Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Isn’t Heated Chocolate Milk the Same as Hot Chocolate?

I had some regular chocolate milk In the fridge, so thought I could just warm It up like traditional hot chocolate.

NOT the same.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 11:14 AM

And why isn’t a cheeseburger the same as a pork chop?

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 10:50 PM

Standard chocolate milk is made with chocolate syrup or a derivative, it has fillers like carrageenan (sic) or other additives to make it taste better and go down easier.

Hot cocoa is made from cocoa powder and has a totally different texture to it. Many hot cocoa drinks or hot chocolates contain very little milk or dairy in them.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 10:52 PM

the one looks like hot diarrhea

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 10:58 PM

Ingredients in chocolate milk: Partly skimmed milk, sugar or glucose fructose, cocoa, colour, salt, carrageenan, artificial flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3. Carrageenan is used as a thickening agent, and is found in all chocolate milk.

IMHO chocolate milk doesn't take very much like chocolate but neither does bad quality cocoa.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 10:59 PM

[quote]Many hot cocoa drinks or hot chocolates contain very little milk or dairy in them.

It can be quite a surprise to see just how little milk there is. A serving of chocolate milk provides 28% of the daily calcium requirement. In contrast, a serving of Carnation hot chocolate provides just 2%. So, maybe a tablespoon of milk?

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 11:36 PM

Damn it OP, now I want some hot cocoa.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 11:52 PM

Sometimes I make cocoa in the summer and serve it on ice. There I said it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 12:13 AM

The Family Guy has the answer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 3:37 AM

Then why does this hot cocoa mix instruct to mix with hot MILK?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2019 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!