Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Wheel of Fortune': Vanna White Steps in as Host as Pat Sajak Undergoes Emergency Surgery

Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak had to undergo emergency surgery on Thursday, but is thankfully recovering.

The long-running game show's official Twitter announced the news on Friday and shared that Thursday's taping of the show had to be canceled when 73-year-old Sajak underwent surgery to correct a blocked intestine. Taping resumed on Friday, with Sajak's longtime Wheel of Fortune colleague, 62-year-old Vanna White, stepping in as host.

"Our taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine," the tweet read alongside a picture of a puzzle reading "Get well soon Pat!."

"He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work," the tweet continued. "Taping resumed today as scheduled and Vanna White has stepped in as host."

Sajak was just out and about on Nov. 1, when he and White as well as Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek supported producer Harry Friedman as Friedman got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Friedman has been the executive producer of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune since 1999.

ET spoke with White in May at the 26th Annual Race to Erase MS Gala, where she revealed that Trebek gave her a head's up on his stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis before he announced it on March 6.

"Yes, because we're a family," she said. "We've been together for over 30 years. Even though Jeopardy! is different from Wheel, we're kind of the same."

"He is a strong man and has such a will to conquer this," she added of 79-year-old Trebek. "Don’t be surprised if he doesn’t do it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 3:09 AM

Vanna White has zero personality.

This has disaster written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2019 7:40 AM

Can Vanna even spell her own name?

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2019 7:41 AM

Mad TV Wheel (with Pamela Anderson)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2019 7:52 AM

[quote]73-year-old Sajak underwent surgery to correct a blocked intestine.

While they've got him under, maybe unblock his head while they're at it. Rabid right-wing loon. WTF is with game show hosts who aren't merely right-wing, but far-right wing. Chuck Woolery is another one.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 8:09 AM

You in danger Pat!

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 12:06 PM

Vanna cannot host this show.

She doesn't have a personality.

I can't even imagine what funny little quips she would make with the contestants.

Vanna is like a robot.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 9:00 PM

[quote] a blocked intestine

Pat, what in the hell have you been sticking up there to cause that blockage?

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2019 11:38 PM

[quote]Pat, what in the hell have you been sticking up there to cause that blockage?

C_C_

A Thing

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2019 4:58 PM

Has Vanna ever hosted the show before?

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2019 5:00 PM

R4 does that mean Pat no go poopy 💩

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2019 5:00 PM

Tonight's winner pinged so hard he cracked my television screen.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2019 11:25 PM

Could you re-post that here, R11?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2019 11:32 PM

In medical school, the surgeons taught me this maxim:

Never let the sun set on a small bowel obstruction.

Emergency surgery is needed to prevent perforation and sepsis.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2019 11:33 PM

Maurice Gibb of the BeeGees died from an intestinal blockage.

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2019 11:35 PM

R13, how do you prevent it?

by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2019 11:37 PM

Was surprised she seemed so nervous.

by Anonymousreply 16December 9, 2019 11:42 PM

R13 - what are the symptoms of blockage?

by Anonymousreply 17December 9, 2019 11:54 PM

Vanna takes over as host while Minnie Mouse (Yes, Minnie Mouse) does the letter turning.

by Anonymousreply 18December 9, 2019 11:55 PM

She was pretty bad. They should have brought in Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 19December 9, 2019 11:57 PM

I had a blockage after I had abdominal surgery...I ended up back in the hospital for more than three weeks before they reopened me and undid the twisted bowels. The Dr who did the original surgery brought a surgeon in on consult and they bicker over whether or not they should reopen me or "let it undo itself on its own" It didnt. it took my 6 months to fully recover.

You know something is going on, you get bloated, miserably uncomfortable and can't poop.

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2019 12:08 AM

She did okay, You could tell she was trying.

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2019 2:08 AM

It was awkward. She had difficulty relating at all to the contestants or what they were saying.

She's the host for 3 weeks!

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2019 3:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!