Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Female passenger disgusted by stranger's rude act on plane: 'Going to be a long flight'

A female plane passenger took to Reddit this week to share a horrifying photo of a stranger performing a rude act during her flight.

The woman, who goes by WoodySoprano on the social media platform, posted an image of a traveler resting their bare feet on her headrest. Though the Reddit user's face is cropped, her terrified eyes tell all.

"Going to be a long flight," she captioned the photo.

The woman's post immediately went viral, generating nearly a thousand comments by Tuesday afternoon. Some argued that the female passenger should have confronted the offender.

"I don't get it at all. I would get up the moment I felt someone put their feet there and said something," one person wrote. "You should never suffer in silence, never. Even as a passenger, if I had seen this, I would laugh and look at the person in the unfortunate seat and say 'I'm glad the person behind me has manners and isn't a complete idiot.' because I do realize some people are afraid of confrontations."

Others suggested that the woman should have alerted a crew member.

"Talk to a flight attendant," one person posted. "If the plane is still at the gate then kick him/her off..disorderly conduct in a tube that is 30,000+ ft above ground is stupid... if it got worse.. the other passengers can tape him/her to the seat for the rest of the flight."

Some Reddit users shared similar experiences. One purportedly was traveling within Asia when a passenger invaded their space.

"The guy behind me took off his shoes and shoved his feet between the seats, pushing my elbow forward with his nasty unwashed feet," the user wrote. "I asked him to put his feet down, he refused. He was asked in two other languages to put his feet down, which he did for about a minute and then put them back up again."

The user said they were so fed up that they took matters into their own hands.

"This was a short flight, but since it was international there was meal service which started as soon as we hit cruising altitude," the user continued. "I kept the fork and repeatedly stabbed him in the bottom of his foot every time he tried to put his foot up."

Airplane behavior has been the subject of hot discussion over the years. Earlier this year, a passenger who flew on a Spirit Airlines flight to Minneapolis airport was caught smoking midflight. The man was purportedly removed from the plane as soon as it landed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 9:42 PM

People have become fucking PIGS.

The flight attendants should be the ones to make them put their feet down.

If passengers don't know how to act, then they should be shamed for it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 9:04 PM

I would've licked those FEET!

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 9:10 PM

r2 Your post gave me full-body shivers. Eek!

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 9:11 PM

I'll be sure to bring a knife or a hammer with me on my next flight, so I can either stab that person in their foot, or hammer their foot, so they can never walk again.

There. Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 9:13 PM

That would have lasted about 5 seconds with me then a scene would have ensued.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 9:16 PM

You don’t fly much, do you, r4?

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 9:19 PM

Cattle prod.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 9:20 PM

I didn't say it would work, R6.

It's just what I WISH I could do.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 9:24 PM

People are crass.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 9:35 PM

She should have alerted the flight attendant, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 9:38 PM

Reddit threads are "news" now. Stop the world, I want to get off.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 9:41 PM

Bad behavior on airlines ALWAYS makes the news nowdays, R11.

Especially since it's happening more and more.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!