Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Yet another Popeye's incident

So much trashy behavior.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2019 12:29 AM

There will be thousands of such posts in social media over the next year, brought to you by Russian trolls.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2019 8:41 PM

I'm not Russian, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2019 8:44 PM

That victim in OP's video is a lawyer. Shit is about to get real.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2019 8:45 PM

I was just at Popeye’s Thursday. Bitches owe me a biscuit. Chicken sandwich was alright. The rest sucked.

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2019 8:45 PM

Rockay!

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2019 8:49 PM

I'm not saying you, OP, are Russian. And the incident happened.

But these stories are spread through social media by careful algorithms and agents, to attract attention and create social conflict and fear. And cash.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2019 8:51 PM

I drove past a popeye's on Route 17 in Jersey last night and it was mobbed! Busy like I have never seen it

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2019 9:37 PM

“Deriance Ra'Shaiel Hughes”

Pronounced “Darius Rachel Hews”?

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2019 9:44 PM

"A 55-year-old grandmother."

Why is the fact that she and her children can procreate relevant?

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2019 10:00 PM

Maria Ramirez? Maria Ramirez? Maria Ramirez?

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2019 11:53 PM

I followed this recipe and made it at home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2019 12:15 AM

Please don't let them be.....

DAMN.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2019 12:26 AM

All fast food places have their share of hot head employees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2019 12:30 AM

So now Deriance will: 1) lose his job; 2) have a police record; and 3) have difficulty getting another job.

Was it worth tossing an old lady onto the concrete?

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote] she was charged twice for her $13.11 meal

I'd guess this crew might have been doing this to more than just the old lady

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2019 5:08 AM

^Yes. Fast food employees routinely steal. Most people don't notice. The scum sucking thug who body slammed her was most likely a drug addict. Same with all the zombies who cheered him on and/or did nothing to help. Pigs who should be rounded up and sent to prison where they are forced to eat nothing but Popeyes at every meal.

And Michele Obama wonders why "white flight" is still a thing. {{snort}}

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2019 7:46 AM

I don't know the circumstances of this event, but I feel so sorry for Popeye's employees. They basically earn minimum wage and they are having to deal with the worst of society, people acting like lunatics just for a sandwich

The Popeye's near my house has been packed every evening. Like 30 to 40 cars in the drive through, they even extend down the road half a mile or more. One day last week I left work around 1:30 and saw that it wasn't that busy so I pulled in and when I went in they refused to sell me a sandwich. They told me they weren't allowed to sell them until after 4 PM.

I think they are just doing shit like this to get free press attention and drive up the demand for their sandwich. A man has already been killed and that company is doing shit like this? I'll never eat there

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2019 9:14 AM

[quote]But these stories are spread through social media by careful algorithms and agents, to attract attention and create social conflict and fear. And cash.

Quit with the Russian troll nonsense.

Fast-food fight videos are as popular on social media as cat videos. They spread around the internet just fine without help from Russians.

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2019 12:21 PM

I've never been in a Popeye's and I'm never going to go in.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2019 12:27 PM

R14, it's a very good thing that Deriance will have trouble finding another job. He probably should not have ever had this one.

Deriance should try some sort of work-from-home scheme that will not involve him interacting with human beings.

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2019 12:32 PM

I'm seeing a lot of this 'rage' in young blacks. I think it's because they go to Afrocentric schools where it's just Slavery/Dr. King/Malcolm X all day long. So when they go out in the world they think it's 1964.

You never rode in the back of the bus. You never picked cotton. These things didn't happen to you.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2019 1:49 PM

[quote]Deriance should try some sort of work-from-home scheme that will not involve him interacting with human beings.

He already has one: drug dealer. Popeye's was his "street corner". I'm sure he considered it a bonus that he could also rip people off by double charging them. Grandma wasn't having it and got broken bones as a result.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2019 1:52 PM

[quote]I'm seeing a lot of this 'rage' in young blacks. I think it's because they go to Afrocentric schools where it's just Slavery/Dr. King/Malcolm X all day long. So when they go out in the world they think it's 1964.

They are being indoctrinated the same way ISIS terrorists are.

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Some of you are really racist. And supernaturally stupid.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2019 1:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2019 11:48 PM

^Jesus, what a fucking animal.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2019 12:21 AM

These customers must be ravenous to attack workers or each other over fast food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2019 12:29 AM

What if she had incurred A brain injury- or died? TheN you can think about your manslaughter charge in jail for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2019 2:10 AM

[quote]I feel so sorry for Popeye's employees. They basically earn minimum wage and they are having to deal with the worst of society, people acting like lunatics just for a sandwich

Huh. That's a odd thing to say. The video shows that the worst of society are the Popeye's employees THEMSELVES, as one of them body slammed a 55-year old woman to the pavement.

You might want to get an eye exam.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2019 2:23 AM

Popeyes are one of the few places that hire ex felons. Thats why they are so nasty.

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2019 4:06 AM

Beyond voting rights, the most troubling racialized Popeyes story broke just a few days ago. Earlier this week the New York Times reported, a young black man lost his life after he was stabbed to death in Maryland. The story made national news. This was not due to the homicide. Young black men are murdered at a shocking rate in Maryland yearly; few of them are mentioned in the New York Times.

The crime drove headlines because it happened at a Popeyes, and according to the restaurant’s spokesperson, it was “related to the release of the sandwich.” The news of black on black crime initiated by Popeyes' new fried chicken sandwich bolted across the internet. Much of the reporting’s sensational nature echoed the tone from the well-worn 1990s accounts of young black men killing each over Jordans and Starter jackets. But like these sneaker stories, the hyper-focus on pathologized details of a crime can obscure the more substantial injustice. In so many cases like this, it is not some uncontrollable craze for shoes, or jackets, or chicken that precipitates black violence, but rather broader structural desperation created by racism and segregation which animate crimes. The stabbing took place at a franchise in Oxon Hill, Maryland, where more than 70 percent of the neighborhood's residents are black, and the unemployment rate is 10 percent (more than twice the national rate). Yet the morbid fascination fueling this story is not concerned with consequences of communal divestment—many find theories of chicken-induced murder more interesting.

-GQ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2019 4:15 AM

There are algorithms, though some of you refuse to accept that. And the social media that disseminates these "blacks are animals" stories profit immensely.

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2019 4:19 AM

So, R32, what you're saying is that the woman in OP's video did not get body slammed. Right?

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2019 4:21 AM

[quote] it is not some uncontrollable craze for shoes, or jackets, or chicken that precipitates black violence, but rather broader structural desperation created by racism and segregation which animate crimes

Plainly it's society's fault a thug tried to rob the old white lady and then with his friends broke nine of her bones when she caught on.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2019 4:36 AM

In the video at Popeyes. The white woman was arguing inside the store and called the employees n-----rs.

This link has the video of the inside incident that led to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2019 4:58 AM

R33 of course I'm not saying that. The event happened.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2019 4:58 AM

This is why we need to invest more in education and good treatment for people. Poverty brings out the worst in people of any skin color.

I look at this and see a borderline crazy old lady with nothing better to do than pick a bone over a few dollars, and I see some black people at boiling point with how "white people" treat them. It's not rocket science. There's no battle lines to be drawn here. Just take care of people and you won't have their cortisol shoot up so high they have to stick it to others. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2019 5:05 AM

So fucking what R35 ? If I body slammed every person that called me a faggot theyd be stacked 10 deep. Calling someone a name is NO excuse for violence. I bet you think the gay panic defense was justified as well.

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2019 5:05 AM

People, I went in to try that sandwich and Popeye's is ridiculously packed. The staff is over worked and the customers I'd like to punch in the face myself. They get pissed off waiting for so long. A woman was waiting for her large order and others were getting there stuff before hers was done and she was complaining. One of the workers told her she was next and was going to get her order together. Then after putting together one box she stopped. Turned to tell the lady they were out of the boneless wings, and if she liked to have tenders instead. Of course the woman if she had a gun would have shot up the Popeye's. She didn't want the tenders and the woman was telling her it's the same thing. They ended up giving her 5 pieces of chicken.

Anyway, I blame Popeye's Marketing team and they definitely got more business happening. These sandwiches are better than a frozen chicken pattie you get from the other stores but it's not worth all the aggravation. I just wanted it because they didn't have it before, I wanted to know what I was missing and because everyone else wanted it. They took it away to make this shit crazy like this.

They need to take it away again. For the violence to stop.

by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2019 5:11 AM

r26, you don't know what these kids are like. I have in my mind, knocked the shit out of these bitches in class. Not one teacher hasn't wished she could beat the shit out of a teenager. Most don't do it, she lost her mind because you know someone will film you.

Besides, knowing I would be filmed I don't know for sure I would win. I don't want to lose my job, go to jail and LOSE THE FIGHT and have it viral on youtube where some 15 year old kicked my ass.

Let's just instruct remotely. Lecture hall, camera and kids at home on computer.

by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2019 5:16 AM

If you plan to engage in bad behavior tell your friends to put their phones away, simple!

by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2019 5:37 AM

I was called " whitey" for asking for a sweet Tea refill at the POPEYE'S on Canal in New Orleans .All I got was a $20.00 Gift card.

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2019 6:19 AM

I really can't bring myself to watch this degradation. They're all blacks, right?

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2019 7:10 AM

At this point, I'm never patronizing Popeye's, I don't give a fuck about their chicken sandwich.

I'm not completely averse to fast food. At the very least, I like trying things I've never tried before. But Popeye's has been playing ridiculous games with this viral fad, and I'm starting to put at least some of the blame for their customers' bad behavior on the company itself.

They created artificial scarcity and kept up that scarcity even as customers and employees started being assaulted, and now someone has died. I see this as akin to people being crushed to death at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. The company isn't directly responsible, but they created the conditions for it, and, as a prospective customer, I'm holding them accountable by withholding my business. And I can see a good argument for lawyers and/or legislators holding the company legally responsible as well.

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2019 7:19 AM

The "Our Customers Are Animals" defense.

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2019 7:46 AM

Hmmmm...trash can sandwiches!!!

Popeyes Employees Seen Making Chicken Sandwiches on Trash Bin

"The Popeyes chicken sandwich has been causing all kinds of mayhem since the re-release a few weeks ago. Previously, a Popeye’s employee slammed a white woman in the parking lot of one of the locations after she allegedly called the entire staff the n-word. Now, an employee was recently seen making chicken sandwiches on top of a garbage can.

The owner of the Fairfax, Virginia location has apologized for the incident and said the restaurant was struck with orders after only being opened for a few days. The garbage can situation came out of needing space to fulfill a 100-chicken sandwich order that came in. According to reports, the woman seen making the chicken sandwiches on the garbage can was directly in the line of sight of customers waiting to order."

source: FOX32 Chicago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2019 5:43 PM

The woman should not have said what she did. The employees should not have called her cracker first. The piece of shit who slammed her on the concrete is garbage who should rot in prison.

by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2019 8:49 PM

I thought this sandwich by the Habit was probably the best chicken sandwich I ever had. Too bad it's not currently available. Easily better than Popeyes and Chik Fil A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2019 9:51 PM

[quote]The white woman was arguing inside the store and called the employees n-----rs

No she didn't. That is hearsay. 100% fiction.

by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2019 11:34 PM

[quote]I look at this and see a borderline crazy old lady with nothing better to do than pick a bone over a few dollars, and I see some black people at boiling point with how "white people" treat them.

This has GOT to be a right wing troll trying to incite white hate for black people. How else to explain a total moron who takes the side of a grifting thug who beat the shit out of an old woman because she had the gall to ask for her stolen money back.

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2019 11:36 PM

[quote]They created artificial scarcity and kept up that scarcity even as customers and employees started being assaulted, and now someone has died. I see this as akin to people being crushed to death at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. The company isn't directly responsible, but they created the conditions for it, and, as a prospective customer, I'm holding them accountable by withholding my business. And I can see a good argument for lawyers and/or legislators holding the company legally responsible as well.

Slow clap. I totally agree. Popeyes will get sued for millions over these incidents. And they deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2019 11:41 PM

There’s already been a thread on this OP. Would it have killed you to have done a search first before you posted this? I mean really? What’s wrong with having a little consideration for others and doing a search first? Would it really have been that hard? Would it?

by Anonymousreply 52November 12, 2019 12:28 AM

It's triste that l'économie politique du poulet intersects yet again with African American economism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 12, 2019 1:05 AM

[quote] They created artificial scarcity and kept up that scarcity even as customers and employees started being assaulted, and now someone has died. I see this as akin to people being crushed to death at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. The company isn't directly responsible, but they created the conditions for it, and, as a prospective customer, I'm holding them accountable by withholding my business. And I can see a good argument for lawyers and/or legislators holding the company legally responsible as well.

I totally agree with this as well, except that I'm not a prospective customer. Every Popeyes I've ever seen looks absolutely disgusting--like the Long John Silvers places that used to be everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 54November 12, 2019 7:33 AM

why i pay cash for all minor purchases.

Popeye’s? why didn’t she just upload a pic of her debit card to 4chan.

by Anonymousreply 55November 12, 2019 9:08 AM

𝐘𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 (Russian edition)

Russian Burger King Employee Beats & Forces Kids To Clean After Themselves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 12, 2019 10:01 AM

Why isn't called Burger Tsar?

by Anonymousreply 57November 12, 2019 11:38 AM

Oh, shut the fuck up R16. This incident has FUCK to do with what Michelle Obama said and you KNOW it. THAT's why you're a racist piece of horse shit. And I seriously doubt the guy that body-slammed this woman is a fucking drug addict.

ANY WAY...

[quote]That victim in OP's video is a lawyer. Shit is about to get real.

Yeah, it is. However, you would think she would have enough sense to not dangle a red cape in front of a charging bull. She's about to get paiiiid tho. They need to throw everyone behind that counter into lock up.

by Anonymousreply 58November 12, 2019 12:52 PM

Nobody behind the counter should have had to deal with any of this, except the manager who simply had to issue a $13 refund. How on earth that simple task went so far wrong has not been revealed.

But let's just keep this to the parties we know are involved. She Who Got Thrown and He Who Did the Throwing. The video linked above that shows some of the altercation inside the 'restaurant' clearly show other employees trying to pull the assailant out of the argument. There is no reason other than racism to make your ugly statement R58.

by Anonymousreply 59November 12, 2019 1:08 PM

[quote]And I seriously doubt the guy that body-slammed this woman is a fucking drug addict.

So? I have infinitely more respect for drug addicts than for people who fucking BODY SLAM 55-year-old women to the pavement.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote]There is no reason other than racism to make your ugly statement [R58].

I’m confused R59. Exactly what in MY statement is racist? Most of the counter followed those two out and cheered them on like this was a goddamn gladiator match. NONE of them made an ounce of effort to prevent what happened. What the FUCK does their ethnicity have to do with that?

[quote]So? I have infinitely more respect for drug addicts than for people who fucking BODY SLAM 55-year-old women to the pavement.

...And in what UNIVERSE would you get the impression that I was advocating ANY kind of respect for the person that slammed this old cunt to the ground? Because I said I doubt that he's a drug addict. I'm simply pointing out that R16 overshot his stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2019 12:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2019 4:24 PM

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭

Seven Popeyes workers were fired after footage of a massive brawl in a Milwaukee outlet went viral on Wednesday.

Video recorded by a customer inside Popeyes shows female and male staff hitting each other as one worker tries to break up the fight on the restaurant floor.

The shocking incident happened at Popeyes near 76th and Good Hope Road around 9.30pm.

Richard Fourte, who recorded the footage, said he didn't want to get his food at the drive-thru because of a long queue so he went inside instead.

'I said to myself, I said, "Wow, there's a lot of people working here." I heard one of them yell, "It's a fight," Fourte said.

'They ran to the back by the grills, OK. Now, there was a fight back there. I didn't get that one on tape.

'Honestly, I wasn't even going to get the chicken sandwich,' Fourte explained. He can be heard in the video saying: 'Break that s**t up' as the staff continue to pull out of one another.

He did not get his food but WITI reported that seven workers were fired as a result of the melee. Police did arrive at the restaurant later but they claimed no weapons were involved and no arrests were made as a result.

-----------------

I hope that guy trying to break up the fight wasn't fired. He did his best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2019 12:03 AM

I’m sick of the “it’s society’s fault” excuse. Take responsibility for your actions. The white woman is an animal for calling the employee the N-word. The black guy is an animal for being violent. What the fuck ever happened to owning up to our own mistakes? Oh, yeah, I forgot. Once blaming the system became a valid excuse for acting like rabid dogs and uncivilized cavemen we started using it left and right. I don’t care how poor you are, I don’t care how bad the service is, I don’t care how upset you are over anything. Treat others the way you want to be treated. I swear to christ, America’s devolved into a populous of savages.

by Anonymousreply 64November 17, 2019 12:57 AM

Is there any video of her calling anyone the N word? If not, it is easy to say that about anyone. What he did to her was just like the NFL player taking the helmet from a quarterback and trying to use it as a weapon. Slamming a 55 year old woman? Violent behavior in both incidents.

by Anonymousreply 65November 17, 2019 2:14 AM

I can't believe that an educated, non-crazy white woman who uses the "n word" would walk into a Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 66November 17, 2019 4:10 AM

They’re both animals. Not surprised. This is one of the major reasons I don’t eat fast food anymore. It’s full of ghetto and white trash psychos like this.

by Anonymousreply 67November 17, 2019 6:25 PM

Funny thing... I live three blocks from my local Popeyes and walk past it on my way to work and back....where are these mobs? Not even on the weekends...someone is being a shit-stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2019 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!