Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dolly Parton does charity work and gives Kathleen Turner a job

Kathleen Turner completes her transformation into this generation's Shelley Winters by starring in Dolly Parton's Heartstrings movie series for Netflix.

Appropriately, her movie is called "These Old Bones." She looks like Jabba the Hut dressed up as Laura Ingalls. At least she's working.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 5:51 PM

Is Kathleen Turner a dog trainer now, or was that a fevered DL dream?

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 9:45 PM

Missed the ABC special on Monday. She has always worn long sleeves to hide tattoos. What did she say about them?

by Anonymousreply 2November 14, 2019 11:20 PM

Gee, I like some of those songs but the clips look like trailers for the worst Hallmark movies ever made. We need to see Kathleen in a sequel to Serial Grandmother, not this pablum.

by Anonymousreply 3November 14, 2019 11:31 PM

Dolly please stick to singing.

by Anonymousreply 4November 14, 2019 11:43 PM

R1 you're thinking of Marley & Me.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2019 8:51 AM

R2, She recently admitted to the tattoos, for the first time, I think. But I think it was Jennifer Saunders who said that she was out to dinner with her, and she revealed she was covered with tattoos of butterflies and flowers and angels and stuff. Every now and then, a tattoo gets photographed, but apparently, she has a lot of them covering up various surgery scars.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2019 9:12 AM

[quote]Appropriately, her movie is called "These Old Bones." She looks like Jabba the Hut dressed up as Laura Ingalls. At least she's working.

Why are you making fun of someone's look who suffers from a disease, especially one where the meds make you gain weight? Do you not think she would love to be a size six and out of pain?

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2019 9:30 AM

Preach R7. Her performance in this is fabulous

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2019 6:01 PM

She's also in the Kominsky Method this season OP. You forgot to mock her looks in that.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2019 6:08 PM

Wow Kathleen Turner does not look good.

That kind of weight gain looks like someone opened her up and filled her with some kind of goo.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2019 6:10 PM

Is this Delta Burke’s first job in a decade?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2019 6:19 PM

Seven years according to IMDb, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2019 6:20 PM

Kyle Bornheimer looks good

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2019 6:31 PM

Surprised no one mentioned Delta until R11.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2019 7:03 PM

Kathleen Turner was a star and is a legend. Few ever looked as sexy as she did. And then she grew into becoming a real broad. They don't make them like that anymore. She's our generation's Bea Arthur. BYE!

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2019 9:43 PM

She takes a heavy amount of steroids for rheumatoid arthritis.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2019 9:45 PM

Dolly is the new Betty White. She is beloved universally. She is like connective tissue for the human race. People who don’t like country love her. People who hate southerners love her. People who hate vanity love her. People who oppose plastic surgery love her.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2019 9:55 PM

Dolly does not do well with those who feel she should come out. I do think she is family but understand why she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2019 11:19 AM

I liked Kathleen's turner episode. It was fun and they let all us enjoy the corny camp of it all.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2019 5:09 PM

After seeing a good majority of her movies during and after her heyday and live on Broadway in "The Graduate" and "Virginia Woolf", I am glad to see her working. I've been watching her on re-runs of "The Doctors", and while her characterization isn't always well written, you can see she has star written all over her. Ironically, her replacement (Kim Zimmer), one of the top daytime diva's of all time, has also become a good ole' broad as they say. They are like Joan Blondell and Ann Sothern, two blowsy young broads who morphed into fabulous character actors from leading ladies in the 1930's and 40's, and stole every scene that they were in.

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2019 5:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!