Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Terminator

The original was just on.

Arnold is only required to stomp around and is barely required to speak. Could there have been a more perfect vehicle for him?

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 6:06 PM

Nope. And for a man who speaks so little, he has many iconic/pop culture referenced lines.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2019 12:28 AM

Luckily, Arnie got better. But I'm still confused about the whole Governor thing, as if that was somehow the best vehicle for him. How did that happen?

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 12:56 AM

Arnold was originally supposed to play Kyle Reese.

But he wanted to play the Terminator.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 1:04 AM

I heard the German actor Jurgen Prochnow was considered for the role of The Terminator. Now THAT I would have liked to see. Not only is he a fine actor but I always thought he was sexy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 1:08 AM

OJ Simpson was also considered for the Terminator.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 1:10 AM

I think AS should also be included in the lucky category. Absolutely no acting skill to speak of and he has made a mint. He knows his limitations and choose his roles extremely well. He was pretty funny in the current Terminator (the part about the wallpaper).

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 1:13 AM

[Quote] And for a man who speaks so little, he has many iconic/pop culture referenced lines.

Too many.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2019 6:38 AM

R5 OJ went method on that one

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2019 8:24 AM

Arnold is not a bad actor. He did improve later in his career but he was already talented and charismatic in his early career. The Rock, for example, is not what you could call a great dramatic actor yet there are very few people who could captivate as much as does on screen. When he was a wrestler, he had the audience eating out of the palm of his hand. AS was similar in that very few people could have done what he did in the first Terminator as effectively.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2019 8:45 AM

Who would you rather blow Arnold or Robert Patrick?

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2019 6:06 PM

And who has the better ass?

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 6:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!