Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cayman Islands Criminalizes Lesbians' Marriage

Anyone ever been to this shit hole?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 1:45 AM

I remember a few years back they banned gay cruises from docking there or something of that sort

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 11:00 PM

The Caymans are very conservative and religious.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 11:03 PM

R2, Conservative and religious but the country is known internationally for money laundering and as a tax haven. Guess the latter expression is far more diplomatic than the 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 11:14 PM

The Caymans, like all nations has an issue with gays. The reasons are regional, biological, complicated, varied, existential and very interesting to discuss in a serious manner but I'm not sure this is the forum. I will say that Christianity, Islam, Judaism and constant sexual assault during enslavement has negatively informed the collective Caribbean sentiment on sexuality in general and in particular homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 11:23 PM

It's a nice place to visit.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 11:24 PM

Lesbian? I've never known any personally, but isn't Mr. Danny Thomas one?

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 11:55 PM

Lesbian... Lesbian? Lesbian! But isn't that when one woman and another...

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 11:56 PM

I don't think there is an island culture. Isn't it like a disneyland Caribbean creation for rich Republican midwesterners? My middle-aged mother and stepfather went there on their honeymoon in the 1980s, and that says it all.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 12:02 AM

Rule of thumb: gays should steer clear of British- colonized Caribbean islands, including world famous paradises like the Bahamas, Bermuda, and ESPECIALLY Jamaica.

Wanna be gay in the Caribbean? Go to Puerto Rico, St. Marteen/St. Martin, and now Cuba and the Dominican Republic:

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 1:25 AM

What is this strange term "criminalise"?

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2019 1:32 AM

I was there last year. It's nothing special as far as Caribbean islands go. It was clean and most houses and roads were well-maintained, which I guess makes it prosperous in comparison to many. Boring unless you like shopping for trinkets or laying on a beach.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2019 1:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!