Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A Summer Place is on

Watch Connie Ford slap that shit out of her trampy daughter and take down a Christmas Tree in the process.

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2019 6:37 AM

This should have been made into an off-Broadway musical.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2019 5:47 PM

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Uh oh, here comes the OB to examine Sandra Dee. Will her virginity still be there? If not... what will Connie Ford do?

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2019 6:31 PM

I would like to give a nod of approval to Sylvia’s chic “second wedding” attire.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 6:53 PM

OMG, I remember watching this with my mother as a young kid. I love that my mom introduced me to these great old campfests. My mother said it was quite shocking when it came out and her mother wouldn't let her go see it.

"Have you been bad, Johnny?"

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 8:08 PM

Sandra Dee said Connie and the director insisted that do that scene a doze times.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 8:26 PM

What a beautiful theme song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2019 8:48 PM

I read the book this movie was based on, by Sloan Wilson. It was released in 1958 and it's very well written, but ridiculous in a lot of ways when looked at from today's perspective. When Ken and Sylvia (she's a gorgeous teenager and he's a muscular type with the nickname "The Beast") are teenagers they have a sexual encounter. He forces himself on her; he is RAPING her. And at first she resists, but then begins to, well, LIKE it. I guess that was a viewpoint at the time; that women like to be taken by force. Anyway, it today's world their passionate sexual encounter would be pure sexual assault.

The book was considered hot stuff because it featured adultery and teenage sex. The teenagers Molly and Johnny (real fifties teenager names, huh?) are madly in love and want to fuck but are told to be "sensible." Well, they're not sensible and she gets knocked up at seventeen. In the book Sylvia (and to a lesser extent, Ken) try to put a positive spin on the situation, regarding it as a "triumph" of love, the love the two youngsters have for each other. Actually, it's a catastrophe for two teenagers to become parents, but the book ends with the two impending teenage parents living at "the summer place" and trying to keep it up. I guess the ending can be interpreted in different ways. Some would swoon over the ending, considering a happily ever after one. Others might think: these two stupid kids are going to have a baby and their youth will be over. I tend to favor the latter perspective.

by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2019 9:02 PM

To be fair, Sandra Dee is highly slappable

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2019 9:27 PM

The whole cast of that movie was highly slappable.

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2019 9:39 PM

R3 Connie will eat out her hymen, with pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2019 10:07 PM

[quote]The whole cast of that movie was highly slappable.

Don't try me cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2019 10:10 PM

I watched the trailer of this movie to refresh my memory about the Christmas tree. I never realized that Sandra Dee had a wonky eye.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2019 10:47 PM

Gawd, this stupid movie! Everyone acted like birth control didn't exist and the choice was between horrible awful repression, and teen pregnancy!

Let me guess, it was written by a straight man? Because yeah, at that time, the chief form of birth control available to teenagers was condoms, as birth control pills didn't exist and no doctor would give a diaphragm or IUD to an unmarried, underaged virgin. But that stupid boy could have gone down to the drug store and bought some condoms! Or his idiot dad could have cut short one of his speeches about the value of free love, bought some, and handed them over with directions on how to use them and why! But NOOOOOO!!! Then, as now, straight men will die or ruin their lives rather than use condoms! They're all idiots, and the girl is going to be the one who drops out of high school to have the baby.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2019 10:58 PM

You have to consider that back then sex before marriage was considered to be VERY bad, especially for teenagers. The two love struck teenagers were told over and over to be "sensible" by their elders. Johnny and Molly were trying to suppress their urges (hence his not buying condoms) but finally succumbed to their teenage lust. Although Molly's father is wealthy (as a research chemist?) the novel suggests that Johnny and Molly will now be the ones running the run down "summer place" and taking care of a baby. But they're "in love" which I guess is supposed to make everything all right.

This movie is featured in a book entitled "The Worst Movies of All Time; Or, What Were They Thinking?"

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2019 12:34 AM

My favorite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2019 12:47 AM

It's such an idiotic movie, basically a mid-century straight man's complaints about life made into a semi-coherent story.

Oh dear, a man's wife isn't hot enough for him or enthusiastic enough about sex, poor straight man! It has to be HER fault, so let's all applaud him for ditching her for a hottie! A boy is told not to knock up his 17-year-old girlfriend, oh the poor boy having to deal with the evil sexually repressive forces of society! Knocking up 17-year-olds is a great thing to do!

This is the kind of thinking behind the "sexual revolution" of the 1960s, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2019 1:57 AM

Richard Egan was one of the most wooden actors ever. Troy Donahue, too.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2019 2:04 AM

Oh, how I wish I would have gotten to slap that little simpering bitch in our movie

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2019 2:05 AM

Sloan Wilson wrote “All the Best People” about rich summer residents of a resort and the locals. There’s a heavily muscled local boy in that novel, too.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2019 2:08 AM

Sloan Wilson also wrote "The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit," which was adapted into a movie three years before "A Summer Place" that starred Gregory Peck, Jennifer Jones and Fredric March. It was considered a much more respectable film, although it isn't nearly as much fun and has none of the high-camp high jinks of "A Summer Place." But both the book and movie were extremely popular.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2019 2:24 AM

The dialogue is hilarious. Here's some of it:

Molly: "She (her uptight Mommy) says I bounce when I walk. Do I?' Daddy Ken: "Heh heh heh...only in a pleasant way."

Ken: "You (uptight Mommy) insist on desexing her (nubile Molly) as though sex were synonymous with dirt!"

Molly: "She's (uptight Mommy) anti-sex! Whenever I have a naughty dream, do I have to feel guilty?"

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2019 2:34 AM

For some reason I thought it was an innocuous beach blanket movie, and, after finally seeing it, kind of wish it had been. The sex repression theme is laid on with a trowel, and the acting is, with the borderline exception of Arthur Kennedy, bad beyond belief. But the slapping is majestic.

I'm really surprised it was such a big hit. "Peyton Place" was at least well-made, and had a decent cast.

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2019 2:53 AM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link? I mean would that have been so hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post?

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2019 2:54 AM

Thank you, R16. For a brief instant, you can see the bit of a smile that Connie is trying (?) to restrain while getting ready to clock Miss Dee. I wonder if they had to raise that poor tree, replace all those pretty ornaments, and redecorate that festive little scene many times? It was so pretty and inconvenient of careless Sandra to knock it down so clumsily.

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2019 3:22 AM

R25, it's always the trees that suffer for the behavior of little tramps.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2019 3:36 AM

The music and scenery are to die for. I think it’s all very romantic, as well as hilariously camp.

You can tour the Jorgensen‘s Frank Lloyd Wright house once a year. It’s actually in Carmel, California.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2019 3:37 AM

" and so you went to a motel ? "

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2019 3:46 AM

I thought Richard Egan was pretty sexy.

“Oh, Lifeguard~”

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2019 3:49 AM

I really think I might take Phil Donahue over bland Troy.

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2019 3:52 AM

"A Summer Place" marked the beginning of the Delmer Daves-Troy Donahue collaborations that produced other young-lovers-in-heat movies, "Parrish," "Susan Slade," and "Rome Adventure." These films were Warner Bros' attempts at exploring adult topics like the European films at the time, but these ended up being over-produced soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2019 3:58 AM

Sure wish I had, r30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2019 2:27 PM

"When you slap the bitch, you have to knock over the tree!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2019 2:41 PM

Sandra Dee annoys me in so many movies. ("Gidget," "Imitation of Life," "A Summer Place," "The Dunwich Horror.") She needed a hard slap in everything.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2019 2:48 PM

R17 Well, to be fair, his wife WAS a lesbian! (Even Helen Keller could tell that.)

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2019 2:49 PM

I imagine that slap gave Connie many a sleepless night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2019 3:24 PM

You know, Connie’s character kind of had things right. I mean, it was permissiveness that led to all the ducklipped little tramps we see today on Instagram. Parading around like strip teasers! Letting boys kiss and maul them!

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2019 3:26 PM

Imagine Helen Ferguson heading to Rome and meeting her doppleganger who admitted to love having her bottom pinched by hunky Italian men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2019 3:55 PM

Here is Connie in her slutty days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2019 4:02 PM

Elaine Stritch, who in the mid-late 1950's looked like she could have been Connie's sister, stole that look R39 for her "At Liberty" show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2019 4:07 PM

Elaine Stritch around the time of "Goldilocks". Connie was in the musical "Say Darling" the very same year. When Elaine showed up in a guest appearance on "The Edge of Night", at first, I thought it was Connie, just having started to watch "Another World" that very year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2019 4:08 PM

I found my Holiday Card.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2019 4:19 PM

She was one to talk....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2019 4:36 PM

^ Wow, give Connie some kudos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2019 4:40 PM

Gawd, the father in this film is creepy, always horning after the local hottie and encouraging his teenaged daughter to be sexy, and ruining her relationship with her mother.

And we KNOW that he'll end up sending her back to live with his slap-happy ex-wife, after the baby is old enough to be annoying, Troy Donahue is out of there, and having an unhappy daughter and grandchild around is killing the buzz he has with his new wife.

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2019 4:42 PM

It was the greatest melodramatic slap ever until that Indian soap opera went even further.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2019 4:48 PM

Connie Ford takes on Peter Brady (Christopher Knight) on an early January 1981 episode of "Another World". It's actually quite touching, and Connie is very gentle with him. Apparently, she liked working with young men on the show (those who knew their lines and weren't eager to quit to go to Hollywood), and some of those actors (Richard Bekins, Laurence Lau, Matthew Crane, Tom Eplin) said that they learned a lot from her. She was absolutely no nonsense, but that rigid exterior (and Ada's dishtowel) hid a big heart. Her scene starts 3 minutes into the episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2019 4:52 PM

R23 Arthur Kennedy was in both PP and ASP.

by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2019 4:55 PM

Connie is deliciously scheming in this delightful film noir like episode of "Thriller" (the third in the series) where she is as deadly as Barbara Stanwyck in "Double Indemnity". She had appeared in a lengthy single scene of the first episode (well worth seeking out), and got the lead probably because she was so good in that smaller part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2019 4:55 PM

I love how they had to make BOTH the other spouses incredibly repulsive, so that we're supposed to cheer on the affair.

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2019 5:01 PM

LOL, R16!

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2019 5:04 PM

R50 I agree that Arthur Kennedy's character was pretty repulsive, first as a social snob with nothing really to show for it, and then demanding custody of Troy Donahue, then spending his time being drunk and ruining the island before being shipped off to a rehab center. At least he does tell off Helen by telling her that in no uncertain times, he will not be on her side. It reforms him a bit and gives him some dimension. In any other actor's hand, Helen would have been wretched and one dimensional, but Connie makes her fascinating. Meg Myles played a character on "The Doctors" whom fans of that soap said seemed to be based on Connie's character.

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2019 5:05 PM

I find all of the adult characters interesting. All of them sort of tragic and yearning. The actors did well with what they were given.

Arthur Kennedy especially gives Bart moments of likability. My favorite is when he gestures toward the bed with his drink and says, "I was born in this room. Right there." It's kind of endearing, even though the suggestion of sex leading to childbirth seems to perturb Connie.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2019 5:24 PM

[quote]Gawd, this stupid movie! Everyone acted like birth control didn't exist and the choice was between horrible awful repression, and teen pregnancy!

It wasn't stupid, it was actually shocking. Sorry to break the news to you but there was a long time where unmarried pregnancy was very scandalous. This opened at Radio City Music Hall and shocked the family friendly audiences.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2019 5:33 PM

I prefer the lush opening music to the popular theme. It is more adult, and with the waves crashing on the rocks, a great opening to one of my all time favorite films.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2019 5:35 PM

I wonder if that's what marriage was like for lesbians who gave into heteronormativity, and married some man.

Being married to a man you came to loathe, and who blamed you for everything wrong in his life, and in society.

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2019 5:48 PM

If you see a Christmas tree is a melodrama, it's definitely getting knocked over at some point.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2019 5:49 PM

Then you'll love this, R55. For me it's the most beautiful movie soundtrack of all. Love the segue at 4:25

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2019 5:59 PM

R58 Thanks! I'm adding it to my play list!

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2019 6:06 PM

I can never think of "A Summer Place" without thinking of the parody version of it in "Henry, Sweet Henry" in a song called "I'm Blue Too, Sandra Dee."

by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2019 6:09 PM

I think Johnny hadn't been bad with girls......he had been very, very good with girls.

by Anonymousreply 61November 11, 2019 6:32 PM

R61 Did he try to mess with your convenience?

by Anonymousreply 62November 11, 2019 6:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 11, 2019 6:49 PM

Connie should have had a much better credit placement and her own title card, preferably "And Constant Ford". I can't believe she's sharing credit with someone named Beulah Bondi. I'd like to see Beulah work magic with a t-towel.

by Anonymousreply 64November 11, 2019 7:01 PM

Beulah here is basically playing Irene Dailey's version of Aunt Liz. This is how I picture her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65November 11, 2019 7:10 PM

Beulah Bondi, desperately needing to use her convenience. It's a race to the door. Who will make it first?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2019 7:18 PM

Beulah Bondi, at least, had two Academy Award nominations (The Gorgeous Hussy, 1936; Of Human Hearts, 1938). How many did Connie Ford have? Zilch. Beulah deserved her own "And Miss Beulah Bondi" credit.

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2019 9:28 PM

[quote]I can't believe she's sharing credit with someone named Beulah Bondi.

"Someone named Beulah Bondi" was one of Hollywood's finest and most in-demand character actresses, with a long list of credits in many classic films. Constance Ford was not in her league.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2019 9:35 PM

R62 plop plop plop......

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2019 9:41 PM

[quote]Elaine Stritch, who in the mid-late 1950's looked like she could have been Connie's sister, stole that look [R39] for her "At Liberty" show!

Elaine stole that look from Judy Garland in "A Star Is Born."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2019 9:43 PM

Was just reading up on Beulah Bondi, who did a fine job playing the old WASP lady with the leak over her convenience.

From Wikipedia: "She died from pulmonary complications caused by broken ribs suffered when she tripped over her cat in her home on January 11, 1981, at age 91." Damn cat!

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2019 10:51 PM

[quote]Beulah Bondi, at least, had two Academy Award nominations (The Gorgeous Hussy, 1936; Of Human Hearts, 1938).

She should have won an Oscar for her leading role in the Leo McCarey film "Make Way for Tomorrow," in which she and Victor Moore play an elderly couple who have fallen on hard times and are unwanted by their adult children. Her final scene at Grand Central Station, in which her husband is leaving for California to find work picking fruit, and Beulah knows she will never see him again, is unforgettable, and Beulah is heartbreaking in it. Orson Welles said the movie "would make a stone cry." Beulah played old ladies even when she was relatively young.

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2019 11:00 PM

Bondi's first movie was King Vidor's "Street Scene" (1931) based on Elmer Rice's famous play. Bondi had stayed in the original Broadway production for over a year before coming to Hollywood to play the same role on film. Wonderful actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2019 11:38 PM

I was in the folk opera, r73.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 11, 2019 11:43 PM

Beulah Bondi won an Emmy Award for her final acting role, a guest spot on "The Waltons" in 1976. She was 87 years old. She was there to accept the award, got a standing ovation, and thanked everyone for remembering her while she was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 75November 11, 2019 11:50 PM

Burl & Beulah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 11, 2019 11:57 PM

Bondi and Ives were both wonderful in Disney’s much underrated “So Dear to My Heart” (1948), a truly charming journey into Americana.

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2019 12:18 AM

[quote]Gawd, this stupid movie! Everyone acted like birth control didn't exist and the choice was between horrible awful repression, and teen pregnancy!

r14 In fact, it didn't. A Summer Place was published in 1958. Movie came out in 1959.

Oral contraceptives were not introduced until 1960. And it took a while for them to really catch on. It was the introduction of the pill that sparked the sexual revolution of the 1960s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2019 12:28 AM

[quote]From Wikipedia: "She died from pulmonary complications caused by broken ribs suffered when she tripped over her cat in her home on January 11, 1981, at age 91." Damn cat!

We're all aware of the dangers of pussy.

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2019 12:38 AM

[quote]Bondi and Ives were both wonderful in Disney’s much underrated “So Dear to My Heart” (1948), a truly charming journey into Americana.

Ives singing "Lavender Blue" to Bondi in "So Dear to My Heart." This version of an old English folk song was nominated for the best-song Oscar in 1949 but lost to a song from an Esther Williams movie, "Baby It's Cold Outside," whose lyrics and premise have run afoul of the #metoo movement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2019 12:57 AM

R78, condoms existed in the 1950s. They've existed in some form for centuries, and were the primary form of birth control available to unmarried couples and people of modest means in the 1950s, and I mentioned them in the post you quoted from.

Of course the man had to be willing to buy and use them! And then as now, I suspect a hell of a lot of men would rather just go ahead and get the girl pregnant. It's not like he had to stick around or anything.

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2019 4:32 AM

Gertrude Flynn, unbilled as Helen's mother, played Mrs. O'Malley in "Funny Girl" and was the ladies room attendant in the classic showdown between Patty Duke & Susan Hayward in "Valley of the Dolls".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2019 12:28 PM

First appearing at 1:00.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2019 1:02 PM

Gertrude Flynn was great in her one scene.

“Hire him! And pay him well. The more you pay him, the more he’ll see.”

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2019 1:44 PM

Do do do do do do do da da do do......

by Anonymousreply 85November 13, 2019 7:27 PM

Gertrude Flynn was also the prim busybody tut-tutting Suzanne Pleshette and Troy Donahue's behavior in Rome Adventure.

by Anonymousreply 86November 13, 2019 7:42 PM

R86 Ironic considering that Connie was encouraging it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 13, 2019 7:44 PM

Obviously, Connie in that film found love exciting and new.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 13, 2019 7:46 PM

[quote]Gertrude Flynn was also the prim busybody tut-tutting Suzanne Pleshette and Troy Donahue's behavior in Rome Adventure.

To the tune of "Al Di La," which is heard constantly throughout the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 13, 2019 7:47 PM

[quote]Oral contraceptives were not introduced until 1960. And it took a while for them to really catch on. It was the introduction of the pill that sparked the sexual revolution of the 1960s.

and old men have been seething with rage ever since. These are men like Kavanaugh, Santorum, Huckabee, etc.......

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2019 11:38 AM

Molly, you had French in high school. What'd he say to me?

He said his heart was touched by your approval.

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2019 12:17 PM

R91 Utterly, utterly charming. Tres jolie, as the French say.

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2019 12:38 PM

I love the idea that Ann Doran (James Dean's mother in REBEL) is Dorothy McGuire's bridge partner and that Roberta Shore (Annette's rival in THE SHAGGY DOG) is Molly's gossipy classmate......

Ann Doran was in IT THE TERROR FROM OUTER SPACE where she was the navigator, performed autopsies, and then baked an apple pie for the crew.....she had mad skills.

by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2019 2:34 PM

Poor Sandra Dee had seemingly a bad life. I wonder how she she felt about that terrible Keven Spacey movie and did it push her over the edge ?

by Anonymousreply 94November 17, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote]r3 Uh oh, here comes the OB to examine Sandra Dee. Will her virginity still be there? If not... what will Connie Ford do?

That is a traumatizing scene. I watched it on TV as a teen and was like, "Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD ! ! "

It's like witnessing a rape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 18, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote]r50 I love how they had to make BOTH the other spouses incredibly repulsive, so that we're supposed to cheer on the affair.

What's stupid about the story is the teens treat their newly married parents like shit ... when the spouses who were ditched were horrors!

You'd think Molly would be delighted she has a new home away from her harridan mom, and that Johnny would be glad his mother unloaded his alky dad who was driving them into financial ruin. But instead both teens act utterly horrified, and vengeful.

by Anonymousreply 96November 18, 2019 1:22 AM

[quote]r52 Helen would have been wretched and one dimensional, but Connie makes her fascinating. Meg Myles played a character on "The Doctors" whom fans of that soap said seemed to be based on Connie's character.

Did you know Meg Myles was/is a very accomplished singer? I saw her do a cabaret act around 1993 in NYC and she was SUPERB. I saw both Barbara Cook and Eartha Kitt around the same time, and I have to say Myles was even better than them. She was extremely assured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 18, 2019 1:34 AM

R97 Thanks for that info! I read how she has the gift of being able to cure injured birds. She has a small but pivotal role in the film noir "The Phenix City Story" and is quite campy in "Satan in High Heels" opposite Grayson Hall!

by Anonymousreply 98November 18, 2019 12:29 PM

[quote]She has a small but pivotal role in the film noir "The Phenix City Story"

She was the one who was in it for less than a minute and they based the whole ad campaign on her because it was the only "sexy" moment in a very true dark tale of small town over ridden by crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 18, 2019 1:46 PM

R96 Molly is upset because her adored dad is boinking another woman. I'm not sure Johnny cares as much. Both kids are just mostly skeeved out by the idea of parental fucking.

by Anonymousreply 100November 18, 2019 6:41 PM

The song should be declared the official theme song of the USA in the early 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 101November 18, 2019 7:15 PM

R101 It's a gorgeous theme. Brings back a lot of childhood memories for me. I distinctly remember it playing on a jukebox.

by Anonymousreply 102November 18, 2019 7:35 PM

There are sites to find TV Shows. Is there one to locate movies on TV?

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2019 2:32 AM

Daddy, she says I bounce when I walk. Do I? Do I?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2019 9:10 AM

R103 if you look at a movie title on IMDB, it will list current television listings (national not local).....it's on that list on the right side of the page under TV.

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2019 2:23 PM

As for you Troy Donahue: I know what you wanna do!

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2019 6:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!