Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Help Me Identify a Film or TV Show Based on a Quote

I have a flashbulb memory of a line in a film or a tv show where the husband or boyfriend is referring to his wife or girlfriend with, “She’s been feeling a bit melancholy lately. Haven’t you been feeling a bit melancholy?” (paraphrased)

That’s all I can remember. I know for certain the word melancholy is used, and I believe this show or film was in the 1980s or 1990s.

It’s been driving me nuts for years that I can’t place it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 10:23 PM

Any other context? Comedy? Drama?

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 4:04 AM

OP - Your title says it's a quote, then you admit you are paraphrasing.

Disingenuous trash.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 5:37 AM

Sounds like Jane Austen.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 5:50 AM

Inside Out?

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 5:54 AM

R2, the word melancholy is a direct quote.

And R1, I’m thinking comedy but I really can’t remember.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 4:12 PM

Mad About You? Sounds like Paul Reiser repeating his lines the way they did on that show

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 7:32 PM

By the way, this subreddit is specifically dedicated to solving these flashbulb memories and there are posters who live for this sleuthing shit. So maybe post it there and then tell us if it gets solved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 8:42 PM

The movie is "Feeling A Bit Melancholy", a 1984 American romantic comedy film directed by Stanley Donen, starring Michael Caine and Demi Moore.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!