Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Airline pilot receives $300k for wrongful arrest after being seen naked near airport

An airline pilot who was arrested after being spotted naked in his hotel room overlooking Denver International Airport has been awarded a $300,000 wrongful arrest settlement from the Colorado city.

The man, United Airlines pilot Andrew Collins, was arrested in September 2018, after employees saw him apparently touching himself through the 10th floor window of his hotel room.

But Mr Collins’ attorney, Craig Silverman, apparently successfully argued that it is not against the law to be naked inside a Denver hotel room. A report from Fox31 Denver indicates that the pilot was also unaware that he could be seen from the outside.

The charges against Mr Collins were dismissed by a judge in March.

But the arrest, even though it was dismissed, had complicated Mr Collins’ routine. He had been suspended for six months from his job, but has now returned to the skies.

“I have to explain this situation every day without fail,” he told local media.

But, he sees his legal win as a positive: “That’s how we protect our rights — by holding people accountable.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2019 5:50 PM

not a bad gig if you can get it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Nice cold sore on his lip.

Ew.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 7:01 PM

Headline should read:

"Diseased Creeper wins $300,000 for exposing himself to DIA"

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 7:02 PM

My arrest was based on a cock and bull story.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 7:13 PM

To whom was he exposing himself?

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 7:15 PM

Let’s just say his picture explains why he was masturbating alone in his hotel room on the 10th floor.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 7:22 PM

Actually, he's not bad looking.

I'd hit it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 7:25 PM

If jacking off is wrong, I don't want to be right.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 7:28 PM

I would not expect to be observed in a hotel room on the tenth floor overlooking an airport. Weird that he was jerking off while looking out the window (assuming that was the situation), but maybe he’s just really into planes.

Difficult to understand how that could result in an arrest.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 7:29 PM

"maybe he’s just really into planes. "

we're approaching the runway...drop speed and lower faps, I mean flaps...landing gear releasing...touchdoooowwwn.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 7:35 PM

Apparently it’s jot even confirmed that he was jerking off. He says he woke up, opened the blinds, and then got a phone call that lasted 24 minutes. Seems plausible. I’m surprised he only got $300k.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 7:37 PM

The hotel is beautiful. It’s reflective blue glass in daylight, and you’d really have to be putting on a show even to get noticed at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 7:57 PM

In the age when conspiracy theories abound, this is an interesting factoid about the pilot in the Denver Post article posted at R11.

[quote] The pilot was also running for election to serve as the president of the pilots’ union, but he withdrew his candidacy because of the arrest.

Article also states he was spotted by witnesses from the terminal which is "over 100 yards away." The length of a football field and 10 stories down. Is anyone's unaided eyesight that good?

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2019 5:38 PM

Yes. Mine.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2019 5:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!