandler at all- not even a little bit. Not funny- not good looking, not a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2019 3:50 PM

I loved him in Big Daddy and Waterboy.

He has a lot of Oscar buzz surrounding him right now.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2019 3:59 PM

R5 I liked the Scarlett Johansson Chris Evans one too..do you think she was being flirtatious/teasing with him? Like the part when she’s asking him about asking for more takes and she’s like “why don’t you ask for more?” in a really teasing way..I found it so hot. Haha

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2019 4:08 PM

ScarJo and Evans have been fucking for years. They’ve known each other for almost 20 years now.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2019 4:11 PM

When did they meet?

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2019 4:15 PM

R8 he has spoken several times about having a “sadness”. I don’t think he has “low self esteem” seeing that he’s been with the likes of Angie and Jen and besties with George..literally one of the biggest movie stars but I think he knows there’s parts of his life, his personality and his world that are fake and he struggles to be real and still be “cool” and a “movie star”. I mean the whole Brad Pitt thing is really just an image it’s not the real guy from the Midwest and I thing he struggles between the image and the reality...it’s like he wants to be real but knows the real him is not at all interesting whereas with people like Angie, the real her is way more interesting than we'll ever know.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2019 4:15 PM

What pray tell is interesting about Angelina outside of her heroin days???

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2019 7:17 PM

Adam what have you done to your eyes. Perpetually sleepy now. I like Adam S., he's been good in a few things. He is very talented musically also.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2019 7:20 PM

Sandler's entire filmography is low-class garbage.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2019 7:49 PM

Big Daddy is great.

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2019 8:49 PM

[quote]Sandler's entire filmography is low-class garbage.

Obviously you have seen his entire filmography to judge it as low-class garbage. Why are you spending so much of your time watching low-class garbage?

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2019 10:59 PM

I hate Punch Drunk Love as a movie, but Sandler is great in it. I wish he'd do serious work now and then since he can act when he's not just playing his typical adult baby "comedic" characters. I feel much the same way about Jim Carrey. Both of them have enough money to get their own projects off the ground; it baffles me that they waste so much of their time on garbage.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2019 11:33 PM

I liked Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2019 12:10 AM

Big Daddy is still my favourite movie that he's done. It's been a downward spiral since Click but he's obviously doing fine between Netflix and the Hotel Transylvania franchise.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2019 2:51 AM

I loved Click

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2019 3:02 AM

He's fine in Spanglish and Funny People. It's when he does comedy that he becomes unbearable. In Spanglish he's even kind of desirable as a married man falling for his latina maid

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2019 3:08 AM

Spanglish is great but apparently it didn't do well at the box office? I wonder what the reception would be if it was released now??

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2019 3:41 AM

Subjunctive

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2019 3:43 AM

r24 you don't have to smell a pile of shit to know that it's a pile of shit.

I've never seen a single episodes of the Kardashians, but I know they're trashy and vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2019 3:46 AM

R30 Spanglish would be seen as romanticising the sexualising domestic workers face.

A movie where the rich white man who makes a move on the desparate migrant maid is depicted sympathetically, will not play well in the MeToo era

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2019 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!