Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Former President Carter Hospitalized for Bleeding on the Brain

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter was admitted to an Atlanta hospital on Monday for a procedure to relieve brain pressure from bleeding caused by recent falls, the Carter Center said in a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2019 12:13 PM

He’ll be fine. Wishing President Carter a speedy recovery.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 1:26 AM

How many times is he going to go to the hospital for the jello this year?

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 1:27 AM

His health troubles are expected, he is 95, no one lives forever.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 1:28 AM

He has been a far better civilian leader than a President. The democratic party kept him in the closet for decades. I liked him as a person but he was a weak President.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 1:31 AM

He’ll replace Trebek on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 1:35 AM

He was too good of a man for the presidency, out of his league. The establishment never wanted him to be POTUS, people forget Ted Kennedy ran against Carter - the incumbent president - for the nomination in 1980, weakening him for defeat. Carter would have handled the AIDS epidemic much differently.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 1:37 AM

Again? How many times do we have to endure this? Do you think he'll run for POTUS again when he gets out? As every other geriatric is, why shouldn't he?

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 1:38 AM

He had a fine ass and you know what that means.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 1:40 AM

Jimmy Carter, unlike most of the rest of us, including his fellow presidents, has nothing to be ashamed of. We are honored, as a country, to have had this man as our president.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 1:53 AM

Well said, r9.

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 2:04 AM

I like Mr. Jimmy. I'll feel sad when he passes.

His was the first campaign I worked on, and I went to the Inauguration. Cold as hell out there. I think Ted Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, each in their own way, fucked him over. And the economy. And Russia.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 2:12 AM

If he dies, Rosalyn won't last.

by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 2:12 AM

Too bad the Democrats didn't have enough sense to nominate Ted Kennedy in 1980. He would have beaten Reagan and would of been one of our greatest presidents!

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2019 2:13 AM

[quote]If he dies, Rosalyn won't last.

Yes, I will.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2019 2:19 AM

[QUOTE] Too bad the Democrats didn't have enough sense to nominate Ted Kennedy in 1980. He would have beaten Reagan and would of been one of our greatest presidents!

In a general election, Ted Kennedy’s campaign would’ve sunk even faster than Mary Jo Kopechne.

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2019 2:21 AM

I think, sadly, Jimmy's not long for this world. That being said, at this point, I'm sure he gives zero fucks. He should record a video, he could call it "A Plea to the Nation" or something like that, stating how he REALLY feels about the Dump crime family, the complicit GOP, and how they're destroying the country. He should do it in plain English, the better to get through to the deplorables. And he should stipulate that the video only be released after his death; better yet, make it the October Surprise.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2019 2:23 AM

His end is near

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2019 2:39 AM

Jimmy Carter is a reminder of a time when there was an inherent dignity to the office of president. Trump certainly put an end to that.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2019 2:54 AM

Jimmy Carter was among the first to introduce religion into a Presidential campaign in terms of the "Christian Right." He started that bullshit with his campaigning on his "Born Again" Christian credentials. Voter turnout among regular church goers was at 75%.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2019 3:05 AM

This is getting to be a Generalissimo Francisco Franco kind of deal

by Anonymousreply 20November 12, 2019 3:08 AM

why do they let 90+ year olds out of the hospital once they fall? They need to just fix them a room there.

by Anonymousreply 21November 12, 2019 3:08 AM

Why would they hospitalize him at his age? He needs to be in hospice care where he can go peacefully instead of being poked and prodded in a hospital. What a cruel family he must have.

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2019 3:14 AM

Probably from when he fell and hit his face. He should have stayed in bed. His daughterbshould tell him to act like an old person.

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2019 3:20 AM

Carter was not weak, jackass...you were unaware of his enemies. Damn, some of you people are so ignorant and stupid. Military Corporations were out to get him because he was a fiscal conservative, you stupid asshole. They needed the dumb Alzheimers victim to get their trillions of tax dollars. Eisenhower warned us...Reagan and Bush Jr gave those corporations and Generals (stock holders) everything they wanted.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2019 3:29 AM

Jimmy Carter was the last person elected as President to do the job.

Reagan started it - the guy you vote for is the figurehead. The details are worked out at the staff level for the most without bothering "The Chief."

Everyone since, including Clinton and Obama, were more the "Chairman of the Board." Maybe Carter couldn't handle it all and should have delegated some of the details.

He's a good man which is more than can say about any living former President of the US much less the person in office now.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2019 3:37 AM

R22 because he just got out from fall. Once you fall, and your 90+ they should just keep you there, cause you'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2019 4:12 AM

If Carter dies while Trump is in office, will Trump be banned from his funeral?

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2019 9:56 AM

R27 I’m sure Jimmy has thought of that possibility and banned him from the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2019 10:22 AM

Amen, R9.

A good and decent man, & it seems like people have forgotten what that looks like.

Homophobes be damned.

Oh, & respect cannot be bought, laundered, coerced, bribed, nor can it be it be painted or sprayed on every bare surface, turning everything shiny, gold, in order to disguise itself and fit in with true gems like Jimmy Carter.

Think I’m gonna make myself a P & J.

by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2019 10:32 AM

I hope he stays on this earth a little longer. If not, it’s okay. He’s done plenty here, and has a legacy.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2019 10:52 AM

It's crazy to put him through that at his age. It's time for goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2019 11:02 AM

He should run for POTUS. Slogan: Now or Never!

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2019 11:08 AM

I wish him all the best, but that meet up with Clinton, Obama and Trump all having to sit next to each other at his funeral will be the epitome of awkward.

I wonder if they put Trump and Melania next to the family or move the former presidents to a different row at the service. Or hopefully Carter requested that Trump and his grifter family have to stay away. The current president usually also gives the eulogy. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2019 11:22 AM

R33 no way Dump gives a eulogy. He didn’t with Bush the first.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2019 11:35 AM

^Yes, but only because Bush Jr. also was a former president and the son. Usually the current president gives the eulogy. Unless of course Carter already made arrangements for his funeral and picked someone else.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2019 11:54 AM

He was the first President I voted for. A great man, too virtuous for politics. His imminent death will bring all the nation together to remind us of character ( And Trump will go insane)

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2019 12:12 PM

Carter was dealing with a lot of shit as POTUS and he didn't have the kind of backing from Congress he needed, even among Democrats. Now there was truth to the accusation he could be rigid and inflexible, and too "ethical" to make the kind of deals he needed to make. Then there was the "Georgia mafia" in the WH. JC brought a lot of his staffers in to run the show like Hamilton Jordan who were abrasive and didn't know how to deal with Congress. But even though he wasn't properly acknowledging of the "georgetown set" he still had an effective PResidency. The Camp David Accords and the peace plan he facilitated between Menachim Begin of Israel and Sadat of Egypt were truly historic. He had to stand up to Russia. Russia was and remains our biggest enemy and roadblock to peace in the Middle East. Energy, housing policy, environmental policy, human rights, etc. he was a good President.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2019 12:13 PM

r31

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE ASS

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2019 12:18 PM

If Pres. Carter dies while the fat puke Trump is still in office I hope and pray the family requests that Trump is not welcome at the funeral. But considering how polite the Carters are they probably wouldn't do that. But I seriously doubt Jabba himself would dare go. He'd send that slag Ivanka as his representative.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2019 12:45 PM

Pres. Carter is proof that the old saying "the good die young" is not always true.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2019 12:46 PM

He might pull a McCain and ask Obama to do it.

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2019 1:23 PM

Reagan won in 1980 because of Iran, and also because he lashed himself to abortion issue and evangelicals.

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2019 1:33 PM

Funny how he outlived Dixie Carter and Nell Carter ain't it?

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2019 1:44 PM

I cast my first vote for Jimmy Carter and I have never regretted it.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2019 1:53 PM

I suppose media covers this like they cover an airshow... there may be a fatal crash.

If he goes, I wonder if the family will allow or exclude you know who? They're so fucking nice and Christian, I bet they let him attend. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 45November 12, 2019 1:55 PM

I said it above, even if they don't disinvite the filthy pig he would probably never set foot at that funeral. He very likely thinks going to a former Democratic POTUS funeral is beneath him. He'll send Ivanka. Plus, I imagine if he did go his presence would not be treated kindly by those in attendance. It may be south Georgia but most locals worship Pres. Carter.

by Anonymousreply 46November 12, 2019 2:11 PM

R45, it’s not just about Christianity. It’s also about tradition, protocol, and class; things our current 1st family lack in, or have zero of.

My grandma died like this. Slipped and fell, and wasn’t able to rebound.

by Anonymousreply 47November 12, 2019 2:31 PM

I don't want Carter to die, but when he does and Trump is in office, it will be a massive media reminder to the public of when leaders were honorable and decent and good citizens.

by Anonymousreply 48November 12, 2019 2:33 PM

If he survives this he'll probably be drooling and unable to remember anything. Also, trouble with mobility and speaking. He should have had a DNR in place.

by Anonymousreply 49November 12, 2019 2:45 PM

Remember how the McCain family did not want the Trumps to attend the funeral and fucking Lindsey Graham put Ivanka and Kushy on his guest list and the fuckers attended even though the family did not want them there?

When Barbara Bush died the family asked Trump not to attend her funeral. It was also reported that Bush senior did not really want Trump at his funeral, but the family did not want to cause a disturbance by not inviting Trump. He did not give a speech though.

Trump was not welcome at the funeral of Elijah Cummings last month either.

I bet if the family does not outright tell him he's not welcome, he (and the whole grifter family) will definitely all attend just to get positive publicity and let his base know he's not toxic.

I often wonder what his life will be like after his presidency. I don't see how any former presidents or famous politicians want anything to do with him or give a eulogy or speech after all the evil stuff he did.

by Anonymousreply 50November 12, 2019 2:46 PM

Pres. Carter's brain surgery is over and he's recovering at Emory Univ. Hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 12, 2019 2:51 PM

When Barbara Bush died....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 2:54 PM

If Pres. Carter dies and Jabba actually attends the funeral I would hope whoever eulogizes him says outright that Pres. Carter was from a time when the Presidency was held by a man with high moral ethics and true class, something the country longs for at the current time.

by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2019 2:55 PM

I think it's great that he's going out the way he wants to-- continuing to work and do the things he loves, whether it's helping build houses or teach Sunday School classes. With the state of his health, his doctors have probably told him to take it easy, and he'd be justified spending the rest of his life traveling between his bed and his easy chair. Many 90-year-olds do. But Jimmy believes the Lord will take him when it's his time and not a second before or after, and I think he takes great comfort in that.

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Jimmy Carter makes this millennial proud to be a fellow Georgian.

by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2019 3:13 PM

From two years ago: the former president taking time to greet every passenger on his commercial flight (iirc, this was right after his cancer diagnosis). He's only grown more beloved since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2019 8:13 PM

[quote]If he survives this he'll probably be drooling and unable to remember anything.

And yet, he'll still have twice the mental sharpness of Dump.

by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2019 8:15 PM

This is just a reminder how sad it was that we were robbed of having Ted Kennedy as our president. We just didn't know any better or some people still held a grudge against over that trivial car accident.

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2019 2:05 AM

I got pussy on the brain.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2019 2:57 AM

Fuck Drake. Arrogant ass.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2019 3:36 AM

[quote]Trump will go insane

Trump is already insane.

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2019 4:22 AM

Pres. Carter is up, walking, and in good spirits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2019 7:49 PM

He fell because he got sauced drinking left over barrels of unsold Billy Beer.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2019 12:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!