Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DRAKE BOOED OFF STAGE AT CAMP FLOG GNAW ... Tyler, the Creator Says Fans Were 'Ass*****'

Camp Flog Gnaw's founder, Tyler, the Creator, is responding to his buddy, Drake, getting booed off stage by people who wanted to see his other good friend, Frank Ocean, instead ... saying it's his bad, and everyone else's bad too. Tyler wrote on Twitter, "I THOUGHT BRINGING ONE OF THE BIGGEST ARTIST ON THE F**KING PLANET TO A MUSIC FESTIVAL WAS FIRE! BUT FLIPSIDE, A LIL TONE DEAF KNOWING THE SPECIFIC CROWD IT DREW." He added, "SOME CREATED A NARRATIVE IN THEIR HEAD AND ACTED OUT LIKE ASS***** WHEN IT DIDNT COME TRUE AND I DONT F*** WITH THAT He went on to say that people in the front row were the ones being the loudest, while most others were enjoying Drake's performance. He also called what happened to Drake "CANCEL CULTURE IN REAL LIFE", which he says he doesn't like. He thanked Drake too ... profusely. Sounds like he acknowledges Drizzy might've not been the best choice, but also doesn't appreciate how the crowd treated his guest. Fair enough. Rough night for Drake, who got booed off stage at his pal Tyler, the Creator's music festival ... due to a crowd that clearly wanted, and expected, to see someone else.

Champagne Papi came out as the surprise guest headliner Sunday night at Camp Flog Gnaw, which was held at Dodger Stadium. It sure seems like folks were jonesin' for Frank Ocean to the hit the stage and sing ... instead, they got Drizzy rapping.

The set didn't seem to be going well from the jump -- barely any energy from the audience, and what's worse ... when Drake offered to stay longer, the crowd didn't want him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2019 8:29 PM

I have no idea what op said

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2019 10:16 PM

Drake is a considerably more available entertainer than the reclusive Ocean. For the rapper to bound onstage thus not only disappointed Ocean’s famously ravenous fans, but also set up a clash of tastes. Tyler and Flog Gnaw’s brand is colorful and punkish and opposed to all things serious. Drake’s is chilly and commercial and calculated. He has charted 205 songs in the Hot 100—more than any other solo artist ever. For some Flog Gnaw attendees surely, Drake showing up was the equivalent of a popular jock crashing the art geeks’ party and demanding to take over the aux cord to put on Maroon 5.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2019 5:39 PM

Drake fucking sucks.

Good for that audience.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2019 7:52 PM

My niece was there, and it sounds like R2 kinda hit it. She went with some of the Boys and they were expecting Ocean. The Boys weren’t impressed that Drake was the surprise but I guess they weren’t part of the booing bunch.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2019 11:01 PM

I'll always see him as Aubrey Graham AKA wheelchair guy from Degrassi TNG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2019 11:18 PM

It’s about time. He’s a gay fraud.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2019 11:21 PM

No he isn’t

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2019 3:34 AM

What the fuck is "Camp Flog Gnaw"?

Am I supposed to have heard of it?

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2019 4:27 AM

They wanted Frank Ocean, they got Drake.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2019 7:36 PM

Drake has gotten way to smug.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2019 7:38 PM

Is this supposed to be a play on the words WANG GOLF?

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2019 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!