Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Show me tasteful, subtle eyewear for everyday people

Recommendations, dear Lounge? I've just been prescribed reading glasses (which I haven't had to wear since I was a kid. Not happy, Jan).

I checked out my local retailers carrying them, and choices are scant; either Specsavers regulation for a mallwalking Fibro-frau; chunky blackframes like I work for Apple; or weightless wraparounds that only suit Armani models. I'm a Normy with a dog and a job writing content who enjoys walking & movies & listening to music while taking the bus - I don't want to look like Jon Kortajarena OR Mrs. Darbus. I need something that won't draw attention and blends in with my plain clothes (plain button ups or tees with jeans & slacks, boots, pullovers). Thanks, dahls.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2020 11:11 AM

Get frameless. Well-made frameless glasses almost disappear on your face.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Oh, go for something exotic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 7:37 PM

Every Gurl needs his Pearles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 7:46 PM

I see the kids at school wearing frames like these. I hate them. They look like nun glasses from 1950s. But you may like them, or find something else here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 7:47 PM

I get mine from Peepers.com, they have a pretty big selection, and good prices.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 7:54 PM

R4 kids of now actually want to look like that? Yikes. But then I don’t understand a lot of what teens choose to wear.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2020 9:35 AM

Sounds like you need to go to Costco. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2020 9:39 AM

R1 is correct. Follow that advice.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2020 3:53 PM

I’m definitely leaning frameless. It’s like Spanx for the face, I’m told.

What flattering shape of lens to choose, then? I have an oval face with long apple cheeks and downturned eyes, if that helps.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2020 10:42 AM

r6, I'm taking a two-semester class at the local university, and in each class, "nun style" has proven very popular among the cutest boys, Jason and Josh in particular. Jason's were rectangular, and he's a small man with a small, round head, so they didn't look too bad.

But Josh has the very round-bottomed ones with a gold-toned metal bottom frame, and he seriously looks like Sister Mary Joshua. It's a shame, too, as he couldn't be cuter.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2020 10:52 AM

OP, it's a no brainer :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2020 10:58 AM

You must really need these, OP. It's been almost three months.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2020 11:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!