Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which one of you tastefully pretentious bitches of a certain age put their weekend house on the market? Part Trois

Browsing for weekend homes I cannot afford, as one does, I discovered this carefully curated home. Stacked art books, potted orchids, antler collection? Check, check and check. We've got the requisite male nudes in the bathroom, a zebra hide in the bespoke dressing room, GURL, holdup. Why the logs in the obviously antique zinc bathtub? Is this a new trend I am unaware of? Should I be using white birch logs to match the porcelain of my tub? Oh well. Snark away, tasteful friends!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2020 2:20 AM

What do the tasteful friends think of Liv Tyler’s house? I honestly think it is one hundred percent perfect. It’s gorgeous and not generic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 7:05 PM

Go back to your own damned Tasteful Friends thread, Adolf r1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 7:08 PM

Thank you, R2. Be a proper cunt at R1 as DL dictates or don't take on the job!

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 7:13 PM

Ok, the logs are confusing. I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 7:13 PM

We have a certified Litchfield County-obsessive Tasteful Friend in our midst who must be scouring Zillow non stop.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 7:16 PM

Other than the driveway and the view of the landscape, there is not one thing I like about this house. Its appearance from the exterior is ok, minus the landscaping, but the inside is to cluttered and confusing. Who needs so much furniture?

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 7:20 PM

I love it - it definitely needs to be edited a tad but they've got very good taste

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 7:23 PM

"Every inch of wall space MUST have a picture, painting or other form of substantial art or somebody DIES!"

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 7:24 PM

Where's the front door? In the addition? I don't like that, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 7:25 PM

I was thinking of selling my place. I've known it for a long time, but the real estate agent suggested I declutter, and declutter I did. I gave away or simply trashed lots and lots of "stuff," inside, outside, the garage, the basement.

I'm was so impressed with my decluttering I decided against listing the house for sale. And the place is much easier to clean with the place now in its museum like state.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 7:31 PM

Hoarders.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 7:45 PM

It is way too cluttered and the yard is fussy. It looks like mincing prisspot hoarders live here. They must spend the warmer months sitting on the patio ordering the Central American landscapers around, because that is a lot of shrubbery to prune.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 7:45 PM

One should switch between first person and third person in a single sentence if one hopes to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2019 7:49 PM

Love this room but, yes, cluttered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2019 7:52 PM

This room is horrid, though. Even with a large window and skylight, dark and dismal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2019 7:54 PM

They sure love their venison, don’t they. Hope it was well hung. Of the rest it’s a try at English ? chic. Just far too try hard. Sniff.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2019 7:57 PM

That is some grade-A priss.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2019 7:57 PM

What's on the top shelf of the parfum display? L'Air du Temps? Very prissy-looking. I'm sure all those perfumes are fresh and usable.

Logs in bathtub: because nobody would use that bathtub, anyway. Adds to cluttered look, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2019 8:01 PM

That "bathroom" ^^ is completely hideous.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2019 8:18 PM

I like the house and the garden. The decor is too cluttered and I don't like any of it except for the framed crab shells. Orthodox icons in one of the bedrooms? Odd.

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2019 9:47 PM

This is my favorite current over the top country house for sale devised by men with funny ideas.

It’s crazy and beautiful at the same time. The setting on the river is sensational and high enough to never flood.

I think that there is a real success in melding humorousness in a Dr.Seuss way with real architecture. It would be fun simplifying and organizing it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2019 10:50 PM

That one is awful, too.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2019 11:36 PM

I like the ceilings & stone work in R21's post; that house has too much crap too, but if you cleaned it out or at least organized it,that house would be absolutely gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2019 11:50 PM

R21, what IS it with you people? Bad form to interject another house/topic in a Tasteful Friends thread, you gutter spunk. Between you and R1, I'm gonna murderize both of ya. And that house is a DISASTER. A dormer should never overtake a fucking house. Our posting abilities must be way down. The last two of these threads were over a 100 fairly quickly.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2019 1:47 AM

I’m not only R21, I’m Snazzy OP. And you’re just a random OP.

Keep posting those mediocrities from CT you hope will sell. But I’m not a drunk broke real estate agent on a Tuesday night desperate to pay next month’s mortgage.

The house I posted is exactly as I described it, and full of possibilities. Yours is the same clapboard sided and shittily wallpapered box that every CT. Tasteful Friends post has been for the past year..

So don’t go blaming me for killing the latest of the ‘Connecticut Gay Realtor Association’ threads. If anything I’ll get your shabby listings more hits.

Now reconsider your comments, apologize, and say Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2019 2:37 AM

Oh,I suspect if I were wealthy with a huge house I might very well cram that much into it as well. Ive got a 3/2 house and every inch is pretty full. I love to discover treasures,but so far I can let go easily enough.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2019 4:16 AM

Christ on an everloving crutch. Snazzy my dear. Which axe are you grinding and why? I have been here for close to 20 years. That's legacy around here, and don't fuck with me so quickly. Do not come at me with ill-considered bullshit, because it will be stuffed right back up your ass. I show houses I like because I think they are interesting. Your choice has merit, but the owners ruined it. Why are we fighting again? Please lay out a map because I am not following, you dimwitted slug. I don't care to spar with fools

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2019 5:00 AM

Hey jackass—don’t put multiple houses in a single Tasteful Friends thread. It get’s confusing.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2019 5:11 AM

There's an exterior window on the inside of the kitchen!

What fresh hell??!!

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2019 5:12 AM

The windows are to die for, but someone needs to putty knife all that wallpaper fuckerie away.

by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2019 5:14 AM

Gawd, OP. The house has nice bones, but I need 100 dumpsters to get rid of all that CRAP! It's exhausting to look at!

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2019 5:20 AM

R28 is very easily confused.

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2019 6:57 AM

What are those little white things that are framed everywhere? And those brass palm trees!

by Anonymousreply 33November 13, 2019 7:28 AM

Excellent taste!

by Anonymousreply 34November 13, 2019 9:37 AM

Cluttered. It feels oppressive. Paint everything cream!

by Anonymousreply 35November 13, 2019 9:41 AM

Now wait a minute, which house are we talking about and which OP is mad at who? I'm so confused

by Anonymousreply 36November 13, 2019 9:47 AM

I was at a dinner party and seated next to a "society decorator." After she got a few drinks in her she started in how tiresome it is when people "run pictures up the wall!'

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 37November 13, 2019 10:00 AM

Apparently, black is the new magnolia...

by Anonymousreply 38November 13, 2019 10:03 AM

Gut it. Paint it all white. Start again. Oak floor boards, white-washed walls, sisal rugs, linen sofas, rattan décor, long wooden trestle table and bentwood and rattan chairs, black and white framed pictures on the wall, library with built in bookcases, large wicker basket full of firewood. wrought iron four poster hung with tulle, white waffle European cushions, blanket box, wood plantation shutters

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2019 10:08 AM

I like the barn but we can't see inside it. Only an old gay man would live in that house. Perhaps a DLounger? There's some nice pieces in that house but too many of them. Individually they're quite stunning but all together they're a cluttered mess that detracts from the individual beauty of each piece. Can anyone tell me what the little white things are in the frame?

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2019 10:16 AM

R39, no shiplap, hun?

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2019 10:21 AM

R40. Those little white things are Grand Tour Intaglios.

by Anonymousreply 42November 13, 2019 10:23 AM

The owner of the house is Joseph Cicio who is apparently famous and has known lots of famous people and who writes about them and the house here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Every room painted white requires a huge clock.

by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Wow only $1.9MM? Way too fussy to care for, but lovely property. There are other parts of CT thiugh besides litchfield county

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2019 10:26 AM

The other reason is that he wanted to share stories about his fabulous friends that reveal a side of them not always seen: The generosity of Joan Rivers, who surprised him one afternoon with a set of too-expensive iron branches that now adorn his garden gate. (“The best gifts are when you’re not expecting them,” he says.) Or Lauren Bacall — “not as tough as she appeared on screen” — gifting him a silver lace cigarette box from an old admirer. Or Audrey Hepburn — who was exactly the same sweet soul off-screen as she was on — and her gift to his son of a UNICEF rag doll.

by Anonymousreply 46November 13, 2019 10:27 AM

If you've seen the way Bacall decorated her Dakota apartment or how Joan Rivers' had her country home, it's the same hodge-podge cluttered mess of antiques and miss-matched old crap as this guys home.

by Anonymousreply 47November 13, 2019 10:35 AM

The dual tall trees and plants, ugh.

by Anonymousreply 48November 13, 2019 1:33 PM

Bacall's "decorating" was really borderline "ramshackle". The place was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2019 5:00 AM

R21, Thank you! I've driven past that house innumerable times on my way to New Hope/Lambertville, so now I know what it all looks like! Clearly the owner is quite fond of the local antiques scene!

by Anonymousreply 50September 29, 2020 6:16 PM

Obviously I would change all the decor, but I love the house and the grounds. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 51September 29, 2020 6:39 PM

The house is a bit old money looking but the inside is very nouveau riche. I was a little shocked. I’d take it though. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 52September 29, 2020 6:52 PM

The house is truly very lovely but the owners are clearly idiots for listing it with their gauche and horrendous decor on full display. It just keeps getting uglier and uglier as it goes on. Truly nightmarish

by Anonymousreply 53September 29, 2020 6:59 PM

I actually gasped at the kitchen. A really big gay gasp

by Anonymousreply 54September 29, 2020 7:02 PM

Very clearly a stuffy gay man's house - I can't put my finger one it, but I know it when I see it.

I'd say he's in his 70's or 80's.

And I just looked him up - Joseph Cicio, interior designer, 76 years old. Nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 55September 29, 2020 7:16 PM

From an article about the owner:

“I remember what my mentor Cici Blum Kempner once told me,” says Cicio..."

Cici Blum Kempner - not to be confused with CC Bloom from Beaches.

by Anonymousreply 56September 29, 2020 7:20 PM

I prefer Liv’s West Village townhouse @R1.

by Anonymousreply 57September 29, 2020 7:34 PM

Fucking awesome house OP, I love it. Only thing I might change is the room painted in black, I'd change that out for lighter colours and a nice floral patterned wallpaper or something. And clear the logs outta the bathtub, never know when a guest might want to use it

The place Snazzy posted at R21 is real nice too

Liv's joint at R1 is nice too but doesnt have the same "grab me by the balls and scream buy me motherfucker" that OP's house or R21 do

by Anonymousreply 58September 29, 2020 7:52 PM

The place is fine, nothing that a good garage/tag sale couldn't fix.

by Anonymousreply 59September 29, 2020 7:57 PM

All I can think of is what a fucking dust collector the whole place is. It looks like a place where you’d find a bowl of boiled sweets covered in ants, stuck, like in amber. The gardens are to die for though. I can see myself walking through those sipping a dry, Provence-style rosé whilst gossiping with friends.

by Anonymousreply 60September 29, 2020 9:02 PM

Well they sure do love their bric-a-brac!. Bob, come see this! Don’t they just love the bric-a-brac!?

by Anonymousreply 61September 29, 2020 9:24 PM

I love LOVE the satin red caftan draped over the meemaw chair in the master bedroom. Miss Thing the owner must’ve worked the polish off her manicure staging things just so for this very important photo shoot where her life’s work in interior decorating would be on display for all to see!

by Anonymousreply 62September 29, 2020 9:39 PM

I adore it OP. Everything about it. Why is everyone complaining about the clutter? Yes it looks like grandma's attic. So what? You don't buy a house with any consideration for the seller's furnishings. You need to be able to imagine all that crap gone so you can appreciate what a truly amazing house it is. It's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 63September 29, 2020 11:34 PM

The old queen tried to sell downtown Warren, CT on eBay 14 years ago:

"Warren is a town in Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States. The population was 1,461 at the 2010 census, up from 1,254 at the 2000 census. The town was named for Revolutionary War General Joseph Warren. On July 1, 2006, businessman Joseph Cicio placed most of Warren's commercial district on eBay for $5,000,000."

That's de-cluttering.

by Anonymousreply 64September 29, 2020 11:56 PM

Too much of everything. Bric and brac and books and dead crabs in a frame. The house itself is lovely. But I'd get rid of everything inside and start over. Feels maudlin.

by Anonymousreply 65September 30, 2020 12:06 AM

This is the same aesthetic my aunt had - it's very late 80's 'chic'. A lot of thrift store finds in there as well.

It holds up as being relatively classic and upscale - but it is dated, without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 66September 30, 2020 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!